supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It is a Matter of Principle

It isn't that the teams cannot be replaced. It isn't that the teams chose the IFL. And it definitely isn't an issue of the teams being too big or good for the MFL. This is not an MFL vs. IFL issue no matter how bad you want it to be.
This is simply an issue of integrity, character and principles. If you look a man in the eye, shake his hand, and give him your word it should amount to something.
For a group of people that depend on one another as teammates, as brothers, for a successful season I would think you would understand this more than most. You may not like the MFL but there is no question that the manner in which this has been handle is poor at best. But rather than address the exact principles you live and die by on the field instead you guys bash the MFL and all the while congratulating and wishing these teams well.
Before your reply to this post, take a few minutes and think about it. What defines a man more than his word?
Michael Simpson

Re: It is a Matter of Principle

What ablout all the bullshit the cutter delt with from the MFL this season. The chargers taking a few weeks off then coming back. The refs coming when ever they want. Teams showing up with 17 guys to play with. No team would want to stay apart of that. The list is never ending. Every time you post about a problem nothing is ever done about it, but you are a bad person for bringing it up. Lets keep real.
The MFL had it's best season last year. three out of the top four teams left. Do you really think they left becuase they want to stick it to the MFL no! They left becuase the MFL will never fix the problems they have.
People post all the time dont bitch about the probmlem help fix it. Well Earl would listen and then say no lets not do anything about that. Earl will play poeple acting like he is down for you and your team then stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. I bet steve williams gets a nice fat check agian this year.
How many games did steve williams work drunk and high? Every game he did and thats a fact!
Most of the refs that work MFL games are not real refs. They seem to be Steve Williams drink and smoke buddies.
Will there be a rule book this year for the MFL hell no why becuase the refs like to make the rules up as they go.
The MFL is not made up of bad teams and people it is ran by a guys that knows nothing about football or a bussiness.
The MFL let in all the team that applied just so they could try to have as many as the IFL.
You say this is not a MFL V/S IFL thing your right it is a Earl v/s the world thing. Earl's own players would contact other teams about playing for them. What i find funny is how earl will run his mouth behind closed doors but never out in the open. To all the MFL teams good luck, to Earl what goes around comes around & around & around & around.

Michael,
Interesting to see you post. You have been absent for quite sometime. You make very good points in your post. I cannot say that I was with the shamrocks, cutters or dragons during thier personal discussions on whether to leave the MFL or not. From what I understand and what the MFL understands, as they have stated it, the dragons gave full notice they would not be returning. As for the Shamrock, no arguments have been made with them so i'm assuming the MFL had an idea. The cutters just explained thier reason for still showing interest in the MFL. Unfortunatly, this will always be an IFL / MFL thing. There are individuals who do show thier dislike for the IFL. Although more show their dislike for the MFL. I have stated this before, I believe that a lot of the hostility stems from back in the day. Think about this, why would a new player or two year player in the IFL have anything bad to say about the MFL. My reasoning for this being "Old" wounds. It is unfortunate that it is this way. You should know better than anybody that Earl is the factor in the "Hostility". Nobody but himself can correct his mistakes. I believe until that happens, this will continue or until people fade away. I do not really see either happening. You are correct in that a mans word is higher than most anything. If a coach tells his team that he will make the best descicions for them, but didn't take the best one...well my friend, that is exactly the other side of what you are saying, but on a more personal note. Hopefully you can figure that one out.

brilliant mikey way to stir the crap again!

Michael,

Let's look at it from the teams' point of view... They were going to the IFL meeting to make a presentation. There were no guarantees that they would be accepted into the league. Why would they tell the MFL, "Hey guys, we aren't coming to the meeting because we MIGHT get into another league." That's just stupid. And don't think for one minute that if they would have told Earl they were applying for the IFL, that he wouldn't have given them some sort of ultimatum. If I'm running a team, I do the same thing. I want to be in the best league I can be in, but I want to assure that I am in A league.

I know those who were involved with the MFL from the beginning, when it sprouted out of the FFL. Most of the teams that were initially in the league came from the FFL, and did the same thing with the FFL. Went to a meeting, then turned around and tried to start another league, because Earl wasn't happy with how the FFL was being run.

