supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
best coach you have played for

ok last topic who is the best coach you have played for?

Re: best coach you have played for

Without a doubt

Coach Zentz - Elkhart Grizzlies & Southbend Stampede.

Right on, Mitch, but I have a tie cause I learned alot from Coach( es) Hill, and that was WHEN I was a 15 year vet.

I learned about the real game from Coach Jim Nugent who coached our Dupage eagles teams. from '89 on.

And Downers Grove HS football Coach Belskis (OUTSTANDING!)

Hendricks

Brian,

I am hurt!

Bill Sharpe, Jimtown High School.
Go Jimmies!
I actually spent some time learning from a Concord graduate, but I didn't learn much.

(I know the joke is old Troy, but it's still funny to me!! Just kidding, you're good too.)

Whittaker

Wayne Perry, now FORMER head coach at Hanover College, and winningest college coach in the state of Indiana . The first thing that struck me, was when I show up for the first day of camp as a freshman...he had only spoken to me a short time during recruiting visits(most recruiting was done by offensive coordinator), and there were over 100 guys coming in for camp...he knew my name. He knew everyone's name. That meant something to me as a freshman, and the rest of my time there.

Troy, I only had a year w/ya, and I was hurt most of the time. You were definately the most fun, and as Ive told everyone, the only reason I played another year was you and the way you ran the squad.

Now if youda coached me when I was really a playmaker..then it woulda been REALLY fun.

But I think you wre only about 5 then.

Dont feel bad, I gave no props to Moses either.

Hendricks

For any Barons out there....

Coach Dave Schlemmer

DeKalb High School coach of 30 years. He never took the job of head coach, but he was always the most respected.

This guy created a football tradition at this school and still keeps it enduring today.

I'll give you a staff full of coaches that will put a talentless team in a game with anyone:

Piqua Coaching Staff

Bill Nees - Head Coach/D-Coordinator/Guards
Troy Ouhl - TE/OLB
Tony Broering - Offensive Coord/QB
Rick Krejci - ILB/WR
Rick Gold - Special Teams/RB/DB
Eric Barge - C/OLB

Some others to throw in:

Brett Colahan - O-Coord Piqua thru 2005
John Apple - Piqua O-line thru 2005

Any questions feel free to ask!

you forgot to mention Phil Lloyd OL/DL at Piqua

lol

I would have to say coach agee from the mv warriors he knows what hes talking about and has a great staff under him. I wish i could have played longer there than the off season... sorry jeff your good coach but not up there yet

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Rondell Ferguson of the South Central Broncos

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Dion Price of the Lafayette Lions

Dennis Morris
Long Snapper
South Central Broncos

Rondell is the man, he has a great mind, and is very open to listening to his players when they come off the field, and is a master motivater, and leads by example when he is on the field, and Im trying to get out of running at practice, lol , just kiddin Ron is a classy guy.

John Bushman, hands down. He loved football and loved teaching the game, and more than anything...Loved knowing who he was teaching. He had a different way of coaching then I have ever seen, But he always got a response. We all know we don't get paid to do this, But that man would put in some serious time on and off the field to insure that he gave us the best opportunity to win, at the game and at Life. I have played for many a coach, But I havn't nor will I ever see another John Bushman. I was lucky to have known him, i'm better to have known him. He is the reason we have the IFL

Bill Sharpe (Jimtown) This cat came to my Sr. Football banquet and gave a speech on how to be successful for the younger classman. This was after we won back to back NECC Championships, alls I can say is when he speaks, you listen.

John Jud, Definately the most essentric coach I have ever played for. Coached at Penn High school, West Noble and now at Fishers. Two of my fav. quoates come from him. "If you just listen to me, you'll be a better football player" and "Show me your war face and ill give you my battle cry" Guy was funny. Helluva coach, alls he would do is break down game film and play bond and we would win.

rondell hands down he gets the best of you every week

I have to admit Rondell is a very good coach!! I think he is one of the smartest football minds i have played for! I am excited this year. And i am trying to get out of running in practice...no joke...but you still are a great coach.

IN the semi-pro level i'd have to say Dane Hill has a great football mind, savvy... he has done alot and to work with some of the mind sets he has worked with... oh boy!!!

You have to say that the Carnes Family is awsome coaches. rrr-one rrr-two

Well let me see there was Hargrave, not bad, Zeb Sutton, haha enough said there, then there was Maloy. I'd have to say Maloy I never seen any 1 coach take on all the responsability, such as running practices, being able to break a player down, put guys in the right position to be able to get the most out of him, and do it in an organized fashion, and still be able to do all the behind the scenes stuff that come with running a team, props to Maloy and good luck at UC, especially against WC, we know you'll need it, lol.

Mike Kirschner, now Ben Davis' head coach
Steve Barrows, O Coordinator at South Carolina
Jeorge Munoz, O coordinator @ Anderson University

i would have to say that matt steele was a great coach i heard he was coming back,, but it just might be a rumor...

Dane Hill, his history speaks for it's self. Nuff said
Sam Quiroga
MC Pirates

I never really knew Coach Steele - but I admired allot that he did for the Broncos, even though I got tired of loosing to him as a Grizzly.

Ex Bronc's and Grizzlies remember that game in 2000, when we beat them something like 20-16 at our house. We ran for a bus load of yards that day.

But then we played them the very next week at their place, and they switched to a 5-2 Defense.

44-0, thier favor...sound like a good coaching job?

I also have to add the staff of the COL squad was another group that prepared their squads well.

And some Ohio boys BETTER speak up for Coach agee...a quiet man who speaks volumes for the game with his program.

Hendricks

Hendricks

THE central ohio lions

terry feicke-offense
mark brobeck-defense
both members of the hall of fame and both class acts, i've learned alot from both men.
the numbers speak for themselves.
washington cowboys
94 11-0
95 5-5
96 6-3
court house colts
97 4-6
26 14
the central ohio lions
LSFL
99 11-1
00 12-2
01 11-1
02 7-2
04 14-1
CRFL
03 11-0
MCFL
05 7-4
USFA
06 11-1
99-12
1/3 national postseason
6 undefeated seasons
7 leagues championships
national championship 2003
runner up 2004 , 2006
125-27

big tim
col 2003-2006
moj 2007 on

Tiny Lee and Wayne Wolf are the best in semi pro period. Just look at the record. In high school, and anyone in indiana can attest....Russ Isaacs is the best at snider high school..92 state champs boy. THE BEAST OUT!!!!