supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
League rules? Across the board

Short and sweet. Just my take... 0 disrespect to any team or their way of doing things either.

When I'm done with the season. I'm exhausted and burned out from practice and traveling and games. I just want to watch some TV, concentrate on my career, play some over due xbox games. I'm thinking there are some that want to be with their families, spend extra time with kids, the wife etc. Just basically go in vacation mode.

Yet... it seems like about a month after the IFL's last game its sign here, play for this team, recruit me, play here, combine here, work outs here, meetings now. And it seems like the time is growing less and less of an off season to more of a transition. Shoot the Mustangs didn't start practice until June last year and here it feels like I've got to load up again and get at it.

Don't you think we should have some dates in place that states if a league ends here, no one can sign before X day, no one can have a meeting before X day, no one can have a practice before X day. To give some people a chance to rest?

I don't even want to think about things for '09 yet and it seems like teams have rosters set in stone already.

Re: League rules? Across the board

That doesn't mean other guys don't get excited about the next year as soon the season's over. If you don't want to be real involved, the fortunate thing is that you don't have to--you can do as much or as little as you want.

Hope things are well buddy.

I believe that most items you indicate here are player driven versus team driven.

The next issue is league timing. The first driver there is expansion consideration. Experienced league execs. by now know that there are only so many opportunities to "reasonably" meet and not place undue demands on league personnel.

The next driver on the list would be fund raising. If things have not changed, the IFL (like the CRFL also did) will have the first installment of league fees due by a certain date. Also, there is a timing constriction with regard to ordering custom uniforms and having them "shipped to" by the time they are needed. Therefore, most things having to do with team finances are going to be "commitment related" either by players remitting player fees or participating in fund raising events. The more players involved, the sooner you can meet your team budgetary objectives.

The very nature of the two activities mentioned above also has the unfortunate effect of creating a recruitment frenzy. Most leagues typically have some sort of "informal" recruitment agreement but this is not usually adhered to. As a "rolling stone gathers no moss", most folks soon get involved in the "free-for-all" so as not to lose out on possibly picking up a few key players.

Another issue to consider is that there are a lot of people that do not take what I call the "burnout factor" into account. They keep pushing the agenda i.e. practices etc. earlier and earlier. The cumulative effect is what you described as decreasing the "off-season". It has a more immediate effect on guys that are married or have a significant other and possibly kids. They tend to "hear about it" from their significant others. The effect on single guys is not as complicated but it is still there. They begin to notice the loss of "free time" to do things like ride their bikes, hunt, play video games, chase tail etc.

It is quite amazing to me that players that "push the agenda" begin to experienec a lack of commitment toward the latter part of seasons. This is particularly so if the team is not winning. Unfortunately, in most cases, they fail to consider "player burnout" as a factor. Inexplicably, they then determine to begin the next season EVEN EARLIER.

Out

First of all Todd Martin what the hell gives you the right to say anything about the way the Mustang organization has been, or ever will be ran. Considering last year you became a big vag, and pretty much quit half way through the season. Shut the hell up about my team, don't bad mouth the Mustangs.

What ? are you serious? I took a 2nd job and was working 70hrs a week to try and pay bills because I lost 40% of my salary at my 1st job due to market conditions. I was doing the team a favor by not coming to games because I thought it was unfair for everyone that my commitment level was not up to par. I told SID that, he said he would tell everyone. Everyone should have known. Wow - if you need any more details I'll sure provide them but this should not be a shock. I am in no way shape or form disrespecting OUR organization in the least.
Call me..

You gotta take care of family first 54.

the only thing i hope the league really fixes is the scheduling.. i HATED the 3-4 bye weeks.. and just made the season longer but thats just one thing id like to see fixed

Your a class act matty. Way to get on here and publicly diss a current fellow teammate. These team issues should be takin up on a private person to person basis. So mister 54 player, have you ever quit in the middle of the season for the mustangs in the past? I think you have!

It's obvious the stangs are having some issues right now...1/2 the team leaves for a new team, people airing their dirty laundry on a message board....not good.

lol, you would be wrong in saying that I have quit in the middle of the season. I was thinking of not playing at the end of my third year, meaning after the third year was finished, but my fellow teammate and friend Shaun Craft talked me into staying on. So if you do not know what you're talking about I would stay out of the conversation. Thank you and hush it.

