supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What happened to the Jay County Panthers?

Just read on the GMFL website that the Panthers didn't show for a preseason game against the Rock County Gladiators in WI.

What happened?

Re: What happened to the Jay County Panthers?

Is this a suprise to anyone. Also they have on there website that one of their linemen signed with the Chicago indoor team but big suprise he is not on that teams roster.

More stupidity to come. I am sure of it!!!!

How did they even have a lineman that could sign anywhere? are you a real team if you haven't played a game? Oh yeah, Peyton Manning was on my teams roster like 12 years ago before he signed with the Colts. Does that count?

You dont know the full story, so shut up!

So, what is the full story? Not trying to start trouble, just curious what happened.

a make believe football team playing in a league that doesn't exist...nuff sed

they did have a player from the afl he must have gotten spotted earlier on in his career and had connections he was a big guy

what?
a make believe football team playing in a league that doesn't exist...nuff sed

Actually, the league does exist and has a number of good, solid teams in it...but they're all in Michigan. Jay County is the only Indiana team.

1st off yall talkin all this shit and dont even no whats goin on. we got a solid team and play in a league. GLFL to be xact. and for the bum ass that Got sumthin to say that would be GREAT LAKES FOOTBALL LEAGUE. AND PLENTY MORE TO B SIGNED IN THE FUTURE. GOT TALENT? WE DO. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE GLFL TEAMS AND FOR GET WHAT THESE FUCK FACES TALKIN BOUT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What ever you say....

How do you know you got talent? you haven't won a game yet, you haven't plated a game yet, so what is your basis for saying you got talent?
How many games you gonna skip? Shit, you guys are th best team in the state right? the piss-ant teams won't "step-up" to play you, but you have a team that will, and you don't bother to show up... this shit sounds kinda familiar

We won a 7 on 7 tournament. So check yourself.

Who takes a 7 on 7 tournament like it's bullshit? BULLSHIT!!!! If you want to crown yourselves, THEN CROWN YOURSELVES!!! IMMA LET YA OFF THA HOOK!

Yeah but when you have 14 players playin against each other on two teams in Zeb's backyard...it really don't count as a 7 on 7 tournament you stupid piece o' $hit!!!!

You really got enuf playas for a 7 on 7 tourn?

We got game. The offer was made for one of you to step up and play us but nobody had the balls to play wit us. We play in a league with real teams.

Zeb please get on here and explain what happened. Your players are making your team look bad. I'm sorry I couldn't play for your team this year,(I wanted to stay with pistol, he throws me the ball) lol. It saddens me that you let your guys get on here talk all this shit. i remember with the cougars we barely know about this site, but we also didn't talk on here. If you notice around the leagues the teams that don't get on here are either new or have proven they can be a good team. respect is earned on the field. Is it so hard to wait a year when you win a few games to start talkin like your the greatest.

i do believe that the kc mustangs excepted and the panthers bitched out

None of which, of course, answers the real question.

I just wonder for the sake of the Michigan teams (I'm in Detroit) whether circumstances just fell out wrong last week or Jay County is in trouble.

There is another GLFL team (Genesee County Patriots) which is also probably a no-show for this season. If the Panthers fade out, that's really going to screw up everybody else's schedule.

The offer was made to IFL/MFL teams to play you and they wouldn't step up? Go Fuck yo self! The offer was made KNOWING that most of those teams don't start practicing much before nowsince their season doesn't start until july and they wouldn't be ready. Shit I can think of at least 3or 4 of those teams that would beat you without having that much practice time.
I also heard that counterr offers were made from some of those teams to play you during bye weeks or in the post season. which ones did you accept?
Play somebody, win somethin, then talk your shit pussy!

All bullsh*t aside, there are NOT many, if any Indiana teams that are scared to play ANY Zeb Sutton ran squad, and Zeb knows that for a fact! There are one of three reason why Zeb couldn't or wouldn't get any pre-season games out of any of the IFL of MFL teams. One, many of the teams were only beginning their practices. Two, the ones who were getting for their seasons already had a full pre-season schedules, there's no need to schedule any more games. Finally and most importantly, we all have something like a history with Sutton. He has stood up way too many teams for them to schedule a game with him (home or away) only for him to pull a no-show. I'd say more, but I'm not in the mood for getting cussed out at practice tomorrow.

