supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Serious injurys in IFL

Were there many serious injurys this year in the IFL? I mean like season and career enders. Plan on playin next was wondering if yall sorta watched out for each other, since we all have to work on mondays.

Re: Serious injurys in IFL

As long as cut blocks are legal in any league there is always a chance for injury trust me i am still feeling it from 5 or 6 weeks ago.

we as the wranglers was decimated by injuries before the season even started we lost 6 starters for the season before it even started

During my 7 year experience at this level, I suffered the following:

Ankle sprains
Broken Nose
Broken Pinkie Finger
Bruised Sternum
Eye Contusion
Hamstring pull
Hip pointer
Jammed Finger Joints
Sprained MCL (Grade II)
Torn MCL (Grade II), PCL (Grade III), Fractured Tibia*
Various scrapes

*I decided to retire after this injury

Injuries I would classify as serious I have witnessed:

Broken Ribs
Bruised testicle
Heat exhaustion
Several concussions
Severe cramping (player was hospitalized and received IV)
Various knee injuries

I would suspect that most players have suffered or seen similar events.

Out

I’m not an ifl player but I tore my ACL and meniscus in 7/07. I had reconstructive knee surgery 9/07 and return to play in 7/08.

Thats my biggest fear, a major knee injury. I worry some out of shape lineman is just gonna fall into my knees the first time I give him a studder step.

In my opinion, for the most part, injuries are something that one can not worry about. You start thinking like that and you are bound to get hurt.

I have seen a knee injury occur by a guy simply making a cut. It was a non-contact injury.

My major knee injury was a result of a "horse collar" tackle. It was not illegal at the time. Even so, I blame myself for not following my instincts.

If you are worried about getting hurt...
dont play....
those who worry about getting hurt have better chances of getting injured...

AFLAC.....

If you truly love football you wouldn't be so worried about getting hurt that it upsets your decision to play the game or not. If your heart is in football then play, If you are afraid of getting hurt stay home. IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

Its not always that easy Cutter fan. I played 7 years and still love the game, however unless you are a kid fresh out of school and have no family to support, you will eventually have to ask yourself if the risk of a injury is worth not being able to work should something happen. I banged with the "Big Dogs" for seven years and still could have when I retired but couldnt risk it with a family to support.

Retired, Yeah you have a point. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who may want to find out about injuries, but if you want to play then play. If you are looking for somebody to tell you that football is safe and you will not have a chance of getting some type of injury, I don't think you are going to find that. If you are looking for reassurance about injuries then you do not need to play. Oh yeah, by the way who did you play for? Just wondering.

Finished with the Pirates when they were in the IFL.