supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
As you start a new season

As each of you start your new season I want you to take a moment and ask you to think about something from an older guy who has been around. It seems many postings on here are for the purpose of going after someone or some league. Try this, take care of yourself and your team and don't worry about the other guy unless you have to line up against him on the next Saturday that you play.
I can tell you there is one thing that can and HAS brought down many a team and its organization and that one thing is something called """"EGO"""". There will be winners and losers each year and only one team will win it all. Just because you didn't get the golden ring doesn't mean your coach is bad or your quarterback is bad it just means sometimes the other team wanted it more than you. I have seen so many good clubs fall by the wayside because of egos it isn't funny. Think of yourselves as a family don't worry about who is starting or who has what title or who is the "team owner" work together and respect those who work with you or alongside of you. it isn't just the players who are a team it is the entire organization that is a team and I may add a family.
I love seeing football at this level and I hate to see it when teams start infighting over who is the owner or who is in charge of this that and the other. It happened last year to a team I really enjoyed following and it is already happening to a top notch team this year,,,, come one fellows don't let your fans down, don't let your team down and don't let your community down. Work together toward a common goal, but most of all respect each other and respect what the person working along side of you has done over the years chances are you wouldn't be where you are today without those who have worked with you over the years.

Re: As you start a new season

This could be the best post I have read on here. Huge props to you whoever you are!

I would have to agree 100% this is a great post. The sad part is its true. All of us in semi pro football should treat each other as family. Someone has to win and someone has to lose that is part of it.

We shouldnt down grade an organization or a player for that. One year you may be great the next you may not be, that is football you never know who is going to gain the extra talent in the offseason.

All of us should be here for the same reason that is to have fun and to give our community something to be proud of. We should all be striving to make semi pro better and better.

I also think this is a great post. This is my 12th year and I must say semi pro football has come a long way.Although there are guys that think its just back yard football and will fight at the drop of a dime and thats the players you weed out.They dont only make your organization look bad but they could cost you your field.In all i have met some great ball players and coaches since i have been around and hope to meet some more. Remember players your organization goes how you play. You play dirty and cheap no one wants to play you or watch you. You play hard and clean everybody wants to play you and watch you. You all have to work that next monday. Goodluck to everyone.

Amen
Brian Clawson
Kicker Fort Wayne Freedom
WWJD