supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The BEST chance???

I want to start some new conversation, there's been a lot on the talk of who has the best chance at ending the Bronco run, and I think somebody else said this, but I want to start getting some real opinions on this. Who has the best chance at taking down the National Champs the AC Patriots, assuming the RC Riot and even though it was said that the Venom only have a few players, in the MFL this year??? Personally my vote will go to the Evansville team, it seems they may have some top flight talent even if they were at the IFL level, although if the Riot have the team they say they are building than they may have some good Vets with plenty of experiance, because I remember the young team Zeb put together, Zeb huh what a joke, but he did manage to finally get some solid talent when coaching for Winchester and for as young as they were they were very competative, so you throw that in with 10-15 former DCWs you've got yourself one hell of a team, I like what the EC Wolverines are building but from what it looks like they've got plenty of talent but its going to have to start up front on both o/d lines and I just don't see that with them, and if the Cardinals got rid of any past problems with Ft. Wayne teams than they should also be a top MFL teams. I don't wanna leave the Vikings out so even though they also got a few DCW top players I still think they'll be in the middle of the pack. so assuming the MFL has the 11 teams altogether hers my pre-season rankings.

1. AC Patriots-gotta be No. 1 at this point
2. OR Bearcats-Great talent
3A. IN Cardinals-Coach mom is playing a bigger role than anyone knows
3B. RC Riot-With past MFL success and now IFL Exp. they're out to prove they're a contender this year.
5. MC Blitz-A Couple more pieces and it could be them and AC
6. WC Wildcats-A lot of exp. and gaining talent
7A. MC Vikings-mid pack at best for the Vikes
7B. EC Wolverines-Sting and Sqorps join forces hmm!!
9. MC Pirates-Got the talent but need to get rid of problems
10. JC Fuel-Quiet team unknown really we'll have to see
11. IN Venom-Sounds like they may not have the #s some of the other teams are going to have may struggle.

Numbers 2-6 is going to be a really tight race but really the Patriots will repeat, but not as easily as everyone thinks, they will lose a couple games in a more ballanced competative MFL this year.

Re: The BEST chance???

Something you're right about in your rankings are the newer teams are at the top, because in the last few years it has been the newer teams in the MFL that have been in the top half of better teams in the league. Examples-Rocks, Cutters, Dragons.....funny though, all those teams are out of the MFL as well.

You can move the Fuel on up, were going to prove ourselfs.

Yeah I'm not really concerned with were this guy ranked anyone, we could have been 11th for all I care, because like he said we are out to prove ourselves just like all the other new teams are. Although we do appreciate the respect and yes we do have a lot of players from our unfortunate situation with Zeb coming back who did not go to DC with us and sat last year out, me and RCR4 were apart of that team with Zeb and have learned a lot from the situation that he put us in, but look forward on getting rid of that image of RC he left, and building a new image for RC. I really don't think our situation now can go any better than it has we've got a tremendous response from those former RC Cougar players, and we're not just looking for guys to fill our roster anymore we're looking at who can play were and where we could upgrade a little bit, position by position we shouldn't have anyone have to go both ways but have numerous guys who are capable of playing both ways when needed. And although we were competative as RC Cougars that was a MAJOR problem was ALL our best guys were going both ways.

i wanna first say the riot are not the cougars andwe wanna shed that image that zeb left us with randolph county has tons of talent and we love that fact the old warriors and old cougars and us guys who were both could come to gether for two things a championship and the love of the game. rank us how ever you want but ranking doesnt win championship (no offense) how you play does.

I agree 100% that ranking don't mean nothing at all unless you're playing as a I (individual sport) and not a team. I'm not interested in being on here bad mouthing any owner or player. I also played with Zeb on the Randolph County Cougars. We had alot of great talent and I wish Justin, Joe and the rest of the Randolph County Riot the best of luck this year also. The East Central Wolverines are made up by several Grant County Scorpions and only 4 or 5 Wabash County Sting members. We also have players from several other areas. Our team is setup for a family atmosphere. We're playing for the love of the game. If you can't play for the love of the game then maybe you should be doing something else. Win, Lose or Draw! When the game is over then thats when you know what you have accomplished and also what and where you need to work on more. I'm not going to say we're the best at anything. We're a new team and have to prove it to ourselves and our fans first. All we'll be interested in doing is to play one game at a time and put our all into it one at a time. We wish everyone and every team the best of luck with your seasons on both the MFL and IFL. East Central Wolverines Owner.

