supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Longhorns?

Is it true that the longhorns have folded again? and why?

Re: Longhorns?

Football is a lot like stew. In order for it to turn out worth a damn, you need beef. We gave it a run again this year, but in the end we had the same problem as last year, lack of numbers, namely in the big boy area. I am sure that we could have put together 17 or 18 guys, played both ways and lost ever game this year, but instead we decided to call it a day, and each of us go help another team get better. Plus, with gas $4 a gallon, and Ligoneer being a drive no matter where you live, it just seemed to come together all at once.

There is one exception in the drive category i live about 2 minutes away but anyway that sucks. Hopefully the league will change the schedual and go back to 10 games.

Suggestion: 3 divisions

Shamrocks, Mustangs, Crush

Wranglers, Cougars, Warriors

Blazers, Generals, Cutters

Each division plays each other twice and play everyone else once giving us all a 10 game regular season and by keeping some games closer saving everyone a little gas

P.S. good luck shamrocks with the new additions it looks to create a great rivalry

We have 17 players.. but are always looking for more.... we have practice in Osceola IN.. 7 miles west of Elkhart...

We will be playing our games in the Lake Michigan Football League..

Thanks

Jay

the titans have some openings so if anyone wants to make the drive down 31 south laville elemtrey school or reply on gotitanpride.com tuesday at 7 pm and thursdays at 7 pm or call me 574-532-1771

The Crush have practice tonight at 7p.m. at the CCC. We will be indoors. Bring your helmet if you have one...if not, no problem.

Thad #73

If any of the longhorns are considering the mustangs give me a call 260-894-5146

Nightmare, where in Osceola do you practice? I live there and I have never heard anything about you being in this area.

Wandering Moose I'm sure you could hitch a ride with someone near you we could use some beef

This is the problem with Semi Pro these days, why start a team with 17 guys. You know your not going to make it. Even in a joke league like the Great Lakes. There is one thing to "tuff it out" there is another thing to know when to except a role on an established team and try to compete. Look at how many teams exist in a small area and why so everyone can start. Look at the good teams Eagles, Raiders, Seminoles they all have role players and not guys that go and start teams every other week.

I must say that I agree. I think that a lot of guys have a hard time swallowing their pride and accepting their role as a backup or a special teams player. Now I am not talking about everyone because there are some great guys that I have played with in my 10 years of Semi Pro, that just want to be part of a team and do whatever they can do to help their team. I know that this won't resolve anything, but I just wanted to voice my thoughts. Good luck to everyone and God Bless! And Longhorn players should really check out the Crush. They are a great group of guys that just want to play football. Just don't use many multi-syllabic words as they get confused easily.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Classic City Crush
WWJD

what?!?!?

I am happy for those Longhorns who are making the ride
to join the Shamrock. We are still in need of some big men but i think we have meshed well and will make some noise in the league.