supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MFL tooting their own horn

Seriously are there not better things to discuss about football but who is the best position players in the MFL. You guys think you are great well good for you. But seriously this whole who is the best is kinda of stupid since you can't win a game with out your team. So win the MFL championship then you will know who the best is in the MFL.

Re: MFL tooting their own horn

And if thats not enough to win a championship then have an allstar game or an All MFL Team. But please stop loading the board with this.

thanks "hot" rod, we'll take that into consideration.

Agreed. Its pretty annoying seeing all the posts about that crap... Pretty disappointing to see so many posts of guys basically trying to get their ego's stroked... Humility might get you farther than the MFL, you guys should try it... Just my opinion...

IFL Fan

Sep 8, 08 - 9:32 AM Who are the IFL contenders?

The next three weeks have HUGE games that will bring the contenders to the top and see the pretenders fall to the bottom. This is how I see it going this week and next week, let me know what you guys think. Wranglers over the Shamrock/ Mustangs over the Generals/ Cougars beat the Crush/ Cutters destroy the Warriors. Next week I see, Cougars narrowly beating the Mustangs/ Warriors beat the Wranglers/ Cutters kill the Generals/ At that point the Cutters(6-1) will be first, Blazers (6-1)second, Warriors(4-2) 3rd, Mustangs(4-2) 4th, Generals(4-3) 5th, Cougars(3-4) 6th, Wranglers(2-5) 7th, Crush(0-6) 8th, and Shamrocks (0-6)9th. That will set up a battle between the crush and shamrock for last place which the Crush will win at home. The Blazers and Mustangs will battle for the 2nd seed and will be won by the Mustangs. The Warriors and Generals will then fight for the 4th seed and the Generals will take it on the road. And the Cougars will win at the Wranglers where the will receive the 6th seed. Here is what the playoff seeding should look like. 1. cutters 2. mustangs 3. blazers 4. generals 5. warriors 6. cougars 7. wranglers 8. crush 9. shamrocks Let me know what you guys think about that?
VALID Email: smiles0728@hotmail.com

IFL Fan

Aug 25, 08 - 12:46 AM Who are the top linebackers in the IFL

You tard, that whole blah you posted from IFL fan talked about GAMES, not how big each--->parsons<--- many me marbles are in the MFL. I'm better than you, my cleats are better than yours, Who's the top cheerleader in the MFL, Oh yeah...well I had 40 solo tackles in a game, but the stats weren't recorded but i'm serious it happened. You better add me to your fantasy team cuz I spit out points like a baboon with a fluffer.

as a member of the mfl i have to agree players and some owners get on here ( i have done it a few times) lovwe to talk about how good they are but i wanna point out the really good teams and players never get on here and talk about themselves they just play and to me that is what makes them good so everyone put down your horns and left have fun with the games we have left this season. good luck everyone

thanks riot for agreeing with me i hope your season ends well

Seriously Grodich, if it bugs you that much... don't click on topics that that begins with "whos the best .... in the mfl". Quite simple, isn't it?

I don't click on them. I have to scroll thru them to see the real topics.

Pats are the best in both leagues. Look at the score from the Generals game for the Pats and the scores from their games against the Cutters. Its obvious. We'd be wasting our time to do anymore of these "challenge" games. The Bearcats and the Cutters should play to see who is second best after us.

So what you are saying is that the Giants should have never played the Super Bowl last year. I mean the Giants lost to the cowboys and the Patriots beat the cowboys, so the patriots already won the Super Bowl. Oh yeah that is right the giants ended up winning. That is why they play the game.

What you just wrote "Beast" is rediculous!!! Who is to say what teams don't DESERVE to play each other. You're trying to play games on a message board. Games are played on the field, not on a message board.

Generals and Cutters played in a mud bog!!! Nobody was going to put up big numbers. You guys played a very undermanned Generals team...don't know if that would make a difference, but that wasn't the same team that played in the IFL. By your "logic" why would there even be a playoff in each league. Just look at who beat whom, and by how much. Then it would all be settled. If I recall, the Patriots backed out of a preseason game against the Indiana Mustangs this year. Would that be considered a forfeit???? Oh no...that's a loss!!

