supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ohio State Sucks!!!

Can OSU please get eliminated from consideration for any future BCS games? It's getting old watching the suckeyes get beat in big games. At least they showed up this time....

Re: Ohio State Sucks!!!

If that is your reasoning then shouldn't Texas be eliminated from the Big 12 Championship game right now? They have lost one game in each of the last three years. If OSU sucks then is Texas just an average team? Thought you guys were making a case that you should be in the National Championship game? How are you going to say that you are the greatest team in the country when you almost lost to the horrible Buckeyes?

Texas did not look good last night, and OSU's defense did look really good, but I gotta agree, I am getting tired of seeing OSU, and the Big 10 for that matter getting beat in big games.....is the conference that bad?

i think the buckeys played a good game last night maybe even above themselves but i agree they have chocked in big games! Also i think every time they are in a big game Beinie Wells chokes or is out hurt. Its harg to win big games with your start running back out on the sidelines.It maybe time to call Beinie Wells out.Just an opionion.

Did anyone even for a minute think that an OSU grad like me was not going to comment?
Yes, OSU lost the National Championship twice in a row. And yes we did lose last night in the last 13 seconds. (Reminded me of another game that was lost in the last 19 seconds, but I degress). But OSU was what, a 10 point underdog? And gave Texas all they wanted. Plus the first TD that McCoy scored was tainted by a blown call by the white hat who had to be from the SEC.
My point is simple. Florida is in the National Championship this year. OSU was in it last year with them. Please name another Division I school who is at least in a major Bowl more than USC and OSU.
Here's the FACTS
USC - 7 BCS appearances. 6 wins. .857%
OSU - 7 BCS appearances. 4 wins. .571%
Oklahoma - 7 BCS appearances. 4 losses with 1 game TBD.
Texas only has 3 and is way down the list.
Here's the link to back up what I am saying.
www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4520017
Enjoy all.

Typical OSU fan response....excuses, excuses, excuses....after the USC game this year, what did we hear? "But Beenie was hurt....But Pryor didn't play..." How about the fact that USC MURDERED OSU and they had their 2nd and 3rd stringers in for most of the second half.....I wish an OSU fan would finally just say, "we lost, the better team won tonight, and it wasn't us."

I gotta weigh in on this. While I am an outspoken OSU hater, I gotta give credit to their football program, they do have a very good program and you have to respect that. They also have a great Coach in Jim Tressel. While I feel that at times, Tressel doesn't make needed adjustments in a game, he is a good man. My wife's from Ohio and so I hear it from her family all the time about OSU. The thing that turns people off to OSU is their fans, many of their fans are just completely inappropriate....their fans are some of the most obnoxious fans in any sport, that's why they get hated on so much!....that and they haven't been able to win a big game since they beat my IRISH.

Mike, I have to say that the big ten is the most overrated college football conference. Its so bad that I call it the mac 10. lol What I am saying is that yeah texas is a little overrated and the buckeyes couldn't even beat them. They played usc earlier in the year and got killed. I mean ohio state playes teams like youngstown state, kent state, and then the big ten. teams like minn, indiana, northwestern, you get my point. Its pretty easy to make a bcs game when your schedule is that soft. Anyway, its not like my hokies conference was any better this year, but we did win our bcs game. Its true Mike, its true, ohio state way OVERRATED.

Here is something to ponder.

If your saying that OSU should be banned from BCS games based on the reasoning they have lost 3 games in the BCS, does that mean the Mustangs should be banned from IFL title games since they have lost 3 also? Hell no! Last nights game, just like the IFL Championship, came down to the last minute. Win or lose, that is exciting football and what people pay to see.

I would say that those complaining are upset that there team wasnt in a good bowl.

Did I say that OSU was robbed? No, I said that there was a blown call that put Texas in scoring position and continued the drive. OSU put themselves in the position to lose and not win. OSU left 2:09 on the clock after scoring the go ahead TD. Yes Texas earned the win.
But what I am saying is until someone else beside USC and Oklahoma matches OSU and their BCS bowl appearances then why is everyone crying about OSU.
And no Gross. The Big 10 in not overated. It's like the New England Patriots, everyone has caught up to them. Case in point. Penn State. They played their ass off all year. Dominated every team they played. Then ran into USC. USC was well coached, well prepared and literally spanked PSU. Now will someone please tell Joe Pa he died in 2001.

Ok i have to comment to! I hate Ohio State! But you do have to give it to them they played hard and they have a true freshman at OB who is going to be something special, I personally would like to see him at wide! Pryor is definetly a athlete! This program does it every year being in the mix. They must be doing something right! I still hate there fans! But as of now I think USC is the best in the country. But there still is the big game to be played yet? Go IRISH! Everyone keep the cracks about the irish to a minimum please.