At the same time I did not want to offend anybody I was simply trying to have a little fun, and get some opinions on this topic. Although it seems the MFL may have some pretty classy individuals, guys who can help make the MFL better. I just hope they have the referee problem fixed and don't have to go on a three week break before they play another game, because that is what is chasing teams out of this league, its a good league with exillent classy teams. But teams apply to all these leagues because they want to play games, not to play one and sit three. Because if that were the case a lot of teams could be independant and not join a league, just make up their own schedule as the summer goes on. So good luck to the IFL, MFL, and all the teams and players within those organizations.

I'm glad to see Cecil already responded to this but I have my comments as well. First, I know your intent is not to offend anyone. But my question is what information are you getting to base these rankings on other than things you've read on this site or others? How could you possibly know anything about our line situation? That's what bothers me. And I can tell you you're dead wrong about it so how many other things are you wrong about? Second, I'm going to put to rest once and for all this Scorpions/Sting thing. This is NOT the combination of those two teams. That happened last year out of necessity. Cecil and I both live in town and he had decided to start this team because of the situations he and I both experienced. I was done with football. Mainly because I made that decision right after the last game last year. I was tired and ready to be done. But Cecil got me excited about this team when he started talking about the way things were going to be run. And we've stuck to that. We've learned from the mistakes that we've both seen and the management that's in place is dedicated to not repeat those mistakes. Yes, we have several players from the Scorpions. Cecil played with them, I played with them and against them. Marion is a half hour away. It was natural for those guys to come play for us. As far as ex-Sting players, there are only a few. Obviously I live in town and made that hour drive to Wabash for two years. Those guys that live up there and are making that same drive down here are dedicated and want to play. We've also picked up a couple Chargers players because Muncie is also a half hour away. Other than that, everyone else is new to semi-pro. So this is defintely NOT the Scorpions and Sting. It's brand new. And it's been made clear that the past is in the past. As far as our rankings, they're meaningless. Every team likes to think they will compete. I believe this will be the most competitve season in a while in the MFL. I will not make predictions about our success or brag about how good I think we will be because that's not our style. We haven't proven anything until we get on that field.

Oops, that last post was from me. Forgot I posted on that one post as a joke the other night. lol

so you are a combination of weak teams, two of which had a problem playin games.

No my info did not come from the boards, some did obviously, but websites, and a couple buddies around the leagues gave me some insight, not that they know anymore than anyone else outside the team does, but joining forces was a bad term to use, and yes I have seen your team site and seen some of you play up close and I do realize that you have a lot of new fresh talent, but to me it seemed the core of your team started when the sqorps and sting started working cohesively, but I also stand by my arguments and do feel the MFL is on the brink of becoming a much better, more organized league. Yeah I apologize for stating that you guys may not have it upfront on both side of the lines, but I KNOW several coaches are going to drill that into there teams head, because 9/10 if you can dominate up front you can control the game and the Pats, Cats, Blitz are going to have some of the better lines in this league, and if the Riot can get some little more help to go along with the two hosses they had as Cougars look out cause they dominated at times, and some of you guys that have been around to play that team know already, they were the reason that team had any success. Trust me a lot of my insight came from going to as many games as I have the last 4-5 years, I love watching this Sh** it gets no better to me, a lot of talented guys getting together for the LOVE of the game not to get paid or anything!!! So good luck on everything because I look forward to keeping a close eye on the MFL this year!!!!

hmmm,
As I JUST stated, no we are NOT a combination. Period.

I'd like to remain anonymous because I chose to not play this year, but I am a former Sting player and I personally remember the two "hosses" he's refering to, I actually met them and had a little chat with both of them, one's name is Joe and the other is Kerry, and I specifically remember telling the two that they are going to be some of the better linemen this league has seen, I mean they ran a 3-4/3-5 defense with Cecil as the NT if I remember correctly, didn't blitz the whole game but still managed to get penetration like none other. They are the real deal, and I think Cecil is more than willing to second that! They told me how young they were and I was shocked that they were in Semi-pro and not playing College ball somewhere. It was the only chance we had to play those guys which sucks because they folded the week after, I'm assuming thats when the "Zeb" situation took place, I was looking forward at a second chance at those guys.

