supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
League vs. League vs. League

Just to clarify, I have posted on here both as Tryton and as Sting64. Just so someone doesn't think this is a new poster or anything. I felt it was necessary to lay my name out there for this post. I'm fed up with the MFL bashing. I played for the Sting for 2 years. We had our issues obviously. Other teams in our league had their issues as well. As Wayne Wolf has already said on here, so does every league. I am currently one of the management of the East Central Wolverines. We are trying to get into the MFL right now. That was the league myself and our owner both played in and to me it was a no brainer. The MFL has its issues for sure but why does everyone seem to think they are not worth working on? I can say for my team, we are working to improve the competition in the league. I do not know the status of other teams that were in the league except the Scorpions have obviously folded and the Dragons are leaving. Other than that, it's all speculation. I've seen posts on here basically saying that the MFL is no more. The Patriots are the only quality team and the Shamrock and Cutters are both leaving with the Dragons. I don't know squat about what those teams are doing, but I do appreciate Wayne's dedication to the league and his belief in it. I am not sure what started this whole IFL vs. MFL thing anyway but I am so sick of hearing it. I can say I've seen GOOD posts from some IFL guys regarding the MFL but I will say this to those "haters": We don't care what you think. You play your games. We'll play ours. I sincerely hope you'll be surprised by the competition level this year. In my mind, the MFL doesn't have to live up to any standards set by the few IFL players who choose to run their mouth on here. From what I've seen, no matter what league you're in, we're all just having a hell of a lot of fun doing something we all love. I don't understand why it can't be left at that. Anyone wants to contact me and talk it's eastcentralwolverines@gmail.com or 765-348-3809.

Re: League vs. League vs. League

Bill, I have to say that your dedication is true. You been on here and have tried to get things set up between league play, You have tried to put a positive spin on things. I am not sure how long you have been involved with the MFL, but I would say 90% of the individuals that have negative things to say about the MFL have at one point been a member of it. There are a couple of things to keep in mind. Those individuals who you guys feel are bashing the league have been crossed by the league at one point or another. The leaders of certain teams have been crossed by Earl at one point or another. Now the difference is time. Some of these individuals have had problems stemming back to a long time ago. Some, have been recent. What you and other current MFL teams are recieving, is the package of raw deal. Earl has never taken responsibility for his own actions. If he was to get on here and "straighten" out or make things right with certain people, There would be a line from supa's world all the way back to the telle tubies website. He has never had to do that because he has ALWAYS had someone or a group fight his battles for him. This is why when someone defends the MFL, there is so much energy placed in the discussion. You are right when you say every league has thier issues. However, some have less than the others. The other thing that should be addressed is that it could be concieved that invidual members of the IFL could be doing this to lure teams to the IFL. I would have to say that is non-sense. If my informstion is correct, the IFL recieves an abundant number of applicants year in and year out. I do not believe they have EVER sought out a team. And above that, if your application is viewed and liked, you then have two phases you must get through to even be considered. So when this becomes an IFL / MFL thing, it is because there are players who played in the MFL that are currently playing in the IFL and with all due respect, they Like it a lot better than when they were in the MFL. I would say do not take it personal, As I said it is bitterness directed at earl. It needs not to be percieved as IFL vs. MFL, It is individuals who maybe after years, still have not seen a change in the MFL. I would even go so far to say that believe it or not, some of these individuals do care about your teams. I beleive they percieve that it has been years of NO change in the MFL system and that is not fair to your teams. Sometimes they want to open your eyes to things you could be blind to. I am pretty much one sided only because I have seen Earls work, I have seen how he does things and I have been crossed by him. I hope you know though, I have been fair in this post. I have said nothing negative of your teams. That is the difference, It's not against YOUR teams, but...when people try to defend someone (Earl) and they know nothing of the past...I hope you could see how it would upset people. I do believe some are trying to help you, just know that in SOME ASPECTS, it is not your battle. Good luck to you and your team, may you have a safe 2008 season.
P.S. Think of it this way, when the MFL is stated, it should replaced with EARL. That is where a lot of the mis-communication takes place. When the MFL is mentioned, you take it as a whole....in which you should. But it truely is Earl who is the target.

that goes both ways. i feel the same way about the ifl but it dosent matter. once you are on the field the league you play in doesnt matter. You have grass, a football, players hitting each other, zebras and yellow hankies. players really dont gotta deal with management of the league, a lot of issues are managment at the team level, but gets blamed on the league. for instance the mfl had a roster limit. instead of a team dealing with there limit at the begining of there season they let it play out till playoffs.....team issue.

Given the information, if team A. Knew there would be a roster limit at the beggining of the playoffs, and did not acknowledge this in thier season planning, but complained about it when the rule was in effect, Team A would be in the wrong. If the roster limit rule was made mid season, the league would be in the wrong. If the Roster limit was made at the begging of the playoffs, the league would be in the wrong. It sounds to me like confusion on both parts. Initially, this is fault of league structure, or ignorance of team officials. This also proves a point of mine, this Roster rule seems as if it should be a pretty simple adaptation. If over half of the team reps agree that it should be used, case closed...that's that. I belive this to be a small issue that could have been taken care of very simply on both parts. My point in this, is that many leagues are now focusing on harder much more detailed problems. this is what I meant by it is not fair to your teams. The difference seems to be, "we'll handle problems as they arise, instead of preventing them from the beginning." The players lose in that equation, and the players should be the most important part of that equation. The most important QUESTION you can ask as a player concerned about your league..... is what is your league doing for you? Good luck to you

How it is?
I understand your response that when people attack "the league" the name Earl could just as easily be inserted. However, If you and I both understand that, then why do individuals, who I might add probably weren't around when the split took place, need to criticize anyhting or anyone for that matter. Most of the differences in opinion that led to the FFL split are long forgotten. If they aren't please tell me what all the problems were?
It seems that most of the complaining comes from individuals affiliated with the IFL. I was around when the split took place, were you?
I would encourage everyone to understand that there are always two sides to every story, listen to both, then somewhere in the middle is where the truth lies. you don't hear any of our league or team reps on here bashing the IFL or any other league. We don't get on here and ask about the CRFL(an entire league), or the Chiefs, Longhorns, Pirates, or whatever other entity decided to call it quits. It is unfortunate that teams fold, but it happens EVERY YEAR in EVERY LEAGUE!