You saying that the Cutters don't DESERVE to play you is like a team going undefeated in the WAC saying that a team that has lost one game in the SEC doesn't deserve to play them. It's just that...Wack!

If the Cutters and Patriots don't play, that's fine, but don't get on here and say they don't DESERVE to play you! That sir, is a rediculous notion.

No, not saying that. Im saying this game, though I wanted it since the beginning of the year, isnt the superbowl. Our real superbowl is at stake in january. This would be a game we would only take if there was a doubt in our mind as to whether or not we would win. Now, we know we would. It doesn't boil down to which league is better, its which representing team is better, and thats us all day.

we did play the mustangs in the preseason with 19 guys!!

good thing it was only a scrimmage cause it wasnt pretty.

WHOOOO.... You KNOW you would win?

Again, if you think like that, this past Super Bowl shouldn't have even been played!! The Patriots were undefeated, and they beat teams that had beaten the Giants. They had already beaten the Giants too. GAME OVER RIGHT???

Again...just say the game probably won't happen, but don't say you already know you would win, because you guys beat the Generals, and they only beat them by 6 points.

You're right though...doesn't mean which league is "Better". Just which TEAM is better on that day.

DESERVE never came outta my mouth "My God". Its not about who deserves what because if it was we would play them because both leagues deserve to see their champion represent them in some way shape or form. Just as ours will see us represent them in a national championship game. You're on another level with your analogy and its a level approaching psychotic stalker fan-ish so Im not going there with you. We played the Mustangs without our starting tailback, our starting QB, and half our offensive line plus others. WE scored on offense they didnt. WE shut down their Offense. They only scored on a turnover and special teams which we didnt practice before the game and they obviously did with the wall they set up on each. We accomplished what we wanted. And FYI, you seem to think these are the IFL mustangs when in fact its not. Its a team from a higher level of football. A sh*tload better than anyone else we've played. You're obviously not a player so I've already given you too much respect by way of a response. BEAST OUT!!!!!!

"We'd be wasting our time to do anymore of these "challenge" games." Sometimes you don't have to actually say what you mean. And I don't think the Generals challenged you...the Patriots asked if anyone would play them, since someone backed out.

Not sure about your psychotic comment. I'm just trying to get you to defend your reasoning. How can you predict who would win a game based on scores of two football games.

Oh, and I DO know you guys played the MCFL Indiana Mustangs.

I'm not saying the IFL is better than the MFL. I'm not saying the MFL is better than the IFL. I'm not even saying the Cutters are better than the Patriots, or vise versa. The Patriots beat the Cutters LAST YEAR...I believe teams change from year to year. I'm just sick of people getting on here trying to FIGURE OUT who is "better" with faulty rational.

Everyone knows this famous quote..."that's why they play the games." I sure wish this game COULD happen, so there is less to rationalize.

"So what you are saying is that the Giants should have never played the Super Bowl last year. I mean the Giants lost to the cowboys and the Patriots beat the cowboys, so the patriots already won the Super Bowl. Oh yeah that is right the giants ended up winning. That is why they play the game."

This is not the NFL and if the Giants were at this level of play or College level, those losses would have kept them from playing for a National Championship. Would the Patriots have played in Florida last year with a loss, would the Lima Warriors and Mid-Ohio Jets have played each other last year if one had a loss..... Not for a Championship which is what most undefeated teams are going for in post-season play. The Cutters are a good team but the loss limits you with the Patriots this season.

POINT MISSED!
BREATH WASTED!

Please reread my post about the Super Bowl.

He didnt quote you moron.

beast your a moron if you think the spread of the score of the patriots and cutters playing the generals would determine the outcome of you two teams playing. geesh you been on Are you smarter than a 5th grader? good luck einstein

Now the MFL is invading my threads.

