supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The IFL is making mistakes

First off I will start this post by saying that I am a huge IFL fan. I have been for several years. With that being said I am not posting my real name for fear that my opinions will not be heard if they know who I am. The IFL is in trouble. They are making some huge mistakes.

First off the leadership of the league is suspect. Mustang Santa seems like a nice guy but is he really leadership material. When the Mustangs first starterd he ran the entire show the first year. Then that off season his team decided that he was not capable of being the leader so he became nothing more then a glorified equipment manager. Once again nothing against him. He seems like a nice guy but if his own team does not want him leading their team then how can he lead the league.

Second off the blueprint for how to run a league has been laid out for them over the last several years and they are choosing to ignore it. There has been specific meetings dedicated to certain things. Like expansion, rules and schedule. They tried to come out with the schedule before May and it bit them by having a team fold. Now they are trying to fix this mistake by making another one by letting a team into the league this late. Either this team just started or they were not in a league yet. Either way this is not a good move for them. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Guys quit trying to reinvent the wheel and follow what has been done for you by Bushman, Edwards and Maloy.

Please get it together.

Re: The IFL is making mistakes

Could be worse. You could be in the MFL and your president could be named Earl Parson.

That's not our president's name.

Earl's not the president anymore? When did that change? I know he's been messing up, but I didn't know he was replaced. Can you shed some light on that comment??

Bearcat47 is the new president.

Earls last name is has a "S" that was left off the end. Someone is just being a smart ass about the president thing.

You're right. I AM being a smartass. With so many nameless dumbasses someone had to be.

I dont get why so many people constantly bitch about nameless people when that is how this message board has been SINCE IT STARTED. If you dont like it dont look at it.

Being the Head Coach of the K.C. Mustangs and a part of the Mustangs since their first season, I can say that bearcat is way off in his theory of Sid Phillips. Yeah Sid may have step aside as a coach after the first year, but that is because he is man enough to admit it when somebody else with a little better understanding about coaching comes around. Plus Sid's prior coaching experience (like 20 years) has only been with youth football players. And there is a big difference between dealing with eager to learn youth and ego filled adults. And your second point about Sid being a "glorified equipment manager" is way off track. Sid Phillips IS the K.C. Mustangs. I promise you that this team would not be here today if it was not for Sid. Any semi pro team in the country would be lucky to have a guy like Sid running the everyday operations. I can't tell you how many times a day I say "that is a Sid questions. Go ask him".

As for the IFL making bad decisions I really disagree with you there also. Yeah there was a mess up with the schedule being posted to early. But I was at that meeting when we got the schedules and I remember being told not to post them until everything was in place. Yes a team dropped out of the IFL, (What league does that not happen too?) But is speaks a lot about the IFL, when they can just call up a team and say "If you want in, you can be in" and a team will jump at the opportunity.

Also about following groundwork that has already been laid. Being a business major I can tell you that you better be willing to change or you will get left in the dust (GM, FORD, DODGE).

Lets look at the positive CHANGES the IFL are making. 1. Going to NFL Rules and Time Clock. 2. Have two Divisions to keep travel costs low for teams in the struggling economy. 3. Always playing top notch competitive football.

So in my Opinion.... Everything is right on.

Tyler Anglin
K.C. Mustangs

Being the Head Coach of the K.C. Mustangs and a part of the Mustangs since their first season, I can say that bearcat is way off in his theory of Sid Phillips.

I read through these posts and bearcat did not start this thread. It was started by IFL fan. Just thought you might like to know that.

Yep My bad. IFL FAN!!! is who i ment.

Thanks Observer!

Sorry Bearcat, don't really know why I put your name in there. Maybe because my dog was killed by a bearcat and i have something against them. (joke)

