supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A-11 Offense

OK - Let's talk some football!

Is it possible to run the A-11 offense within our system of rules?

Not familiar with the formation? Go to http://www.a11offense.com

It looks very interesting but may not be legal in our league. Any opinions?

John Shean, Defensive Coordinator
Indiana Cutters

Re: A-11 Offense

Depends on what your league follows when it comes to Rules....
IF they use HS rules...its legal...
College/Pro...not legal because postions have to have certain numbers..

with the A-1 all the players can be recievers but only 6 can be eglible per play....

now in NFL rules if your number isnt elgible you can declare but you must declare before every play...

not an official, but thats my outtake on this..

There is not enough guys on the line of scrimmage. And if there is then someone would be covered up. It looks like you we need approval from the governing body of your league to use it i.e IFL MFL IHSAA

I like it and it looks fun but if you would incorporate it you would have to completely sell out to it.

i brought this up for the wranglers last year when we were struggling offensively(understatement)...never really followed through too much with it to see if it was legal in the IFL though

If leagues wanted to allow it, it would be as simple as making a rule change with the officials. Remember, they work for you- any rule changes you want, they will enforce and enforce consistently.

I would love to see someone outside of high school take a crack at this. My sense is that well implemented, it could give opposing defenses fits- for a while, at least.

coach sheen this a 11 offense is called the pole cat here in indiana my team used this often against bigger teams i lead the state in receiving both years untill the end using this offense the faces on defense when you do this is priceless. but like supa said we would have to ask the league since we have blended rules with ihsaa and college rules

I'm not to fond of this A-11 offense. Whatever happened to lining up and hitting people in the mouth. There is no such thing as a fill in the blank offense. Every offense is a concept designed to achieve a result. Whether that be score in bunches or clock management. I see a few teams running this A-11 and the new wild crave of the "spread", which by the way is the definition of a concept offense. I graduated from a school where we ran the ball 95% of the time, and somehow that garnered us 4 state championships in a row.

Offense is about execution flat out. I think Denzel Washington said it best, "I got 6 plays runem like novacaine"

I wish I had 2 more hands so I could give the A-11 four thumbs down

we ran it in the IFL in 2006 i believe...
if Matt Steele is out there he could clarify i think we called it "CATPISS"

Kurt36

Kurt is right, Catpiss formation was really something!!!!

Kurt 36

Hit the Gym Sucka, Frazier 72

WHEN RU GONNA BE AROUND INDY NEXT... WE ALL NEED TO GET ON THAT BEER BONG AGAIN...

FUCK THE GYM SUCKA!!
KURT36

You got my # just call I think we need a Large Size beer bong 4 beers, maybe 6 this time.

Frazier 72
Hit the gym Sucka's

that offense is garbage, i hope the MFL/IFL wouldn't allow that bullshit to be ran on their fields.

Well - I just thought I would start a thread that focused on football.

When I was a freshman in high school we ran the single wing offense. My school had won 2 consecutive CIF (California) championships with that offense. The offesne was based upon power at the point of attack and blocking angles.

Time - and the rules - have progressed. Now you can block with your arms extended and the nature of offense has changed. I suspect that offense will look quite a bit different in 100 years. Or, teams will recylce offenses from days gone by - all with the idea of giving defenses trouble.

I may ask our head of officials if the A-11 is legal in the IFL.

the ifl runs on high school rules with some modifications of college and pro rules. as far as i know the rules in the IFl it would be legal, but if you dont have a #between 1-49 or 80-89 you would have to report to the white cap to tell him that you would be elligable. we as the wranglers did look into it last year but we noticed it would take a lot of displine to run and knowledge of the rules of who can be on the line and who would be able to recieve the ball something however we wasnt capable of so we threw that idea out!! there is however an offense we are familar with is the polecat and that is where the center qb and rb are alone with the ball one reciever to the right and the rest of the line to the left with a backfield behind them you also could keep a te beside the center but it would defeat the purpose of keeping the center elligable if the te lines up to the side of the lone wr

The offense can be ran in the IFL. We ran it in 2006 aka "CatPiss" and it worked against the Thunder when we ran it. You just need the right coach to implement screens, runs, and down field passing to keep the defense on its heels.
The big problem is that a team would have to have good numbers at the wide receiver position or at skill positions to really be affective. Also, Practice TIME is a big factor.

Rondell Ferguson
AKA "The Black Bill Walsh"

we had plenty of skill players so that wouldnt be the problem...practice time however...maybe we can have that with new ownership and methods

I dunno Rondell we might have to grab up Stephens and create an all black coaching dream team under 30 of course. Lol, but no seriously I think you hit the nail on the head in the mentioning of practice time. You can run any offense you want if people make the commitment to practice. You can be an "offensive guru" and come up with all the schemes and strategy you want Monday through Friday, but if only 12 people show up to practice, come gameday you find your self having to just line up in the I formation and pray for the best.

Whatchu talkin bout, Rev? That sounds kind of familiar! lol