supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Somebody got lied to!

Just an FYI,
The Cutters were represented by Jim Allen at our meeting when he was asked directly if they were presenting to another league he said, "NO".

More to follow...

Re: Somebody got lied to!

I was waiting on someone to say something. I assumed since he was there, the rumors about them leaving for the IFL were untrue. I even introduced myself, shook his hand, and joked saying "Aren't you supposed to be at the IFL meeting.? HA HA!" Well, joke was on me and everyone else I guess.

The Blazers were also present. Looks like we have a interesting show going on here.

Things are going to get interesting.

So did the Blazers get into the MFL? They are in the IFL right now. So i guess it is up to them to pick what league they want to be in. Best of luck to both leagues.

Any word on the MFL new teams?

shut up, they got into the ifl, why would they stay in the mfl. leave it alone. ba happy wayne, you gotta cakewalk to the championship

I don't even know what to say about this. We had the Cutters, already a member and with a vote on my team's entry in the leauge and the Blazers who tried to get in the MFL last year and basically announced their huge desire to get into the league a couple months ago as stated in this post: http://www.midwestfootballleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=1&showtopic=3918

Both teams are now in the IFL. I guess you have to cover all your bases, but loyalty should mean something too.

No hostility or joke meant by this:

Much the same as the other leagues out there, we are trying to give teams the chance to play competitive football when they might not otherwise have the chance. We must be doing something right, because we too have had many off season requests for acceptance into our league. Again, we didn't approach them, they came to us. We have also had other leagues contact some of our teams outright to ask if there was an interest in exploring other options. If any team decides that this isn't the league for them, we don't want to hold them back, but do hope that if they have a problem we will be made aware of it so that it can be addressed with the hopes of both keeping the issue from getting out of control and correcting it in the best possible manner.
VALID Email: wayne@acpatriots.org

Wolf, It appears that three teams who were affiliated with the MFL decided to go a different route. Now going by your words that I posted above, you should be fine with that. You stated that if this happens you hope to find out the reasons so those reasons may help the league. It would be common sense to then maybe contact those teams and ask them what thier reasons were. I think that is a pretty professional way of doing things. For the blazers, yes i read the post on the MFL message board, It seems that they had the door shut on them last season. This season, they had a couple doors open and have apparently chosen the one that they beleive fits thier interests better. One thing I caught onto while reading the MFL messageboard, was for one team...they had trouble contacting a couple different people, they never heard back from anyone. My guess is that communication may be an issue? I don't know. With the Cutters, I cannot speak for them, I would assume they decided to take a chance on getting into the IFL but did not want to jeopardize thier, at the time, affiliation with the MFL. I think that is understandable given the circumstances of the IFL and MFL. I mean absolutely no disrespect from this post, so please know that. I'm just simply calling it how I see it from both sides. after saying that, I see how this puts the MFL in a rough spot, but I hope that instead of getting upset with the teams that left, and creating a big online battle, that your board will instead take your advice and look at why these teams left and how to fix it. I am not on a board but if I was, this would be my first concern. AND, if I was on that board, then I would have the information to contact those teams and ask what the problems were and then relay this information at a board meeting to get something taken care of. Whoever said it was correct when they said Loyalty is of importance, and it is. But if one side does not believe they are being taken care of and they adios, well now the other side will feel like they were not being taken care of. Your subject title..."Somebody got lied to!" does not seem like someone who is concerned about the most important issues at hand. If you start your work at the bottom, you will surely find the answers for the questions at the top. I hope you guys get it figured out, I really do. Please remember that the PLAYERS are the most important part of the equation. If you keep that in mind, you find success. I'm sure that is your thought with your team and wallaa, you had success. It should be done this way in a league. Good luck to you sir

P.S. I think Supa is the one getting bit hard here, either way...he has more games to predict. And if yo uhavn't notcied, the predictions have gotten lighter and lighter and lighter. Soon they will all consist of one and only one period "." Just some dark humor

I bet the farm on the Patriots having another "cakewalk" season just yet people. Just trust me on this one.

