supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
See YA!

it is with a sad heart, and broken ankle that I decided to finally retire from playing Semi Pro football. I thougt long and hard on this, and I will still be coaching with the Indiana Generals, but the body is much further behind the heart to play now.

I want to thank SO many people that have come into my life during this career of playing. Through the 3 rings and 8 league championships with four different teams...and 19 years total - its been a great ride.

Coaches Hill, Zent, (Nugent especially) Lunsey and Troy Edwards, I have to thank you all for all you did for me as a player, and the earlier coaches and teammates that developed me into a better player, on AND off thei field.

Nothing less to any team I played for or against.. But there was no greater bond that the one I had with the Grizzlies-Stampede. Paul Digiacomo started that Stampede team when we ( as Grizzlies ) we were one game short of the 'ship, so the next year, he began the Stampede. We never looked back and lost to only two teams ( even though ONE of those teams was the *&^*^ COL team- like 4 times! lol)
Fraz, Tashai, Shep, C-note, Paul D, Dan-O, Scott P, Sapp, Don A, Chad, Curtis, Eric Adams..there are dozens more, but the list would go till 2020 if I listed everyone.
Plus I wont be away from the game, just not on the field anymore.

I hate it happened this year, The IFL has come a long and great way, and those who are playing - remember this season so you can tell em all one day "I was there, the year ALL the great armies fought together" (Yeah, yeah, corny, but it sounded good when I said it out loud in a english old Gladiators voice)

Anyway, thanks to all who wrote me on this board, encouraged me and those I played with and against..this was the greatest 19 years I have had in anything I've ever done.

Cya ya'll!

Hendricks

Re: See YA!

What teams did you win championships with Brian.

The Dupage Eagles and the Stampede. The Eagles are now called the Kane Co Eagles. The Stampede are now done.

Hendricks

Sucks to see you go!! But i will see you out there!!!

Oops, I didnt include the Carolina Storm team, although I only played a few games with them. And the Stampede - Grizzlies was the same team - diff name, so make that 3 diff teams.. ( see, my mind is going as well as my body)

Hendricks

JC, take it easy on my wideouts, ok? (lol)

I loved playin against you dude, your a credit to the game...

Hendricks

B
U callin it quits??? C'mon I know u still got at least 1 more in ya. Damn, the good ol Stampede days them were fun even though we had to drive from the Fort to South Bend. I enjoyed every practice and game. COL, we should've beat them that last game when Jovan ran the ball down to like the 2 with 0:00 on the clock, that was a classic. The two best recievers I've checked, well three: U as far as wisdom, slow as dirt but hey everyone's not blessed with my speed, lol. Jovan just good great to practice aqainst, and Robert Redd a damn beast, we had our share of battles. Check us out this year, queitly we're comin. Oh yeah, that tall cat from Grand Rapids Thunder he's a beast too. Get at me.

C_NOTE5
Throw my way, better believe it's six comin at cha!!!!

Brian wasnt you on the 2006 dragons team. I thought that you played then got hurt then helped coach the rest of the year. Am I wrong?

Man Gramps,
I thought you would play 4-ever!!!! Oh wait, you already have. I hope we can set up some kind of match up against each down the road, I wanna see if you can teach the receivers everything you know before you don't remember that you knew it in the first place, or if that knowledge will just fade away like your hairline!!!!

Man, hate to hear it, but congrats. Something I've come to realize in the last season or two is that when I was playin, I could make a difference in some plays every game. Now that I'm coachin', I can make a difference in every play!

Get at me!

Fan -

yes I was..Like I said..I am loosing it late. I did not really help that Dragon team much on the field, that team was so loaded w/talent as it was. But yes, I was there, and I had a lot of good friends there but the year was tough on me mentally off field, maybe thats why I didnt remember it too well. I had a death in the family, and a truck ran into my apartment ( yes, INTO ) plus I got very sick...

JT and Josh G were great teamamtes as well as players to me thats no lie.....as I said..I cant get at everyone, but I'm embarrassed I forgot to mention that year. That was an awesome team.

Hendricks

Wolf -

Hardee to the har har. You have really brought a good name to yourself and your team with all you've done up there.
You've been a class act from every aspect I've known you, disregarding your - uh - taste for pre game music. (I've still got Julio Eglecias Vol II for ya, dude)

I'll bee seeing ya this year though, gotta keep my eyes on the Ft wayne team as well as you guys. Plus I hear theres some new blood goin on in the MFL, so Ill be watchin...

Write anytime, Wayne!

Hendricks

and Fan...

Just a side note, Josh T started that Dragon team the same way Paul did with the Stampede. He had an idea to run a team, took it and did it. 1st year, all the way to the 'ship.

and I remember watchin Josh G almost single handedly stop a running game 3 years ago when we playerd together with the Pirates. The team we were playing was running up the gut, 7-8 yards pop, Josh was out at the time, injured. The coach sent him in as they neared our 30 yd line..Hurst and all..He made 2 tackles and forced a 3rd..the ball came back to us.

Again, that was a great team...

Hendricks

Man, I knew when we were at the dome that it was broken, but you had people telling you otherwise. I kinda feel bad for not saying anything. Oh well, looks like we can both stand around and watch for a while. Take care!

Whittaker

C Note, thanks...Wisdom is another word for old - but I'll take it.
And to be put in the same class as Javon and Redd, thats somn' to be proud of..Where is Redd now anyways?

You have come a loooong was, my boy...from specatator, to player, to shut down corner ( and I meant that) to business man. You are your bro are two of the best people I played with - not to mention your the only two who saw me blasted drunk more than once..

See ya around..Ill be back up to the Fort in a few weeks when I can walk again.

Hendricks

Yo Whit, are you gonna return? You looked pretty decent at the workout!

Yeah, Alot of them said they heard it crack all around. The GOOD news is I can actually stand on it now without pain and little swelling.

Of course, Jesse thinks its 'roids- all because I broke a mirror with my forehead - it was only twice, Dag!

Hendricks

I got some super glue and duck tape, why you giving it up old man,
Good Luck Frazier 72

frazier 72 you should come and play one more year with the titans

Hendricks,
You get a chance, email me. go2agym1@woh.rr.com

Coach Agee
Miami Valley Warriors

Frazier 72 has a Team, see you soon IFL QB's.

Frazier 72
"WE ALL WE GOT"

Hey man i would love to have that old leather helmet that you started you career with. Na really if you still have those films that we talked about ages ago would like to get them overla86@msn.com

overla

Fraz,

I broke my ankle at a workout a week ago..this was gonna be my last anyway so I figured to let 40 be the old 40 for me.

Overla - I gotta dig up those tapes, but I should have e'm somewhere..when I do Ill get at ya...

Coach Agee..Look for my email this weekend.