supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moving on

This is very hard for me to write but due to some coaching offers and other reasons the Indy Dragons will be folding for the 2008 season.
I know that I would not be able to put in the time with the Dragons that I have in the past.
The team helped me make up my mind in this, We had a meeting last night and they did not want to have a Dragons team if I was not coaching them.
I want to thank the IFL for letting us in for the 2008 season and Im sorry that we was not able to play this year.
I have had a lot of fun the past two years with all the guys who came out to be a Dragon. You guys are like family to me.

I did not want to see the Dragons fold in the middle of the season if i left and mess up the IFL Schedule. That would not be fair to the teams that we would be playing. So we did what we thought was fair to the team and the league. Good luck to all this year and have fun you never know when it will come to an end.

Re: Moving on

Now thats a damn shame...The Dragons are viewed by people in many different ways, but to end er before she set sail is mind boggling.You almost begin to wonder if they just can't take a L or get the personnel of old.Hats off to the Dragons, u guys were an outstanding organization for the short time u were together.So, where will the next Indy powerhouse be? Where the Dragons headed? Broncos winning tradition I'd say...

so where are all the players gonna go

tornados...
generals...
broncos...
pirates...

Well congrats man, I was looking forward to the chance of playing you cats. These damn Highscools must be loving the amateur league. Good look to the players finding a home, just make sure it's not the generals or the broncos, or the Cutters for that matter. Seriously, hope you guys get to play.

Dragons where just scared to play us again......Who Rock Shamrock

shamrock that was a stupid comment to make. the guy was just letting everyone know what was going on in his organization which is a very respectable thing to do. only a moron would post a stupid comment like that. and its were not where. idiot. i guess hooked on phonics didnt work for you

Well that put a twist on things for the season. Is this legit?

josh and jt Im sorry to hear that I would love for you and the team to come join us until you can get back on the field as dragons.call me.

J, Hated to hear u all were leaving the MFL.....Hate it even more to hear the team is folding. Both you guys are good men and I loved our battles. Best of luck to both of you and the former Drags in the future. I hope your families are well. Your pal in WAR....THE BEAST OUT!!!!!!

Jt and Josh I want to say I was happy to have gotten to meet you guys last year and our two games were really something that second game was the most exciting game I've ever been involved with. That game seemed more like a college game with the stands full and the game coming down to the last play.
Myself and the Cutter organization wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
I will also say that anyone from your team be it player or coach is welcome to get in touch with us and if interested join us for this season. You know our organization and what we are about.

this is sad to hear....i have heard nothing but great things about this org. and was looking forward to competing agianst a team of your caliber....i say best of luck in the future with your new coaching explorations.

most of the players are coming to the fuel.

Looks like the Fuel will be a stong team.

once again im looking for a team to play for....
im a wr 6'1 205... i played for the broncos two yrs pirates one year and the dragons (sad to hear we wont have a team)one year.... so if anybody would like to have another wr can contact me b-mo7@hotmail.com....

Hey it is tough to hear that ya'll are folding but it is something that happens. We wish you the best. Like all the other teams, if there are players that still want to play in the IFL give the Bronocos a call.

Bruce, Big Al said you can always come back to the Broncos if you want.

Give us a call Big Al's number is 331-4169 and my number is 523-2191, and check us out.

Contact the Generals - Troy Edwards (317) 748-0304. The Generals practice and play near and at Ben Davis High School. Solid organization!

Good luck to everybody finding a new team home!

Bruce, I hope you will give the Madison County Pirates a look before you make any decisions. We would love to have you back in a pirate uniform. Give me a call sometime so we can discuss If the Pirates are the team for you.
Sam Quiroga
765-278-1522

NO THAT NOT RIGHT most of them are not moving to the fuel

I find it very hard to believe that with the teams in the IFL that are so close ( Broncos and Cutters ) why would any player take a step down to play in the Earl Football League ( MFL ) The IFL is clearly a better more organized and better ran league where talent determines who wins not the League president. Before you lower your standards guys take a moment and think

yet it is a ifl team that folded.

well since they never played a down I'd have to still classify them as a Midwest Football League team you aren't a member of something until you have at least played one game. But then of course if that was the case they wouldn't have said anything just done like they do in MFL and forfiet games until you are ready to play and never mind having any consideration for the other teams as long as you have Earl the pearl's blessing

I don't think people view it as stepping down a level. I think people view it as what's best for themselves or their family. Does it really matter who has the best league??? I thought we all played for the love of the game. This level of football is hard enough to get started and keep running, let's just all support each other and be happy that there is other options. Would you like it if their was only 10 teams in the NFL?? It might get pretty boring after a while......Just a thought.