Look all i really truly want to know is if this team really is or isnt a team or not. Truth be told I have a few players from around that area that have joined us in our team workouts and the story is that the team isnt put together, now let me say this right now, i do not know if this is true or not im only stating what was told to me by 3 guys that are on the roster of the panthers website, we have welcomed them to our team as long as they have no other ties with any other teams and they have all told us that this team will either not field a team or the team will not compete, i as a captain want to know if this is true because i do not want guys on my team that are not goin to be depended on when times are rough...so could someone please email me and let me know the truth, if the team is folding then thats sad if not then just say so without all of the anger as if you are bein attacked

I attempted to set up a pre-season game on one of the dates that Zeb said he had open in an earlier post, this was his response:

Andy,

Thanks for the response. I need to run it past our players board. we were playing in the GIFA but have switched to the Great Lakes Football League and we have our kickoff classic we are suppose to attend but we arnt playing in it it;s just set up so all the players can get to know each other. We are wanting more games i will talk it over with the board and get back with you i also need to get clearance to skip the classic.

Jay County Panthers,
Zeb Sutton-Coach

I haven't heard anything since. Why do some of you get on this board and talk trash and say that you will play anybody anytime and anywhere and then back out. To me it makes you and your organization look really bad.

Andy Crisp
K.C. Mustangs

1 hope they don't fold as that will screw alot of things up for michigan teams

2 when did indiana get good at football. yo all talk like gods ut I haven't seen any team from ind win a meaning ful game in years

i could have sworn that a team from Indiana just won the National Title....and a few years back another team from Indiana brought home the National Title

Crush VS. Panthers june 27 at the CCC at 4pm. They contacted us over the weekend. We are looking forward to this one.

EC,

Whoa! You should fact check a little.
When was the last time Michigan had 'good football'? The 1997 Michigan Wolverines?

Even though Indiana hasnt had a good college team in a loooooong time.

Ha ha Michigan a football powerhouse year right. GO LIONS!!! 0-16 isn't too bad. Hey things have to go better this year right?? Geez the laws of probability say you have to a #1 pick right once in awhile. Boy I sure hope Dick Rod turns things around in the Big House this year...wait a second no I don't Michigan football sucks. I'm glad to see them suffer after they hired that @sshole!!

Barry, you can give it to us straight man, tell us how you really feel and don't sugar coat it this time.

Pretty sure I was talking aout semipro for one, I can't say much for the wolverines until they do something under this guy.
When did a team other than maybe the Indiana Tornados do anything?? And I'm not talking about those knock off title games.
Pretty sure I can talk since I've been with either the Force or the Seminoles the last few years and no one from Ind. was touching any of those teams. Pretty sure we tried to schedule games with the big teams from Ind and were told NO

how about the indiapolis hurricanes??? yeah they def won the big title. and the patriots have been ranked top ten in the country for like 3 years. and why not talk about the tornadoes? they are from indiana. shut up ec, your an idiot

there are to many national championship games, a national chapionship doesnt mean a national championship at this level.

That Patiots team is a joke, sorry but I don't take them serious at all. Schedule some teams out of the MFL, IFL, or LSFL and see how ya do. Cause ya won't be winning that many games. Play some of the top teams from the MCFL or USFA and see what happens. When you win then you can talk. Till then...... Oh how many title games have you played in??? Right, point proven

That's right, I played for the Farce and the Semen-holes(as far as any of you idiots know) nobody would play us! We WERE the shit nobody would have touched us but since I don't play nemore i can only talk shit on this board!
The IFL and MFL are jokes their teams are shit and really shouldn't even call themselves football teams. They are just slightly more than organized pick-up games that we all played in our back yards as kids! The MSNCAFL is where the REAL playas are the rest of you pukes can SUCK IT!!!!

