supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Updated info on the snow bowl

Some of the snow bowl rules are and not limited to.

ACTIVE DATE for the Snow Bowl January 17th, 2009

Fee $300 per team. We'll be giving out trophies to the top 3 teams.

THE FIELD

A field is 30 yards wide and 50 yards.

THE EQUIPMENT

The official football is the same size and weight as the National Football League ball.

THE PLAYERS AND FORMATIONS

Eight players on the field; 20-man active roster; four-man inactive roster.

Four (4) offensive players must line up on the line of scrimmage.

Three (3) defensive players must be down linemen (in a three of four-point stance). One linebacker may blitz on either side of the center. Alignment is two (2) or more yards off the line of scrimmage. No stunting or twisting.

Offensive motion: One receiver may go in forward motion before the snap.

Timing

Four 12-minute quarters with a 10-minute halftime.

The clock stops for out-of-bounds plays or incomplete passes only in the last minute of each half or when the referee deems it necessary for penalties, injuries or timeouts.

Each team is allowed three (3) time-outs per half.

MOVEMENT OF THE BALL AND SCORING

Four (4) downs are allowed to advance the ball ten (10) yards for a first down, or to score.

Six (6) points for a touchdown.

Two (2) points for successful run or pass after a touchdown.

Two (2) points for a safety.

PASSING

Passing rules in 8-on-8 tournament are the same as outdoor NCAA Football in which receivers must have one foot inbounds.

OVERTIME RULES

Overtime periods are 15 minutes during the tournament.

Each team gets one possession to score. If, after each team has had one possession, one team is ahead, that team wins. If the teams are tied after each has had a possession, the next team to score wins.

Re: Updated info on the snow bowl

what teams have already said they are entering this?

The wolverines are hosting this? It will be in Detroit?

Where does it say this will be held in Detroit?

The East Central Wolverines are hosting and it will be held in hartford city, in

We will be hosting this in Hartford City, IN. We have several teams interested in this. Pendleton Pirates, Richmond Pheonix, Randolph County Ravens and a couple of others. I've also been in contact with Coach KC of the Stampede.

It doesn't say Detroit anywhere. You are right, but there is a Wolverine team in hardin county up in Michigan. Just wanted clarification on the level of competition. thank you

you're welcome have a great holiday everyone.

need some contact info for the ravens or phoenix about the snow bowl

John Walser owner of the Phoenix. You can Call (765-546-2002) or email jwal13@yahoo.com.

Not that it means anything to this topic...
but I'm pretty sure that the Hardin County Wolverines are out of Kentycky

They just have similar helmets to that college team in Michigan...I think they still play football in Michigan

Justin Henry 765-546-9975 email: randolphravensfootball@live.com

What time does it start, is it a one day event and how many games will each team get to play?

We're looking at starting it at 10 or 11 am. We'll be having 2 games going on at the same time.

Double elimination... Looking at it being a 1 day event.

I believe the Hardin County Wolverines have changed their name to Kentucky Wolverines and the WCW has changed their names to the Metro Detroit Wolverines. I don't think there is even a Harin County in Michigan.

so u will play atleast 2 games and up to idk like 4 or 5 and its 12 minutes quarters and its all in one day?

I am all for fun in the snow, but lets be honest with ourselves. Double elimination tourney with 12 min 4 quarter games in 10 degree weather and full pads during the off season?

I suggest a modification or two or a line full of ambulances ready for 2 of every 3 players that participate.

How about 2 ten minute halves?

How about 7 minute quarters and 10 minutes half time with single elimination. This was my original idea. This other was other peoples ideas that sent me info.

10 minute halfs would be a great idea also. Team fees need paid by the 10th of January

IF ANY TEAM NEEDS A DL IN ANY OFF SEASON TOURNAMENT GAMES PLEASE LET ME KNOW........gamergod317@gmail.com

If you are going to do a double elimination tourney, i would do the 10 min halfs.
I have a question, will there be a place to warm up between games, and will there be heaters on the side lines?

yes... we're trying to get the middle school gym, but haven't heard anything from them yet. yes we're looking at trying to get kerosene heaters for the sidelines

how about some salomaders