"Half the team left to go to another team" !?!? A FEW left that are replaceable. Granted, a couple of them would be nice to have stayed talent wise but they are not Irreplaceable. In all actuality, it is probably best that a couple "key" individuals did leave. They were as much of a distraction as the amount of playing time they got. I think our Mustangs are better off in this deal. If these guys could learn to to just play football and stay out of politics, understand the meaning of team, coach, owner, player and teammate then they would be great additions. Until that happens...good luck whoever gets them.

You are right mustang fan. I hope those key individuals don't ruin that next team. Wait, I left too, oh no, were you talking about me? Were you talking about Gross? Were you talking about #36? Were you talking about........You know what, it doesn't matter. Andy and I both have had a our conversation and there is always 2 sides to every story, no matter what the story. People are always going to make a big deal about something, just so happens this time is about us(Wolfpack and Mustangs).

GROSS

Matt did you just get a computer or something? Why you on here all of a sudden? lets keep everything calm, no one is trying to disrespect the mustangs or any other team. Don't let people push your buttons and I will see you Saturday at the tryout. You will need to be there to get tested like the rest of the returning players.

Tyler Anglin

After seeing Matt54 play we know why he talks spit on the puter cause he can't do it with his pads!!!!!!!!

At least I am man enough to state my name, and I don't hide behind my computer sissy.

All callings, if your gonna talk smack about someone, be a man, and not a little girl, tell me your name. Yes I was talking smack to Todd Martin, but at least I had the common curtisy to tell him who said, fag.

Guys it's ok - Matt has never liked me since I came to this team. Not a big deal.

Anyone have anything else useful to say about the topic at hand? (ADHD forums tend to veer off course)

Out of respect for Mr. Anglin the last post I made will be the last. Not that I'm afraid of hurting anyones feelings, just out of complete respect.

Just so everyone knows. Matt is the brother of the owner of the mustangs. And obv thinks its his right to talk shit about everyone, including current PLAYERS ON HIS OWN TEAM!. I dont think alot other players on other teams could get away with this sort of thing unless of course your brother is the owner. And you feel you are above everyone else. I can only imagine some of the things that went on in mustang camp, with egos like this dominating practices and games. The players who left, left cause they had another option. The players who stayed most likely dont. You matty needs to STFU, cause you have made a complete ass of yourself on here and embarrissed your organization.

Please someone from mustangland get ahold of this clown and tell him to hush!

Out of respect? If it is true that you are related to the owner and he hasnt told you to shut your mouth after your first rant, you are going to lose more fans. Good job of making the Stangs look bad.

You guys might wanna calm this shit down.

it is really sad that these posts are dragging the good name of the mustangs through the mud. I gotta say this is really bad for the team.

the mustangs used to be a respectful, well-run, classy organization. If I were some of the upstanding players on the team, I would be ticked because right now the mustangs look like a team of redneck jokes....maybe losing too many championships will do that to you.

Ladies and Gentlemen

I apologize for anything that has been said on this message board by anyone that is associated with the Mustangs. I do not typically get on this site as I am a very busy person and do not find the time to get on here and see what is happening. I have asked all of the players of the Stangs to stop posting on this site about what is happening between the two teams. I recieved a call this morning about the posts that were going up and this is the first chance that I have had today to check this out. With that being said, my brother is his own man, we typically agree to disagree on most subjects, so what he does as well as anyone else on the Mustang team I can not comepletly control. All I can do is request that the players not participate in the junk that goes on here. Also, I hope that this does not leave a bad taste in anyones mouth about what the Mustangs are about. Some of our players are upset becuase they feel that the players that are leaving are essentially slapping them in the face and are taking it personal, which is a typical human reaction to something like players saying that they do not want to play with you anymore. To call the Mustangs a class less organization off of one persons rants on Supafan's message board is probably a little unfair, don't you think. Todd Martin, give me a call man, or hit my e-mail, I have missed you.

So, in conclusion, I would like to wish everyone out there in Supa land, the new Wolfpack included, a Happy Holidays, and a safe and productive offseason. Go spend time with your families, the 09 season will start before you know it. That means you too Gross!

Andy Crisp
K.C. Mustangs

WOW!!!!!!! Yep! Just a bunch DUMB lunch box rednecks Hillbilies.

Hey next time you vote- go democratic, don't vote republican. Its because of dummies like you Obama is in office. The Dummest loosing team ever
(K.C. Mustangs)

hmmmm? Sara Palin must know the mustangs players.