supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2008 All League team

On behalf of the M.F.L. I would like to congratulate all of the following players for making the 2008 All League Team.
Offense
QB. #10 Justin Miller/Riot
RB. #28 Tommie Isom/Wolverines
RB. #40 Joe Carpenter/Wolverines
TE. #13 John Walser/Riot
WR. #6 Jermaine Taylor/Vikings
WR. #1 Sol Allen/Vikings
C. #63 John Jackson/Pirates
OL. #44 Justin Crew/Stampede
OL. #72 Jarrod Sampson/Wildcats
OL. #77 Joe Alvizar/Riot
OL. #76 Sam Beachy/Cardinals

Defense
DE. #95 Matthew Gaddie/Pirates
DE. #20 Mark Wissman/Vikings
DT. #65 Solid Witaker/Patriots
DT. #92 Eric Kendall/ Bearcats
OLB. #53 Jack Shepard/Bearcats
MLB. #59 Will Day/Blitz
OLB. #24 Dusty Mitchel/Patriots
DB. #2 B.J. Edwards/Blitz
DB. #3 Chuck Buckhanon/Patriots
DB. #5 Courtney Martin/Cardinals
DB. #23 Rodney Eldridge/Bearcats

Kicker #87 Alaynah Weisend/Blitz
Punter #56 Brian Davis/Bearcats

Re: 2008 All League team

This is a joke right?

The people in the offensive scoring positions have a COMBINED total of 218 pts and a record of 5-30.

That less then the top 4 teams in the MFL by THEMSELVES.

NO way, no way possible this is the all league team.

That is unbelievable!! That is just wrong!!!

This has to be a joke.
We have the top RB #29 Darrin
the top WR #82 Troy
as well as one of the best(if not the best) D's in the league but yet we only have one All League Player on here.

HAHAHAH GET REAL

This is crazy the Patriots don't even have a player on the offense. This isn't right at all.

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE. YOU GUYS MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT ON THE O SIDE.

No, haven't you read about us all year? Our O was weak,(I blame the coach) and our D is what kept us in every game. I mean, we were only able to average like 5 points a game from the O, we will just have to step it up and try and do better next year.

That's OK though, D wins championships!!!!!!

wow if it is true it is crazy 6picks 2returned for td's 4fumble recoverys 2 forced fumbles and a sew of tackles and deflections as a FREE safety... but if it is true then congrats to those that were mentioned.

Jeff Adams #33 FS Pirates

Ok, I know everyone thinks this list sucks. So let's see what the players think. Let's seperate this and make this North and South. You know who is good, you played against most, so give them their props and put it on here. We can count the votes on here and only players who put their name, number, team played for up with their vote. Call it the Players All Star Poll. Try to vote for only one position per divion. WE CAN DO THIS, YES WE CAN!

Tank Walters and Adam Subler should be on this list!!!!

Well, I can see one thing wrong already. Brian davis was the kicker for the OHIO RIVER BEARCATS and not the punter. I was the punter, Jack Shepard #53.

Come on- Player Name, Number and Team. Not just name please.

North or South
Offense:
QB
RB
FB
TE
WR
WR
C
LG
RG
LT
RT

Defense:
DE
DE
DT
DT
OLB
MLB
OLB
DB
FS
SS
DB

Whoever selected this team has some interesting insight, but there's no way that the Patriot QB and the Stampede RB don't make this list. Not to mention the lack of O-line from the championship teams. No FB position. And there are no players from the Stampede on defense. No disrespect to the players on the list, they're all great players, but it's hard for me to take this seriously.

Who is the Riot? I never even heard of them...

Brian davis is our kicker, not punter
Rodney Eldridge didn't play but 2 games as a db
Other than that, from the other teams has a be a joke...

This is a joke lol

I think I understand how this team got picked, and I believe it's just a flaw in the system rather than anyone's fault.

It's my understanding that after every game 4 players were chosen from both teams after the game, and the players with the most votes would then make up the all-star team. I think the reason the list is made up primarily of players from bad teams is because there are less stand-out players on those teams. For example, the Riot may have only had 4 good players, so those 4 players would get the votes every game. Whereas, the Pats, Stampede, Bearcats, etc., may have had 14 or 15 good players that would share those votes. So, at the end of the season the players from the teams like the Riot would end up with the most votes.

Not having Justin Wilkerson on this All League team is just wrong. Just my opinion. All that have played with "Goldburg" or against him would agree. If this is the real All League team, congrats to all that were chosen. Once again...just my opinion.

