supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Generals?

I haven't seen much about the Generals. Any news of what's on tap for next season?

Re: Generals?

Nothing new except getting ready for next season.

thats not true, i have heard big things are coming for them.

Oh yeah, like what? What big things are coming for them?

the only thing going on with the generals is that theyll be a competitive team again. troy has stepped down and the board is gettin the financials together for the upcoming season.

sorry to disappoint but thats all thats goin on with them.

I hear there might be quite a few new additions to the already good Generals. Already looking to be another great year in the IFL!

If everything goes the way I heard it, the Generals will have some new faces around. I have first hand info. about this, but I'm not at liberty to say what it is. Good luck to all this next year, and I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday season.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
WWJD

That's cool to see that new players could be coming on board. I think they'll be a good team next year. It's too bad they came so close this season, but I think they'll be the team to beat next season.

Does anyone know when meetings/call outs will be held?3

Players are great but what about a coach? I heard that our coach is done,is there any truth to this?

If Troy and the existing coach aren't there how can it be the Generals? It sounds like this could be a problem. Let's hope they don't rename themselves the Dragons! Just kidding! The Dragons were a good organization.

Long time members of the team are on the board and are assuring the success of the team.

from what i hear they wont be called the dragons but........ will someone just make the post???

If someone knows something the players have the right to know. Who is in charge of the team now? Who will be our Coach? Are we leaving the IFL? Look we all want to know these things. I heard we was going to the MFL, is this true?

The team is not going to the MFL. I can tell you that.

Well we were in negotiations with Charlie Weis to take over as head coach for the 2009 season, however Notre Dame would not buyout his contract... Buzz around campus is that he wanted payment in the form of McDonald's double cheese burgers(quantity unknown but estimated at 54 million units of said burger, which comes out to roughly 2 Charlie Weis years worth of 100% ground beef goodness) and as you all may well know they just raised the price on McDonald double cheese burgers from $1.00 UScurrency to $1.39 UScurrency... Notre Dame could not afford such a buyout and tried reasoning with the disgruntled head coach into a buyout of McDonald's new McDoubles(double cheese burger minus 1 extra piece of cheese) valued at $1.00 UScurrency... Charlie Weiss was uncontrollable and had to be restrained by the Hamburglar and Ronald McDonald himself... So since they could not reach terms with Mr Weis he was renamed head coach of Notre Dame next year... sorry Irish fans

Oh hell just tell them. The Dragons put in some real hard work for the team to be back in 09. Things did not work out in their favor so they did what was best for them and us. The dragons have joined the Generals and JT is the coach. We don't care if you like it or not. Players if your not in shape and you don't want to work hard don't come back becuase JT is going to turn this team around. There everyone happy.
Generals I know that he is already putting some cardio together for us at Butler. Never been but i have been told that it's really hard. Getcha Popcorn ready the IFL just got a little more fun!

awww man you crushed my rumor!

This is an interesting turn of events. I'm not surprised after thinking this was a possibility but whatever.

Generals players didn't do carido and they expected to succeed? What's up with up with that? You can't win by not doing carido, it is football not sumo.

CUTTERS BETTER PACK A LUNCH,THIS WILL BE A TEAM TO RECKON WITH

This will be a fun year. JT is one of the best coaches in the area. He knows how to get the most out of his players. They all respect him. I am telling you this. If you're not ready to work your tail off, you won't make it on this team.

Cardio...
Does it come with Cheese....
Fries????

Just a fat lineman curious

I just want to throw the ball a bunch... Since everyone told me not to run in the games cuz i might break my leg again does that mean im exempt from cardio??

Nope. You'll be right there with us. If you're worried about your bones, start drinking alot of milk, it does the body good. BTW the Charlie Weis thing.... frickin hilarious.

Dave Clawson

What is the maximum number of players a team can have on its roster in the IFL? Are the Generals staying in the IFL or are they moving to different league?

If anyone has more news on workouts for the Generals, post it. It would be good to know for people interested in playing.

The IFL does not have a roster limit. As for the workouts that will be up to JT. He does not come on this site that much anymore but I know that he will post the details very soon.

speaking of players, question for the generals webmaster, or whoever oversees their website. why do you guys have a contact section for interested players if the team doesnt back in touch with you? I would like to play for you guys but havent got back a response.

The website/contact information is in the process of being transferred to the new "webmaster". When did you sign up? Everyone who has signed up within the past few weeks should get a response within the next week.

I do not know this JT guy but it seems like he bounces around a lot. Is he loyal to anyone or just himself? And do not give me any crap about you have to take care of yourself first or do not give me any crap about posting my name.

JT is very loyal to his team. Anyone that really knows him knows this is fact.

one of the hardest things i have had to to do in semi pro ball is tell one of my closest freinds jt that i would not be playing for him this year with the dragons. i talk to jt almost every day and i know what he brings to the table. i would not even know semi pro ball exists if it werent for him. he brought me along to play with the dragons two seasons ago. showed up on a tues practice and i was starting at middle linebacker that sat against their rival broncos,after not having worn pads in 6 years(was strait run over by bobby and kurt the first 3 plays). i worked my ass off for that team and made alot of good freinds. i had never worked so hard to play football in my life until then. generals i hope you guys like jumping hurdles. get used to it. your first 45 minutes too hour of practice will be cardio. i wish nothing but the best for jt and all the guys he brings, my freinds to the generals(except when they play us) theres no dount in my mind it will be generals agaisnt cutters next year in the championship. hey, i gotta stay confident in my team. so to all the generals players, your getting a great coach and alot of new freinds. good luck and cant wait to suit up against all my buddies next season.

cam.....why you got to be counting out the teams from the north.

haha no dis respect meant toward anyone. good luck to you and your new team next year. im not dumb, i know you guys will def have a very strong team. anxious to see if and what new teams apply to the league this year.

