supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ifl rankings

IFL pre-season rankings

#1 south central broncos- 3 years runnin
#2 Indianapolis Dragons- mfl runnersup last season, beat broncos in scrimmage last season
#3 Miami Valley warriors-10-1 last season, talented area
#4 Indiana Generals- increasingly better
#5 KC Mustangs- always tough
#6 Classic city crush- in the ifl championship 2 seasons ago
#7 mercer county cougers- always a threat to win it all
#8 Indiana central cutters- mfl top contender
#9 Elkart shamrock- mfl powerhouse
#10 southwest ohio blazers- dont know anything except the area is good for talent
#11 Noble county Longhorns - good team but always on the losing end
#12 West ohio wranglers - only 2 wins in their short history

Re: ifl rankings

No doubt, not really a fan but really a player of some team posting up as a fan to stir da pot...
let da games begin...

Its just a view of another person, dont mean hes tryin to stir a pot. I agree with the top 3 being there, not sure about the order though.

It's a good try, I think it's pretty close. I don't think the new teams should be highly ranked just yet. Have to wait till week one to do that. Also, The Longhorns should be at the bottom. They took a year off and in doing so lost all thier talent that they didn't lose the year before. The Wranglers are going to win some games this year. More than the Longhorns.

All that is, is just my opinion on where the teams were at the end of last season, or in the longhorns case, two seasons ago. but thats why they down that low.
they are only above the wranglers, because the wranglers still have to prove themselves to be out of the cellar, and its only right to mark them as the underdogs.
the dragons and the warriors are towards the top because you cant discard their last seasons based on their success just because they are new to the league. we know they belong right there for now.
the start of the season could change that though, but thats whats suppose to happen. Up or down?

You know I think the Broncos have deserved to be Preseason #1...I am not a fan of the patriots and I am not a fan of the Broncos but what I am fan of is being fair. Do they deserve to be there in the Preseason...#1 rank....yes...

Do I hope some team gives it to them this year...YOU BET YA!!! I was at all three championship games...1 I played in the other 2 there to see a good game. I think the Broncos can be beat...there OLine is soft...the DBs are crap and a team needs to come in and knock them off of their #1 rank.

But in fairness they do deserve to be there in the PRESEASON RANKINGS # 1 is fine with me...cause me and my team are coming to take that #1.

A true Cutter

There o-line is definatley not "soft" nor are the dbs crap.

Which 3 championship games?

Who is cutter #39 cause im lost right now........?

I havent heard much talk about the Blazers, I guess they are going to be the dark horse this year. I hope teams arent counting them out. The talent is full for them this year and they plan on opening up several eyes around the league. Look out.

This posting about Who can beat who or Who's Number 1, cant even been thought about right now, there are Several Teams that havent ever Played each other..To have 2 teams that Havent even played in this League Before be Above teams that have been competing for years, Thats just Not right...Records mean nothing, Who beat who in "Scrimmages" means nothing...Teams that have played in this League shouldnt be Ranked up there...The Broncos are 3-time Returning Champs, They are Number 1...The Last 11 teams are Tied for 2nd at this point, Week one is When teams are going to Show or Shut Up...

"Teams that havent"*

WOW! Ive been quiet thus far thru all the bs thats been talked bout my team! Time 4 a change! Who is this SCRUB #39 from the cutters? 2 me rankings aint s&!t... any1 can get beat @ anytime but 4 ur sad ass 2 say my oline is soft & 2 say the dbs are crap u must be smoking WET! WE COULDVE TAKEN OUR WHOLE SECONDARY 2 THE ALLSTAR GAME IF WE WANTED BUT 2 OF THEM WERE BUSY! As far as our oline they come out 2 smack boys in the mouth there was not 1 game whr we didnt rush 4 over 100 yrds so whats that tell you bout the d-lines we went against! 39 hope you have on ur hard hat IM LAYN U OUT! GOOD LUCK 2 ALL THE IFL TEAMS THIS YEAR! WE BUILDN A DYNASTY!!!

