supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TOP 10 COACHES

So you see all the NFL top 10 whatevers so why not do a top 10 coaches.

10 - Coach Hooten - warriors
9 - Matt steele - IN Mustangs
8 - Sarge tornados
7 - Wolf - pats
6 - K C Carter stampede
5 - - KC mustangs
4 - Brent - cutters
3 - Agee warriors
2 - Bob welch - Jets
1 - Dane pirates

Lets keep this fun nothing dirty please.
whats your top 10

Re: TOP 10 COACHES

Just my opinion. I've played for dane hill matt steele barry crause and brent slinkard. The best coach I've played for hands down is brent slinkard u talk about a guy who knows the game really understands all the positions he is the guys he teaches guys the way all guys would love to be coached a very hands on on the field type of guy. Now a lot of people don't really know what he's about but if you come to one cutters practice it will be one of the best experiences of your life. High intensity practices scripted no time wasted. 2nd would be dane hill a master mind of the offensive side of the ball. But overall knowledge of every side and every position on the field is brent.

Is this only for current coachs? Cause you cant have a top ten and not have Maloy on there unless it is only current coachs.

Ok if u look at the list mathew I quit steele is not a current coach. So yes maloy is eligible but I have seen this guy in action and I have mad respect for moloy but not a better coach then slinkard. Just an opinion like I said come to cutters nation see brent in action and u will see what I'm talking about may not have the years in semi pro football like the others but I've been playing for 6 years and he is the man. Not putting other coaches down but he is the real deal.

Good stuff 26. You can make your top 10 whatever you want. #26 whos some others you know and like?

Alot of you guys probably dont remember but Merco Heitberg an old Coach of the Broncos was a great coach , and a man that could really motivate guys.

I don't have a top 10 I've got a top 5
1. Brent Slinkard-indiana cutters

2. Rondell Ferguson-broncos
3. Dane Hill- chiefs
4. Matt Steele- broncos/tornados
5. Josh terhune-generals/dragons.

hard for me to post my favorite coaches...
basically most of them are for the ones I played for...

also...most of them are in or was in the MSFL..

but in no particular order ...

Terry Thomas......Chicago Thunder
James Stamper.....Indiana Mustangs
Norris Jackson....Detroit Seminoles
Keith Hac.........Kane County Eagles
Eddie Mckinzie....Cook County Punishers/Chicago Wolverines
Dick Suess........FASCO, Minor League Football News
Ray Scott.........Prince William Monarchs

Terry Thomas-Chicago Thunder - championship
Dane Hill - M.C. CHiefs - championship
Beef - Rage - warriors - championship
Brent Slinkard - Cutters - Championship
Matt steele - Broncos - Championship
Agee - warriors - championship game losses
Josh Terhune - Dragons/Generals - championship

In no particular order - just the ones that I have seen/been involved with in the past... Can't really comment on those that I have no experience with:

- Terry Feick, Central Ohio Lions (Hall of Fame; check the resume; understood this level well and knew what it took for success)
- Mark Brobeck, Central Ohio Lions (defenses were always prepared and opprotunistic to say the least)
- Brent Slinkard, Indiana Cutters (spend a practice with him and see)
- Dane Hill, Madison County Pirates (always prepared, no quit in his teams)
- James Stamper, Indiana Mustangs (always seems to have the most physical team on the field; has withstood the test of time and the various challenges of semi-pro football)

this top ten coach stuff is ok but how why are players rating coaches when we don't even listen to our coaches. or if the coach didn't make the list is it because you are mad at that coach the best coach is the one who doesn't kiss ur ass and pushes you till you are ready to quit, not the one who licks ur balls when you make a great play, so with that being said the best coach is.....me Daffy Duck

just a fan
this top ten coach stuff is ok but how why are players rating coaches when we don't even listen to our coaches. or if the coach didn't make the list is it because you are mad at that coach the best coach is the one who doesn't kiss ur ass and pushes you till you are ready to quit, not the one who licks ur balls when you make a great play, so with that being said the best coach is.....me Daffy Duck

Sorry Just a Fan...the coaches I listed above, I did listen to..and probably learned more about the game from any of them than I did from any of the rest I have played under or have played against.

Honestly, I have never played under a coach I didnt like....why, because he was doing the same thing...sacrficeing his time to do something that he loves to do. did I disagree with a few of the coaches I didnt list..sure, but the reason I didnt name them wasnt for that reason..the ones I have listed have put so much into this game and for that I gave them credit

just a fan

Actually, I played and now I am coaching...

Good for you... You must be proud of yourself. All the coachs I know have played at some time. Good job keeping up the tradition.

Actually I am proud of myself.... Proud at the fact that I am a good husband. Proud of the fact that I am a good friend. And proud at the fact that I am a good person... I guess I'm an ok coach - mainly because I care about the game and the people that I am involved with and they clearly see that... The football stuff is secondary.

Ok i'm glad you love your coach until you disagree with him your a pussy and I have played with you and you are a brown noser so what you said doesn't even matter, so let's see which teams suck top 5 chokers:
1.Tornados
2.Warriors
3-10.All NAFL teams suck
But let me be real I bet $1000.00 that one Of those top two will be champs and no other team in indiana will play them. I hate to say it but it is true they are the best and I hate both of those teams.
So on that note if any of you top 10 coaches have the balls to face one of those teams and you win I'll pay ya 500.00

Nice try. No one is that stupid. Players can't even pay their players fee but your willing to pay $500.00 bucks if someone beats on of them . You wont even put your name( Anthony M. GM OF THE WARRIORS LOL ) No one will trust you.

What makes a good coach in semi-pro football?
1. Is he always at practice
2. Does he know the game well enough to teach grown men who think they know it all but really don't
3. Can he motivate
4. can he seperate friend from player
5. Can he have a produtive practice with limited number of players

these are just some things that make good semipro coaches

How the fuck would you know who is good and who is bad unless you've played for them? How can you make a top 10 list? Doubt anyone here has played for more then 1 or 2 active coachs within the IFL.