supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who are the top DB's in both IFL and MFL?

And what match-ups would be fun to watch? any team in either league.

-mark stevens (SB) v j. adams (MCP) (yeah i know thats me)it was fun then i think it would be fun now

Re: Who are the top DB's in both IFL and MFL?

I enjoyed watching Levi Griggs(Generals) and Shipman(Broncos) matched up during the entire IFL All Star game last season.

yeah, ship runs really good routes. kind of like ferguson i think that is how you spell it.

anybody that has played the longhorns 2 years ago and the mustangs last year knows that #5, dustin petre, is without a doubt a one of the best in the league. i am not saying it because he is on my team, i just think he is always around the ball, whether it means pass coverage or run coverage.

gross #36

As I felt...

Db's

Levi Griggs
Ryan Rhodes ( also played tail )
Dave Overla
B.D. ( Generals )
Anyone from the Dragons DB's squad of 2006
C Note ( Cards )
Dustin Petre
Tracy Shepard
Zack Hile

I would like to consider myself as a shut down corner! J Adams should know that!

without naming myself...
Terrance Sevion aka Pacman would have to be named along with David Vance, also the brothers of Hill always told me about Thunder and Lightening from the days of the Chiefs, then a hitter in Marshall Bowman. then Nick Anderson when he played some corner for the Tornados he was pretty good i thought. But at the same time it would be fun to watch Sevion and his cuz Vance go at it!!! Just some folks i've first hand... playing with and against over the years.

AS I WRITE HIS NAME LOOKY THERE!!! IM COMING BACK OUT OF RETIREMENT!!!

Adams, you definately count, but I never got to line up against you..

Sevion, you are right there also...I practiced against these guys for a year so I knew....and actually....One of our ex teammates has really turned into good corner..I forget his name, but he played WR for us ( the Pirates ) but plays DB for the Dragons now.

Hendricks

HEN, WOULD THAT BE DEVON SIMMONS??? IF SO YEAH HE DOES HAS SOME SPEED AND POTIENTIAL!!!! HE CAN JUMP TOO... EVEN WITH THAT HE KNOW WHAT HE NEEDS TO IMPROVE ON... AND FROM THE SOUNDS OF THINGS HE HAS DONE IT

Simmons, yes! That's him.

When you gonna start a "whos the best, old slow wideout who wears #83?" post? I GOTTA win that one!

Hendricks

there you go!!! you still playing

Nah, Im done..although I get requests to still play..for WHAT I dunno! lol

Hendricks

Hendricks thanks for the love man! I seen that robert redd of the MV warriors has NFL experience.... should be a great test for all the dbs in the IFL... I for one cant wait to go up against someone who has NFL experience... Tho i dont know how much he really has

Mustang #2
Zach Hile

Zach,

No problem..I give where it's earned.

Robert is a Phenom...Ive lined up opposite him a few times when he was a DB for COL. He is the real deal. Speed, strength, agile and quick. The only corner I ever saw hang with him was C-Note from Ft Wayne...although the zone we had in South bend did ok at times.

But as far as punts..if he's back there..just call him Devin Hester..DO NOT KICK TO HIM. ( Sorry Redd...but its a compliment )

Use your size the blanket him, Zach...It'll be a great matchup.

Henrdicks

oh yeah, i almost forgot about you hile. you are truly one of the more gifted athletes in this league. how can i forget about the hilenizer, hey this year though, bring your pen and paper to practice, so you can take some notes, because i will teach you and petre some lessons, lol

LETS NOT SLEEP ON THE BRONCOS SECONDARY!!!!!!!!!

haha gross! well if i move to outside backer you better make the slant non-existant! you will be watching the rest of the games on the sidelines! lol

thanks for the respect hendricks! your one of the most respectable players in the league and it always means a lot when you comment on people!

mustang #5 soon to be #1

I appreciate that Justin, as I said back in '05, your are one of the best.

#3, you KNOW your among the best, but you play Safety..so I couldnt list you in the actual DB area.although I gave you props last year.

Dag, I'm like 0-4 against you too!

Have I beat ANYONE besides my brother ( in Xbox ) in the last 20 years?

Hendricks

Woop, Justin...that's DUSTIN...

Hendrick

I think Petre of the Mustangs is the best corner in the IFL at this time.I only say at this time because i hear that he is moving to OLB,way to go Petre i think you will be awesome there with your speed and of course your new SIZE,must have really wanted it pretty bad to hit the gym that hard.

well thank you for the props but i dont consider myself the best corner in the league! i got one on my team who is at LEAST just as good as me in hile #2.. dudes a beast and lock down corner! whose the petre fan by the way?? but there are a ton of studs in the league who are just sick to watch! but bein 5'8" 190 i just can lock down receivers as well anymore! but anyways i do appreciate it and looking forward to the season! gonna be a great one! good luck to all!
mustang 1

there' all kinds of good db's in this league...broncos#3 is solid, generals #33, generals safety #21, basically the whole broncos secondary is good.......the mustangs have a couple good db's too...

i would have to say big ups to the broncos bd's they are tough.... i have a feeling that this year will be tough for every team in the I.F.L. good luck to the broncos and everybody else in the ifl