Sound familiar??

These teams did what was best for their teams. The MFL will survive, don't worry.

PS - If you look really close at the MFL logo, you'll see the name of the "commissioner", and it aint Earl. Maybe that's the real man behind the curtain.

now can you give us a little background on yourself how many teams have you built or maybe how many folded teams have you been involved in you need to stand up and move from Earls right side and stop pretending you are something of an expert on semi-pro ball.

Man Behind the Curtain

Wow, "from the beginning" you are so close, but not there quite yet.

thats what seperates people on this site. there are a ton of derogatory comments like that comming from ifl people. thats a government education for ya.

But really, the sky is NOT blue, it just looks that way.

"THE TRUTH" and "YOUR TRUTH" are probably two very different things.
As far as the D.A. comment, OK I can live with that it's not a big secret.
You are who exactly????

I just want to make sure you guys discuss facts. I qualify my statements by posting my name though most folks know that I typically post as "HBC".

The FFL ceased to exist when Commissioner Kevin Johnson stepped down in November following the 2001 season. Under this cloud of uncertainty, the CRFL was created. Before any games took place, events transpired that led to the creation of the MFL. Both of these leagues played their inaugural seasons in 2002.

Although I do not know the particulars, the IFL was then born a year or two later (I believe playing their inaugural season in 2003) - formed of several teams previously affiliated with the MFL. During pre-season activities of 2004, the then Randolph County Rage and the Mercer County Cougars left the CRFL to join the 1 year old IFL. This left the South Bend Stampede, Miami Valley Warriors (previously Panthers I think) and Madison County Pirates (previously Chiefs). With low prospects at putting together a successful season with only 3 teams, the CRFL folded. The Stampede, I believe, ended up in a Northern Ohio League while I believe the M. V. Warriors went to the OVFL. The Pirates subsequently did not field a team in 2004.

Regards,
HBC

I will attempt to reply to some of the comments on this post. In my reply I will once again try to show who ever reads this that Earl does not make all the decisions with in the league. I cannot make you open your eyes and see the “truth” or “facts” that someone posted about. All I can do is offer the information and hope that you have an open enough mind to consider the possibility.

Out of the MFL
What ablout all the bullshit the cutter delt with from the MFL this season.
First of all let me say that I am not picking on the Cutters in particular, you brought them up. All teams with in the MFL have the same rights, privileges, and expectations with in the League.
If you are talking about league related issues, all teams with in the League dealt with the same issues, not just the Cutters. Did the MFL have problems yes. The MFL never claimed to be perfect. However ANY MFL Board Member has the ability to offer up solutions to problems to the MFL Board. The Cutters had and MFL Board Member. The MFL has an Officials Board in which Steve Williams the MFL Director of Officials can be contacted and issues should be and can be addressed. It should also be noted that on the MFL Officials Board there was only one message posted to Steve Williams from a team concerning officiating. The Dragons were the team that posted the message.
At what point and time does the finger stop pointing at the “MFL” or Earl and start pointing back to the responsibility of the teams?
Why aren’t teams criticized for not following protocol? Why aren’t teams criticized for not bettering the League by offering up reasonable solutions to problems as part of the “MFL Board”? Why are teams not criticized for not participating in League discussions?
Everyone wants to criticize the MFL and how the MFL is ran. It is the critics that are found here on this site that make Earl the one in charge of the MFL. In fact the MFL is run by a League board. You all point fingers at Earl and put it all on his shoulder when in reality you should be questioning each and every team owner with in the League.
This is a post to the MFL Board Message Board by Jim Allen of the SC Cutters.
CUTTERS