Those players from the Riot were also on the IFL all-star team and Pistol was the game MVP in one.

I guess I didn't mean to single out the Riot like that. I just meant to point out the reason why the team is comprised of mostly Riot/Wolverine/Viking players.

Chad thats exactly right. when you are a great player on a bad team you tend to stand out. But people need to lay off the QB. Ive played in Semi-pro for 4 years now and for what Pistol #10 did with such a horrible line week in and week out is amazing. Ive never had a qb that literally had no time to pass the ball and still get it to me with the accuracy he has. Yes he has been to a few all-star games in the IFL. Im not saying he is the best in the league but hell just think what he can do with a line. thats why im glad hes with the Phoenix now.

WOW !!!!! Hey, I talk much but and no dis respect to anyone on this list but can you tell me why some of the stampede players didn't make this list. Over the season I marked down the votes for are players and the teams that vote for them. Not all should be there but I know more than one and the one who made it only played that pos. for one and a half games he was are FB.

29 Darrin Douthit had 8 votes for RB with 8 rushing TD / 1 by air
33 Monie Hughes had 8 votes for RB with 7 rushing TD
17 Clay Tolliver had 8 votes for QB with 13 TD vs 9 INt 981 yards
82 Tory Summers had 5 votes for WR with 15no.522yds 9TDs 1EXp with four plays over 80 yds for TDs and @ more called back.
52 Gregory Johnson had 5 votes for LB 43Tac,3Sk,2Ints
44 justin Crew had 4 votes for FB and 1 vote for Ol
21 Jay cross had 4 vote at DB with 7 Ints for 78 yds and a 40yd fum rec for a TD

And I know that there are other player that should be on this list from other teams.

My God Bless all that you do that is good
KC

For Tory Summers that should had said two more called back. Sorry for the @

QB - #17, Clay, Stampedes and #4 for the Pats
RB - #29, Darrin, Stampedes or the fast guy I think his number is #24, Bearcat
FB - # 45, Bearcat's
TE - #19, Shane, Pirates and #10 Riot
WR - Troy, Stampedes and # 5 Pats
WR - # 2 Devon, Pirates
C - Big dude from the Cards and Bearcats
OL- The o-line from the Bearcats and the PAT, plus Tom and Brandon, Pirates.

DE - When he played #49 Josh Hooten
DE - I think his number is # 99 or 92 from the Cards
DT - That bad little dude, #44, Pirates
DT - Joel, Pirates
LB - #53, Justin, Pirates
LB - Greg, Stampedes
LB - Tony, he just want to kill someone, Pirates
CB - the Stampedes, I don't know their numbers and the Pats, I think they are # 1 and #2.
S - # 6 from the Pats and Jeff Adams, the Pirates

Coach - The Bearcat's and Pat's Coachs

This isn't the all-star team for the MFL.
That isn't going to be announced until February from what I've heard. And I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be North vs. South.

Also, if the MFL all-star game isn't going to be until next year, then they might as well not have since the league is going to have a very different look next year.

That being said, screw it. I kinda expected this much disorganization after what I saw this year.

alright,alright....
QB-Pats 4
RB-Darrin 29
Fb-Bearcats
Te=Blitz 83
Wr-Stampede 82,Pats 1,Cards think 1
Oline-Pats 57,63
Blitz-52,Cards 50,Vikings 1 guy

Defense
De-Blitz 91
De-Wildkats 51
Dt-pats 95
olb-98 cards
mlb-24 pats
mlb-59 pirates
olb-9 blitz
fs-21 stampede
ss-2 blitz
and thats the squad...

I would have to say the safeties for the Stampede as weel should be voted in. I believe his number is 13 or 40 something and our rb #5

Congrats to everyone who made the all league team. Just a suggestion for next year have a mfl north and south all-star team.

just to name a few: pats 1,2,4,6,12...cardinals 3,92...blitz 2,5,75...and a lot more players should have made the team.

i may be bias....but i know that there should have been many more pats plays on that list...we truly have some amazing athletes....some that we only used on defense that could've been allstars on offense

None mine, but thought I would throw my two cents in. I think going game by game is bogus. If it's going to be decided by non players, then you need to do it as a complete season. Each game coaches should jot down thier desicions. Before you reflect on my statement above, calm your tampons... at the END of the season thier should be a league/ All-League meeting, I include both because you should have a meeting at the end of the season to discuss the prior season. During this meeting you go position by position with each coach volleying for his chosen player, in the end..a player gets voted. the other option is to involve the players, these are the cats going to war and beating eachother up every saturday. It makes sense to do the first option. It's really not rocket science, High Schools have been doing it this way for All-conference/ All-Area for years. Just don't do it half ass, take care of your players. Honestly, it's not that hard

BY THE WAY,the way this "all league team" was voted is a disgrace to every guy in the league.No way in hell should anybody from Vikings,Wolverines,RIOT be included.Bottomline.Best player at any position is the way it should've been voted.Regardless of team minimums or whatever.Disgrace....