My bad...... I WOULD NOT bet the farm on the Patriots having another "cakewalk" season just yet people. Just trust me on this one.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Just a question why is the guy that Lied and pulled really a puss move getting the free pass.

A free pass?! What are you talking about? Sorry but I find it hard to believe that the "real" Ron Reel would really even give a crap!

I figured these posts would come out since both leagues had their meeting yesterday and it just doesn't make much sense. I'm sure the man from the Cutters knows what he is doing maybe he has a plan that you Mr. Wolf don't know about maybe or maybe he is just trying to do what is best for his team. I find it hard to believe that someone would want to run a guy down that has built such a successful operation in Bloomington and has done nothing but promote semi-pro football in the state of Indiana. The Cutters are a class act and therefore I feel their President should be looked upon with a little more respect than what you afforded him in your post no I've never met the man nor have I ever met you but I have attended Cutter games as well as many other semi-pro teams games and I can say that they got their stuff together in Bloomington Indiana Give the man time to explain all this and why hold a grudge for wanting to improve his team and organization it does take alot of money and energy to run a semi-pro team and it is hard to do when you are playing team that come to a game with 12 players or 15 players which is the norm for the MFL I don't mean that as a slam to the MFL either before someone jumps on that but hey it is true last year there were only four or five teams in the MFL with a roster that was over 24 players.

One other point about the roster sizes in the MFL I said in the previous post there was only four or five teams with rosters over 24 players and they were The Dragons-GONE, The Shamrock-- GONE, The Cutters-- GONE The Wildcats -- STILL IN MFL The Patriots --STILL IN THE MFL
Congrats on your repeat in 2008

Just to clarify, the Cutters will not be leaving the MFL.

Thank you Coach Allen for allowing everyone to see how easily things can get blown out of proportion, if they dont know the facts.

Jeff Shaner
Head Coach
Miami County Vikings

Whoever that is posing as "Cutters" is a phoney!

Those guys are doing cartwheels they're so glad to be out of the MFL mess and to now officially members the IFL. Being that they have upstanding leadership, I'm pretty sure they would use their real name if were to make a post here, nice try though knucklehead!

You might want to get your facts straight before you go runnin at the mouth. There is more to it than you know. Jim will let you know what the deal is when he is ready but it isnt how you think it is.

I'm not that concerned with some of the happenings from yesterday. My post was meant to do exactly what it did. Open the discussions.
If the Shamrock have left the MFL, which has not been confirmed, that is their choice. I have no hard feelings with any team that wants to pursue other options and I even wish them well if that is the case.
My problem is that it is hard enough to maintain respectable leagues and teams in Minor League Football without individuals feeling the need to be either deceitful or less than honest about their intent. If a team wants to leave or weigh their options, they should be up front and honest about it. The MFL will continue without the Rock(if that is the case) and the Blazers if they choose to enter the IFL.
Teams come and go. The Dragons gave their notice immediately at the conclusion of last season, therefore we weren't counting on them as we planned the upcoming season. I absolutely respect the Joshs' for that and wish them luck as they go after the IFL title.
If other teams intend to leave they don't need to lie about it. There is nothing gained from doing so.
The Cutters are staying in the MFL, so they aren't an issue. After hearing what they have planned, I applaud them and wish them luck, you guys are gonna have your hands full, but what a great problem to have.
As far as the Patriots having a cakewalk to the 'Ship, I hardly think so. there are still too many solid teams and too much in doubt within our own organization to make that call this early. Damn, we haven't played a game in the 2008 season and people already want to start controversy. We will wear our target proudly and just keep doin what we do.

tell me why a good organization like the cutters would even consider sticking around only to be served up more empty mfl promises and lies, forfeited games, no refs at games, etc.. if they did tell you they're staying, it's probably because they feel bad watching you cry!

you guys must be smokin' some good stuff. we'll see what happens when your smoke clears there r-tard! YOU keep running YOUR mouth, i'll keep some Kleenex handy for ya : )