Here we go again, I am better than you. Like the sayin goes, If you gotta tell someone how good you are, you aint that good!

Are you sure you read these posts because I never seen any post from someone talking about who good they were. I seen someones opinion on rank and some team reps say they don't care about rank they are just ready to prove themselves, of course every player and every team has the confidence that they will be good in '08, if you didn't then your destined to be unsuccessful. I also seen confusion as to who the Wolverines players came from, and it really don't matter THEY ARE THE WOLVERINES, just like the Riot we may consist of former Cougar players, former Warrior players, and some who have played for both, and then maybe even a couple from the old Rage, so what does that make us the Warrior/Cougar/Rage I mean c'mon now lets get real with ourselves. We all know it doesn't matter how good one, two or even 11 players are if you can't work together than you will be in bad shape.

so the vikings and wolverines are mid pack, but these two teams have been practicing the longest, and seem to have decent turn out at every practice. unless you know MORE facts than just internet research, you dont know much. no offense but several"top tier" teams didnt update thier sites or boards very often. so unless you have seen any team practice,(which some teams havent even started yet) or been to any meeting you dont have and hard proof in this EARLY EARLY preseason. and if you are going by internet sites and boards the pirates have one of the best put together sites and message boards, yet they are ranked very low. as supafan says every year it is to soon to rank any team.

Thats a good rundown of rankings. After all it is preseason and nobody has seen anyone play yet. So I am going to have a little fun and try it also. This is just a guess and everyone will see it from a different point of veiw.

1. Patriots- 2 solid years in a row, why would it stop now.
2. Bearcats- Evansville is always strong.
3. Fuel- The teams out of Indy are usually pretty solid and they seem to have a good city to pull from.
4. Blitz- At full strength they can play with anyone.
5. Wildcats- A little more depth and they will be back in contention for another title.
6. Cardinals- Have a good area to pull talent from.
7. Wolverines- They will have dedicated players who will make a solid team as the season goes on.
8. Pirates- Once they get the ball rollin it will be hard to stop.
9. Riot- Have some experienced players, just need a good coach and they will be a contender.
10. Vikings- Tater got another coach and with some extra players they will move up.
11. Venom- If they are lacking players it will be a hard season, but if they fix that they will move up.

Well this is an early start for things this season but I would love to know where the information from these pre-predictions comes from!? I wans to let you know that there are soem tems out there that will suprise this season...I do not think that the MFL season will be like last year. Where the same teams beat the same teams every game! There will be upsets and there will be blowouts dont get me wrong.

I will be 100% honest I am a part of the Vikings organization and will say that we are 100% improved over last season! More involvement and more talent all around. Our offense and defense have nearly learned its entire packages and are ready to get outside and get in the pads!!! Prepare for some upsets! The Vikings will be on the top side of some of those this season if they stay ranked where they are in these pre-preseason rankings!

i think people will be surprised on how much we have improved over last season. and for all the teams out there good luck and be safe.

VIKING POWER

I would hope you have improved, you got a few Warriors, so you at least have a few solid players.

I hope you mean to improve upon the solid base of players from last season?!

I mean you cant finish any worse than last year. You were the first eliminated from the playoffs, you can only improve. Well I guess technically you could tie.

we got 2 ex warriors. that doesnt make a team. if you look at the last few games of the season. we held our own. we were the first eliminated, but we didnt pick up players from other teams we stuck with the same players we had. but that was last season im looking forward to this season and just running over people.

VIKING POWER

The MFL rules stated you could add players up until playoffs. It was completely legal. According to the last four games on your web site, you were outscored 98-58. You will improve with a good set of coach's and a few more players, and like you said, just 2 wont make a difference.

that was still better than what we did the first 4 games. i know what the rules say, is it fare?? no. but like i said its the past. who ever this is i hope you find a team to play for, and maybe we will see eachother.

oh and one of those games was against the dragons.

You guys did improve from the first few games. You added players didnt you? So why wouldnt a rule be fare when you used it to? Good luck this season, there are many quality new teams in the league now. Maybe you will get to play the champs.