The names posted are the results of an experiment, an attempt to try something different that has not been done before. I believe that this experiment did not produce the exact results that hoped to achieve. This is by no means meant to dis any of the players on this list. For them to receive the most votes to be names they are either outstanding in their position or leaders on their respective team and to that they should be recognized.

To achieve a true all-star based on talent you would need multiple non-bias members able to watch every team multiple times and have available season long stats. This is amateur football. Not college, not pro.

This experiment we undertook is for not, I believe a lot was learned from it and improvements must be made in order to continue this endeavor into the future. I have attempted to create my own all-star list as was stated on this message board Wednesday night. I noted the processes that I took, the errors and problems inherent in the system, and made a series of recommendations for the system in the future.

Its my wishes that we can act on these recommendations and work toward a better list quickly. I am of believe that while football is a team sport, individuals should earn recognition when deserved.

I am appreciative of being named to the list, altho I feel that many others from my team need to be named before me such as safety Jeff Adams, MLB Justin Wilkerson, DT Eric Jones, TE Shane McGuire, and DE Matthew Gaddie. All these men deserve to be on that list before myself.

who the hell is jaws

I vote for HEMI. His system sounds like it would work. But putting name in a hat and pulling them is better then what has been done this year. I was really looking forward to seeing a MFL all-star game. If the IFL could do it we can too.

I know our safetys were #13 Blake Kennedy and #42 Jeremy Morris there was no #21 at safety and what about O-Line J Goode and Josh Cox and our Linebacker George

First of all congrats to all players listed. Second I do beleive there should have been some pats on offense especially their qb. Third this is an all league team for an adult amatuer football league in which every player pays and plays for the fun of it. To say that players from the lower ranked teams should not be recognized is just stupid. No offense to any other team but if you go out and play every game then i beleive you should get some recognition. The wolverines never forfeited a single game. in fact we played over 5 quarters in one day to keep from forfeiting against the blitz. I agree with the idea about the flaw of a few standouts for the lower teams as being the problem and believe that that should be handled and fixed for next year but to say they are are any less deserving is just rude. its not their fault you werent good enough to get mentioned if you even played at all. again congratz to all the player mentioned and ill see you guys next season. just look for me in the trenches. ECW out!!!

Thanks Jaws for the props!!

I, too, feel this system needs to be re-done for next year. Usually, in most leagues the top teams have the most All-Stars with a decreasing number of All-Stars coming from the lower teams.

Congrats to those listed!! Have a great off-season!!

Doc Thor #95 out!!

I do agree a few more people maybe could have been recognized but to say that people from "lower calabier" teams shouldnt be recognized is wrong...
with that being said i think that thier maybee should have been more pats on offense seeing as they are the 3 time defending champs now... but that just my thoughts....

Solomon Allen
WR,RB,SS,Captian
Miami County Vikings

Well when its all said and done I think i deserved to be on there soooooo..... I cant speak for everybody else but I thought my performance was good in every game that I played. But Congrats to the people who made it.

Tommie Isom
#28 Wolverines

Well give yourself a big pat on the back then. I am truly impressed you made this all star team. Congratulations!

I hope that wasn't really Tommie that posted that.

Isom,lets get serious bro...when you played the blitz you had negative yards and got hit up with as safety.You have nice speed,but prolly 6 or 7 best back in the league...Toledo,honestly has to be although darrin a nice year.The mans a workhorse and controls the chains.

You must be crazy I never ever had negative yards in any of the games this year so get real my nigga you aint better than me so dont get it twisted cuzzz. Im one of the best so get it right nd dont forget it cause yo weak ass wouldnt even show ur name.Cause Like I said even though my team didn't do shit this year I couldnt be stop but thats why its a team sport.

T.I. #28 Wolverines

watever you didn't even finish the last game against the Patriots. and in the first game, you had 1 good play.

