supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Patriots Cancel Sunshine Bowl Appearance

Due to a lack of available funds, the Patriots will not be able to make the trip to Folrida to play in the Sunshine Bowl.
We were unsuccessful in our attempts to raise an adequate amount of money through either fund raising events or with sponsorship.

We wish the event organizers the best of luck, and apologize for this turn of events.

Re: Patriots Cancel Sunshine Bowl Appearance

Wolf,

If your guys are game ready, we sure could use a tune up to work the rust off?

Kentucky is right next door so travel here shouldnt be too costly .

If so, let Shaun know.
Thanks
Hop

sorry to hear that....was looking forward to meeting you guys

Then that means you guys can play the Cutters to see who the real champs are, right? I am sure most people still want to see this match up. You could have played them weeks ago and use the money from the gate, to get you to the Sunshine Bowl.

Like the $200- $500 made at the gate will cover the cost of all the plane tickets for a trip to Florida.

I understand why the Patriots had to cancel their trip. For you to understand, just look around you. The economy is bad, people are getting laid off or are worried about being laid off, no one is spending money, and spending a $1000 to go to Florida just to play football is out of the budget and out of question for a lot of families right now.

The 2008 season is over. The game you keep begging for is not going to happen this year. Lets all hope the IFL / MFL match up (I'll call it the Indiana Bowl) happens in the not so distant future.

I wish the Patriots (and all teams) the best of luck new season.

I am sorry Mr. Pirate if I offended you. . I didn't know you was the spokeman for all teams otherwise I would have address that question to you. Maybe you are mad for one reason or another or maybe you just don't love football enough to want to see this match happen. I do. So please, with no disrespect, put a sock in it and don't hate.

To the Cutters and Pats, I am sorry if me bringing this up has bothered you. I just was wondering and asked. I know it's too late to go south to play in a bowl game, but I just figured it wasn't to late to play the game that everyone has been wanting to see, that's all. But it could be that I am the only who wants to see the game so please excuse me for loving the sport and wanting to see one more good game.

the game already happened once and sorry if the cutters are a different team this year....if you didn't get the chance to see the last game then that's your fault....the reality is that the pats are done for 2008....when 2009 roles around we will see what'll happen....until then no disrespect but put a sock in it....if the game was going to happen this year then it would have been scheduled....end of discussion....good luck to both teams next season until then let it be

Man and that first one was a good one!!

I know a good preleague game, A.C.PATRIOTS @ INDIANA GENERALS. Great tune up game for both teams. Pats bring it everyplay and both teams respect each other.

Cannon,
You are right!! Remember, 4th down, 1.5 yards to go to the endzone. :06 on the clock. Game on the line. Score 28-22. I WILL always remember what happened next. One for the ages! Just like with the Bearcats this year on 4th down and 6 inches. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!

Doc Thor out!!

Its a shame you guys could not go to your bowl games; always next year.......BIG CITY+ FUNDRAISING=BIG MONEY!!

I'd love to play the pats again. Will you guys come to Indy this year?