Tyler Anglin
K.C. Mustangs

IFL fan does have a few valid points. And is entitled to his opinion. But attacking Sid is not the way to go here. The IFL makes their decisions as a group. Not Sid or any other one person making a decision like that. All the teams are supposed to send representatives to IFL board meetings and there is supposed to be discussion about these kind of things. And if a meeting can't be called on pressing issues then e-mails start flying.
Allowing a team into the IFL this close to the season opener may not be a bad thing. The players on the Panthers probably are glad to get to play anywhere. So what if they are not "IFL quality" in 2009. But what says they won't be in 2010 or 2011. Experience speaks volumes in future years. And the open dates for IFL teams because of another team dropping out means that the team still standing loses much needed funds. At least a game means gate money. And gate money means those bills get payed. Right Sid? As in good business decision for the IFL. As in good leadership on Sid's part if that is the way it came down.
As far as Sid's coaching ability. I can't speak for Sid. But I can speak for me. I have 22 years coaching youth athletics. 7 of them football. No I cannot coach semi-pro because I would be totally out of my realm. But when it comes to youth sports, well I was elected to the American Youth Football League Hall of Fame for a reason. So Sid was probably out of his comfort zone. But can any of you say you could coach kids?
Good Luck all IFL teams. And welcome Panthers. Prove me right.

What exactly is this "IFL quality" you speak of?

Great question Panther. IFL quality is a team who talks on the field not on a web-site like this threatening to beat up your dog, smacks you in the mouth on the field but is the first to offer you their hand in friendship, and in many cases knows the guy wearing the different color shirt on the same field is the opposition but also will meet you in the middle of the field after it is all done, and thank God for keeping you safe. And if you're lucky enough to beat the other team, regardless of the score, you keep it real. I know there are better skilled teams then those in the IFL. But I have never been in a league where there is RESPECT for all the teams.

Tyler Anglin, how's it going lil fella. Just thought I'd let you know my fingers did finally heal...I know it's been on your mind for the past few years!! Haha.

NFL rules huh?! Looks like I got out of the game just when it is gonna get fun. No more "cut box", and a set of rules that are actually documented!! YAY! I know there has been discussion about cut blocks on here, but now that they are allowed anywhere (I'm assuming, since NFL rules and all) it should make offenses a little more challenging to defend.

Now before all you cut block haters come out of the woodwork realize a couple things. Cut blocks ANYWHERE on the field are legal in NCAA, NAIA, and NFL. Plus, it's no dirtier than tackling a RB below the waist. It's just one more tool in a technically sound o-lineman's cabinet.

So if you complain, I assume you've played no higher than highschool ball...or you are a big hairy vajay-jay like tyler (i'm gonna beat you with my stunning good looks) anglin!

Anyhoo...I miss all you fellas , have fun and stay safe!

Thad

Sorry Hoss. The cutbolck is still in the guard box right now. It is one of the exceptions to the NFL rules. We have a set of exceptions just like we had with federation rules

Tyler does not know it but he has just made my point. NFL rules is the dumbest move you can make. Can you hire NFL officials if not this makes no sense. You are going to be haveing High School officials calling NFL rules. Stupid move. If you think the officiating was bad before and that the officials did not know the rules before wait till this year. You are asking an official to call a high school game on Friday night several youth games on Saturday and then switch mindsets and call an NFL game on Saturday night. Also I did not attack Sid. I said several times as far as I know he is a nice guy and a hard worker but not president material.

It does not matter how you spin it adding a team this late is not a good thing.

Change does not always mean good things.

Unlike our friend IFL Fan I am willing to post my name so that you know exactly who is writing to you.

IFL fan

By the comments that you made in this post I feel that you are requesting a response from me. Sid has been with the Mustangs since conception of the team however, he has never been the sole leader of this organization. Sid, is arguably the best General Manager on any team in the country. You are probably not aware of what it takes to field a semi-pro football team, but I do, and Sid takes care of most if not all of the big and little details that make us successful.

What I do not understand is that you do not know Sid, yet you come on here and say that he is not qualified to be the president of the IFL. I have news for you and anyone that does not know how the IFL does business, the president does not dictate to the league what we are going to do. We have a board that is made up of one representative per team that votes on every issue. The president does keep the meetings in order and keeps the members on track. For that Sid is very qualified.

I do not know who you are but, from your comments I can tell that you are not a Fan but a player. If you are going to get on this site and bad mouth someone please have the balls to state your name. Don't give some bull#$%* excuse as to why you are unwilling to do so.

Andy Crisp
K.C. Mustangs

But by not adding this team. The league board would have had to rework the entire schedule!! This was a simple and easy fix. Stop complaining about it and lets play ball! The IFL wont know if it was a good move until after the season is over. If it fails then you can voice your opinion. If anyone has a reason to complain its us raiders who now has to take a almost 4 hr drive to bloomington to play the cutters. The reason why we havent complained is simple we all get to still play the game we all so love!!