I heard your guys sayin that your team only had 2 goals this year 1. Win one game 2. Score a TD against the Pats.
Congrats for accomplishing your goals, way to set the bar so hi!

I hope you break yo arm while you are pattin yourself on the back...

This is a joke. I figured that whomever scouted this list didn't come to any single football game within any teams to be honest. I see a few up that works on this team but come on. I kinda look at it like a Pro Bowl team minus the subs. So, my question is whenever somebody gets injured, I guess we throw an offensive key player into the game? Come on now. I PLAYED in the Championship game against the PATS and somebody puts the RIOTs QB in front of the PATS? I have a game film of that game and trust me, I seen a lot more talent up there than what is posted on this list? When the riots played, their QB stood no chance against our D-front let alone any others. That's why they were one of the least scoring teams in the league and one of the first ranked on points scored against. To the QB of the PAT's - you know where you stand. u are good

no credit to yall LEFT TACKLE.. 1st yr playin oline only let 2 sacks go past and #48 snaggle fr playing with heart

English please!

when the riot played the bearcats that was week one... at that time, the riot had 3 guys on the offensive line that were 160 lbs or less..... that is a fact

No disrespect but you might want to check your facts. First off it was week two and you were the home team so you should be strongest there. Secondly are the bearcats supposed to feel bad because you didn't recruit very well? It's not their fault that you didn't have big guys up front. Quit complaining and get more offensive linemen for next year. Maybe then everyone can see if your QB is truly deserving to be above the Patriots QB.

Well, i will start by saying i will be the first to say i should not be on this list.I was the kicker not the punter,so good job this year shep#53 love you man.This list is stupid,you should play because you love to play not to make a list.I play because i love football.i never played football before this year.I kicked so yes i played that bad word soccer.I have to young boys that play football,so what better way to be a role model for them then to play the sport myself.So before you guys get on here a bitch about a list that dont mean crap,look back to why we play,not to be on a list because we love the game.

week one for the riot not the bearcats... i know my facts. no one asked you to cry for the riot cuz of the recruiting, that wasnt the point here. and the riot are no longer a team.... know your facts

Yeah we didn't do very good recruiting, but Pistol is definately one of the best QBs around, I was the only legit OL we had the entire year and ask anyone we played he constantly had two even three guys breathing down his neck every play but he still made play after play with his feet and his arm, the guys got heart, I mean he was supposed to have surgery last offseason on his throwing elbow but didn't so he was playing about 70-80% without an OL, and for him to even make that retarded list speaks volumes!!!! But the Riot had a lot of issues, that is why a lot of Riot players are going to the Phoenix, if we can put a solid OL in front of him next year than you'll see why he is deserving of being on the list.

FYI/dick...

None of the guys that were on the Riot O-line weighed 160 pounds during the Bearcats game. If they do, then some of the laws of physics must have changed. Get your "Facts" straight.

Secondly, the Pats QB was the best we played against. Now, if your QB was hurt or had people in his face the whole year, that's fine. But he still didn't do enough to make me think otherwise.

That's just an opinion of mine, and you can take it however you want.

our quarterback played with a seperated shoulder after the third game and didn't miss a game sub deserves to be on this list period

If thats the case then out safety needs to be on the list since he played with a broken shoulder the last couple games and finished off the bearcats game with it broken in half. I will have to stand behind him if we are going to look at things this way, and he had a hell of a year also.

did your safety win the championship too? i didnt mean he deserves it cause he got hurt i mean he is the best in the mfl

well since my name is being brought up, i think ill just give my two cents on the subject.
I know that i wasnt even in the top 3 in the league this year. I cant even say im flattered to be on the list. I mean, i appreciate the ppl who voted me in, but im no dummy i know why im on there. I dont feel like i even did anything good this season and im not gonna throw any excuses out there. The guys I played with know the story of the 2008 season.
but i do want to throw this out there since it was brought up... justin henry was my center in games one and two. 160 lbs.