The rules are completely fair, every team gets to take advantage of that rule, is it right is the question......I don't think so, I think you have plenty of time during the offseason to figure who's on your team and who's not, but hey I don't make the rules!!!!

I think that is something that should be addressed in the offseason. That rule needs to be looked at and maybe a change to the point of a roster must be turned in by mid-season. Who knows!

#1 patriots
#2 bearcats
#3 pirates
#4 blitz
#5 wildcats
#6 riot
#7 vikings
#8 fuel
#9 cardinals
#10 wolverines
#11 venom

1. Patriots-Great talent and coaching
2.OR Bearcats-They'll be as good as ever coming form that area.
3. MC Blitz-Always a hard hittin squad.
4. JC Fuel-This will be a suprise team could be the main contender by years end!!
5. RC Riot-I also played the old Cougar team they were some tough country type boyz!!
6. WC Wildcats-off year last year they'll bounce back!!
7. MC Vikings-Few additions still have work to do in recruiting!!
8. IN Cardinals-we'll see if they've gotten rid of those past problems???
9.EC Wolverines-have a lot of proving to do before they can move up!!!
10. MC Pirates-another team with a lot to prove
11. IN Venom-needing players is what it sounds like

Some teams you may want to look out for are the Cardinals, because if tehy got rid of those past issues we all know they can get the talent. The Wolverines, this is a team the with play with heart, and passion game in and game out they'll give you everything till the end of each game. And the Riot, this is going to be an exerianced group that is going to begin surrounding themselves with youth, talent, and playmakers!!!

Hey Davis are you playing this year or just coaching, just curious seen a couple games last year thought you were decent!!!

Not sure at this point. Leaning towards playing but I am also running the offense. I would like to see someone else help out with the offense so I could play and not have a lot to worry about. If you dont mind me asking who are you?

Just a fan i live near by and my name is anthony soloman, man back about 20-30 years ago I wish i had the athleticism to play but I really enjoy watching all these younger and older guys play for the passion of the game!!!! Good luck and I look forward to watching your games this year, I have a pretty busy schedule so I'll go to as many as I can.

Thank you for your support Mr. Soloman, we appreciate you coming out and supporting not only us but semi-pro football in general. Thanks again hopefully we see you around this season!

1) Patriots-gotta be dem right naw but dey WILL NOT REPEAT, therre gon be sum damn good teams in MFL n 08
2)EC Wolverines-Dey will shock peeps dis year
3)WC Wildcats-Fell off last year but dey will rebound
4)MC Vikings-Who dey is all eyez gotts to say
5)RC Riot-can't wait to see dem play da Vikes, dey was talking mad S**t last year when dey was da Warriors, dis will be da game to see dis year!!!
6)MC Blitz-good team but will slip up dis year
7)OR Bearcats-lotta hype but I don't see it.
8)IN Cardinals-I see dem fallin apart
9)JC Fuel-dunno about dis team but don't expect much from dem
10)MC Pirates-I seem dem movin up but not much, they'll be bad ass by next year tho
11)IN Venom-another team I see fallin apart not much talent either, be lucky to win a game.

Game of the year like I said, I think it will be the Riot and Vikes, therre was sum bad blood with a lot of them guys and the old Warriors, and I think the Vikes will take it all dis year, adn dey will play the Riot in the championship game. Sorry Pats this year you will be shocked by losing a tight one in the end but I think they'll lose 3-4 games this year. Alot of these teams are going to be a lot tougher especially with the target the Pats have on they back, the road to repeat will be tougher than ever for all deese teams in the MFL. What we need to do is set up some bowl games at da end of the season matching up the MFL/IFL teams with were they finished, that would be the SHIT!!!!!!

Dis catz crazay. I think someone is trying to stir the pot a litte with the Riot and Viks.