Seems like this is really a touchy subject being the new team on the block I don't have anything to go by from last year but I can say that Steve Williams and his crew worked our game Saturday night against the Vikings and they did a great job and yes I would say that if we had lost I like to give credit where it is due and other than arriving right at kick off time there wasn't anything to gripe about. The rules of this league state that Steve is in Charge of officials for the games he is the supervisor it is on him to arrange the crews and make sure each game is covered as head coach it is my responsibility to report anything to him that I feel was not right with our crew. If we aren't happy with the way things are set up then make a note to bring it up at the yearly board meetings and make changes then with every team having a vote on the matter now is not the time to start reinventing the wheel so to speak. Yes we had some penalties called which I didn't agree with and had a couple touchdowns called back, but I also can say I've never played any game football, basketball, or baseball where I agreed with all the calls made.
Earl is the President of the league and I'm sure he should and will handle this in a timely manner and we can all move on if we as owners or coaches have certified officials who want to work our games then we should forward their name and contact info to Mr Williams and allow him to schedule them to work games in this league. The league owes it to each team to provide a level playing field to everyone and should there be a problem it is also up to the leaders of this league to step up and handle things. This is a great league and there are some really good people and teams involved in it. We are proud that we are in the league and we hope to be around for many years. We will have some bumps in the road since this is our first year but we will work them and move game officials shouldn't be one of those bumps. We all should trust the league and the choices they make thats why we have a board and have people in key positions to handle these things.

This shows that the Cutters know the protocol, understand the protocol, and support the protocol.

The chargers taking a few weeks off then coming back.
This is a post from the MFL Board Message Board that shows the Cutters supported the “Leagues” decision to allow the Chargers to do what they did in 07.
Chargers VS Cutters Views: 32

CUTTERS

Earl I read your post regarding the Chargers and I hope you get everything worked out. I would like to ask about the status for our game with you on Saturday August 4th. We have contracted with a bus to bring us to Muncie for the game and we need to let them know if the game is not going to happen. You can contact me either by cell 812-340-???? or email jallen47408@bluemarble.net or post me something here on the board. Thanks and good luck in trying to resolve your situation.
Jim

________________________________________Coach Allen

The refs coming when ever they want.
The MFL has every intention on resolving the issue of officials showing up late. If you read the above post Jim Allen clearly states that Steve (not Earl) is in charge of the officials at the games and Jim Allen also clearly states that it is his (Jim’s) responsibility to report officiating problems to Steve (not Earl). Again, I am not picking on the Cutters or Jim Allen, this protocol is the same for each and every team with in the MFL. And again I will point out that the only team that voice and officiating concern on the MFL Officials Board was the Indy Dragons.

Teams showing up with 17 guys to play with.
If you have been around amateur football for anything of time at all you know this is going to happen. Teams almost always have more players at home then they do when they travel. It would be great if all teams could field 35-40 man at every game but the reality is it isn’t going to happen.

Do you really think they left becuase they want to stick it to the MFL no! They left becuase the MFL will never fix the problems they have.
No I don’t believe they were trying to stick to the MFL. I do believe that each team with in the MFL has a choice though, they can either 1.)complain and leave or they can 2.)complain and then stay to help find solutions to the problems. Unfortunately, the MFL has a history of finding vocal teams that complain that aren’t willing to stick around and help fix the problems. But even with that said, the MFL continues to grow and get better each year. To take that a step further and to imply other leagues don’t have similar problems is non-sense.

People post all the time dont bitch about the probmlem help fix it. Well Earl would listen and then say no lets not do anything about that.
Please don’t throw out empty claims. Words with out explanations to support them serve no real purpose for anyone that wants to know the truth about what goes on with the MFL. Please provide supported factual examples of what you are talking about.

Earl will play poeple acting like he is down for you and your team then stab you in the back as soon as you turn around.
You obviously do not know Earl or do not know him well. HBC got into some history on his post and we could go into a great deal of history on how different teams got situated and got their start with in both the MFL and IFL. Again, I ask that you please provide supported factual proof of such claims.

I bet Steve Williams gets a nice fat check agian this year.
Steve Williams will be paid as the MFL Director of Officials. Let it also be known that even with the officiating issues of 2007 no MFL Board Member offered a solution, no MFL Board Member offered to research other possibilities, and no MFL Board Member objected to Steve Williams returning as the MFL Director of Officials for 2008.

