supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
is it really fun?

I have seen it on this website, remember it is supposed to be fun. But how fun is it? Is it fun to have a game decided by inadequate refs? Is it fun for shady league members and side deals to determine outcomes? Is it fun to see all the crybabies start a bunch of crap under anonymous names? No. This is not fun. Is it fun to see guys team hop even after committing to another team?

Cheating, lying, backstabbing is the foundation of semi-pro ball. That is why it is truely amateur football. These things are why our level of ball has the reputation it does. We play an organized backyard ball. Some of the teams out there aren't even that organized, and you know what I'm talking about.

What is fun is meeting new friends and building relationships past the field.

The field isn't for fun it is for winning. Anyone with a competetive desire knows this. Winning is fun, losing sucks. If you don't set a goal to win the championship, then what else do you play for?

These are just a few thoughts that have come up while reading most of the childish posts on this site over the years.

Supa- I wish you could set it up so that to use the site you had to register your real name to post. Maybe then it would clean itself up and more respectable posts would come about that would build up our level and not deteriorate it.

Re: is it really fun?

thats funny!

Thanks for your concern, Josh. I have to admit that I largely agree with your critique of the way that things have gone. I've thought long and hard about this question and as many of you know, I've come to the conclusion that it is ultimately best to leave this forum open without registrations and take care of forum modification myself. As with all things, this decision has not been made without consideration or understanding, I do understand clearly the many problems with an open board, but at the end of the day prefer to leave it the way it is.

For now.

Be well, fellas and good luck in your preparation for the upcoming season.

Mr. Gronberg,

I must say I can't identify with the team hopping, being as there's only one team down here now. That must suck.

But if it wasn't fun, people wouldn't do it for free. Otherwise, why are you playing ball?

I am playing to win. I am playing for the competition. I do have fun for the most part as reasons described, but I get really tired of the BS associated with it. I know this is the only chance that I have to play football against real players. It is the avenue that most of us have to get away from the normal day.

Hopefully no one plays to lose but it does happen. It happens every game one wins the other loses. If you can look yourself in the mirror and know in your heart that you worked as hard as you could, that you prepared as much as you could and you still came up short then there is still honor in that. It's not all about winning the big trophy or the ring. If you were getting paid to play then maybe that might be different but your not. Be active within your team, be a leader on and off the field and play with heart and things tend to take care of itself. I hope that you take a moment to really think about this before you put your helmet on.

well josh if u arent having fun then quit dont cry cause i am having fun

yes it is really fun, football is a GAME. at this level none of us are getting paid to play so why do we do it? to have fun with our freinds. i know its the reason myself and most of my freinds do it. to be able to get together a couple times a week and relax with freinds. since i have moved to indiana three years ago, almost every freind i have met has been through football. so yes this game is really fun and it is the reason the vast majority of us love it som much. if you dont have fun theres no reason to even play

"Cheating, lying, backstabbing is the foundation of semi-pro ball." Damn this is all I have heard when it comes to you Josh! Paying Refs Paying Players! YOU know what im talking about!!!

HOF'er

What was the point of this post. Can you just shut up and play for your team "or don't" since your not having fun and stop posting dumb crap on this site.

I have played for teams that have won no more than 2 games each year i have played. And some of those were by forfeit. But even being on a losing group of teams i still have had the time of my life playing. Now while i am taking this year off for training and some family events i will be back next year for more fun.
i do love winning but the important thing is that i enjoy the game, the players, and the experiance. So good luck to all of you playing this year and i will see you all in 2010 when i return.

hmmm. well the main point was that this level is not always very fun. the game itself is fun. there's just all the other bs.

i'm not whining or saying that i'm not having any fun. strictly venting about all the crap we all see on here.

i think this could be a very fun level of ball all around if there were more structure. it could go somewhere.

as for paying refs and players thanks pete rose for using your real name, proving the point. accusations under false names will get you know where.

please bring me receipts or photos of these transactions, i'd love to see them. at no point have i with any team ever given a dime to a player or ref for their service. oh wait, i did give the ref their game day money. damn got me.

wayne, now i understand why some of your posts can get so cynical. when youre on top everyone tries to bring you down. all the studpid talk and accusations. good luck this year, looking forward to our june game.

hope you all do have some fun this year and stay safe.

Pete Rose is my real name dumbass! Personally I have heard from 3 former dragons that you paid refs! Fuck your reciepts and you... dont kiss waynes ass because he would probably like to know the truth to since i heard it was against the pats! Watch out in June for the refs wayne!

Pete Rose you stupid fuck. The Pats beat the Dragons 32-7 lol hahahahaha. You dumb ass, Dont you know that earl would do everything he could to make sure the dragons lost. The Dragons never needed to pay the refs. Josh Gronberg is a player nothing more for the Genereals so what does that have to do with anything. Your a fake bitch like most the people that post on this site.

Josh, Its good to hear that you will be playing again this year and although its under a new team name, im sure we will have some good battles just like the old days, this time i plan on comin out on top tho.....lol
see ya soon bro and stay safe

Quentin Grandberry, your thinking of a different season. The first year the Dragons beat the Pats.
Apparantly your new to the game.

The Dragons first played the Pats @ the patriots place and won that game 21-10. Patriots then came to the Dragons place for the ship. Dragons won 23-20. Earl was at the game. His best buddy Steve Williams was the head off. so there was no "pay off". Earl hatted the Dragons and wanted nothing more then to see them fall. So you can say all you want but it wont change the facts.

lookin forward to it dre. good stuff q. show me someone that says they were paid and i'll show you a liar.