It has been brought up about the roster limit, the MFL had a 40 man roster limit at the end of 2006. In 2007 one team petitioned the league for a 50 man limit. The reasoning they offered up was very self serving. There was no benefit to the league as a whole. However, we are not unreasonable and reached a compromise of 45. It was voted on and accepted. Why that paticular team decided to wait until the last minute to make whatever cuts they did, who knows.
Another "poster" made referrence to our league website. I'm still trying to figure that one out. We have one, it works and is utilized regularly. What's the issue?
So many people want to talk about the lack of leadership in the MFL, OK, let's talk about it. The league is run by a board. Each member team has one representative and one vote. If any team feels that strongly about ANY issue, they have the same chance as every other team to try to effect change and make it better. So I guess, if you wanna blame someone for the state the league is in, we are all responsible. I don't see Earl post on this site to air our differences because he doesn't need to, we have a system in place. I don't see the team owners or league leadership from any other league voice their problems or use this board for more than a general communication forum.

Much the same as the other leagues out there, we are trying to give teams the chance to play competitive football when they might not otherwise have the chance. We must be doing something right, because we too have had many off season requests for acceptance into our league. Again, we didn't approach them, they came to us. We have also had other leagues contact some of our teams outright to ask if there was an interest in exploring other options. If any team decides that this isn't the league for them, we don't want to hold them back, but do hope that if they have a problem we will be made aware of it so that it can be addressed with the hopes of both keeping the issue from getting out of control and correcting it in the best possible manner.

I was hoping Wayne would chime in on this. As for me, I wasn't around back when all this animosity apparently started but it seems maybe it's time to let it go if that's really what's at the root of this. While the new team I am involved with is not yet a member of the MFL, I played for the Sting for 2 years so I do still feel affiliated with the league. I appreciate what you are saying and especially the way you said it, but when it comes to what you said about when people are bashing the league they are bashing Earl, I have to disagree. Because as a player I take it very personally. And that defense doesn't account for the posts saying how bad all the other teams in the MFL are. I take that personally as well. The vibe I get is we are supposed to be ashamed of playing in the MFL. So it's not all about attacking Earl. It's about attacking every player and every owner. Even if you don't see it that way and you're not the one doing it, you're not the only one who posts.

The league set the roster to 45 men at the start of the season. If the Dragons had over that many players why would they cut players before they had to?
They could keep all the players until the playoffs then make the final cut. Player do get hurt.
The roster only helped them no other team had 45 guys i dont think but the league cried about making it a 45 man. You hear people all the time say it's about the 11 on the field, well then who cares how many players they have.
I am not a big fan of the Dragons (I hate Josh G). They do seem to try to get what they want and if they dont they kind of bitch about it a little.... BUT they did try to make the MFL better. They just went about it the wrong way. The only teams in the MFL that had their back was the Cutters and Pats. Wayne seems to back all teams in the MFL even if he does not like them. You have to respect him for that.
Im sure that there is more to the Dragons leaving the MFL then any of us know about but it's not our team so who cares. Even if you don't like the Dragons you have to respect what they have done. It's the same with the Broncos you dont have to like them but you have to respect what they have done (3 in a row what do you know).
My point to all this is teams leave league all the time for what ever reason why is it such a big deal if the dragon leave the MFL when the MFL did'nt even want them any ways. The Sting 64 guy had respect for the dragons too i almost for about you.
By the way i did play for the Dragons in 06 but not in 07 i left(or was kicked off the team im man enought to say it) and played with the hurricanes.

You guys make some good points but most of what you say is still just "peety puffin" to me!

The MFL will ALWAYS be preceeded by Earl's reputation and as long as he is involved you'll have the comments from those who know how he operates.

"How it is" was right, no one is trying to disrespect the players or teams involved in the MFL. It's obvious with time that the better organizations are going elsewhere, that should tell you something!

Much love,
CC

Well I Personally know how Earl operates, because I played a couple games for him, but once I seen him recruiting from the fans in the stands because we did not have enought to put a team on the field that day, I had to call it quits. I thought that was a little ridiculous, but hey I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!!!

Berzactly! You see there, put a band-aid on a flat tire and it just starts leakin' again. Quick, bring the defenders back to the front!

Love ya,
CC

Hola Carl, es su primo Carlos. ¿Cómo hace usted? ¿Por qué usted trata de trastornar todo estas personas buenas que habla abofetea acerca de su liga de fútbol? ¿Acerca de qué es este MFL usted mantiene hablar?

LC

Oh, hey guys, that's my cousin Carlos. You can get a free translation of his posts at freetranslation.com Just cut and paste his post into the dialog box and select "Spanish to English"

Have a crazy evening, your buddy,
CC

Damn, he recruited the women and kids and forced them to play a football game? With no pads? You are right, that guy IS an idiot! Man, I'm sorry I ever met him, is it too late to apply to the IFL???

Now that's some funny stuff! I think I remember when that happened.

CC