Return to Website

Elvenwork Forum

This forum has been a way to provide a public exchange of questions and answers for polymer clay sculptors. But, as I said in my final post, there comes a time when all things must end. That doesn't mean the forum used as an archive has nothing to offer. Indeed it is still loaded with questions and answers that remain relevant and which are searchable! For that reason, I'm keeping it available, though no new posts can be added. If after searching the forum your question isn't addressed, Join me on Facebook.com to ask it. As always, you'll find me there as Katherine Dewey. Hope to see you there. --  Katherine

Forum: Elvenwork Forum
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Life Like Figures By Katherine

Go pick this book up you NEED it!

Re: Life Like Figures By Katherine

I have it. I've only had it about a month, but it looks like I've owned it for years. If I'm not sculpting or making my gift tags, it's in my lap.
Great, great book!

I have used mine so much the pages are falling out. I think I may have to put them in a three ring binder or buy a new one! But mine is a signed copy.
Debbie

I have it, I love it and I am mad at my cat for spilling water on it.

I actually found this site before I bought the book. Katherine was just getting ready to release it. I will have to buy another one soon because this is signed and it is getting ruined.

BUY IT if you don't have it, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Re: Re: Life Like Figures By Katherine

I could of got my off ebay cheaper BUT got mine off this site and asked for mine to be signed.....

no go.... :(

Wish mine was signed. I got it off Amazon when I was buying up all sorts of books on polymer clay. I had to leach clay last night and I noticed that all of the other books that I've bought are being used for weight and Katherine's book is the only one at my work station

I haven't gotten the book yet, but it's on my list. Once I've recouped my startup costs selling sculptures, I'll pick it up.

I'm brand new, but I wanted to ask:

Why DOESN'T Katherine sign the books? I mean, if you go to a book signing at a bookstore, they have no problem signing each and every book that is bought and you bring to them. Don't mean to sound wrong, but it seems a bit strange that she won't.

Dee

Email  

I have a signed copy and I am sure she would sign one for you if you ask her.
Debbie

Well, I suppose it is because she offered a pre-order special. Anyone who ordered the book before it was released received a signed copy and it helped launch her "Elvenwork Press." If she signed everyone's copy after that date then it would take away from those that ordered early.

I don't think it is "wrong" or "strange" that she won't do it. Katherine has been very generous and forthcoming with all of her polymer clay secrets and tips on this forum. Be happy that she has offered us a place to come and share our problems and solutions in such an open and friendly environment. Sometimes I can't believe how much she will tell you here for free. You could almost print out every tip she has posted and have her entire book.

I haven't looked all through the site but i am guessing that the pre-order information is no longer posted and that is why no one "new" knows about it. With or without a signature the book is an indispensable part of your polymer clay library.

Book orders to individuals, retailers, and Baker & Taylor (the distributer used by most chain retailers)are handled by a storage and shipping facilitator. That facilitator is miles and miles away.

I hope you understand,
Katherine

Thanks Katherine,

LOL, I got a little protective of you, LOLLOL

I am so glad you answered, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth but it was the only reason that I could think of and I had asked for another signed copy (I messed mine up) and got no reply, then I saw that Jeff asked too.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to answer for you.

Hi!
Am new so a quick Hello *waves* to all.

I found this forum and ordered the book last week and am soo excited about recieving it!
I cant wait eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Email  

Hi Laura, welcome to our gang, you are going to love it here, and love the book even more..

Email  

Thanks Mareli!

it seems like a great board ooh am sooo excited!!lol!!

Email  

yayayaya my books arrived this morn!
cant believe they came so fast! have had a flick through, looking forward to a good nose and play around with the clay now!
Didnt realise the wings were so easy ooh cant wait!

Email  

Sweet! I got my book today! I must say, for it's size and number of pages, there is a LOT of information packed in this book. Very informative, easy to follow and lots of pictures to guide you along in making figures. I love the sisal hair! The info on making the eyes are awesome too!

I think I can now actually make one of these lifelike figures, thanks to this book and Katherine

Re: Re: Life Like Figures By Katherine

Katherine's book is my sculpting Bible. :) But it's not enough if it's not accompanied by work, work, more hard work and lots of inspiration.

Such a great book, I love my copy. Once you've mastered the techniques in Lifelike Figures get yourself a copy of Edouard Lanteri's Modeling and Sculpting the Human Figure. It was written about 100 years ago for traditional water clay sculpting but all the principles of anatomy and composing a sculpture is timeless info. Amazon has it for like $12.

It is in the 'special' section of my bookshelf just above my sculpting table. I consider it a must have book for anyone interested in sculpting ANY living thing with Polymer Clay.

I rate it 10 out of 5!!!!!

Katherine,

l want to buy your book semina making babies. l have been practising on my own with old bits of clay and each night l am getting slightly better although l say it myself. :-)

My biggest problem at the moment is l struggle with blending the cheeks,nose and mouth. l ended up making and open yawning mouth last night and it turned out fantastic but thats only because l was struggling with the closed mouth :-)

l'm starting to enjoy sculpting and found your forum on the off chance. May l just take the time to say after browsing some of your work Katherine you have an amazing talent. Very gifted and talented. Also to some of the other members whos work l have come across by reading your postings you should be really proud of yourself your work is a real credit to you all.
Alot of talented people in this world l wish l was one of them.. Well done!!!

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com