supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE WORST CONDITIONS

I'd like to know what was the worst conditions you ever played in.

I know I can speak for a of the Stampede when I say that back in 2003, We as the Stampede played in a Tournament game in Chicago against the Chicago Thunder in Demcember of that year. Blistering Cold -
No lie, it had to be no more than about 2-3 degrees.

Steve Zeller kicked a 40 + yd field goal in OT to give us a 23-20 win and a trip to a much warmer locker room.

I also remember that game because it was on Turf, and I had not been home to Hansen Stadium since '93 before then.

Hendricks

Re: THE WORST CONDITIONS

You would remember this Brian...

The year was 1998, the team was the Southbend Vipers, the opponent the Detroit Seminoles. The game began in nice weather then the rain came in the second half. By the time the fourth quarter came we were down 70-7. The rain & lightning ended up stopping the game with ten minutes left to go. Just when we were on our way to the biggest comeback ever...

Yeam, I remember that, lol--I mainly remember Dave L ( Wr - Vipers) Leaping grab and 70 yd TD when he outran the entire secondary of the Seminoles, And Robert Hunt's (Det QB) great game.

They had a DB nicknamed "batman" who was awesone too.

Hendricks

Batman...AKA Slyvester Jennings is now the owner of the Seminoles

Thanks Don.

Hendricks

Yeah, I think Dave made them mad for that catch.

Right,

Dave never got the credit he deserved for how well he played. Neither did Scott Patterson.

Hendricks

i would have to say the beating the vikings took from the dragons in indy... it was cold and rainy and i know even at the qb spot i spent most of the game on the ground and i did throw 4 ints that game so it was all blured into one big beating i think it was something like 50,60 something to nothing

The vikings and dragons game was a wreck. I think it was like 62 to 0 but you guys never gave up and showed a lot of heart. You guys will be so much better this year, you guys are going to get a few teams.

Didn't get to respond to this when i was posted but i would have to say there were 3 games. 8th grade in fort wayne rain sleet snow. And that was the first quarter and not exactly in that order. 2nd Championship game with the grizzlies. And third was a playoff game the last year with the grizzlies i had to play CB and i just stood there freezing in pouring rain. No passes thank god because i could barely see the lineman it was raining so bad.

Yeah I agree! The Dragons@Vikings game was by far the Worst Conditions I have ever played in. what a game huh?