supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retiring

Well It has been a good run. But all good things come to an end. It was an awesome experience playing in this league and with all you fellow football lovers. I have met some amazing people because of this sport and this league and I am grateful for all those that I have come to call friends. Since being in this league since its commencement, I can appreciate the great things this league has accomplished. I know for a fact that with the dedicated teams and their representatives that this league will only continue to grow. I would like to thank all my fellow KC Mustang teammates past and present for a great team experience. I would also like to thank any player that I suited up against. Thanks for the battles. My decision to retire from playing football comes after my second knee surgery and the realization about just how brittle my body is. Although this is an early end to my playing days it is also an early beginning to my coaching days. Most of my fellow Mustangs can support my claim to always wanting to be a football coach. And now is my chance. I am privileged to say that I am the new Defensive Coordinator for the K.C. Mustangs.

So instead of doing battle with you physically, now I get to kick your ass mentally.

Thanks You
Tyler Anglin

Re: Retiring

Never met you, don't play in your league, but I wish you the best. Those of us who are getting up there in age understand and appreciate how lucky we are to still be doing this. The decision to retire is always a tough one. It's good that you still get to be involved with what you love. Best of luck.

Bill Bosworth
ECW

Best of luck to ya man.

and i was a 51 year old rookie. LOL Best of luck
i understand the knee thing. As many of you may remember i played this year to play with my son. He also hurt his knee the first game. Which he had hurt in high school and college. I enjoyed it and you still might see number 51 suited up and on the sidelines next year. ( I just hope I dont have to play as much the old body can't take to many more hits you young bucks dish out)

good luck with ur new coaching deal Tyler. It was always a fun time beeing on feld against u and the mustangs!I think u may be the only player i know to have gotten kicked out of an allstar game also lol! that was bull crap thou! Good luck with coaching and all u do Tyler!!

i know your going to have a defensive package called D&D...(i would) lol

For Sure!

I can see how going through knee surgery twice would make you retire...my only question is how's it going to feel coaching people to do the job you've done better than anyone I've seeen play your position since we started this thing? I know you will be a great coach and hopefully this will be the beginning of moving up into a coaching position you can actually call a career (if that's what your goal is). I have had many thoughts of taking a coaching position but I just can't let go of the chance of being on that field trying to make a difference. I know coaching makes a difference at every level but for a player who can still have an impact like I know you can, will this satisfy you? Either way I'm proud to have you on our sideline and I know you can make a difference at either position you choose.

Anglin, you 'tard. How is anyone going to take you serious!? just jokes, truth be told...outside of GI Joes and dungeons and dragons, Tyler is actually pretty damn intelligent. Kind of catches you off guard when he busts out in this highly random intellectual debate. It was fun playing ball with you bro. Everyone knew how good of a linebacker you were, but I enjoyed practicing against you, when you practiced! It's one thing to go against a big linebacker and another that can read EVERYTHING. good health to you and good luck in coaching. Hopefully you get a HS school gig in the future.

Tyler
to say you are one of the greatest linebackers I have ever played with or coached would be an understatment. I would go as far to say the best pure football player to walk on the field in the IFL. we will see what type of role reversal you and I can have I heard you need D-style back on the "D" that you are now coaching....Call me 260-615-2619. I know from the Richardson and Mustang Player you are a true pleassure to watch on the field and one of the best teamates I have ever had in any sport!!!

I think you are stupid.

(Just didn't want you to get a big head with all these compliments).

Water Sucks!!!!!

and my team too.

Thanks everybody for your kind words they mean a lot to me. Blanton I am flexing my coaching muscles already because you just found yourself 3rd on the LB depth chart.

Good thing we play at least a 4-3

Blanton plays for the wolfpack now dude. Like totally!