How many games did Steve Williams work drunk and high? Every game he did and thats a fact!
That is a FACT! Again, where is your proof to back up this claim? Do you have pictures, a video, or even a tape recording? I will also say if any team allowed officials to officiate a game with proof that said official was high or drunk then said team was idiotic in playing said game. The legalities in that situation would be too great to merit playing a football game.

Will there be a rule book this year for the MFL hell no why becuase the refs like to make the rules up as they go.
I am curious as to what leagues actually offer a free rule book to each team in their league. Regardless it was discussed in the last league meeting that the MFL would produce a rule book and yes by MFL I mean Earl in this case. Why? Because no one else stepped up and said hey I will go to the ISHAA website or I will go to the NFHS website and download these for our league. Then I will take them to the printer and pay out of my own pocket what ever it cost to have 10 or 12 of these books printed up. This is the first year an actual rule book has been requested. I said this before and I will say it again, if a rule book was that important it could have easily been downloaded from the web, gotten from Steve Williams, or gotten from your local AD.

How it is
From what I understand and what the MFL understands, as they have stated it, the dragons gave full notice they would not be returning. As for the Shamrock, no arguments have been made with them so i'm assuming the MFL had an idea. The cutters just explained thier reason for still showing interest in the MFL.
The Dragons name has not been brought up by anyone in the MFL.
It was my belief that the Shamrock and Cutters would leave. The point of this post was not that the teams left. The point was that certain teams where directly asked if they were committed to the MFL. They were directly asked if they were pursuing other leagues.
The Cutters for example said they were committed to the MFL. They were then allowed to sit in on an MFL meeting, vote on current issues, and then vote on expansion. So they were allowed to vote on matters with in a League that they are no longer a part of.
The Shamrock did not attend the meeting so they did not get to vote. However, they did get to find out what was going to take place during the meeting, they continued to check the MFL Board Message board, and they did lie about their intentions.
What was done was wrong regardless of the reason. It affected the meeting, the voting, the proposed schedule, etc.

You should know better than anybody that Earl is the factor in the "Hostility".
Earl only factors into the hostility because you guys make it about Earl. When are the team owners going to be held responsible for their actions or lack there of? For years there has been people scheming in the background, stabbing people in the back, and finger pointing. You guys blame Earl and make everything Earls fault all the while complimenting and patting on the back the most vocal and least dedicated “former” MFL Board members.

From the beginning
I have no problems with the teams looking at both leagues. I have a problem with being asked if you are committed to the MFL for at least one year and you telling the MFL Board yes then going to another league. I have a problem with asking if you are pursing another league and you telling the MFL Board no and then finding out through a website you were. I guess I am still old school and believe a man’s word is worth something. I guess I believe if these teams thought they were an asset to the league, if these teams thought they were helping/bettering the league in some way as part of the league in 07 then they should have had the confidence to say yes we are pursing other avenues with the thought they were important enough to the league they wouldn’t be released from the league if their other choice fell through.

I have been here from the beginning too. I know more of the behind the scenes situations then I care to comment on. There is more to the FFL break up than you lead on but again Earl’s name is the only one that is brought up.

I know whose name is on the MFL logo. Rick Foxworthy has nothing to do with the MFL. For a little history lesson: Earl Parsons, Rick Foxworthy, and Owen Sommers were going to work together to start a league. Rick Foxworthy was going to be the commissioner but later decided he didn’t want to have that responsibility. That left it between Owen and Earl. Owen ended up folding his team really before a new commissioner could be named so it fell into the lap of Earl Parsons. Earl never wanted to become the commissioner of the MFL. However, there was the beginning of a league with a few teams expecting it to happen so Earl stepped up to the plate. As a result the MFL was born. To the best of my knowledge no one has since offered to become the commissioner of the MFL.

Bozo
I never claimed to be anyone important, nor have a claimed to be an expert. However, if you do not know me then you have not been in a MFL Board Meeting. There is one very unfortunate thing about this website and that is people that shouldn’t have a voice have a voice. You do not know me, you have not been in an MFL Board Meeting, and in all likelihood you probably don’t know Earl either. But you will be on here voicing your opinion with no factual information and people will believe your side of the story just because you are anti-MFL or anti-Earl.
Brian, Jeff, Wayne, Terry, I apologize if any of this offended you. I was just trying to be as factual as possible.