Raider is so right. Let's see if it works out or not before passing judgement.
Andy...Call me later.

Mike Kemper

Moore:

I complain when something is stupid, such as letting anonymous posters throw so much crap on here that you don't know what or who to take seriously.

If you didn't like a law in your city or town would you tell everyone to stop complaining because that's they way it had been since the beginning?

I respect your opinion, I just disagree.

You get someone on here named 'IFL Fan'....who is this? There are probably 15 people who have used that screen name. And this person is obviously a player or coach and not a fan just by his/her knowledge of the league, its management, and its history.

So while the post may shed light that someone in some organization somewhere is unhappy with the way things are run, nothing gets accomplished because the person is too much of a coward to stand behind what he says.

Well said Bearcat

Mike, I will give you a call in a little while.

Andy

Im not tring to push buttons but you have your MFL board which requires registration, there is the Semi-Pro headquarters message board which requires registration and yet you rarely see anyone from this area on them.

The site was made to be annonomus, hell someone not affiliated with the bearcats could be posting as bearcat47 and the rest of us would never know. Ive seen other posts from people calling themself bearcat or something similar bashing a team, but that dont mean it was them. I dont belive most of whats on this site unless it is also on a league site or team site to confirm it.

If you want to know who is posting there are several other message boards to go to.

Moore:

That's exactly my point. Someone could post under my name and we wouldn't know who it was. Fact is, when I post on here I want people to know for sure who is posting. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to take anything ANYONE says seriously. I could go on here under your name and put something like "Bearcat47 is right, I agree with him completely." While that would be childish and stupid, people have done things like that on here before. And would anyone know the difference? Probably not.

What I'm getting at is that anonymous posting makes us all look very unprofessional. And I think that defeats the purpose of what most of us are trying to accomplish. A lot of semipro websites link directly to this one and not to their respective league boards because you get more of a mix of teams on here. It's quicker to get info, scores, and stories. It makes it easier to contact people. And if it weren't for all the anonymous garbage and backstabbing on here it might get linked to our website.

As it is I don't want the average person who might make a judgment call on us through what he sees on the internet to see this website because, at present, it makes us look sloppy and ignorant.

Sup Hoss!! its been a long time. You got out of football just in time, because playing football is for the weak nerds. And all the hot chicks go after the coaches now. Sooo.....if you want to jump on a coaching staff, i just happen to know about one looking for a very good looking ex-center.

Glad your fingers healed.

Tyler Anglin
K.C. Mustangs

who gives a fuck the IFL will do just fine and people will always post on here anonomously... TOUGH SHIT....
OPEN BOARD= if you cant handle the fact that i can use whatever name. please then quit visiting this site and go stare at the MFL site.... The site was started by an IFL'er anyway so pissoff

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood:

The only thing worse than a moron is a moron who can't speak without cursing. You are a prime example of why I would never tell people to bring their kids to semi-pro football game. We are judged by our actions and you are acting like an idiot. Most teams would want fans to come to their games, but it's people who talk and act like you that limit all of us. The key to advancement is adaptation and this website fails to adapt to people like you who happily run their mouth like a delinquent 9th grader. While some people are trying to move forward and make things better, people like you with poor attitudes are bringing us all down.

Enjoy your day.

I just wish the IFL Champion would quit ducking teams from Evansville.

90 Miles either way.

hold on buddy, we have not ducked any team, if both teams cant come together on a date that is good for both teams then the game wont happen....its like if we shoot out a date and the other team doesnt want it, but then if your team comes up with a date and it doesnt work for us then that means we are ducking ppl and thats bull....we have had teams that wanted to play us in may, hell we dont even start getting together to practice until may our tryouts arent even until the end of may so what sense does that make for us to take a game in may? none......we have openly said that we need a game for the 27th of june, which we now have, we also need a game for the 11th of July...I mean what do you want, we have a 10 game season already, it will take 113 or 14 games in order to win it all, plus we are tryin to get 2 preseason games that would make 15 or 16 games for the season, no high school or college even plays that many games, ppl need to calm down...i dont know about the other teams that have won the league championship in the IFL but i get tired of hearing or reading ppl call the Cutters out for no reason, all of our contact info is on the web, if you really want to get at us you can, and trust, we keep and share, and forward all emails that have been sent to us or by us, so there is no need for someone to get on here and try to say that they have contacted us and we declined when we had an open date....i do however wish everybody that suits up this year good luck