The following was was posted today on the Midwest Football League's message board:

"The Midwest Football League conducted our expansion meeting Sunday, Feb. 10th. Current members in attendance were;

Terry Shrum/Mike Rindone WC Wildcats
Brian Raber MC Blitz
Wayne Wolf AC Patriots
Jim Allen SC Cutters
Jeff Shaner/Mike Ritchea MC Vikings
Earl Parsons

Mitchell Frantz Elkhart Shamrock Absent - confirmed his attendance and committment to MFL Friday - Feb 8

The following expansion candidates made presentations to the League Board;

Cecil Hall East Central Wolverines
Jake Neumann Ohio River Bearcats
Dustin Howard SW Ohio Blazers
Karen Coleman/Cory Martin Indiana Cardinals
Sam Quirigo/Kevin Painter Madison County Pirates
Dennis McDowell Johnson County Fuel

The Midwest Football League would like to thank all the teams that contacted us seeking League membership this year. And another thank you to the teams that took the time to present to us. We appreciate all of your efforts.

After discussing the presentations, the MFL Board members present voted unanimously to accept ALL six of the expansion candidates into the MFL for the 2008 season."

Somebody, ANYBODY PLEASE explain, will you?

Its simple...
All the teams in the MFL had a rep there execpt the Shamrock. The other teams invited had reps there presenting there teams for acceptance into the MFL. The MFL team reps voted to let in all 6 teams after the presentations were made. If any of those teams chose not to continue in the MFL that is there choice, but they were all present and showed great interest in the league. By the way, Wayne wont have a cakewalk. There will be many solid teams this year.

Pretty easy one then, here is the 2008 MFL:

WC Wildcats
MC Blitz
AC Patriots
MC Vikings
Earl Parsons (haha!)
East Central Wolverines
Ohio River Bearcats
Indiana Cardinals
Madison County Pirates
Johnson County Fuel

I heard the cutters have multiple teams.

Haha, now that would be something to see, what is it A-Cutters and B-Cutters? Cutters and Cutterz? Give me a f-ing break, you guys are a riot!

This was posted by one of the new MFL teams on the MC Pirates message board:

"Nice meeting you guys today at the league meeting. I'm hoping we both get voted into the league. Interesting that a post on the Supafan site announces that not only the Dragons and Shamrock are now IFL teams but that the Cutters are as well. Funny how Earl talked them up big time at the meeting too. That's life I guess. Good luck to you guys."

Haha, welcome to the ways of "Earl!"

I am a jackass heha heha
The only thing i like to do more then eat s*** is talk s*** heha heha

Ya i post the last post.
Anyone can copy anyone on this forum and that was just done to prove a point. Really should we listen to anyone by the name of some something and something.

It seems like more a personal attack against someone than any real news so mr. football fan or whatever name you decide to use next .... F***OFF and let things play out if you have this much time devoted to destroying one man's name / league, you obviously don't have anything better to do.

That was me who posted that on the Pirates board. I'm confused as to what's going on with the Cutters, but I reacted the same way Wayne did regarding what happened because it seemed a little strange to me. My being upset had nothing to do with any teams leaving the league at all. More power to any team that makes that decision. I've been on the field with both the Shamrock and the Dragons and I respect both teams very much. I hadn't met any of the Cutters until yesterday and I found Jim to be a very pleasant guy and I was happy they seemingly made a choice to stay in the MFL by him being here. That's why when I saw that post about them being admitted to the IFL, I got a little upset. And not because they were leaving but because they had a vote in whether or not my team got into the MFL when they themselves may be leaving the league. I think any reasonable person would have had an issue with that and questioned exactly what was going on. If I owe Jim an apology for any speculation, I'll talk to him. And I would think he would understand the confusion.

Hey football fan, unless you are on the Cutters board, shut your mouth. You know nothing about the Cutters.