I do hope that people who have problems will give you factual information. However, I do not see this happening and the reason being that you are not Earl Parsons. For any concerns to get diagnosed this is what would need to take place. Everyone who knows Earl, does know that communication with him is minimal. It is good thought that you make this post. However, the Majority want to see it made by Earl. Your response could be, what does it matter? I'm sure to many it matters a lot, If you can make a post on these issues, why can't the main man? No offense Michael, but what authority do you have in the MFL at present? Wayne may have authority, but is not of Earls. I hope you understand where I am going with this. Many individuals tend to speak FOR earl or on his behalf. I'm sure that you know with all the heat you have taken over the years was purely because of that fact. Simply put, you spoke for Earl. You have always had good vision and have meant well, but certain times call for certain individuals. I would hope that none of you feel that Earl should not have to communicate to anyone here. On the MFL wbesites it goes into to small detail about the job as League president. I think everyone is of age to understand what that responsibilty consists of. In simple form, There are people who are disgruntled about previous issues they had in the MFL. The MFL / IFL split is proof of that. The teams that formed the IFL were never asked what thier issues were BY THE MAN who should have asked them. These issues have not been resolved since because there has been no communication between the needed individuals. Instead, Other individuals such as yourself michael and wolf are caught taking the brunt of discussions that in all seriousness, do not involve you. Now I will grant you that in this most recent split of teams this does involve wayne. But in theory, this situation is very similar to the past. Still today, no word from Earl. I am not trying to spark drama...i'm simply giving you my thoughts on this matter. I am pullling for the teams in MFL. Just understand that the root of all of this is communication. If a team is in the wrong, the they should bare responsibiites, but how can you be upset with a team trying to protect thier future. It is the League who should figure out what the problems are and give the teams the best chance to succeed under thier leadership. More than one team left the MFL, this means there is something there that they did not like. You guys are putting the League before the teams and this is evident in your posts. Look at it from your TEAMS perspective and not just your own. On most teams the players out number the owners and the players are most important. These teams did what they felt is best for thier players. The MFL had a good season with great teams and had alot of coverage for that. All the sudden some of the top teams left and now what what the MFL was to build upon is gone. There have to be reasons for this. Those reasons are consistent with the past. There are and will always be two different personalities at the level. The League, and the team. It is up to individuals to find a median where these two can bond. I think that is pretty understandable, everything below that is what you make of it. It's over, The players need you to strenghthen your league and your energy should be spent on this rather than fighting with people throwing thier two cents in, including myself. But I am not bashing you, but yet hoping to bring this to your attention. If something is over Earl, Let him handle it, take care of YOUR team and YOUR players. As for the past...."It was John's vision and passion for a better league that inspired the creation of the Interstate Football League in 2004." that is where a lot of your answers are. I would hope you would not argue that. good luck

Ok if we are going to get into things said a year ago that's fine with me and I'll reply to you. Lets take your first quote
"""Seems like this is really a touchy subject being the new team on the block I don't have anything to go by from last year but I can say that Steve Williams and his crew worked our game Saturday night against the Vikings and they did a great job and yes I would say that if we had lost I like to give credit where it is due and other than arriving right at kick off time there wasn't anything to gripe about. The rules of this league state that Steve is in Charge of officials for the games he is the supervisor it is on him to arrange the crews and make sure each game is covered as head coach it is my responsibility to report anything to him that I feel was not right with our crew. If we aren't happy with the way things are set up then make a note to bring it up at the yearly board meetings and make changes then with every team having a vote on the matter now is not the time to start reinventing the wheel so to speak. Yes we had some penalties called which I didn't agree with and had a couple touchdowns called back, but I also can say I've never played any game football, basketball, or baseball where I agreed with all the calls made.
Earl is the President of the league and I'm sure he should and will handle this in a timely manner and we can all move on if we as owners or coaches have certified officials who want to work our games then we should forward their name and contact info to Mr Williams and allow him to schedule them to work games in this league. The league owes it to each team to provide a level playing field to everyone and should there be a problem it is also up to the leaders of this league to step up and handle things. This is a great league and there are some really good people and teams involved in it. We are proud that we are in the league and we hope to be around for many years. We will have some bumps in the road since this is our first year but we will work them and move game officials shouldn't be one of those bumps. We all should trust the league and the choices they make thats why we have a board and have people in key positions to handle these things.
This shows that the Cutters know the protocol, understand the protocol, and support the protocol.""