Dre this is typical shit! these guys just come on here and start typing with their sacks and never compromise on a date... either they just want to get shit going or they have no say in weather their team can commit. More than likely if a challenge or a game is brought up on here its BULLSHIT... If someone wants to play they will email and compromise. just reply with the same stupid shit they do... if they want to play a league champ May is not the time to challenge them, try early october before or after the all star game!! Ive dealt with this shit since 05 it never changes some backup defensive back who just so happens to be an IT professional has alot of time on the computer and likes to imagine what their team can do. Good luck winning games on your computer!!

Kurt36
Cutters

It seems that every date that gets thrown out there, you have some excuse not to play us. That ok though, I wouldnt want to play us either if I were you.

Really, who is this dude anyway, why dont you win something first before you get on here and brag about yourself, this is terrible, once again, we are not hard to find, my info is posted, all of my coaches info is posted, and our owners info is posted, why dont you start by posting your name, and stop hiding behind a team name that you might not even play for...As a matter of fact, I want to apologize to the BEARCATS because its not the team that is on here doing this shit, its individuals...Even though I dont agree with Chris posting what he posted up above, I still have respect for him and the team that he came from and I will admit, last yr Chris contacted me about a game and I dropped the ball on that one, not my team not my coaches I, Andre Key, dropped the ball by not informing my owners and coaches in a timely manner, and when I did things were already set up, so thats my fault, but when it came up again this yr I told them right off the bat and they planned for that, we wanted to wait to see what teams left and what teams got into the IFL and we wanted to see when the season was goin to start before we started setting up games, however, every yr we dont start until May because most of our players are students so we try to give them time to finish up with classes and we, as an organization, are not going to shun them and start in jan or feb like some teams just so we can play a preseason game in May. Then we heard a rumor that the Titans were folding, then we had a team OFFER to come to our place and play us, just outta the blue, which in turn helps us money wise by having a home game, we then tried to switch the date of that game because I checked the website and saw that the Bearcats had an open date on the 27th of June, maybe two days later that slot was closed by what we believed was supposed to be the Bearcats vs the Tornado's so there went that. So what do you want us to do? We want to play ball and we want to play good ball clubs, not so we can pound our chest and so oh yeah we are the best, we wanna do it because we love the game. Some of you need to check between ya legs and stop acting like you piss sitting down. Show some class and dignity and stop showing up your team and its good name

Funny how the Cutters kept harping on the Pats for a game last season even after the Pats coach had said something about not being able to play on the dates the cutters had available. Now the cutters have someone doing it to them and they dont like it. Hurry up and get the game going so the powerhouse from evansville can prove a point.

what has the team from evansville even done?? i wish the cutters would play yall and smash you so youd shut the hell up..cuz im pritty sure they would
Ben Musick #2 elkhart shamrock

Dre,

Thanks for putting that out there. Additionally, the Tri-State Titans in 2008 offered to travel to Bloomington and pay $500 to your organization in order to make a game happen against the Cutters.

For the record, I am only a player now, and only speak for Chris Cooke and not an organization.

I don't mean any disrespect by my previous post, but it is silly for ranked teams so close not to work something out at some point during the year.

A Cutters vs Bearcats game would be good for Semi-Pro Football in Indiana. I would like to see more Semi-Pro teams man up like the MOJ, WV Lightning, KY Wolverines, and NEMO Cyclones and play the games that people want to see happen. Again, in my opinion, to be the best and talk like some do on here, you must play and win against the best. I will be the first to admit, I have played the best with very few wins against teams ranked #1, but how many of you IFLer's can even say that you played two #1 ranked teams in a season? It is funny to me how I don't see many teams on here take games against ranked teams from other leagues but feel free to run off of the mouth about how great they are.

If our sport is to grow, owners and team managers must act a little more Pro and less Semi.

I am sure everyone knows how to reach Bearcat #47 if they want to talk about playing a team from Evansville in 2009 and beyond.

BMusick2,

This is America, I can say what I want and not answer to you. If you have something to say, schedule a game with us. Bearcat47, I will put my own money up for our team to travel to Elkhart and shut BMusick2 the hell up!

