supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interstate Football League - 2008 Expansion Announcement

Sunday, February 10, 2008
6:00 PM

The Interstate Football League is pleased to announce the following teams were voted in at today's board meeting and will be joining us for the 2008 season:

Elkhart Shamrock (IN)
Indianapolis Dragons (IN)
Miami Valley Warriors (OH)
Noble County Longhorns (IN)
Southwest Ohio Blazers (OH)
South Central Cutters (IN)

We would ask that our member teams and players join us in welcoming these fine organizations to the IFL as we look forward to an exciting and competitive 2008 season!

With the departure of the St. Joe Thunder and Darke County Warriors, we will compete with a total of 12 teams this season.

Returning teams are as follows:

Classic City Crush (IN)
Indiana Generals (IN)
Kosciusko County Mustangs (IN)
Mercer County Cougars (OH)
South Central Broncos (IN)
West Ohio Wranglers (OH)

Additional information will be available following our March 2nd meeting.

Best regards,

Eric Rozens
erozens@sbcglobal.net
Expansion Team Chairman
Interstate Football League

Re: Interstate Football League - 2008 Expansion Announcement

Sounds like a great league! I can't wait to play! Any idea on if there are going to be divisions, or how the schedule is going to work out?

i think this is great, there are some really good teams i was hoping that were going to be in our league, then there are a couple of teams that i don't know anything about, but are glad you guys are in the league. i wish the best of luck to all you guys next year, and i am glad you are in the league.

Go Mustangs

gross 36

Wow, that's all I can say. That is going to be a helluva season. Congrats to the teams that are now officially IFL members. I think you guys will enjoy the IFL and what it has to offer. Welcome! Good job to the IFL as well....Big steps.

so much for the broncos, cutters and drgaons being the team to beat. warriors are def winning it all! this league def got alot better

First of all the Miami Valley Warriors would like to thank the IFL for accepting us into the league today! We are very excited about the upcoming season, but by no means believe we are the early favorites. The Broncos are the 3 time defending champion and will be until someone shows they can be beat. We expect this league to be very competitive, with quality existing teams and the talented new organizations that were accepted today. 2008 should be very exciting and this league should gain some respect on the regional, if not national level!

Can all of the new teams PLEASE send me your team information- hometown, logo, website, etc ASAP.

Many thanks.

Well Look Out, Here we go congrads to all Teams.
It looks like I have to repay a favor now.
"We all we Got"
Later Frazier 72

Good Luck Shamrock

Congrats to the other five teams who were elected in with us to the IFL. Also looking forward to keeping our rivalry with the S.C. Cutters alive in 2008. Should make for a fun and exciting season.

Dave Clawson
Kicker/Punter #1
Indianapolis Dragons

Congratulations to all the teams accepted into the IFL,it is a great league. I have been lucky enough to be a part of this league for the past 3 seasons I promise you will not be dissapointed. I think the compettion level in this league just went through the roof! Former DCW2 possibly future SCB2 out!

Great to be a part of the IFL again. I'm not for sure what our schedule is going to look like but I have a few teams that I'm already looking forward to playing again. I thnk that we can all agree that the IFL just because a much better league. Good luck to everyone in the IFl and I can't wait to see you guys out on the field. GO SHAMROCK!!!!!!!

Congradulations to all the teams that are in the IFL. This is going to be an exciting year and it is completely up for grabs at this point. There is nothing better than going into a season knowing that its going to take 110% all the time to win a game. Not that it wasnt last year. Good luck to everyone and leave it on the field!!!

This year should be a lot of fun! Thanks to the IFL and all of their teams for voting us in!

Say good by to another Bronco championship.

Talk about timing Maloy is no longer around and what do you know we are finaly voted in. I guess the (Folded) Darke Co. Warriors Could'nt Handle the Compition. But they are dead and we are in. As far as compition the dragons beat the broncos and the shamrock last year. and we beat the broncos. so i guess it will be us and the dragons in the championship

Obviously this is not a Warrior player attempting to instigate issues, as they would no that not only did we not play the Broncos last year, but we did not even play a team from the state of Indiana......but nice try!

It has begun....

Has anyone noticed it's usually the guys that are getting there "rears" handed to em' are the ones talking poo?? Then again, I have seen some winning teams act like they've never won before during their post game celebration. And I guess I do have a tendancy to laugh at guys after I throw em' round...right GOFORTH? haha...just playin

I wish a healthy, and semi-productive (except for us)...semi-pro season for all!

Crush #73

Thad, your woman hasn't put the foot down yet??? I have to say I am mighty impressed with the romekendaltuckian. Good luck to you boys and safe training.