This was posted after our very first game in the league and yes it shows I understand the protocol for complaints it also mentions that the crew showed up for the game AT KICK OFF time which means they pulled into the parking lot of the school at 7 pm and the kick off didn't occur until 7:20 pm that day The first game of the season and they couldn't make a 7pm kick off happen. It also shows I had concerns even with their arrival time even at the first game of the season.

"""Your second quote
The chargers taking a few weeks off then coming back.
This is a post from the MFL Board Message Board that shows the Cutters supported the “Leagues” decision to allow the Chargers to do what they did in 07.
Chargers VS Cutters Views: 32
CUTTERS
Earl I read your post regarding the Chargers and I hope you get everything worked out. I would like to ask about the status for our game with you on Saturday August 4th. We have contracted with a bus to bring us to Muncie for the game and we need to let them know if the game is not going to happen. You can contact me either by cell 812-340-???? or email jallen47408@bluemarble.net or post me something here on the board. Thanks and good luck in trying to resolve your situation.
Jim________________________________________Coach Allen""

I did post this only because after trying to get an answer several times from Earl if the game was going to be played or not I wanted to let him know that we had to have an answer regarding this as we had made travel arrangements at no place does it say I support someone not having their team together and ready to after the season is in its fourth week. What league would allow someone to have a team that plays when it is ready other than your league in any other league that I do not believe would be allowed either you are ready and have a team or you are not and wait until next year why keep other committed teams guessing. This was not a league decision to allow the Chargers a half of season to get their act together it was an Earl decision his post was what he is going to do is forfiet the first four games and then have the team reorganized for the second half of the season, and it left the rest of the teams in the league wondering if and when the would be ready to play.

Your third quote
""""The Cutters for example said they were committed to the MFL. They were then allowed to sit in on an MFL meeting, vote on current issues, and then vote on expansion. So they were allowed to vote on matters with in a League that they are no longer a part of.
The Shamrock did not attend the meeting so they did not get to vote. However, they did get to find out what was going to take place during the meeting, they continued to check the MFL Board Message board, and they did lie about their intentions.
What was done was wrong regardless of the reason. It affected the meeting, the voting, the proposed schedule, etc.""""

At the point in time that votes were taken the Cutters were in fact still a member of the league,we did not leave the league until Monday night at 9pm, there was not any vote taken that was not unnamious therefore nothing would have come out different. When asked about my intentions I answered correctly we were still in the league at that point in time and there was no certainty that we would be in another league. I did drive 110 miles to attend the meeting I'm sure with gas prices the way they had I known we would not be in the league I would not have made that 2 plus hour drive. There was nothing done in regard to schedules at the meeting that was agreed to be done at the next meeting on April the 6th. You have not made one valid point yet in your post other than try to run down the Cutters.
I'm sure the reality has hit,,, the Midwest Football League lost not one but three quality teams this year, let it go, move on, your post only show how self serving the admin can be in your league,, you have broken your very own league rules and protocol by copying an pasteing messages from the PRIVATE league message board to try and turn someones word against them,,, should serve as a red flag to the rest of your current members watch what you say and think twice before speaking freely on a board that is supposed to be private and used to get questions answered,, and problems resolved and generate open talk and let feelings be known.
The Cutters have moved on and I think it is time you do the same,,, however if you want to keep this going I myself have copies of EVERY post made on the private board last year,, as well as the private officials board and I think it would make for some very interesting reading on here and other sites and it would be something that I would think you would not want to get going. Yes I am a buisness person and out of habit I save everything.
In fact maybe the best thing that could happen would be SUPA JUST REMOVE THIS WHOLE THREAD it has gotten off subject and out of hand and is serving no purpose what so ever