I am sick and tired of paper champions and the haters who follow them....

hahaha and im sick of teams that aint done shit or proven shit gettin on here tryin to call league champs out like they owe them something...what would the cutters prove by beatin u...ur nobody win ur league then call people out

BMusick2,

Did you even read my entire post?

I just put my money where my mouth is. The charter bus is on standby as I type.

I don't like to get on this board too often but with all this going on I am compelled to address this. First off I have the a lot of respect for the Cutters. Everything that I have seen or read about you guys has been positive. Dre has always come on here and made educated comments that are positive in nature. Hell I met some of your players on the way up to the MFL Championship game last year and every one of those players conducted themselves very well and had great comments to us. I personally would love to play the Cutters but schedules may not match up. That's no ones fault. People seem to forget that this is a business too. I am sure that in the future if we can work a game out then it will happen.

As far as Evansville team being gay and sucking that crap doesn't bother me. I have been called worse and i'm sure that I will again in the future. I do have to agree that we haven't earned the right to talk too much crap. We won a few games last year. We lost the big one though. I am doing everything in my power to make sure that we earn the right to get back and win a championship but this is 2009. We have old players coming back and we have added some new ones. We haven't done anything this year so until then we are unproven. I will say the same thing next year about the 2010 Bearcats. We all start off 0-0. Good luck to all the athletes, coaches and owners this season no matter what league you are in.

To the Bearcats getting on here: I am making this policy as of now. Stay off these boards. If you have a problem come talk to me.

bearcat 54
at 385lbs i wouldnt put anything near you mouth u might eat it!
is the charter bus just for you?
Kurt36

Hey Chris, like i said that was my fault last yr, not the teams, and it didnt have anything to do with the money, or you guys having won something, i dropped the ball and by the time i got around to putting my coaches on to what you guys wanted to do it was too late....
Futhermore, no Cutter Leader has ever come on here or on any other site and called out ANY TEAM, Pats included, we have talked to Wolf in the manner that good business men should, meaning we talked to him and not to THIS BOARD. If a person from the Cutters gets on here and talks all outta pocket and doesnt post his name then more than likely he is not a Cutter. It not that we dont like being called out, thats fine, thats what happens when u start winning, i dont like when ppl say that we are ducking ppl or we turned down offers for no reason other than we dont wanna play someone, that b.s...like i said every email that is exchanged we keep and we share with one another so we all get imput on if we think its good to play a team at a certain time, we are not going to be playing the Bearcats or any team in May or early june, we will however look at dates after or before our All Star game, which im not sure if we are having this year, so trust me we have things in mind of what we want to do

Dre,

No problems here. I respect your organization. Good Luck in 2009 and going forward.

Jake,

I donated money to keep this site up and running this year and will post as I see fit. This is America and I am not getting paid to play this sport.

I will post under Chris Cooke going forward and my posts as always will represent my own opinion and are not tied to any team or organization.

Well THAT got off topic and out of hand real quick.

It sure did get off topic. I have to take back half of what I posted.

"To the Bearcats getting on here: I am making this policy as of now. Stay off these boards."

Guess we know who isnt running the show.

What does that even mean? You shit-starters are getting dumber every second.

I blame it on Chris.....he took this thing way to the left like Beyonce.....lmao
Naw Chris, you know I dont have any beef with you or any team that you play for and it really wasnt even your post that put me over the edge, this has been something that we have been dealing with since we got started. I mean before we even won anything ppl had been saying this stuff about us. Its like we are not allowed to have fans that love and support us or something. I mean, FANS get on here and say how much they love us and how THEY feel we will do this yr, and then ppl wanna get mad at us for what they say, I mean shit, how many times have you been a FAN of the Lakers or the Cavs and been like so and so is gonna win it all this yr, but instead of attacking you somebody attacks the TEAM? Its not the team saying we are gonna do this and that, its fans, so please dont get mad and disrespectful towards the team...By the way the Lakers suck....lmao
Im sure that will get a rise outta some ppl on here. Seriously though, we want to play good teams, we are willing to do everything we can in order to make that happen as long as it isnt at the expense of the TEAM, because thats all that matters. I mean the Bearcats could say we are willing to play on July 4th weekend and we will take that information back to the team and it will be put to a discussion, if we have 80players and 60 say they cant or dont wanna do it that week then it wont happen, but that doesnt mean we dont wanna play, it just means that its not gonna be in the best interest of either team...Trust me, we will see each other on the field when things fall into place...Good luck on the upcoming season, im sure its going to be a good one

DreKey,

I like where your head's at.
We may have to get in touch after the MFL and IFL seasons are over.

