supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For those MAN enough

Have you ever cried after watching a show or a movie? if so...what was it? Show the brass or pick your ass!

Extreme home makeover, man sometimes those familys just get me.

Re: For those MAN enough

E.T. For those old enough to have seen it in the theatres.

Titanic when the woman is putting her kids to bed when she knows they're going to drown.

Rudy, when he finally gets accepted into Notre Dame.

Hoosiers, no brainer...

Forrest Gump, when he finds out Haley Joel Osmet is his kid, and when Jenny dies and he's talking to her grave.

There...I said it.

Oh, and I did watch something on ESPN Classic the other day about Hank Gathers dying in 1990...got to me a little bit.

I've at least got "teary eyed" every time I've seen Rudy.
Dude, I cried in "Crash." It's a deep movie if you haven't seen it, you should. Really deals with racial/hate issues in our country.

Ok here we go(and you can't say I'm not a real man because I'm a kicker):
-Rudy is a no brainer, but it always gets me when gets to play at the end of the game.
-Extreme makeover home edition(this weekends was really bad)
-Turner and Hooch - when Hooch dies(sorry I love dogs, and not in that way for you gentlemen down there in the gutters)
There are probably some others, but I just can't think of them right now. If I remember, I'll let you know.
Brian Clawson
Kicker
Fort Wayne Freedom
WWJD

Favres retirement speech

Ok here it goes:

I first have to agree Extreme Home Makeover just get to you! especially the soldier stories.

Crash also does get to ya!

Ok and for some reason ever since ive seen it the first time the 6th man always gets to me a little!

Ok these are confidential!

i have been i green bay fan for along time and a brett farve fan and to see him leave a game he loves and the fare well speech got me good luck and all the best to brett

mustang5 i agree with 6th Man.

also, lion king, when mufasa died....my dad died when i was 5 yrs old so i relate.

armageddon. when bruce willis makes his speech to his daughter.

and tears came to my eyes when eli manning drove down to put it to the pats. man i was jumping up and down, tears running down my face. the girlfriend just looked at me like i was insane.

Dang Troy, you cry a lot. Probably because you're from CONCORD!
GO JIMMIES!

Actually, the movie Crash made me cry. A lot.

Superbowl XLI

glad to see this is going well. A few more of my moments for you guys.

Old yeller, oldie but man I hate when dogs die. I had a golden retriever growing up and we was the greatest dog in the world.

Field of dreams

Braveheart- one of my all time favorites

A little surprised nobody has said Brians Song

Also, it's not a show or movie but what happened to barbaro was rough.

old yeller is a tear jerker, but if u have that on ur list u also must have Where the Red Fern Grows.Also Simmon Birch a movie about a midget kid who saves his fiends from drowning when there school bus wreckes into a river.

Hey, what about in "Saving Private Ryan" at the end where he's crying by the gravestone asking if he's "earned it?"

My Top Three:

1) We were Soldiers

2) Glory

3) Saving Private Ryan

I have to move those all down one and put The Passion at the top. I am ashamed to have forgotten that one.

Good call with Glory HBC! The 54th regiment, for those that havn't seen it...watch it.

The thought of the JIMMIES 31-0 the year that they won the state championship nearly brings a tear to my eye some 17 years later. That was a night to remember.

GO BIG GREEN- Shouts to my fellow Minuteman!

that is THE MEMORY of beating the Jimmies...sorry for the typo above

Hey Hey Hey, That was the last time for almost ten years. During that stretch, I believe we recorded two more State rings, which made me cry (just my way of continuing the crying thread). However there is one thing I will always admit-Concord always had the prettiest girls around!

Ok here is a few of my tear jerkers.

Braveheart- when he yells FREEDOM right before they kill him.
Rudy- DUH
John Q- when he tells the Dr. to use his heart.
Extreme Home Makeover- What they do for some families is unbelievable.
The Program- When Lattimer finds out he is on the starting defense.
Swordfish- The part where Halle Berry is sittin out by the pool.(OH MY GOD)
mw

1) Saving Private Ryan - "Earn this"
2) We were soldiers - When they are loading the bodies and Mel finally gets back on the chopper
3) Blood Diamond - Pretty much through the whole damn movie. I wanted to throw my fiancés engagement ring out the window after watching that movie.
4) Braveheart - "FREEDOM!"
5) When Purdue lost at IU and the IU fans started chanting "Just like football" BASTARDS!

For RCR2 the Lords Prayer before the game. And for me Remember The Titans, Gridiron Gang and ohhh yes 2 the pool scene in Swordfish but also when she was caught in the bedroom. Giggity giggity

I cried almost every Saturday this past summer, while I watched Notre Dame football.

This is hilarious. I've got some more tearjerkers:

Forrest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does.
Napoleon Dynamite: Vote for Pedro
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure: Party on, dudes!
Independence Day: You're obsessed with the fat lady!
Dodge Ball: Nobody makes me bleed my own blood. Nobody!
The Waterboy: Mama says alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.
Fast Times at Ridgemont High: You DICK!

LMAO, ok picking on people a little.

Is it me or does the make a wish on espn always get to you.Im telling you man I dont think I can watch one without almost letting a few out.Well not gonna say anymore but yea they get to me.

world trade center has to be up there

Yeah Troy that's right The Hank Gathers Story first movie to make me cry and also my girl when little dude gets stung by the bees and dies.

i agree with you viking world trade center gets me also...i couldnt stand it being trapped like that and helpless
oh and another part in a movie is when the donkey was found dead in the elevator in bachelor party!!!!!! haha....or when they meet nick the d**k how a man has that far superior body parts to anyone else make me shed a tear! lol

Thought of a few more:
Forrest Gump-when Jenny dies
The Green Mile-when Michael Clark Duncan goes to the chair
Borat-when Borat and that fat dude were wrestling in the buff- I was laughing so hard that tears were coming out my eyes.
Brian Clawson
Kicker
Fort Wayne Freedom
WWJD

1)City of Angels- at the end when he becomes human and takes the fall and the Meg Ryan Dies
2)Signs- When Mel Gibson reflects back to talking to his wife in the car right before she dies

So I went and watched 10,000 B.C. last night. It wasn't what I expected at all, but then again some things were better than I expected. There is a point where it builds you up pretty good with some form of anobolic pride. My eyes were watery, but no tears. Had my woman not been there, I think I could have. Sorry I let you guys down. I'm glad we have formed this group. We no longer have to resort to the fight club, We are........the Cry club.

The news cast when they interviewed the man who survived Hurricane Katrina, but said he lost his wife in a flash flood moments before. He told the reporter "I just couldnt hold onto her anymore. I had her hand, and then she was gone.." The he wandered away in a daze.

The reporter wasnt the only one who broke down on that.

Hendricks