supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MFL (Maybe Find Leadership?)

Just a few legitimate questions, why doesn't the MFL vote to "elect" it's president or let their board members decide who is going to be the "man in charge?" Having previously been in the MFL, it seems to me that much of the problem was attributable to the lack of accountability and poor communication. What I'm saying is that given the history and all the complaining everyone does every year about Earl, maybe he's not the best guy for the job. Does he just insist on running things or is there no one else coming forward with the ambition to be a leader and turn things around? Wayne Wolf seems to be a pretty standup guy, there has to be others that could do a better job. I'm sure Earl is an okay guy but maybe this just isn't his forte'.

Does Earl Parsons claim to be president of the MFL or is that just an assumption everybody makes? I'm asking these questions sincerely and would really be interested in knowing, no disrespect or ill feelings intended.

If someone other than scorpion (someone unbiased and not completely "earlized") could answer this, it would be appreciated!

Thanks, Vincent

Re: MFL (Maybe Find Leadership?)

Vince, I try to view both sides and make an appropriot analyzation. I have to tell you that I support the players of the MFL and thier teams. I do not support Earl. I have interacted with him in the past so I do know his ways. I could not find anywhere on the MFL site where it lists "Board members". I do not think you find many individuals who respect that man. You will find some that for whatever reason in this world will defend him till the end without him even saying one word. You are correct that the MFL would be better served to have someone else heading the table. I think at this point, the MFL is his and the name goes where he does. I remember one instance when officials never contacted the team that was supposed to host the game. That coach tried for one week to contact those officials and nothing had happend. The Coach called Earl to inform him and and finally heard back at 11:00 P.M. the night before the game. his exact words were "I don't know what to tell ya, Go get your own officials or don't play". The coach hired officials from the area of the team they were playing and paid them double the regular fee. Unfortuneatly for the MFL, this is what they have. But again, for some reason...Earl is never to be found and he has some group of body guards. I hope, sincerely the MFL makes it on the account of the many players in that league. Once again, The Player are most important!

look earl is a good guy and everyone can complain but in my oppinion earl and I have had our differences but right know he is working with me to help get my team which wa left for dead by a league that wont be named. but anyways earl is bending over backwards to help me and my team.

As I said, no hard feelings, just asking a few legitamate questions. Good luct to the Riot (formerly Darke County Warriors).

Vince

When did you inform the IFL that you in fact would field a team for 2008? I bet there is more to this, I really know they did not turn thier back on you boys. And of course Earl is going to bend over, backwards, because he needs teams and plus this move will get him some extra needed PR for his nomes. I hope you boys do well with your team and are able to return to the IFL soon. There are a lot of teams going to miss playing you, and looking forward to playing you.

dont get me wrong It wasnt the IFL Fault and you be mad at maloy he is following his dream. it just everything happened at the last minute and The MFL is looking into giving us a home this season.

Well I don't think they have any other choice in the matter.

that sound like earl.. let a team in as a last resort and then bitch cause they leave when the ifl accepts them the following season.