supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Southside Cobras have folded

I am sorry for this. I will not get into details, but suffice to say i found out that people's word means nothing.
Now is the time for all of the MFL fans to bag on me. It is not the IFLs fault so do not criticize them. This is my burden to bear.
Supa please ban all of the IPs that I have used. I have no right to speak out on this subject.
Thank you all and goodbye,
Chuck Foga

Re: Southside Cobras have folded

Chuck, is this really true? I dont need you to get all into what has went on, just a simple yes or no is good for me. I hope its not because I was really hoping to see you guys on the field this year

Dre Key...its true.
I hope Foga doesn't mind me answering for him but it is true. I got the message this morning. Right now I am so pissed, and disappointed that it is hard to be respectful in this post.

Foga has worked harder then anybody I know on putting together a great team. Even to the point of trying to get a loan to make it all work. He was willing to go in debt for a bunch of non-committing fools, who only think about themselves.

Some of the board members have taken time away from family, friends, and used there own money to help put together this team...we had a great place to play our home games under the lights. IT is a shame that peoples characters and word means nothing.

People will come on here and say, it is what it is, or nobody is paying us to stay with a team, or we are all free agents. That is BULL SHIT!!!

It is a sad day that could have been avoided using one small word, COMMITMENT. The lack of that folded the BRONCOS last year...and folded the COBRAS this year. When the players don't do there part and make the sacrifice to come to practice, to coach, to fund raise, to give a damn about the team the result is a post like this.

I'm out.

Man I can speak for the other MFL teams but I will not bag on anyone for this happening. I went through it a few years ago with the Evansville Vipers. Good luck with what you guys decide to do.

Jake Neumann
Ohio River Bearcats

Chuck,
Sorry to hear it. I hope you know that none of the MFL reps would say anything that is less than respectful of your situation. Most of the owners at this level spend a lot of their time fighting the same issues and waiting for the other shoe to drop. There aren't too many of us out here that haven't been through it to some extent. Shit my team has been successful the past few seasons and I still struggle daily with the lack of commitment and heart that many of the players show. Good Luck with whatever path you choose.
Remember that this is Adult Amatuer Football... this is what we do for fun. It shouldn't define who or what we are!

Chuck and Booker,

I'm sorry to hear of the Cobras folding. I know you did everything in your power to try and make that happen. Unfortuneately at this level of football you have to put some trust in those who actually play the game and it sounds like some of them let you down.

You and any of the committed players from the Cobras would be welcome at the Generals should you still have the desire to play. If you are interested we have practice tonight as well as every Tuesday and Thursday starting at 6pm at Ben Davis Park (corner of 21st St. and Girls School Rd).

If not then I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors but know you are welcome with the Generals.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

Not to be out done by my good buddy Dave, I too extend an offer to you and or any players that still have the desire to play.....lol
Really though, Im upset because I know that you have worked hard to get things going and I was looking forward to seeing your team on the field. Im sure this isnt the end for you so I know I will see you around. Good luck

Foga,
sorry to hear about the team. I just went through it with the affliction. I do know that the Indianapolis Stampede are looking for more talent to add to the team. If you or anyone else is interested, just hit coach KC up. We practice at 16th and riverside close to the old bush stadium.
Tues, Thur 5:45 and SAT at 11. Good luck to you and the rest of the team.

OK. I see how its gonna be. While we're at it, the Patriots are looking for some more talent to add to the roster as well. It's only a short 2 hour drive from Indy, and there's some pretty scenery between the two places... what do you say?
J/K, I know all of those who still want to play will land on a roster somewhere so good luck.

Well I wonder if all the Cutters who left to go play for the Cobras will come running back now. LOL...See what happens when you leave a organization that has a solid foundation, MONEY,& a band of brothers who stick together. Its ok to jump back on the bandwagon. I smell a REPEAT!!!!

Those guys are probably the same ones who showed no dedication and caused the team to fold.

I just want errybody to notice how NO ONE affiliated with the MFL or it's teams came on here and bashed the Cobras' organization for their downfall. That's good sh*t gentlemen.

I dont know who the person is that wrote under the name cutters fan, all i know is the Cutters are not happy about the fact that the Cobras had to fold. I dont know players were looking at leaving nor do I know what those players may or may not have told others teams while exploring their options. If they told ppl that they were on board for sure and then backed out then thats an issue that they will have to live with. I know some ppl were thinkin about goin to different teams due to the travel and practice time but once we switched our schedule they decided it would be best to stay with us, once again i dont know what was told to other teams, i just know who we have and who we dont. Nobody from the IFL is happy about the Cobras going down, not to mention that Foga is a really good guy and he is the one that is taking the blame, so for something like this to happen to a guy like him is sad no matter how u look at it

Hey Dre I am not bashing the Cobras. Honestly I was looking forward to those matchups more than the others. I just know that some of our guys decided to go to the Cobras for whatever reason. Now I'm just curious if they will come back. This message is directed to those players & not Foga or the Cobras.

I know it was, i was more so responding to the person that wrote after you saying that nobody from the MFL was bashing the Cobras, Im saying nobody is talking bad about them period. Maybe some of the players and staff personally but not Foga or the team as a whole...Shit happens that shouldnt happen and then there are times when shit really just happens. All Im saying is the only ppl that really know which one it is are those ppl that were or are directly involved in the shit....lol And I for one wasnt

I don't get on here very often, but I wanted to say something here. Anyone who has played with or worked with Chuck Foga knows he is a man of integrity. You may not always agree with him, but he is always honest, works his ass off and does what he believes is best for his team and his family. Although is an exceptional individual when compared with most guys involved with the game at this level, he was not exceptional among the men who worked hard to bring the Cobras to life. There were an awful lot of good people who worked hard against crazy odds- and in the shadow of last year's Bronco debacle - to make this team go. Foga has the heart and spirit of ten men and it is only through his dedication that the team was even possible.

I don't pretend to know all of the details involved here, but I know enough to know that if the Cobras do not field a team in 2009, it will NOT be for lack of
effort and dedication on the part of Foga the core of former Broncos.

I would rather celebrate the dedication and integrity of the few than bemoan the failures of the many. So here's to you, Foga and Booker and Jody and Brandon. May your future teams and endeavors be worthy of your efforts and character.

Yah its true Foga is a great dude. Its too bad that things did not work out for him and since I know him I know that this was not his fault. Good luck to him and bad luck to the people that is responseble for this.