Just wanted to say thanks to Mike Cameron for your words. Spoken by a true champion! For those of you that want to play for the Generals next year keep up the dedication! The only way to a championship is through hard work! The next board meeting is next Tuesday December 9th. If you wanna know what was on discussion or have any questions about the upcoming season feel free to give me a call. I have a feeling things will be very different next year! (317) 833-6046. Stay focused and work your tails off. The off-season will be over before you know it! Good luck to all teams in the IFL next year....and hopefully the championship will be brought to Indianapolis! GO GENERALS!

When are we getting started?

The Generals?

I thought JT was going to get a coaching job at a prominent high school.

I am not at liberty to discuss things that have yet to be voted on. Give me a call on WED. and I will share as much knowledge (to Generals Players) as I can. I am glad to hear the excitement and dedication in your voices....keep it up and good things will follow for the Generals organization! Thanks for your concern! As far as the JT rumor....nothing has been voted on and as a board member, we havent even discussed this option. But a lot can happen in one board meeting!

from what i was hearing is that mike and bruce are going to the generals with jt....

no disrespect to the general qb number 9 but jt will be bringing a new qb with him. might wanna start looking for a new job.

Mr. New General,

With all due respect if you're going to be a General this year please leave your name on your posts. Otherwise I will be lead to believe you are someone from another team just trying to stur the pot. Please leave you name to give your posts some credibility.

As far as the quarterback position along with all other positions on the field, all positions will be open for competition. No one from the previous years Generals or who those who are joining this year have a "lock" on any particular position. If you want to start, you'll have to earn it. That includes coming to practice and coming in shape and ready to play ball. I know Patrick has no problem competing for the starting QB job because he knows what he is cabable of doing. Also he's a football player and I know he believes that competition makes you a better player. Let's be honest, everyone should have to compete for a starting job if they want it.

I know we will be starting cardio up at Butler soon. If you want to compete for a starting job I suggest you be there. Bring your water and come prepared because you WILL get a workout in. It all starts now.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

There will be a lot of talent of the Generals this year. The Best players will play. If Pay moves to WR so be. If Pat is the Starter so be. I cant wait to get started.

Dear New General,
Your words are annoying and unsatisfying like a stiff chubb in the morning... Im glad you were able to take the time out of your busy schedule(hey, my errand boys gots lots to do...)to say such ignorant remarks to motivate me to work harder, and for that you must know we will all consider you my #1 fan... With that said you may now get back to building me a website and promoting my new LP thats dropping next year(it's gonna be dope!) As Borat so elegantly puts it...High-five, you like??

Dave, aka Undertaker,

What more can you provide in terms of the workouts at Butler? (Cost, times, etc.??)

It's good to see that this post has received a lot of views and posts.

AD

I'm excited to be playing this year again without the headaches of owning or coaching. JT and I talk everday about what is going on.

Cardio at Butler to begin real soon. I'll give you overall of what will go on there, though it may make you think twice. You have to want to challenge yourself and be the best you can to show up. It will be difficult and tough and you're not going to want to come back. You will throw up. You will find out what kind of character you have and what you're made of.

You can expect to run the stadium many times, frontwards, backwards, sideways, squatting, running walking, jogging. This is the first quarter.

You will do sprints, hurders, ladders, ropes. This is the second quarter.

There will be the parachutes and the rubberbands and the domes. This is the third quarter.

Theres the hill. Front, back, side to side. This is the fourth quarter.

Oh yeah, theres overtime too. Lets do it all over again.

Hope to see a lot of new teammates at this.

There is no monetary cost for this either guys. Its all your time and effort. Do bring plenty of fluids and dress for the weather. This is rain or shine.

And of course the big hill.

Gronberg pretty much covered it all. Hope to see you there sometime. It might be going on this weekend. I'll put a post up when plans are finalized stating date and time.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

glad you guys know what a stadium looks like...
form your team do your workouts and keep to yourselves...
if i wanted to run to canada i wouldnt talk about it on here...
just my opinion

One should realize that in order to form a successful team, communication must take place. Whether this is the forum for doing so or not, it was your choice to read this post and comment on it. Whether your team or organization does it otherwise; those who might be interested in the particulars of this mentioned organization need to be informed of these workouts and preseason conditioning. This, I believe, is the forum for doing it. This isn't a personal ad in Nuvo, it's a team forum for those who are interested in doing something to make an organization better.

Yes, if you were actually capable of running to Canada, I'm sure someone, somewhere would be intrigued...

AD
canada isnt that far away!
and who the hell are you AD doesnt tell me doodoo
wooooohhoooooo
go generals hand them the championship because they have hard practices.... damn it man they havent even been through one yet and either way what team doesnt have tough practices

Kurt36

Kurt, you've been trying to impliment Individual Beer Bong Drills into practices for years haven't you???

Congrats JT!!!!

Congrats Jt. When you get a chance give me a call. 413 9941

Can we change our LOGO? We can have a real cool logo.