Bronco's #3, I agree with you about rankings, that shit really is for ppl that bet on games.........lol
Real talk though, the cutters are not represented by whoever that is that posted up top, to my knowledge we dont even have a player on our team that uses that number. I could be wrong, but seeing how I never missed are practice, let alone a game, I think I would know if we did. I do stand behind my team and I like what we have going, so to ALL teams in this league we are coming to play and I hope you are doing the same

Dre what are you doing on my side of the ball??? You belong on offense so i can tackle you!! Good luck this year man...its going to be fun!!!

those PRE-season rankings are not only my opionion for fun, but they are PREseason. weather they have played or not, these are where i think they stand at this point.
at the college level they have preseason rankings where they start, weather they have played or not, that is not the point. so quit wasting your time getting on here and saying rankings are crap and this team is better than that team. rankngs are for fun and talk is cheap

Those College PRESEASON ranking are also Done by Professionals, with years of experience, and They are done with Solid Facts and Stats as to Points Scored, Points Allowed, etc...They are not posted by someone using the Name 'Yo'...At least have some Decency and Respect for yourself and Post a Name...

"that was not the point" i believe i stated. predictions for fun was also stated, and dont worry if im yo or someone else, thats not the point either.
why am i defending myself because you cant handle somone that you dont even knows opinion. quit talking and win some games, im just here to watch

How often do the college polls go down like they are predicted? So why does it matter if it is a pro or amatuer, neither one get it right.

Dre you are correct the CUTTERS did NOT have a #39 last year maybe someone is planning on asking for it this year. I don't know who made statement but it was NOT a current cutter or anyone from last year. The Cutters are new to the league and therefore have no reason to make any statements such as the one posted under cutters 39. The Broncos have won the titlee three straight years and they deserve to be ranked as the number team and I'm sure they have not won three titles with a soft O-line or a bad secondary. There are some who just want to always stir the pot. Good luck to all the teams this year and lets get ready for some football.

Based on the power rankings it was definitely overlooking the former MFL first year teams. That aren't going are expected to add few teams to match there chance From playing for a couple of years in both leagues, and evaluating teams bye weeks attended many from both leagues. and a level of talent and organizations, with a few more pieces to the top tier teams I think this league is will be a premier conference in the future with the progression of the league. It will deifinitely be an exciting league and incontention will some surrounding powerhouse conferences. Enough....I think they should look a little like this.
1. Dragons- Few key players vs. broncos and still overcame DEFINITE favorite
2. Broncos- Rings and recruits they will excel.
3. Cutters- Undoubtably this years underdog, with the ability to take the ring, the organization's a true class act.
4. Shamrock- Also, outstanding organization with the personnel and their recruiting ability is outstanding.
5. Generals- Very athletic and balanced team.
6. Mustangs- Proven always competive and ability to pull some upsets.
7.Warriorsimpressive team with alot fo talent.
8.Crush- Always impressive
9.Cougars- Few more adjustments could exceed
10.Blazers- Reputation is impressive
11.Longhorns- Could be competitive with some some additions
12.Wranglers- Need some help
No disrespect to any of these teams. Just a little preseaon pick.
P.S Wayne you've always had a ecellent team and a little disappointed you couldn't change your mind. Taylor made for this league.

This is pretty early, and IS pre-season jibber jabber. But it is fun! I would like to see the actual game pickers list thier polls. SUPA?? SR?? IDA??

1. Broncos- three time IFL champs. If your win'n, your recruit'n, without doing any work. Start the season number 1. no questions asked

2. Mustangs- Made it to the ship twice, especially last season. Doesn't happen by luck. the difference, ONE HELL OF A MONKEY ON THIER BACK

3. MV Warriors- This team could be the most talented and experienced. Could easily move up in a hurry. If your looking over your back, this is who your lookin at.

4. Dragons- Proven power house. Have the players, have the numbers, have the skill, and have a winning record.

5. Cutters- An example of how to run and manage a team. Teams will take note, and will take notice. Some very good skill players, and a defense that will nod some heads.

