supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFENSE

What is the most important position of an offense?

a QB
b O-LINE
c RB/FB
d WR/TE

Re: OFFENSE

O-LINE of course

OFFENSE is the most important OFFENSE. Without a line your QB and RB are dead. Without a QB no one could direct the team. Without a RB your WRs will have triple coverage. Without WR's your RB and O-line will be blitzed every play.

Its football a team sport not a I sport. If you want an I sport go play tennis.

I think that you can have the best offense in your conference or league, but if the teamwork is not there, then expect to win it on defense!!!!

I will say the coach, without someone who knows how to coordinate and make the most of the talent that they have at any of the positions, there wouldn't be any consistency or much production.

AS far as the most important position on the field, It's whatever position YOU as an individual happen to play when you're out there.
I truly believe that football is the ONLY true team sport that exists. You can have the most talented QB, but if the line can't block, the RB's can't hit the holes, or the WR's can't catch, what good is he?
The same goes for each of those positions as well. The best back won't do much without blockers or a QB that can get him the ball. A WR can run all the perfect routes he wants, but without the rest of the guys, he won't see the ball. The best lineman can block his ass off but if the guy beside him can't get it done...
You see where this is going.
Defense and Special Teams are the same way.

As good as ANY player is, he knows he can't do it alone. Unlike Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, etc, that can, and often are, dominated by individual players.

I love this game!!!!!

It all starts at the oline if we give the backs a hole to run through than there should be no problem runnin the ball if we give the qb time he should hit the wrs, DBs cant cover forever. no but honestly the best offense is definatley a good defense, all it takes is one score fellas, im out!!!

NO GLORY FOR THE O-LINE
at this level, if you dont have a oline..you have nothing

Kickers get no love.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/bu Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

Which team besides your own, has the best o-line for the upcoming year?

The best offense is a good defense.

that was the dumbest thing I've EVER heard.

The Cutters have a pretty good OLINE, so do the Patriots.

I think we have a decent line too...GO GENERALS!

Who do the Generals got on their o-line?

We can't say who will be on our line. We will know when the first game comes.

I know you guys have at least Appleby and Childress.

Dont tell what and who you have they will be watching to get info on your team. Cause I am ha ha dum dum

O-Line

With out the O-line QB's and RB's look bad

Kevin Cox
SemiProtough.com
Where being tough is just not tough enough!
kevin@semiprotough.com

True o-line is important, but in the IFL, if you don't have a quarterback your just not gonna go very far. Look at all the best teams from last year, they all had good QBs.

But keep in mind even with a good QB and o-line games can still be lost if your head caoch is a moron and doesn't have a clue how to call a game or execute good time management at the end of a game. Just ask the mustangs. They freaking gave the game to the cutters this year in the IFL championship game. I was there, didnt play. I was so sick for the mustangs I almost puked. I mean everyone in the bleechers was screaming run the damn ball! Nope

Not trying to take anything from the cutters, they pulled off an amazing comeback win.

In semi-pro football I think that the Coach is the most important person in the mix. You get a lot of players who know it all and don't want to hear what a coach tells them. If you can get a coach that guys want to play for, that can juggle work,family, and all the coaching duties you are a hellva man.
Dane - Pirates
Sid - Mustangs
Brent - Cutters
Matt - Cobra
JT - Generals
Wayne - Patriots
All these men do a great job!

To answer the question, just ask yourself who can we least afford to lose to a season ending injury? Qb of course, alot of teams in the ifl and mfl only have 1 descent qb on the roster. You can lose a lineman and be able to replace them alot easier then you could replace your starting qb. Hell you can't even start a team up if you don't have a qb.

Sid is not a coach for the mustangs, he is the GM. And yes he does a good job. Tyler anglin is the new mustang coach. And yes I think he will do a good job too.

In my opinion, the most important individual on offense a QB that understands the offense and the game. You can have a gifted QB, but if he doesn't understand the ENTIRE OFFENSE, and what teams are doing to dictate the offense, he's worthless. That's where a coach comes into play. The QB is an extension of the offense coordinator and head coach.
I can say from experience in 2007, the broncos had 4 quarterbacks. First one got hurt in preseason, second one had family and school, third couldn't make it to a game due to family vacation, and I moved from WR to QB. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but it was an easy move since I knew our offense inside and out, was able to read defenses, and was able to put our guys in the right position to be successful via audibles or route changes; including offense line blocking in pass protection.
But most of all if you don't have the TRUST of your entire team, the team won't win at all. Trust is the most important unmanned position!

Rondell Ferguson
3x IFL champion

I do agree that the QB is a very important position. Last year, the Pirates made some great come back wins, because of their defense, but in the semi-finials they just couldn't handle the Pats, just because they had no QB.

As a retired Lineman....and a Retired Coach....
I will say this...

No team at this level can compete with out a good QB...you have to have a smart field general out there leading the team.....
Running backs....easy to find because everybody thinks they are one....
Wrs..just catch the ball and good things will happen...

But the most valuable people.....O-Line.
Hardest Postion to fill at this level (Quality wise) O-Line

you can have average WRs, RBs and Qb but with a good quality Line...you can have a championship team