supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cutters

Hey whats up with our site & calendar? When do we begin any offseason workouts. I see talk about players leaving, how true? DRE give me something man, you know more than our coaches. lol

Re: Cutters

Cutters are folding. Too many players leaving.

Bummer, I guess Generals should run away with it this year.

Is this true?

Dont know how true it is, but I & 5 other players(starters) are joining the Generals. Our reason is traveling, closer to Indy than Bloomington.

Who is coming to the generals and what positions do they play?

Slinkard... tell me there is no truth to this...
best ran organization in state!!

It's True. They will field a team, but most are leaving. Half the team is from the Indy area.

Players leave teams all the time. The Cutters got a championship out of them. The Cutters will still be a strong team with out those guys. Brent will do what he does and have them in the hunt for a repeat. Will they do it? Only time will tell. The IFL will be great like it is every year.

Well in semi-pro football it is the norm for people to leave and sometimes it can be chalked up to lack of respect or plain and simple big egos. I have known many of the key people in the Cutter organization for a while and worked closely with them and I know that some people just don't feel appreciated and tahts just sad there are a couple people in the Cutter organization who just plain and simple feel they are better than everyone else. Many people on this board and in the IFL are going to be very surprised when all is said and done and you see who is not returning the the organization this season. Many have already let it be known that they are not returning but there are a couple huge surprizes that have not been let out yet and one of them is someone who you just would never think of leaving this team.
I think one major problem is that there just isn't one who can make a decision on their own, kind of like the old saying goes to many chiefs and not enough indians. There were many mistakes made last year and some feelings were really hurt and yes there are many people jumping to the Geenerals and yes most of them live in the Indy area but just wait and see there are a couple major players in the Cutters organization that in a few weeks will announce that they are leaving and joining the Generals as well. To the generals congrats you are getting some great people TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT!!!!!! All I ask is that when you hear it stop and think back to this post sure wish I could be the one to let the cat out of bag but I promised I wouldn't name any names on here.
I believe when all is said and done and the moves have been made there are going to be many people in the Bloomington area that will be saying don't know what you have until it ( or they in this case ) are gone.

What the hell happened? I am a player for the Cutters & I didnt know all of this is going on. It does happen but I thought we had a good nucleus. Well damn, Generals here I come.

apparently no one has a shot to do anything. as long as the consensous says it, it must be true. example, the cardinals can't stop atlanta's running, not on the same level as the panthers, no shot of beating the eagles. what do you know, they are going to get their asses handed to them tomorrow. why play the damn game.

its not about numbers, its not about talk. its about hard work and heart. give me 11 football players against 11 names and the players will win.

it doesnt matter who goes to what team and what team has 100 players on their roster. nothing is set til the season starts. no one has earned anything yet.

this is suppose to be about the fun of the game, don't lose sight of that. if you were really that good, wouldn't you be getting paid for this?

Wow seems a nerve has been touched here or is it maybe just maybe someone who knows what is about to happen spoke up. The one thing that is obvious is this not one of the Cutter big men who is used to always have something to say has posted on this subject and I'm sure the people at the top read this site everyday

I have spoke with 5 players who I played with last year. They have confirmed that they are also leaving to play for the Generals or Cobras. Then 2 of those 5 players stated that they are convincing other players to join them. So as of right now I know of 18 players(starters/role players) who are leaving to play elswhere. This does not include the players that are retiring or moving on ala Izzy, Lee, & Jakeen

Well when I talked to coach JT at the meeting he told me that he has a lot of respect for the cutters. More for them than any other team. He thinks that they will still be a strong team and be right in the mix for the title. I guess things change real fast. Best of luck to the cutters and im looking forward to playing you guys. Heard nothing but good things about your team.

I think people are looking to far into this. If you really think about it...look at how much time we try to commit to a team and balance that with family life! I think a few guys....including myself (wont name the others) have made a decision to continue playing the game they love, continue friendships that come from the game, give the commitment that most teams want and require, and to still be able to do what is most important...support their family. If playing for a team that is closer to them then so be it. I think if you look at it that way then how can that be wrong? Good luck to the cutters! I wont forget playing with them and I know for sure will miss playing with a few guys that are still there!

It's Official! The Cutters are not playing this year. Talked to a friend who works at Winters Assoc. & Slinkard beleives the team will not participate in '09. Generals have to be the front runner now!

I guess their website is gone.

If this is true then it is similar to the state of semi pro football years ago in the Dayton area. Dane and I used to discuss this when we were in the FFL and CRFL. A core group of players that are talented bounce from team to team year to year and leave teams in a numbers bind. I am not saying this is good or bad but it is just the facts. Players are in no obligation to stay with teams but I feel it is the the teams responsability to create a good enough atmosphere and organization that the players will not leave. Now I know that other things factor in such as drive time etc... but if a players is completetly sold on the organization they will not leave to play anywhere else.

Keith Maloy

Um... wolf crier, their website isn't down. http://cuttersfootball.org

The website link up on the top doesnt work and the other one has no updates on the calendar. But one thing is sure, if anyone knows what is going on it will be the pirate guy since he seems to know everything about each league now.

Yep, the Cutters are folding...the Generals are going to merge with the new team on the SE side...call themselves the General Disorder. The IFL is going to close up shop, and become part of the IHSAA. The MFL is going to move UP to NAIA, and the Patriots will now be included in the BCS standings, with a possible bowl shot next season.

Mark my words the Cutters will rebuild, reload, & repeat for their 2nd title in 3yrs of operation.

Insider I am confused. Where did I post that I knew everything going on in both leagues? Let me put it very simple for you.

I DIDN'T

Good Grief.

LOL, he dont even know what hes talking about in his own league.

True, but does anyone know what is going on in the mfl?

lol the generals suck. it funny to think that peeps think they can when any thing. Lets look at last year they were 4-4 they beat the four worst teams and lost to the 4 best teams in the ifl the are a disgrace to football

WOW! This all reminds me of rumors I started hearing about myself 3 weeks after I moved to Bloomington. I heard things that even I didn't know were true.

The Cutters are not folding - we will be playing in the IFL this year and hope to compete again for a championship. The website will be updated when we have more information about practice and game schedules.

Coach Slinkard does not read the postings on this site. Personally, I feel I cannot beleive any post that is made anonymously.

Listen no disrespect to the players that is leaving, but we will move on & be even better than last year. Who wouldnt want to play for the BEST ran organization in the state. We will replace those who leave & the ones who stayed will step up to the plate. I myself did consider leaving(distance) but after reading all the BS on here I challenge every Cutter to step up & lets go for 2 in a row. F**k who left, no sleep lost here. I promise

"ifl fan" if you arent man ( or woman ) enough to put a name, team or number behind your words, why should ANYONE mark them?

They arent YOUR words until you mark who YOU are.

This is because you are either afraid do being wrong or beaten up.

I would hope no one would attack you physically for standing behind your words, but if you thought for a minute that you were right, you'd be proud of your words.

I see allot of people put their names behind some pretty questionable stuff, but you seem to always call out other teams, players.

At least give a reason why your not posting your name, team or number, fan of which team... (I'm afraid, coach, etc.)

look everybody needs to drop this subject some cutter player including me left for a reason the cutters will always be a strong team and i hope they dont fold cause i would love to play against them... cutters you guys are like family to me even tho i wont be there.... so everybody drop it we will see the cutter in the 2009 season.... slinkard i wish you guys well an hope we can keep a contact going....