6. Generals- After a few years of examination, they are finding the right formula. they were a surprise last season, but not now. They are a contender.

7. Blazers- have played some very good teams and have gained some much needed experience. Will give teams a lot of trouble. An experieced QB can do wonders. they have that.

8. Crush- A dissapointing season, and have found themselves in a downward slope. they were missing an important ingredient, they WILL Bounce back...how much is the question. they will be better than last season.

9. Shamrock- Proved to be a helluva first year team. to much gossiping going on to rank them any higher. If they can re-create what they had they will be stout. If they cannot be as good as they were last season, then this is where they fall.

10. Cougars- Faired extremely well in thier begining, however, teams have caught up with them. they are in a medium where they have to make a move. They have some catching up to do.

11. Wranglers- new involvement may have just boosted this team. It is to early to tell how much this will help them, but they will be better. Have the right Idea, just need to make it happen.

12. Longhorns- Very storied team, Should be up near the top. too much talent has moved elswhere and too many poor moves in management. Picked a bad year to come back. Too little to late

1 Broncos-not only do they deserve to be #1 because they are 3 time champs, they will show how easily they hit the switch this year, after four in a row the rest of the league WILL HAVE to call them daddy.

2 Warriors-extremely talented group, your best bet to de-throne the Broncos, Redd will cause migranes for opposing DBs, and will really open things up for everone else.

3 Generals-can only improve on what they started to build on last year.

4 Cutters-all around good team, from top to bottom one of the more ballanced teams around.

5 Blazers-drawing great talent in, the core of great players for this team just seems to grow and grow

6 Shamrock-one of the toughest, most punishing teams, physically they wear you down, and when they hit you your def. feeling it

7 Crush-they will be much improved this year, but a lot of talent has begun to surpass them, they will struggle to keep up.

8 Mustangs-don't know why but they just don't impress me, they seem to win except in big situations, such as that embarrasing performance against the Broncos, you can not honestly say they were the def. #2 team last year, there were so many other teams who played the Broncos better.

9 Cougars-need to change their style of play, too many teams understand what they need to do to beat them, and if they don't change it up soon it won't be long before they are the bottom feeders of the IFL.

10 Dragons-all I can say is WoW, that game against the Pats was a little ridicolous now, even if they had gotten rid of the bad, that bad was some of their better talent if you ask me, so it seems to be a lose lose situation.

11 Wranglers-they are hurting for some help, they were def. desperate to get some of the old Warriors to come join, but it was just too much distance. they won't be in last though, thats always a possitive.

12 Longhorns-a team still years away from really being in the BIG picture, they very well could run the table in reverse this year.

I pik'd em,
You are right, When we got ride of the trouble we lost a hellva lot of talent and thats going to hurt us in some spots.
I guess most people call this a rebuilding year. I would put us down at the bottom too. I think we lost sight of why we do this for a while but It's to have fun and thats what we are going to do this year no matter what.

I can see bs when i see it. Everyone likes to be the underdogs and win from there. not even the dragons would put their selves down really. thats for show and a sneaky way to sneak up on ppl, but i dont think anyone is falling for that.

JT, are you not playing this year? I seen the HC beside the name and was just curious.

Robert Redd won't be playing for the Warriors. After his season is done with the Cleveland Gladiators, he will be playing with the Mid Ohio Jets, as we were told by a member of their staff after the national championship game last year.

Devon, you continue to believe that.....all propoganda to make them look better for using a ringer in the National Championship game....IF, Redd plays this year it will be in Dayton, that his home and where his friends are.....also if it were not for the upset of the Warriors by the gators, Redd would have been playing against the Jets in the play-in game.

I'm just relaying what was told to us by the Jets staff.

I understand Devon, however this is just an attempt for them to make themselves look better for shelving guys who started all year and bringing in a ringer. However, this move did more destruction within than it did on the outside.....just ask any of their players!!!!!!!And this is no knock on Redd, as he brings nothing but positive things to the table, but guys do not receive, going to the bench to watch the National Championship game after starting all year on an undefeated squad, well. But I think Lima fully understands the implications of such a move and this is why you went to the show with what got ya' there.