Sam Quiroga
Madison County Pirates.

ok I'm not going to get into a pi**ing contest on this allI was saying was simply this Earl is the problem with the MFL everyone knows this and he is the reason the Dragons Shamrock and Cutter teams left that league no secret there.He makes his rules as he goes and doesn't care who he screws over in the process. Refuses to allow a vote on league President each year ( he MUST be President ) thats all I'm saying here nothing against the MFL players just the leadership of the league.

why do you think he refuses to allow a vote. maybe nobody wants to do it.

Just a quick question for you there "like it is". Have you ever even played on down on the field or are you one of those pansies that like to trash everyone else. Have you ever met earl, or even played in the mfl. If so you must have been on a team that folded or you were just so bad no one would have you back. If not than what do you know. As for the Dragons they were an excellent team that I did have the privilage to play and I am sad to see them fold. You make claims but as far as i can see you are another no name just trying to cause issues. And as you see i did put my full name. CAUSE I AINT SCARED!!!

Damn that sucks good luck in the future to all dragons coaches and players.

I think I might know where many of the Dragons players will go. Check out: www.indianawarriors.com, to see who their new head coach is.

Hmmmm.....

that guy is full of shit and a liar! they puuled the same crap last year on the ifl backing out. this year it screwed the schedule up. real nice Josh Turdhune, what "high school" does that team play at exactly? You obviously have no sense of commitment and your word means nothing, you're a liar. the IFL should have known better than to give you another chance! its insulting that you thought no one would realize you lied to go to another team, ha!

Local football fan,
Unless you know the whole story, I would suggest staying quiet. It helps to keep you from sounding ignorant. J.T. had full commitment to the Dragons, and his decision to fold the team and coach the Warriors was a good logical choice when it came to the situation that presented itself to him. So please know what your talking about before you get on here and start bashing people and situations you know nothing about.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Classic City Crush
WWJD

He was close on his facts. And I would take loyalty to my own team over any!

What kind of dickhead would bash someone for trying to better themseleves?? JT great move..

there is absolutely nothing wrong with bettering ones self, the point is that you don't have to lie to do it. too many times in this brand of football people screw each other over. you know what it takes to organize things and when people commit, they should mean it especially when an entire league is counting on your team to participate and have invested their time in you. i'm real afraid of you pussy kicker, shut YOUR mouth and tell yer mom i said hi!

The Dragons applied for the IFL & MFL in 2006. At the time the league meetings was taking place on the same day. After talking to a few people we knew that we would get into the MFL, We did not know for sure if we would get into the IFL. The team was not ready for the IFL in 2006 so we went with the MFL.
We did not apply for the IFL in 2007, JT called Troy Edwards to see if it was possiable to make the move but it was to late.
I do know that JT is only helping with the warriors until the High School or middle school season starts.
Why am I reply'n to you when you are not man enough to leave your name. You dont even know the whole deal.

IT IS BACK YARD FOOTBALL...NOBODY GETS PAID..ITS ALL FOR FUN..IF YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE SO YOU CAN TELL YOUR FRIENDS YOU PLAY SEMI-PRO FOOTBALL, AND BRAG HOW GREAT YOU WAS IN GRADE SCHOOL, THAN ALL I CAN SAY IS "WOW"

Not that I have to explain anything to you "fan" but I will clear the air.
I have talked with a few schools about coaching. As of Today I am the RB'S & DB'S Coach for NorthWest. I knew that I was going to take one of the Job as a high school coach. I did not want the Dragons to fold midway into the season & screw up the IFL season. That would not be fair to the IFL as a whole or the Dragon players. I would have been running the Dragons by myself due to Gronberg work schedule. You can't own,manage,coach,fundraise and all the other things that go into a team by yourself and be a high school coach. The team did not want to have a dragons team with out me so the team & I did what was best for all of us.
As for the warriors I am coaching them my players know why and that's all that needs to be said.

Any team would be lucky to have JT as a coach. Congrats on the NORTHWEST JOB.

Acutally Coach Malloy did it for years, and did a damn good job!

Ah, the old I had your mom joke. Classic! In fact I think I heard one of my 5th grade students use that one. Still funny though. It still amazes me how people post with aliases, and can't man up. KICKER OUT!
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Classic City Crush
WWJD

I want to know who posted the message up there under my name????? It must have been someone that I have played with b/c they would be the only one's that no how to actually spell my last name. VERY FUNNY!!!!