Zach Tieken
OR Bearcats

i think what voice was saying is that jake neumann said stay off the boards and he was ignored. meaning a few bearcats dont listen to the boss.

Trust me Zach, we will get in touch with one another, I hope you got Coach Slinkards number when I emailed it to you, if not I can shoot it to you again, either way it goes we have your stuff and we are looking at you guys and what you are doing. Im a fan and I have already put the MFL on notice because I have seen the moves that you guys have made this year and I know you will be bringing it

Paper Champions?? lol...now that is funny!!

To the Bearcats getting on here: I am making this policy as of now. Stay off these boards."

Guess we know who isnt running the show.

Just to be clear, I DID NOT POST THIS!!!!

DreKey,

I did get that number, thank you for replying with that quickly. I hope your team does well this season while you go for the repeat.

Often times we all get a little intense with the game as I'm sure Chris can atest to. It's fun and we all want to see the best match-ups possible. As long as we don't get personal and carried away with ourselves I don't see why a little trash talk isn't warranted. It kind of adds to the game as long as it is classy and educated.

I'm not overly familiar with the Titans-Cutters dealings before they folded, but I'm sure that if the opportunity presents itself the Bearcats and Cutters will see each other on the field in good time.

With that being said, we were searching for some good pre-season games this year to get us into the heat of competition. We have the Bulls in June and we were supposed to have the Tornados as well but it didn't pan out. That happens. I personally did not have any contact with the Cutters although they were on my list of potential teams to play this year and still are. But now it's gotten late and the schedules for preseason have been pretty well set.

Now both of us will be focusing on our respective schedules. Hopefully that's where our players' focus will remain until after the MFL/IFL playoffs are over. After that, hopefully we'll both have some hardware to show for it and can start the wheels in motion.

To others,

Jake Neumann is the owner of the Ohio River Bearcats. I currently am the acting President. I will act with the authority that Jake has given me and if he wants something different to happen then it will be followed. I would not be posting on here if Jake didn't want it. My posts will represent my team and myself as will any of Jake's. All others will be representing themselves. If we have an internal problem with our team you can rest assured that we can deal with it better than any of you.

Also, if you don't post your name when you post a message on here you forfeit any automatic respect that I would give to someone who identifies themself. If you have negative comments about our organization you are free to fire them off on here as long as you have reasoning and can identify at least your team affiliation. If not then don't be surprised by my response.

Ztieken

bearcat47 is a idiot. the dude running this site is nameless you jackass.

Yes but he doesn't get on here and make retarded comments about teams or the people associated with them. He stays pretty well unbiased in his responses.

LMAO,

Congratulations! You've become the first person inducted into the Moron Hall of Fame. Don't worry though, I'm sure you won't be alone for long.

Anonymous post=FEAR

FEAR = Fuc|< Evansville Area Residents!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Enjoy!

No Name Needed:

You're inductee number 2. Hell, you might even be the same guy as LMAO. This might be the only club you can enter more than once. Congratulations, you're a HOF moron! While other people would take the time to educate themselves, you chose a different path and made yourself look incredibly stupid. Most people can tell that you can drop an F-Bomb on here completely unedited, but not you...you're a first class moron.

I don't ever recall Jake getting on here and posting like you have. You really dont look any better than the other people your going back and forth with. Reminds me of the old Evansville team.

Zach, give it up man, it's a fight you can't win. You are trying to intorduce logic and sense to some people that don't have either.
This is the exact reason that I don't let fans or sponsors know about this site. It can be entertaining, as long as you take it that way. But if someone got on here not knowing how it works, they would want nothing to do with minor league football. It's a damn shame that people that want to make legit statements on here really can't do it because someone will make some comment that is completely irrelevant and only making it to try and piss someone else off. Worst of all, they do it "annonymously" and it is explained away because the founder of the site itself is annonymous.
Yet another fight on another thread from long ago.

K. Neighbors:

Nice try, but until we get our owners, "sponsors", and players out on the field threatening and fist fighting each other as well as other teams, until we have players threatening to get their guns from the parking lot, and until we lose the confidence and trust of every reputable sponsor, business, and person in Evansville I'd say you're way off.

