Return to Website

Elvenwork Forum

This forum has been a way to provide a public exchange of questions and answers for polymer clay sculptors. But, as I said in my final post, there comes a time when all things must end. That doesn't mean the forum used as an archive has nothing to offer. Indeed it is still loaded with questions and answers that remain relevant and which are searchable! For that reason, I'm keeping it available, though no new posts can be added. If after searching the forum your question isn't addressed, Join me on Facebook.com to ask it. As always, you'll find me there as Katherine Dewey. Hope to see you there. --  Katherine

Forum: Elvenwork Forum
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
How long to bake a mouse ???

How long do I have to bake the mouse? Since I live in Germany and all of the measurements are metric I´m kind of confused as to how long I have to bake it to achieve the proper results ;ie no breaking or cracking.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!
I,m using Fimo Soft 56 g (1,97oz)

Thank you, Simone!

Email  
Re: How long to bake a mouse ???

Follow the instructions on the package. Use the manufacturer's recommended temperature and time. Let it cool completely before touching it, preferably in the oven for as long as you bake it. I have not used Fimo Soft in many years and do not know how changes in the formula have affected its strength. Best of luck,
Katherine

Thank you Katherine,
I baked the mouse for 30 min,and the ears and tail broke of.Schould I use Cernit instead?
Thank you Simone!

Email  

Fimo Classic or Cernit are more flexibale after baking. This makes them more durable, more resistant to breakage, than Fimo Soft. Did you use armature in the ears (glue sized and coated card stock)? Was there a wire in the tail? Have you considered reapiring the mouse with a good glue?
All the best,
Katherine

Hi Kathrin,
I used glue wire for the tail,but no card stock for the ears.Thank you for youre answer.

Simone

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains