supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Affliction to the Stampede

There is a rumor out there that the Affliction are going to fold and rejoin their old team, the Stampede. What is this going to do to the MFL?

Re: Affliction to the Stampede

This could be a good move for both parties. with that bein sad though, that would make the MFL two teams short in the South Division. The Stampede would have a better chance in the MSFL if they would get the squad back. Just my opinion

Anybody know if there's any truth to this?
Seems like someone would be quick to dispute or confirm it.

I spoke to Terry ODell this evening and he informed me that his team has not contacted the Stampede and plan on continuing to play in the MFL this season.

His computer is broke otherwise he would say so himself.

HE feels this rumor was started after a practice in which a few players of the affliction went to a Stampede practice to pick up borrowed equipment.

So its just a rumor. No truth in it.

Yeah that is great but a lot of rumors have a habit of coming true on here. Only time will tell.

Alot of stuff on here has no truth at all to it also.

True

It has been said by Terry Odell that the affliction are done.

See, some of the rumors are true

Anyone from either team able to confirm this?

Check the Stampede roster, then look at the Afflicion roster. You will notice that the names with an astric next to them are the ones from the Affliction.

I don't know about the Stampede's league rules, but for the Affliction players, as long as they're not playing for any other MFL team, then I think they're legal. I sure hope that the Affliction didn't fold like the Phoenix bc that would leave the rest of the MFL in a crunch.

but then again... that would be par for the course in semi-pro.

Well I have basically counted them out. I just wish that someone either from the Affliction or the Stampede would get on here to confirm this. Even though it may not be your place KC will you please just confirm or deny this rumor? There are teams and an entire league waiting to find out.

Dear Hulk.....Yes some of the old Stampede players returned back to the team last week as well as some new ones. They where weclome with open arms by the Stampede players that stayed with the team and the new Stampede players as well. Along with the 8 returning Stampede player are about 8 good young men from the Affliction that come over with them. I am deeply sorry about what happen to the Affliction I don't think anyone likes to see any team fold before the start, middle,or end of their season. I have RESPECT for O'Dell for what he tryed to do. Hulk I hope I answered question I hope you and everyone have a super season.
May God Bless You and Keep You
Coach KC

Its true Affliction have folded bc im one of the players that was on the team. Theres a lot of guys I dont see coming to the stampede, but basically most the main guys that were on the stampede last year that left, came back.

yeah your qb and running back are both gone, ouch

Trust me, They have been replaced!!

yes it is true the affliction folded, we will carry on with the stampede as we did last year.

Stampede #45 Haley