Yeah, obviously not a member of the Warriors... Everyone in the organization is happy to be selected to be a part of such an organized, established, and competitive league.... Great fit for us, win or lose!

Hemi-liscious,

No, the wifey hasn't put the foot down on playing...this guy gets 1-more year. It is actually due to some unfortunate happenings, but we are working through them as we speak. 2k9 will not see me on the field of play...maybe the sidelines somewhere, but not the field.

Sorry to hear that you aren't gonna be able to play this year, it's always fun to go up against guys you know!

Hope all is well, and thanks for the best wishes!

well, that could change. Not sure yet....Should've never opened my mouth! it's a ways down the road...I'll be involved just not sure how much. depends on summer classes

Looks like the war has started.....Hmmmmmmm this ound alt like the CRFL........
Keep your cleats down boys and hold on it looks like a new year is here.....
Frazier 72

Looks like the war has started.....Hmmmmmmm this sounds alot like the CRFL........
Keep your cleats down boys and hold on it looks like a new year is here.....
Frazier 72

Looks like the IFL has made a giant step for 2008. As a fan of your league I applaud the teams that you have added. Elkhart and South Central sound like two great teams, and I know the Miami Valley Warriors will make an instant impact, coming off of a 10-1 season. I will also be keeping a close eye on the Southwest Ohio Blazers. Don't know too much about the Dragons and Longhorns, so someone fill me in..

Good luck this year IFL, I'll be watching!

I remember playing the MVW a few years back the first year we won the title.I think we went into double overtime with them.Pulled out the win cant wait to play them again.

The Dragons are heading into their third year. Year one, 12-2, MFL Champions. Year two, 13-1, MFL Runner-Up. We have beaten the Broncos in one hell of a game, Bengals, and Gladiators/Seminoles(Scrimmage) outside of the MFL.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT ALL THEM TEAMS COMING! THAT IS GREAT. SO WITH ALL THE ADDED TEAMS DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE I.F.L. WILL HAVE A 12 GAME SEASON? SHOUTS OUT TO THE CUTTERS, DRAGONS, AND SHAMROCKS.........NOTHING BUT RESPECT THERE.

Thomas, who are you playing for? I have seen your name on several rosters.

dont forget the dragons beat the cutters twice and a loaded shamrock also. but that was last year

I WISH I HAD IT LIKE THAT FOR MY NAME TO BE ON ROSTER AFTER ROSTER! BUT SERIOUSLY, IF GOD BLESSES ME WITH ANOTHER SEASON, I AM GOING TO TRYOUT, START, AND THEN CONTRIBUTE FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL BRONCOS; IN THAT ORDER!!

ive noticed alot of talk about who won what and it all seems to be n the past. great for rival games i guess. ha well my team has won three games in the last three years, what do u girls think bout that, i think we are gonna pull off the championship this year! lol j/k guys. the wranglers are looking better this year tho, a whole coaching staff with lots of experience and alot of recruits, might be a whole diff wranglers team with the same drive and fight! im looking foward to another great season with all you guys and looking to see what the new teams are bringing to the table. good luck to all you guys and stay healthy!! SULLIVAN #5

I feel bad for you guys with that stacked league.

Dont count out the Wranglers. They have a big heart and some really good players. I think they will be able to turn that team into a very competitive one.

Wow this league just made it's biggest step in years. What a line-up of teams and players this league will sport this year. Having lived in and around the Bloomington area most of my life all I can say is I wish we had a team like the Cutters when I was in my playing days or for that matter a team as close to Bloomington as the Broncos. I attended two games last year the first one was the cutters opening game against the team from Ohio that showed up with 15 or 16 players I didn't attend another until the game against the Indy Dragons and that game was one of if not the most exciting game of football I have ever seen in person.
I have seen several posts on here regarding the two leagues and about the teams not leaving one until in the other my question is whats the big deal. Your season in the MFL doesn't start until July and you have plenty of time to find teams for your league and since the caliber of play and roster sizes are different than that of the I F L you should not have any trouble finding a team to fill the spot of the Cutters and Shamrock and Dragons mind I didn't say take the place of because quite frankly these teams cannot be replaced the MFL has lost three first class teams and the IFL has landed three top notch teams to add to their already super league.

Well stated former player. Please keep the Cutters thing hush-hush though, they're still in the MFL, remember?!

We are happy to be a part of the Interstate football league and looking forward to playing this season hats off to the Dragons and Shamrock for making it in as well everyone have a safe and injury free season.

Well i am glad to see the IFL has expanded. Hope you all have a good season. I will try and stop by and watch some of the games this year.