supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grid Iron Football Alliance teams looking for players

The Michigan Demons are looking for new players for 2009 season. If you are interested you can fill out players application on our web site, email or call.

www.leaguelineup.com/michigandemons

Michigandemons@yahoo.com

517-442-6304
Coach Hall

Other G.I.F.A teams looking for players are the RC Ravens and Jay County Panthers for the players who have been looking for One of our teams. Players keep the e-mails coming as we add more teams might get on closer to you. for those in Ohio Ada Dark Knights
Grid Iron Football Alliance
Where if player has skill and will we have way.

Re: Grid Iron Football Alliance teams looking for players

I thought the entire reason for joining the GIFA was that you had a company to scout players for your member teams.

We do not own the scouting company they have contract with us for 3 years to scout all players in the G.I.F.A.
That is one of the benefits of the Grid Iron Football Alliance the a plus besides that but we have something for all that are part of the G.I.F.A
Thanks for the comment. We have many different type programs that we do not own the company but do have contracts with to enhance our teams.
Like discounts league wide.

I understand that you don't own or run the scouting company. My point is that part your sales pitch for luring teams was to have a company scout players for your member teams. Yet you are coming here and posting that your teams need players which is something that any team in any league can do. I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops on this, but I can't be the only one who thought this was strange considering what your league is promising teams. If you contract with a company to find players for teams, then why put a post on here trying to find them?

I under stand that most leagues do nothing more than schedule and rules do no thing to help teams recruit or to strengthen the teams in the league that is not our way.We help in all aspects that we can for all teams.
We have no team owners running league all we do is run our league.That is what make difference in what we get done for our teams and all teams are treated the same across the entire league .We want all teams to make it. There in nothing personal against any other league we are just different type league with new ideas.We feel that if going to pay league fees should should get service more than schedule and rules.
More bang for the buck.
including for coaches
owners
players
No need to try to to start any thing on here just stating facts about our league.

You may want to have someone proof read your posts so you look a little more professional.

Yes, stating facts, but you're not addressing my question which is somewhat concerning in itself. You keep saying you're providing services for teams, but when I asked you directly about one service, you don't answer my question. My question was, why post on here for players when you have a scouting agency that is supposed to find them? I am not trying to start any kind of argument on here either, but I asked a legitimate question and you seem to be avoiding it.

Services? How about a working legitimate website and a logo that doesn't look like I made it with Print Shop 2.0 on my Commodore 64. If your really want to bring players to your league, make it look more like the "professional service league" your talking yourself up to be.

Bill
Our services and what we do for our teams. What's it to you? Unless you want some the services we offer.You told us you had no interest in our league as I have no issue with you for that in the next year or so you change your mind let us know. The pro scouting works with all levels of pro including 3 leagues over seas.
As for logo if you know any thing about branding and marketing. Keep it simple but ours was done by pro company that does Af2 and AFL logos can't beat that.
Our site is being worked on.Any other questions call me 740-264-3079
Not sure you want to know about our league more trying to push buttons.
Either way call if want too know some thing as i do not engage in unprofessional manner to be professional about that lets talk in privet phone or e-mail.

You are still not answering the question and I know you're not going to. What it is to me is that you came on a public message board asking for players for your member teams. You opened yourself up to being asked a legitimate question which you still won't answer. If you are paying a company to find players for your teams, you shouldn't have to look for them here. That's a fairly simple concept to understand and a fairly simple question to answer, but you refuse. You keep promoting yourself and what you can do for your teams, but you won't answer a question.

The other poster does have a point about your site. In this day and age, putting your best foot forward as a company or organization means having a nice site. That is everyone's first impression of your company and yours is very lacking. You're not even paying to host it, it's on a generic, free hosting site. It doesn't take much to make a nice site. The Wolverines site is hosted on GoDaddy which costs a whopping $7 a month. My wife designed it using Microsoft Publisher 2003 using one of the existing templates. There's not a lot of bells and whistles on it. It's fairly simple, but it looks decent. The more we both learn about it, the fancier we can make it. My point is, it wouldn't have been that difficult or costly to make a nice, functional site especially considering how "professional" you claim your league is.

I have no problem calling you, but I doubt I'd get any more on the phone than on here. I'm asking you to answer one simple question and you refuse. I realize you don't have to answer me specifically since I'm not involved with the league, but it seems you'd want to explain why you posted what you did.

The question you asked?......... I thought I did answer your guestion, but I will again. I am trying to help out teams in our league by getting the word out there that they are looking for players. As for having a scout to do that, no the scout is a "pro" scout.

What the point of hiring a scout for Pro if you have no players to scout?

The way I understood it was that the company that you hired scouted players for your member teams. My misunderstanding. However, that brings up another issue. You pay this company to go to your games and provide scouting reports to who? Are you actually giving the impression that players on teams have a shot to play at a higher level? Everyone here knows how remote that chance is. Don't get me wrong, there are the Cinderella stories where someone gets a chance to play in the NFL, but it doesn't happen often. There have been players at this level who have played on indoor teams and deserved to be there, but those are part time jobs at best. If being scouted for the pro level is one of your big selling points, it's misleading. Prove me wrong. Give me some success stories.

I'm not trying to ruin what you are trying to do. You may be genuine. But you're promoting yourself as a professional organization with a very poorly thrown-together website and lofty ideas that I doubt you can back up. I sincerely hope you mean what you say and you can pull it off because the ones that will suffer if you can't are the players on those teams.

The "Pro" scouting is open to anyone. It's not like it's some exclusive GIFL thing for a player to go to pro scout camp. You send in your application, pay your fee, pick your location and go. It's a regional combine open to anyone willing to pay. Bill just like you said there is that one in a million story but most people don't make it to the big time. If that is what you are selling then you are just giving out a load of crap to your teams.

No fee for our players. And all-stars get free invites for pro teams.

Well I am glad to see that you at least have the intentions to help out your players. If you actually do is yet to be seen. Good Luck and may all your players sign contracts next year.