Understand:

You do understand!

alright, alright...the idiot who said the broncos O-line is soft and their db's are crap must be smokin crack... those are two of the most solid parts of their team, so don't post something if you don't know what the hell you're talking about...that's the problem with this site everybody gets on here just to talk shit and say their team is better than everybody else's...and to the idiot who ranked us (the Generals) sixth....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....fuckin retard we almost beat the broncos, beat the mustangs, and have one of the most talented football teams in the IFL...even with the new teams added...Here are the real rankings...

1. Broncos....well deserved but will be beat this year

2. Mustangs...made it to the championship game..gotta
be no. 2, only fair
3. Generals...Very talented and I'm on the team...lol

4. Dragons....until they compete in the IFL this is
where they belong

5. Miami Valley...Never seen them play but here great
things
6. Cutters.. competitive and they have some talent

7. Crush....they're a good team but we'll see how they
do this year
8. Blazers...don't know anything but heard they're
decent
9. Cougars...I think it's bullshit they don't play
the all-star game, but they're decent

10. Wranglers...up and coming, better this year

11. Shamrock..never seen them play, they have to beat
someone in the IFL to move up

12. Longhorns..new team, good luck to them

If someone thinks this is unfair, kiss my ass..it's not....Generals #5 out like a fat kid in dodgeball and ready to keep the defenses heads ringin'.....good luck to everyone this year, can't wait til the season starts.....

Keep on talking son.....guaranteed no way do the generals end up #3 in the new and improved IFL....but one thing I can guarantee is you just put a huge target right in the middle of that #5 you wear on your jersey!

Yes, I would say that the Generals are in for a few azz whoopins this year. I know of at least one player they pissed off.. And that wasnt a good idea..

WOW! First of all who is this "player" that we have pissed off that we shouldn't have? I just wondered because we usually only piss off the people that we're supposed to. If he is so scary give up a name or number....hell I might not even play this year now! and as far as #5 and his target...yeah, yeah he always has a target on his chest, he did last year and we all know he will again this year...I'm sure he'll be o.k. he's got me blockin for him. anyway good luck to all, lookin forward to it!

I don't know, I thought it was an ok ranking. As for #5, he is a baller and a good one at that. "I" would not be talking shit to the generals, the ones who take them lightly will be giving the "shoulda, coulda, and woulda's"...from the stands during the playoffs. If they are as good as they were last year..your better off using your time figuring out how to beat them, if they are better than they were last year...good luck with that, considering the words you've chosen. Stang 3

F*&! the generals and #99, well at least we know that they will run behined you, everyone else sucks....

F*@k the generals....pretty tough from someone with no name, or number, or team even! I take exception to that last comment. there are several other good lineman on our team (shout out to my boys #52,#64)and I think you're gonna find that out soon enough. as far as them runnin behind me, that is fine, you still gotta stop it!

What postition is #5 don't really remember numbers to often. I remember a guy getting mad at me because he couldn't get a good block on me (atleast thats what he told me during the game) till i was chasing someone down the side lines and I got blind sided by him. I was just wondering if that was number 5.

hahahahaha...IT IS ON!!! the only thing that is on is your period you lil sissy...you're a damn joke, posting anonymously about fuck this and fuck that, you're an embarassment to your team and to yourself...and GRod, whoever the hell you are, that wasn't me..I play running back and receiver and if I try to block you it will happen...trust me...and as far as our line goes, talk all the shit you want about how they suck cuz 3 of them were in the allstar game....numbnuts...and I hope you come at #99 cuz he'll plant your ass like he's a gardener..peace!!!!

Generals#5

#5 plays running back and some slot. what game was this in? what position do you play?

Getting on here arguing and and droping F bombs not only makes you look bad, but also makes the team you play for look terrible. This is a site that kids can get on. If you dont care enough about your team to show respect, then consider the people who get on here. I would hope someone from the Generals will step up and put a stop to that type of talking on a public message board!