Football Fan,
Please in the future refrain from using our team name in any negative posts. We are not responsible for posts from other people, but I will say that I understand why Bill got upset. Pirates do not reply to any negative posts, let your board members handle this. We are happy to be in the MFL and look forward to a great season of football.

I don't think this situation would fall into the category of a lie but rather a President of a Board protecting his avenues until he had an answer as to the direction that his organization was taking. Everyone answers to somebody and in this case I believe that this man would answer to his board of directors. To bad they couldn't have had their board meeting on Sunday as well so that they could give you Mr. Wolf a quick answer but we know that just wasn't the case. I'm sure lots of money and time has been invested by the cutter board and coaches and they wanted to have everything in place and I don't doubt for a second that Mr. Allen was intending on fielding two teams, even though I myself do not think that would have worked nor been possible. Give people credit though it is people like this that make semi-pro football available to many players who otherwise would not have the chance to play at this level, and gives us former players and fans of this great game the chance to see quality players in action at a high level of competition.

Very well put!!

Bah Bah...
Like lambs to the slaughter.
If someone says it, even annonymously, it has to be true. Especially if it makes the MFL look bad.
I only post on here because it's fun to read some of the idiocy that takes place.
You can all address me by name, you know who I am.
The ones cryig loudest about Earl and integrity are also the ones who hide behind screen names. Is that because you really don't know the subject matter of which you are screaming from the top of your soapbox (or in this case keyboard)
Again, I will ask how many of you that post regularly were there when the split took place? I was.
The IFL wasn't even one of the leagues that came from that split. The MFL was.
It is not an IFL MFL issue.
I have read the posts from IFL players where they "bitch" about the ref's. I think the Bronco's had to forfeit a game because the ref's were late. It happens in every league. The Lima Warriors got one or two wins last season because of forfeit.
If the Broncos or the COugars or any other IFL team pulled out tomorrow because they found another league, would they be "stand up" guys and a "class organization"?
What if another of the IFL teams fold during the season? Hell, the Warriors just closed up shop last week. All I read is how great Maloy is, who cares about the players that are now contacting the rest of us because they feel like they got screwed and don't have a place to play.

Your turn Mr. Annonymous

Man, people are going nuts around here. They still sell mini thins??
I don't like earl and his shananigans (that was for you ramsey) I played in the MFL, Got to see all the cool stuff behind doors and never seen anything good that came from earls works. That's just my opinion tho. Maloy is pretty cool dude as are the warriors players. I'm sure the cougars would give them a hand, the wranglers are a bunch of kick ass dudes, they would gladly help the warriors out. And as of yet no team has left the IFL so thats a shananigan and a half and as my GF would say "Point Blank!". To many shananigans and not enough toilet paper, whatever that means. This message has been approved by Chevy chase. PS. My aunts brothers sisters cousins daughters boyfriends step sister is on American Idol tonight...SO WATCH IT Peace and toe grease. Also, I would like to congradulate D Richardson forever Stang 27 on his soon to be new addition. But that will get its own special post.

Ya know, this is why I posted what I did the other night. You play your games, we'll play ours. For as much as you guys hate the MFL, you sure do think about it a lot. I know about our ref problems first hand. When I played for the Sting, they didn't even show up for our game after the Shamrock had traveled all the way to play us. Luckily, Wayne and some of his players were there to watch and reffed the game for us. We're well aware of those issues and it's an area that we would all like to improve. However, that kind of thing can go on anywhere not just in the MFL. What really bothers me about these posts is that you are talking about how badly managed our league is, blah, blah, blah and you turn around and defend and justify what I considered a very underhanded move by one of our member teams. It was a "fox guarding the henhouse" scenario in my opinion. I wonder if people realize when they post that they're representing their team and their league. Then again, like Wayne said, if you're anonymous you don't have to worry about it.

God: Why did you lie about staying with the MFL?

Dead Guy: Oh, I wasn't lying, I am President of a Board protecting my avenues until I had an answer as to the direction that my organization was taking.

God: Go to hell liar.

haha

lol