Yeah it kinda seems that way doesn't it, I don't know what any of that was about last year, nor do I have a problem with any of them, I'm actually pretty cool with Burnsides and Phil. Some stuff just needs to be let go, I look forward to playing everyone, there's not a single game I think needs to be circled on anyones calender, theres going to be great games every week. The only game that would need to be circled if any is when teams line up with the Pats, and thats for obvious reasons they're the Nat Champs, so lets try and avoid all this BS drama people are always trying to start, and just look forward to the season.

yeah, someone is tryin to stir something up. even as a warrior, i never had a problem with the vikings. me and few other warriors actually went and watched a couple viking games. and if there ever was a problem, i didnt think i knew about it. hell, i'm playing for the vikings now. i do wanna wish the riot and all the other ifl and mfl teams the best of luck... except of course when they play us .

as for the rankings, its just opinion and i dont take them to heart. i know i'll get ripped for this one, but i do remember the buckeyes were "ranked" #1 two years in a row, and it was pretty much a blowout both years... thats why the games are played on the field, and not on paper.

its burnside not burnsides joe, you're killing me haha. I think its kind of early for all this rankings talk... I mean no one has padded up yet. I'm just looking forward to a new year in a new league. Hope I can help this Viking D and more importantly I just want games with no injuries, we all have things to do te following monday.

My fault man, but hey I never said anything but you spelled my name Alvazar and its Alvizar, but its all good. Good luck to you Piqua boys, and the Vikes and even though all the S*it talking went on last year, I don't have a clue as to what it was about nor do I care because it had nothing to do with me. I'm sure we'll see eachother and shoot the sh*t sometime, but until then we are going to keep working hard to put the Riot on the field this year, lata.

Ya no one has a problem right now but, it was getting kinda heated last year. But just wait till the game and you'll start to feel the tension between the teams just watching, I know one thing this is not a dead topic, once the Riot get accepted I really see things getting heated, maybe more so than before. And then there will be a lot of build up going into that game, nobody may admit it now but they know whats begining to brew in that pot, and its needing to be stirred real soon!! I look forward to seeing this new rivarly spark right before our eyes, DAMN the season can't get started soon enough can it????

im staying out of it this year, but im glad someone has faith in us.

I havent forgotten anything from last years little war of words on here. And bet your ass after we play the vikings whether we win or lose they wont forget it either. You fellas know who this is directed to.

Im not so sure that is the best thing to say to someone who has a say in wheter you play in a league or not.

your right when and if they get accepted to the league im sure there will be alot said and tension will rise im sure of that. one other thing is your very right the vikings wont forget that game you never forget the games you win and let me tell you thats one game the vikings wont lose my prediction of that game dont bet on the roit winning.

riot my bad

2 just stirred the pot. i love it.

btw deuce, you had me worried when you emailed me back and said to practice snapping. i mean i can dick off and snap decent, but once its a game time situation, my snaps are spurratic(sp). i never played center before. lol. cant wait to hit ya again 2. and alvizar. and henry.

and if you get cheapshotted, dont look at me

Yeah he's gotten so good at it that he's in the huddle before anyone knows what happened... I don't know a whole lot about what was said last year and that doesn't matter to me because this is a whole new year with all new teams

PS...deuce stirrin the pot is great I love it

lol i highly highly doubt they will be taking out the center its just very very slim good luck with that though keep your chin up

No Vikings should post on this topic again. Save your talking for the field.

Jeff Shaner
Head Coach
Miami County Vikings

I can not believe that last post is from Tater. It wasn't to long ago Beef banned you from this board for running your mouth.

thats true, havent been any tater post but there are always dumb, no name post. makes you wonder.

all i have to say is good luck to all the the teams this i look forward to playing teams that i will be playing

Ha, Shaner is just a big p**sy, he now knows that one way or another that he will have to play this team, and theres no way to hide from it now, the Riot may not have a coach but they are going to be loaded with veteran leadership and talent. He doesn't want to get them boys any more fired up than they already are, specifically RCR#2.

Nobody is talkin bout takin any body out or cheap shottin anyone or whatever. And Im not tryin to stir the pot but if I do ya know, whatever. All I was sayin is I remember the crap that was said about me and a few of my teammates and yes last year I did want to settle it a little different than I do now. Now Im just fine lightin some people up and Im sure im gonna get it once or twice myself, but hey if you can dish it you gotta be able to take it right? Phil and Burny whats up with Snider is he not playin this year? And Phil you just stay away from me you sneaky little f'er and yes your mom is hot. Just make sure you fellas strap it up extra tight.

2, Snyder is still up in the air...be we'll twist him to play this year, he isn't at his usual 250lb body frame but at 220 and just as strong would be a great tail back now haha

actually, he tipped the scale at a ripped 214 yesterday. he may compete in bodybuilding. he says he doesnt want to get injured and mess that up.