I am sorry for my ealier posts. The IFL should not even have a season. Go ahead and crown the Generals.
Sorry, SCB. and Cutters, Dragons. Your season has ended today. #99 and #5 have scared the living poop out of me.. Nobody should play the Generals the are in a league of thier own?? Oh Well.. PSYCH..Bitchess, you "Generals" are going to get the poop kicked out of you by more than one team in the IFL this year.

It's sad to see that "it's on" is drunk and talkin silly at 8:00 in the evening...get some help buddy! No one from the Generals ever claimed we are gonna walk away with anything this year. In fact #5 even had us at third in his rankings. If you are so damn good give me a number or a team or somethin or shut your mouth! We know this is gonna be an even tougher season than last year and the new competition is great for the league...we look forward to it! While I do not doubt that I scared the poop out of you it doesn't matter, lucky for you, you have 10 other guys to hide behind....not to mention your anonymity, if you even get on the field at all! I do apologize for any profanity coming from any of our players, we try to uphold a level of class in our organization however sometimes guys get excited and things are said that maybe should not be. To all those who show the proper level of respect to our team thank you and rest assured we respect you as well. as for "it's on" I can't wait till I can strap it up against you this season.....hopefully by then I'll know who to look for! I just hope I don't get a penalty for pancaking a guy on the sideline!

99, That is hilarious....you cracking on a guy for being on the computer at 8pm, yet you are posting at 3:18am!

learn how to read and comprehend! I was not cracking on him for posting at 8 I was makin a joke that he was already drunk at 8 because what he was sayin wasn't makin any sense....as for me being on at 3 in the mornin, I just got home for the night and I always check my messages and what not to see what's goin on before I go to bed. so if you can't keep up with what I'm sayin don't try to respond to it! Have a nice day!

wow fellas... like i said in another post, this is an opinioned based site. people can say what they'd like. however, i dont think you should post behind a username that says nothing about who you are, what you do, what team you play for, etc, and talk mass smack. and supa i'd hope someone gets banned from here for a month, i know i did when i dropped some curse words before...

yeah, yeah yeah, #99, you just got in at 3:18am from getting pimped out. Hoes gotta eat too..

good one....yeah I was getting pimped out, yeah, I'm a hoe, doesn't change the fact that I'm one of the better lineman in this league and that you are still afraid to say who you are! so if all you wanna do is call me a hoe or our "Generals" team bit*@es or say Fu@* 99...it's all good! Doesn't bother me, because at the end of the day I'm at least man enough to let you know who I am.

Well well now all this talk and not one practice has ever taken place I can tell you that I was at the sportsplex in Bloomington last Wednesday night for the Cutter workout and let me say this over 70 players and they haven't had any media coverage yet. Saw some players with speed,,,,, so much speed it should be illegal. They have Jahkeem Gilmore back Isreal Thompson is back and looked to be in his best shape in years and had 7 or 8 players with far more speed than him and there were some big linemen there as well. It seems that Coach Alan has a point to prove and a chip on his shoulder and fire in his eyes. This team is the real deal. I want to make this statement right now this team will beat the Broncos ( I mean beat 28-10 ) when and if they play I haven't seen a schedule yet but if these two teams play make it a point to attend it will be an awesome night of football. Now I know everyone will reply to this and say I'm crazy or why no real name well if you don't believe this just check out the cutter workouts at Bloomington sports plex they have their schedule listed on there web site they aren't trying to hide anything. There were several fans on hand the night I was there. They have a very nice facility to work out in and it is indoors they have a two month head start,, you all have some catching up to do.

Well I guess the proven power house teams may as well not even show up to play the cutters. Still a long way to go there boyz.

Yeah, this post has gotten pretty retarded. Let's get to practice.

Whittaker

yeah it must be nice to have a 70 man roster but a lot of the time it comes down to just the 11 on the field!!!!

I hope we get 25...that would be awesome!!

Can you imagine 25 rednecks, ballin' 11 at a time? I can...it's a beautiful thing, a beautiful thing indeed.

Ok, ok, maybe we'll let a couple pretty boys from the Fort play...I guess you need scrawny guys too.