WOLF:

You're probably right. The worst thing about debating an irrational anonymous idiot is that they truly believe they're right even when they're dead wrong.

Anonymous Retards:
I'd try to put all you fools' teams on our schedule, but unfortunately I don't know who any of you cowards are. Internet tough guys, my email's on here if you want to play after the season, but like I said you might have to reveal who you are and I don't want you to have to piss down your legs.

Until then I'm signing off til the season starts or someone has something relevant to say.

about time you shut the hell up.

And I like men.

The 'roids have me so pissed off at this stupid anonymous posting site that I might have to go postal on all you bitches once the season starts. I think my head may just explode or my nuts may implode... either way it's not gonna be pretty!!!

Now THAT one was kinda funny.

First off let me say that I like these open discussions on here and not knowing who is posting them just makes it more interesting and quite frankly I think you do get more info than if someone had to register their names on here. I have picked up many things over the past few years on here that were from nameless posters and it is usually correct.
There are lots of people on here that the Cutter team a hard time and hey sometimes it is deserved, I remember when they first started and they had their posts all over this site and usually you knew what was going on just by reading their posts now NOBODY with any authority ever is on here it is always Dre now I'm not attacking Dre he is a stand up guy and very good player but he is not the one calling the shots on the Cutters and that is what is surprising where are the leaders of the Cutters???
Now about the I.F.L. making mistakes yes there are some mistakes being made but hey with the economy as it is it is going to be very hard not to have problems pop up, The new team will probably be a whipping boy for the other nine teams but Sid went out and got a team and made it happen so give him some credit. You can't be perfect so just wait and see before blasting the man.
The second thing I see is on the web site there is no home field listed for some teams and that to me on May 27th is a HUGE RED FLAG many schools are cutting back on renting fields and if a team doesn't have their field secured by this time in the season then I think that says they don't have a field.
I think many if the teams take lots of things for granted and they need to wake up and smell the coffee nothing is a given and when you lack the drive to get things done you my friends are finished football at this level requires TOTAL COMMITMENT and if you aren't will to give 110% then you need to walk away. There are many things that affect a season and I think that there are a couple of teams that have let out of control egos take over and if that is the case as I fear it is then those teams and organizations are DOOMED. Remember how you got to this point and who got you here and lets not be a black eye on semi-pro football in Indiana

DreKey #42 Indiana Cutters Defensive MVP
hold on buddy, we have not ducked any team, if both teams cant come together on a date that is good for both teams then the game wont happen....its like if we shoot out a date and the other team doesnt want it, but then if your team comes up with a date and it doesnt work for us then that means we are ducking ppl and thats bull....we have had teams that wanted to play us in may, hell we dont even start getting together to practice until may our tryouts arent even until the end of may so what sense does that make for us to take a game in may? none......we have openly said that we need a game for the 27th of june, which we now have, we also need a game for the 11th of July...I mean what do you want, we have a 10 game season already, it will take 113 or 14 games in order to win it all, plus we are tryin to get 2 preseason games that would make 15 or 16 games for the season, no high school or college even plays that many games, ppl need to calm down...i dont know about the other teams that have won the league championship in the IFL but i get tired of hearing or reading ppl call the Cutters out for no reason, all of our contact info is on the web, if you really want to get at us you can, and trust, we keep and share, and forward all emails that have been sent to us or by us, so there is no need for someone to get on here and try to say that they have contacted us and we declined when we had an open date....i do however wish everybody that suits up this year good luck

Dre I hate to say this but yes I think the Cutters have ducked many a chance to play a quality team in a pre-season game or non-league game. I've been around for many season I remember the Titans team there in Bloomington. Name me one quality team that the Cutters have played in a pre season game or non league game. The only time it happened was last season when you guys played the Thunder from Louisville and that was because you had lost your home opening game and didn't want to lose the revenue that team was no where near the same caliber of the Cutters it was a cakewalk and a joke. You guys never played any pre season in the MFL and now you refuse to play a quality team in the pre IFL season so I have to understand when people say you all are scared. There are so many teams that you could play and fill the house with fans but for some reason the leadership of the Cutters ALWAYS has an excuse as to why you can't play them. Now I have said that in the past three years since the Cutters were born they have played ONE count it ONE non-league game and that was against the Louisville Thunder.