Shit man, get off our balls!
"EC" whoever the hell you are man, we can be a joke to you, who cares? You have probably never even seen the Patriots play a game, so you have NO clue about the team. I'll make you the same deal that I have for a couple other haters that want to talk shit. When YOU step up and start paying the bills for this team to travel all over hell's half-acre to play football games that don't mean anything in the big picture, then you can put down the league we choose to play in, or even the opponets we play in general. Until then, shut the hell up. You don't see any of our players on here shit talkin other teams, or calling any other leagues trash.
All of these leagues do the same damn thing. They give Grown Men the chance to play competitive football against other Grown Men who want to kepp playing because they love the game.
This isn't life, it's a kids game that we get to keep playing as grown-ups! I wish some peeps could get that through their damaged brains!
Your Turn!!!!!

Bearcats47
Even though Indiana hasnt had a good college team in a loooooong time.

LOL. There's a certain college team in Ft. Wayne that would beg to differ.

? Who?

He is talking about the St Francis Cougars.
They have been in the NAIA Natty three out of the last four years I believe.

WOLF
He is talking about the St Francis Cougars.
They have been in the NAIA Natty three out of the last four years I believe.

Yes Sir...Cougar Football...
http://saintfranciscougars.com/football

My son is a Freshman there and is number 2 on the Depth Chart as TE...Unfortunately they use a spread

Hell of a program and last year went 13-1 lost in the Semi-Finals to eventual NAIA National Champions...

yeah the generals qb holds every record from that school

The story is they are going to be traveling to NY for a game this weekend. The question is how can they afford to do this on a regular basis. I just don't get it. I would like to know what is going on w/ this team

Shut yo mouth fool.

The Panthers are scheduled to play the Lakeshore Cougars this weekend. It's the start of league play in the GLFL.

I don't know where you heard New York, but the Cougars are in Grand Haven, Michigan. Not quite as far.

They are no longer w/ the GLFL, they are supposedly back w/ the GIFA

Looks like Zeb pulled another screw you deal on a league cause the New York team is on his website, along with a 5 game season.

More important than the league getting screwed is the players. Now they have to make the trips to NY an only get 5 games. Its not just Zeb, its his 20+ players that he represents.
I love football but to make a trip to New York for a regular season half farce league, no thank you.

They only have 5 conference game scheduled, but if you look under the "non-conference" heading they also have 3 out-of-league games scheduled--Columbus Fire, Classic City Crush, and London Silverbacks--for a total of 8 games.

The real shame in all of this is that, as of yesterday, the Lakeshore Cougars had not been informed. Now they're scrambling to find a replacement team for their home opener.

Classy, Panthers. Real classy.

If they were going to back out of any game, it should have been the Columbus Fire game. That is going to be UGLY! The Fire are big and physical and enjoy punishing lesser teams without mercy. I have played for very good teams that have beat them, but also had the opportunity to be on the losing side of a very lopsided game while playing for a very young and undermanned organization. They were relentless and are not known to take their foot off the accelerator, so enjoy that game Panthers.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize publicly to the Jay County Panthers and their owner for anything negative I thought or said over this situation.

Evidently it's not their fault. The once-and-still-shoud-be-dead GIFA served them with a lawsuit, and now they're screwed--they can't play in the GLFL until this is settled, but they can't really afford to travel to New York and West Virginia as the GIFA requires.

At best, their season is ruined. At worst, they'll have to fold. And none of it is really their fault.

My apologies, Panthers. And screw the GIFA.

They signed a 2 year contract, so they have to fold to get out of it.

New York Renegades- 38
Jay County Panthers- 6

EC
That's right, I played for the Farce and the Semen-holes(as far as any of you idiots know) nobody would play us! We WERE the shit nobody would have touched us but since I don't play nemore i can only talk shit on this board!
The IFL and MFL are jokes their teams are shit and really shouldn't even call themselves football teams. They are just slightly more than organized pick-up games that we all played in our back yards as kids! The MSNCAFL is where the REAL playas are the rest of you pukes can SUCK IT!!!!

Wow, who said I wasn't playing for 1 of them. Sure wouldn't be surprised if this was hoss playing games on the boards again.
I do have my opinions, but I would talk this trashy to people. Sorry this person posted as me.