supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Combine stats

IFL combines are coming up. What do you think are going to be the top stats for the combine? Fastest 40? Most Bench Reps per position?

40 TIME: 4.40
BENCH REPS PER POSITION:

QB- 10
OL/DL- 30
DB- 12
WR- 15
K- 8
RB/FB- 25
LB- 20

TOO HIGH OR TOO LOW?

Re: Combine stats

Most guys don't lift that play semipro ball.
Here are what I think are OK numberS for this level of football.

K/P - 40 - 5.4 - 185 - 12
QB - 40 - 5.2 - 225 - 8
LINEMEN - 40 - 5.5 - 225 - 23
LB'S - 40 - 5.0 - 225 - 20
RB'S - 40 - 4.7 - 225 - 15
DB'S - 40 - 4.7 - 185 - 15
WR'S - 40 - 4.6 - 185 - 12

what do some of those numbers mean. I would assume the 4.5 and the 5.5 numbers are the ideal forty times and double digit number are the ideal weights. What about the first and last ones?

the numbers are for bench weight and then the reps. depending on your position, you might have the choice to do 185lbs or 225lbs. everybody should lift for football! no matter the league

ya they should. and ya I have this crazy man dream of playing in the NFL one of these days and Im always looking for ways to improve like for what you guys are talking about those are some good goals.

You really think players in the IFL have those low of stats? The last tryout I did before i had to stop lifting i was 40yd-4.83 225bench-17 now if i got back in the gym probably be better except for my 40 because i tore my quad last year and really haven't had time to rehab it lately. But even then i think there are alot better athletes in the IFL than you are giving credit too.

i guess your just a badass rodich

Were is this combine held at if I may ask...

I did an interview with Mike Boyle who is considered the godfather of combine preparation and he talks about the over hyped numbers. He also shared an article called "THE MYTH OF SPEED." In the article he details how the media is fixed on the "freak" numbers and loses sight of what the majority are able to achieve. The article has data on 40 yard dash numbers from the NFL combine going back ten years.

Kevin Cox
SemiProtough.com
Where being tough is just not tough enough!
kevin@semiprotough.com

ya no one ever factors in how slow people can be with all the pads on too. Or how much faster you are with adrenalin.

Is this a fictional combine or does one actually take place?

I get a kick out of 40 times...
Like G-rod said...people are slower with the pads on.

I know I have coached kids and semipro players who without out the pads on were blazing...but once you put the pads on them, they ran like a wounded dog.
Some Running backs wear pads too big for them and that cuts down their speed.

O-Line....now thats where I really laugh...
How many O-Lineman run past 5-7 yards with the exception of a pulling guard...
I know when i sat out a year and coached semipro, I timed my O-Lineman in the 20....not the 40...
and when I coached at the High school level, I would always time my High School Lineman the same way.
Now we did time all our kids in the 40 so the lineman still had to get a 40 time, but I have always been more interested in what a lineman time is in the first 5 to 10 yards....hell after that, the running back is past him

Gambrel

That's a smart choice with the 20 yard dash. Talking with Boyd Epley The long time strength coach at the UNiversity of Nebraska I learned they rarely timed 40's. Their focus was the 10 yard dash, vertical jump, and pro shuttle (5-10-5 drill)

Kevin Cox
SemiProtough.com
http://TinyWebLink-001.com/?pid=4941228

Yeah, they didn't time 40's because they were too busy giving their linemen steroids!!!!

There is a lot more to their success than "juice."

Kevin Cox
SemiProtough.com
http://TinyWebLink-001.com/?pid=4941228