This is why all-league never works. There are no impartial people who watch all of the games. I remember in the old GRFL and subsequent FFL, Coaches and Owners tried to make agreements to vote for each others players.
In College, the selections were based on where your team placed in the league. While they were not first team and second team they were like all-pro status. You did not have every position filled, but the people who the team thinks deserves it. For instance, let's say a team finishes 5th, they get 7 picks for the all-league. They pick their 7 best players and that is that. Some positions are not filled, but the players that the team thinks deserve to be there get hte recognition.
The All-star list should just be for a game. Split the league and have every team get the equal numbers of picks.
Just the rambling thoughts of an old man

and wut about #25 the stampede De/olb/spt/ss not to mention only 5'10 185 pounds stats
20 tackles
4 sacks
5 fumble recoverys
1 forced fumble
2 interceptions
5 blocked punts

blah blah blah....the all league team isn't what we think it should be and i should be on the list and not this guy and blah blah blah.....who cares....all of you that think that you should be on the list are ridiculus.....i made the list and if anyone asked me if i deserved to be on the list i would immediately say know.....who cares it's just a damn list....but i bet since i made the list that next year i will be in the NFL....duh...personal recongition is stupid....everyone knows its a team sport and says it's a team sport themselves....then when a list of the top players comes out it's no longer about our team it's about me team....what a joke....i don't deserve anything or any type of an award cuz i would have been shit without the other 10 guys around me....they just made me look half decent.....I'm proud to say i was on a fantastic "TEAM" !...anyways i just wish most of you could go back to the third grade and discover what that team concept meant....who cares about awards the championship is all that matters.

Dustin Mitchel #24 Adams County Patriots

Just for the record 37 yr old Rob Morford played LG at 5'8" 185lbs. Boggs was 6' 170lbs Ward was about 5'6" 210 Ramos 6'1'' 205 none had ever played OL. Not complaining or anything just pointing out the facts. Myself at 6'4" 315 and Whitesel 6'3'' 275 were the only true linemen we had. We looked like we were going to have a solid unit that could compete but regretably so a lot of them quit because of Henry, oh who by the way like Pistol mentioned also played OL at 6'3" 160, can't expect to do much with that kinda protection. But its in the past and I'm lookin forward to hopefuly the indoor tourney then the 2009 season with the Phoenix!!!!

Is football a team sport? Yes. Can every team win the ship? No. The Pats are the champs, but does that mean the whole team are allstars? I think that the Pats have shown that they have great chemistry and great players that stands out above the rest, which has made them a well rounded team. But there isn't there players on every team that stand out above the rest? With that said, who out there, that goes out and give 110% each game and stands out above the rest, would not like to be acknowledged? Look how many great players in the NFL played their entire career and never got a ring but went to several allstar games. Yes, winning the ship is every teams goal, but it's a fact that only one team can win and if your team doesn't, does that make those great players out there less then and Allstar?

yes olskool i have to agree with you but, my point was to the players coming on here and asking why they didn't make the allstar team....and to them i say that's exactly why....check your attitude if you want to be an allstar then you have stop thinking about how great you are but what you can do to better yourself to make your team more productive....for those of you that think you should be on there then in my opinion you don't. just because you're good doesn't mean much....allstars are above just ability....it's about what you contibuted to your team and that's what makes an allstar stand out....not someone talking trash all game about how much better they are than you but someone that will go the extra mile to help their team succeed....in my honest opinion an allstar will make a play to fire up the team....but not turn around to the opposing team and taunt them after he's done it.....that's not an allstar....that's an individual...an allstar will knock your lights out and then reach a hand done to help you up and smack your ass cuz he has respect....not stand over the guy he knock down and watch him get up....and an allstar will gladly shake hands after the game and leave it all on the feild....that's what i was getting at....and that's what makes an allstar an allstar

Tommie i agree you were the shit. but like you said its a team sport. you start as a team and you end as a team. and i would put joe carpenter before any fullback in the league. man is a beast. he never got stopped behind the line. he was a workhorse for the wolverines.

Can this thread just die already... the list is BS and the system is defunked. I am working on a new system to propose to the league board in Feb.

JJ for MFL president. It's time for a change.

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Brandon Jacobs
TE - Antonio Gates
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Terrel Owens
DE - Dwight Freeny
DE - Julius Peppers
DT - ALbert Haynesworth
DT - Kris Jenkins
OLB - James Harrison
OLB - Joey Porter
MLB - Patrick Willis
CB - Antonio Cromartie
CB - Nnadi Assombaghio.. thats prolly not spell right
FS - Ed Reed
SS - Bob Sanders

first of all tom brady is hurt and shouldnt be there it should be collins from the titans, second of all where is the love for d. ware from the cowboys. he has the most sacks right now in the league, and he won the gobbler last night.

D.Ware is a beast ill give u that but idc if tom brady is hurt hes still the best QB in the league.. but if u wanna go by this year then its favre, brees, or maybe MATT RYAN!!!!!!!!! and yes collins is doin good to