supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question

Does anyone know if Comic book guy from the Simpsons has a 1st or last name on the shhow?

Hendricks

Re: Question

Wikipedia.....

A long-running gag on the show was never to reveal the character's name, with other characters referring to him as "Comic Book Guy". Finally, in the February 6, 2005 episode, "Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass," Comic Book Guy nonchalantly told Ned Flanders, "My name is Jeff Albertson, but everyone calls me 'Comic Book Guy'" . Show runner Al Jean remarked, "That was specifically done to make people really mad. We just tried to pick a generic name. It was also the Super Bowl show, so we did it so the most people possible would see it." Groening stated that he had originally intended him to be called Louis Lane and be "obsessed and tormented by" Lois Lane, but was out of the room when the writers named him .

Don,

You are a MECCA of knowledge and resource. Thanks!

Hendricks

Not really just spend all work day on the internet

Pretty Ironic that you ask this ? on a football MB and the answer relates to a Football skit of the show

Just to add to the awesomeness of Groening...I'm not sure if that is the same episode, but in the episode where Homer takes over Bart's little league team from Flanders...pay attention to the jersey numbers of Rod and Todd Flanders. They are 66 and 6...and they are always standing next to one another.

LOL!

I saw it but did'nt catch it. I also wonder WHERE Springfield is actually located, although my argument is that it is in Missouri, since they said during an episode where the issue was area codes, that theirs was 636...a Missouri a/c.

Anyone know what character Albert Brooks did the voiceover on a Simpon's episode?

(yeah, Im bored)

Hendricks

Brooks has made six guest appearances on "The Simpsons" (1989). With one exception, he has played a different character each time, and each time he has been credited as "A. Brooks."

My personal favorite.....

"Hank Scorpio" CEO of the Globex Corporation, Homers Dream Job

Hank Scorpio, YEAH!

"See ya tomorrow at work! Although I really wouldnt call it work!"

Hendricks