Mike, the only reason OSU has so many BCS bowl appearances is because of the stupid deal that the Rose Bowl has with the Big 10 and the Pac 10, if not for that deal, they would be at FAR less BCS bowls.

plus, the big 10 is currently the easiest major conference to win, or one of the easiest, so if OSU wins their conf, they go to a BCS, even if the conference is bad.....

Hey drob!!! Hope Santa was good to you.
Deal with the Rose Bowl?? The Bucks haven't been there since 97 (which they won)which was prior to the forming of the BCS. The leader for most appearances in the Rose is USC followed by Michigan, then Washington followed by OSU.
Yes for many years it was Pac 10 vs Big 10 at the Rose. SEC was always at the Orange against what ever team had the best band for the half-time show. And the Big 12 was always at the Cotton. Then the talking heads at ESPN whined for a game to prove who was number one instead of letting the experienced sport writers vote on it. So some idiot formed the BCS which means Better Commercial Sales. Everyone gets rich like the payed...errrr,,recruited players (yeah right) and Tostitos sells more chips, Citi gets more accounts, and All-State sells more car insurance. Also, just for the record, Penn State won the Big 10. That was an automatic Bowl Bid. PSU would only back out of it if they were playing for the BCS Championship, and they weren't. SOoOooooo the BCS (Better Commercial Sales) took OSU to face Texas knowing everyone would watch it so that more people like you and me will watch Thursday Night to see if Texas is getting screwed. And to be honest none of the 3 deserve to be number 1. It belongs to USC. Damn they were hard on EVERYBODY.

Hells yeah...GO IRISH! Hawaii who? lol, For real...I am true to my Irish. What the hell about UTAH?? You should hear all these cats out here, all in thier monster trucks sporting the big U flags. It is no joke though, just some input from somebody in the state, Utah is going insane. The school itself is handling it pretty professionaly, probably since the Legislation here is in the process of examining the school for a possible LARGE grant of money and thier win definately helped with that. I have to compare this to when the Colts went to and won the superbowl, I was obviously in Indiana for that and it's ten times more crazy here than it was for that. Utah should definately be in the mix ya'll! Hemi (writing for the Mormon Examiner)

P.S. I hate OSU, I hate Texas...But until my IRISH Get back in the BIG games I will refrain from commenting.

Ohio state is overrated. 3 years of absolutely nothing; I gave up on them a while a go. I can not ever see Ohio State winning like all of the other top tier teams. They need to start scouting speed and depth at DL, OL, LB, and WR. They also need some luck with getting great players to they team. We seen this year that they can pull the number one QB prospect in the country and still come up short.
Time to get the Blue and Gold ready fellas; Michigan is coming!!

Michigan? Dont count on that anytime soon. And by the way, it is blue and maize.

I personally think that Ohio State gets great recruits. I think that their problem is their schedule. Yes, they played USC this year, and will play them next year, but after that, their schedule is weak. The big ten is a laugher. Yeah, Penn State did good this year, but really how many GOOD team are there in the big ten. Ohio State.......really, schedule somebody besides Youngstown State, Kent State, and Miami, Ohio. Ohio State + Big Ten = WEAK

Now Gross...Let's not go by strength of schedule. It's not like OSU played Western Kentucky, Duke, or Furman (just where in the hell is Furman and is their mascot a Furbie??) Then played Cincinnati for a major Bowl victory. (Damn I am mean)
Anyway, please remember that PSU was up towards the top of the BCS (Bunch of Crappy Sportscasters).

Boy, I loved hearing all the OSU fans cry about playing USC this year.....I was like, "hello, ND plays them EVERY YEAR!" Quit crying!

Even though ND hasnt done anything for years.

True, ND ain't done shit since my boy Samardzija left to play for the Cubbies!

lol, Mike, you are right, the Hokies schedule sucks too. I get pissed every year I see them playing them bunch of pansies. That is why we just won our first bcs bowl, and our team really wasn't good this year. I do know that next year, we kick the season off playing Alabama though, so that is a good thing.

A FURBIE!! GOOD ONE! I THINK THAT THE TOP TIER TEAMS IN THE BIG TEN ARE BIG FISH IN A SMALL POND. LOOK AT THE FACTS....AND WHAT ABOUT A PLAYOFF WITH IN THE BIG TEN? NO WONDER WHY THEY LOOK SO OFF WHEN PLAYING AGAINST TOP COMPETITION. WHAT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR WHEN OHIO STATE OR PENN STATE PLAYS A TEAM WORTH PLAYING? THEY GET BEAT LIKE STEP CHILDREN; THATS WHAT HAPPENS............FURTHERMORE, I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL SHOULD ADOPT A PLAYOFF SYSTEM. COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS A BUISNESS WITH ALL OF THE BIG BOWL MONEY GOING TO THEIR SCHOOLS AND STUFF.............NO PLAYOFF = NO GLORY