supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lima vs Jets

Is there going to be a rematch of the Lima Warriors and the Jets this year??? I missed it last year and would like to see one this year.

Re: Lima vs Jets

only in florida... lima got some "preferred" calls from last years officiating crew plus their 3500-4000 fans got lost or decided not to show.

short

People love to hate on those on top of the mountain. The only way the Jets will see us is if they go undefeated, or step into our place for a scrimmage in the spring. I don't see either happening. They may win their league, they should at least, I've seen their competition. The Jets can say what they want but they brought a whopping 20 people to the game and filled their roster with outside players. They can't compete with their real roster.

I take it the game didnt go as planned for the Jets because of ref problems???? I would like to see a rematch also.

Warrior players please do not respond to anything about last years game.Its over and done with.Worry about this year.If it happens it happens.Thank you.

one guy added gave the warriors all they could handle? part of the stipulation of playing the game in ohio was that lima could bring a high number of fans (not fullfilled) and on a neutral field (true enough but a partial officaiating crew ruined that). from the outside looking in lima didnt fullfill their end of the bargain with the mlfn and robbed a trip to florida for both teams.

short

Sunshine Bowl Minor League Games
January 2008
2nd Annual Hurricane Bowl
New Jersey Terminators (NAFL) NO SHOW 0 vs New Jersey Warriors (GSFL) 21

4th Annual North vs South Bowl
Hardin Co. Wolverines (MCFL) 31 vs Dakota Lawdawgs (NAFL) 6

6th Annual Sunshine Bowl All Star Game
MLFN 55 vs SEFL 12

1st Annual Florida Bowl
Chicago Thunder (MSFL) 14 vs Florida Kings (SEFL) 8

5th Annual Minor League Football News "AAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP"
Miami Bull (SSFL) 14 vs Central Florida Thorobreads 6

4th Annual Minor League Football News "CLASS AA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP"
Adams County Patriots (MWFL) 24 vs Carolina Knights (SFL) 34

Game Forfit
East Coast Reapers 9 vs Florida Kings 6

proof is in the puddin'-does this mean that lima is not a national champ only a state champ????

short

Short,
The Warriors were classified as "1-AA". The MLFN in it's inFINITE wisdom decided they would divide the "AA" class about midseason. They split it into "AA" which were supposed to be the smaller market teams, and "1-AA" which were teams that had either previously been "AAA" or were just larger markets.
The #1 ranked Warriors won the "1-AA" National title by defeating the then #2 ranked Jets.
The "AA" national championship had the "AA" #1 ranked Adams County Patriots face the "1-AA" #2 ranked Carolina Knights. It turned out to be one helluva game! The final score was 28-16 Carolina on top.

I haven't been on this site for a little while, so I apologize for jumping in on this late.

This game is over, I hope everyone can look ahead and not backwards. Two Great teams went to war and there only could be one winner, it was the Lima Warriors.

We do hope we can have another historic battle with Lima, however, only time will tell if it is meant to be, but for now, I wish them the best of luck in trying to win the USFA while the Jets will focus on their upcoming MOFL season.

Stay Healthy All & God Bless!

Same Husein
Mid Ohio Jets Co-Founder
sthusein@gmail.com
614-580-2135