to all of the team and organizations I'm truely sorry for having to post that last rather long post but I will have my words taken out of context and then someone rty and use them against me especially when it is someone who does not even field a team and is supposed to be administration for a private message board who is supposed to have the trust of the teams to operate that board. This thing has just plain and simple gotten way out of hand and just needs to be put to rest on here. Talk about football for goodness sake and what you are looking forward to enough of team bashing all because they wanted to move to a more organized league and better not only themselves but also to provide a better schedule for their fans we had time last year with three weeks between games and even then weren't sure if a game would take place or not. I do not enjoy having to post things like this one here and I truely hope IT IS OVER either by people stopping the posts or supa removing the thread.

wow, thats classy, lets try to blackmail the mfl with my own posts.. they violated the cut and paste rule even though im not in the league. you inconvienced the reamaining teams in the league with that crap. you never had any intention of being in the league which is fine but dont lie... now go sue the school for not letting you use the field just like you said your going to do. waste school tax dollars for your own selfish needs. that will help out the community.

Like I said, it is a matter of principle

I appologize in advance if this makes me sound like a "loud-mouth owner" that "wants things my way".

From the onset of our acceptance I was all in favor of the MFL and supported it. About mid-way through the year the problems with the league became apparent. I brought to Earl's attention these concern's and he'd think about them.

In that offseason Earl came to a team meeting and we discussed these issues. We also discussed the roster issue and he said he would support the increase to 45 but not to 50. Fair enough.

In the next league meeting, he then said that he could not support a 45 man roster, not even two weeks after he said to our face he would do so. This subsequently led to a NO vote. Fine, but be honest from the start.

It was stated by him to us that we could vote on an issue and if he didn't like it, he would do what he wanted.

We tabled the issue of the refs, He said there was nothing we could do about it and had to live with it.

Well as you can see the issues were never going to get fixed and we were tired of coming up with ideas to make the league better and them getting shelved.

We wanted to be in a league that would listen to its members and respect them and give everything its fair shot.

Call us selfish or whatever you want, but until the MFL gets new leadership and sets true by laws and voting rights, the league will not prosper.

So to those of you who have posted that teams need to stick it out, the hell with that. There is no point in sticking it out when the track record is what it is and no effort to change will be made.

We will focus our ideas and energy into making our new home better.

let it go already. you got your way with a certain team not getting in, so let it go.

Does it really matter. As long as your happy where you are is all the matters. The teams in the IFL are happen and the teams in the MFL are happy now. let it stop there.

Josh G,
Your post does no good. What was writen by you has been writen by many others. Now all you did was bring the focus back on the Dragons. The MFL has moved on long ago from the you guys & you should do the same. stop posting about things that dont matter any more to you!

If I am not mistaken, members of the MFL have asked for credibility, I believe that Josh answered a lot of questions for why they left. to the MFL, these teams are giving you the information you wanted to make your league better. Why be disgruntled with the answers? Take it and use it. It is a shame that people have to see the behind the door actions of the MFL on this site, but leaders could have easily picked up the phone or sent an e-mail so it is what it is I guess. I've tried to be sincere to both sides, but one side is really starting to pull away at this point. Michael for sure doesn't help your cause, and Earl....I think this could be his final stand. There isn't too many places to hide.

"How it is" understands the purpose of my post. It is not to beat the dead horse but to show that efforts have been made. We may be the only ones to talk about it, but certainly not the only ones that feel this way. It is in response to the allegations that no-one has tried to make the league better and to emphasize that when someone did try, it fell on deaf ears.

I did bring focus to the Dragons because the Dragons did make an effort.

Now that the leagues are set and changes have been made I hope that all from both leagues can just move forward as most of us have.

I hope we all have productive seasons.

Bottom line is who really cares.....We can sit and type until our little fingers fall off. Earl has been the way he is for many years and anyone expecting any change has lost their mind. Remember folks....the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.