supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A note to the 2008 Generals

Hey fellas. Some of you might remember me hurting my knee towards the end of the season. I had torn my ACL but didn't know it and I played through the end of the season, causing much more damage in the process. I had the knee reconstructed in December, but unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to be ready to go for 2008. I understand that in losing me the Generals aren't losing much, as I only caught about 10 passes all season, but I'm losing an entire year of some of the most fun I've ever had. I plan on coming back with a vengence in '09, but for now best of luck, and I hope to see you on top of the IFL come October!

Whittaker #80

Re: A note to the 2008 Generals

Sorry to hear about that! You had some clutch catches in many games through out the season. Hope that everything goes good, and don't be a stranger around our practices and games.

God has a plan TE, even though it might conflict with your goals and plans. maybe there was a reason for your injury; you have the injury, so your injury does not have you. I know how it feels to start from scratch again. I hope your recovery is a fast one and I know you will be just fine. Just make sure you keep up with the rehab and range of motion your going through! Also.... my older brother Vetro Abernathy is suppose to tryout for the 2008 Generals; he is a great competitor and even better as a leader. PEACE AND GOD BLESS.

Big Whit take care of that knee here in the offseason and make sure you stay in touch. Got to hand it to you playing out the season on a torn ACL is no joke. I hope your rehab goes well and we see you through out the Preseason and Season. We will miss your experience.

Sorry to hear that Jim. I guess we were going to have the offense revolve around you this season...oh well. Just kidding. You do need to find your replacement though. If you don't find a replacement, you HAVE to play.

Take it easy, and make sure you come out to some practices.

Troy

Damn, sorry to hear that Jim...hope to see you out there watching us anyways...

Damn man! You're doing it to me again! haha jk.. If I have to play TE for you I'll do my best. I sure hope you'll be at most if not all of the games!

Later

Sorry John Martin, one thing is for sure though: I'll be at as many games as possible. I'm so pissed that I can't play, especially with the team from my home town (the Elkhart Shamrock) joining the IFL. They play at my high school. I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY ON THAT FIELD AGAIN!!!!! I'll be at plenty of practices too. I'm hoping Coach can find something for me to do, even though I can't play. Maybe I can help Howie carry the water!!!

Go Generals!
Whittaker #80

Good job gimping around with that injury! You played pretty well with a bum knee. Sucks to hear that you'll be out this season, but better to be able to walk when your 50 than to play this season. Get out and help when you can. Get some good rehab in and you'll be stronger next season. Good luck and see you soon.