"This is not the NFL and if the Giants were at this level of play or College level, those losses would have kept them from playing for a National Championship. Would the Patriots have played in Florida last year with a loss, would the Lima Warriors and Mid-Ohio Jets have played each other last year if one had a loss..... Not for a Championship which is what most undefeated teams are going for in post-season play. The Cutters are a good team but the loss limits you with the Patriots this season".
So only undefeated teams are playing in the post season? The Indiana Tornados have 2 losses and are in the final four of the NAFL tourney. Playing for a CHampionship. The Indiana Mustangs and Elkhart Shamrock both played in the Mid-states tourney last year. Both had losses on their record.
So Oklahoma and USC should be elemenated from Bowl championships since they both lost already. So by your logic LSU 2007 12-2, Florida 2006 13-1, Oklahoma 2003 12-2 and some others should not have been in a national championship.
Oh yeah this is not for a championship. This is just a game between two league champions. The national championship invitation was just announced.
So yes there are other teams playing right now that are not undefeated. ANd they are playing for a championship. Which this game is not for. I hope this clears up any questions you may have.

The national championship invitation was just announced on here, but they said in another thread they were trying to decide which one to enter, which means they already knew about it. If there are undefeated teams to play, then yes all those teams you mentioned should be on the back burner. You never answered his questions about whether the Pats, Warriors or Jets would have been playing in those games with a loss. Point is, the Pats have another trip to Florida to prep for. If the Cutters were that good they would be going.

"The national championship invitation was just announced on here, but they said in another thread they were trying to decide which one to enter, which means they already knew about it".
So what is your point? Are you reaffirming what I said? They just announced on Supa's site,not this thread, about their options of entering the NFE tourney or going to FL. Also the discussion was brought up before option announcement was made. So the question to your logic is that if the Pats already knew about the game in Fl and needed to prepare, then why play the Generals last weekend?

"You never answered his questions about whether the Pats, Warriors or Jets would have been playing in those games with a loss".
Probably not. Since they are invitation games. Everybody wants to have two undefeated teams to be playing in their game. Makes it look better to the sponsors. But then we can get into the argument about just national champions on paper.
"If there are undefeated teams to play, then yes all those teams you mentioned should be on the back burner."
So Idaho, Utah, and Ball State should get a shot at the national title rather than Oklahoma who's only loss was to the #1 team (Texas)?
Look the bottom line is that the only way that this would ever be settled is if both teams played this year. That is not going to happen. so we are just throwing sh@% in the wind. So let's just leave it at the Pats are the MFL champs and have a possibility of being National champs again and the Cutters are IFL champs, because no amount of talking is ever going to settle this argument.

"if the Pats already knew about the game in Fl and needed to prepare, then why play the Generals last weekend?"

Wolf already answered that. They had a scheduled game against the Wolverines, a proven powerhouse team, but they couldnt make the trip and didnt want to waste a scheduled game with the school.

And why should a team that has lost 4 times in the las 2 years be owed the opportunity to play a National Chapionship team that hasnt lost in the last 2 years?

The above comment posted by Hannah was NOT made by Corey.

The pats have lost to the the Indiana Mustangs in both 07-08. the pats just dont put it down as a lost. Now lets be real. The pats are not even close to being the 2a NATIONAL champs. They are getting into these touneys becuase the know a guy who can hook it up. Just ask Tiny. Stop the BS. The cutters would beat the pats down this year. You keep talking about last year and this and that but the fact is the pats beat a good cutters team in 07. The 08 cutters team is great. I think the pats are a real good team. The pats are NOT playing for a national championship game this year just a bowl game.

Remember those GMFL Rankings? The Cutters were Behind the Patriots, Stampede, Blitz and Bearcats most of the year.

Hey fan , good point. We did lose to the Mustangs in a preseason scrimmage game and our national ranking reflects that! Whether we agree with it or not, it stands.
As far as your comment about asking "Tiny", have fun with that. Guy Lee was in no way affiliated with the Patriots this season, nor does he represent any of the governing bodies. If anything, our prior affiliation with him, was a detriment to our standing this year. Sour Grapes and all that.

Whether the Patriots or the Cutters would win in 08, I guess we will never know. You have labeled your team as great, that is your opinion. I personally would never call my team great, we will always have things to improve on. However, i have said before on this site that it would be stupid to think that ours, or any other team, would go unbeaten forever but we will not apologize for being good at what we do.

If you truly are a fan of any particular team, by all means support them in whatever way you feel appropriate, but until you pad up for that team and put in the work, or make the sacrifices that the owners, players, and coaches make. Don't try and boost your team by putting down another because I guarantee you don't truly understand what it is that makes a team "GREAT"