Ok, lets see, where should I start, or better yet lets see what point should I reiterate? The Cutters are 3, count em' 3yrs old. Our first season we were in danger of not even being excepted into the MFL due to the fact that I was apart of the Titans which was also located in Bloomington and the MFL stated to them that they really didnt want 2 teams in such a small area and because of some of the ppl that we associated with the Cutters, who were actually being called the Panther, and they werent about good business, therefore we were going to vote no for the Cutters, and trust me If myself and Sarge would have said we didnt want them in we had enough votes to make it happen, HOWEVER, we decided that it wasnt right to take away an chance for other guys to play football so we voted yes. Myself and Sarge decided to fold the Titans due to funding and a lack of dedication by the ppl that said they were playing, when that happened Coach Slinkard and Coach Allen invited us out to dinner and asked us if we would play for them. At this point and time we had 20 players or better yet we had 20ppl, not a team. We then had out tryouts at the end of April and we had a nice turnout, we didnt start practice until the end of May damn near June and we were having trouble getting all of our guys out due to classes and we wanted a preseason game but as a first yr team and not knowing what type of team we would have didnt take one.

Last yr we come to the IFL with the Broncos, 3time champs, the Dragons, MFL champs, The Mustangs, runner up in the IFL, the Blazers and the Warriors who both had very impressive backgrounds, thats 5 tough ass games that we were looking at playing while being a second yr team that hadnt even won anything, and still thats not the reason we didnt have a preseason game, we didnt start practice until the second week in june, our season started on the 19th of july, that gave us a month to get ready, so once again, no preseason games for us. Also, how the hell were we supposed to know that the Broncos and the Dragons were going to fold?

Now we are in year 3 and we are IFL champs and ppl wanna say we are ducking them cuz we dont have any preseason games, well once again, we dont even start practice until next week, so how are we gonna take a preseason game in MAY???? I have stated many time that the majority of our players are college students, which comes before this game, so we dont have a good turnout even for our conditioning drills due to this, but we are supposed to play a preseason game to appease other ppl; we do what is in the best interest of the team, we stated that we needed 2 preseason games, one for the 27th of June and one on the 11th of July, we were contacted by a team to play on the 27th, still waitin on the 11th. If not moving our practices up to feb or march so that we can take a game in may or early june is ducking teams then QUAKE QUAKE, thats the sound that a DUCK makes for those of you that dont know, lol.....Bottom line is I watched a preseason game between the Broncos and the Dragons and i went away wishing that they would have played it at the end of the season because neither team looked sharp....we do not state our initial needs on this board, ie the need for a preseason game, we use our contacts, i went against the grain and posted our needs on here with my coaches blessing...
We wanted to play the Pats last yr after the season, the week we could play they couldnt, the week they could play we couldnt so i guess we ducked each other...some of you ppl need to grow up and get somethin better to do other than worry about what somebody elses team is doing...you know it would mean alot more to me if JT or Wolf was on here callin us out sayin we are ducking them, because i no for a fact that we have direct contact with them, but some of this shit has no merrit what so ever...oh and the Thunder were supposed to be a team on the rise much like us, but they didnt travel well but we get blamed for it....crazy...You know i dont mind the posting with or without your name until the poster that has no name starts posting things as if they are facts, thats when i say why not stand up and be accountable for the things that you say, thats like the kid that sits in the back of the room and whispers disrespectful comments about others under his breath......Any contact that has been made with out team is saved, so show some proof to us ducking teams where we have been contacted by them and we had no reason not to play them...ppl said we ducked the Blazers last yr and last time i checked we dropped 50+ on em'......this isnt even what this thread is supposed to be about, why not just make a thread call Cutters are hated, or Tornadoes are hated, or Pats are hated, cause it seems like any team that doesnt do what everybody else wants them to do is hated...Once again i say good luck to all players and teams this yr

I am glad I am unemployed right now so that I have enough time to read all that!!
DeKey does have his side and others have theirs. Are the Cutters ducking pre-season games? If they are so what? I have said this in other threads and I will state it again. Pre-season don't mean squat!!! It is a way for YOU to see what YOUR team has and needs. Not to go out and beat the crap out of anyone. It's PRE-season.
The Mustangs did not have a preseason game last year and payed dearly for it in Dayton against the Wariors (damn that sounds weird coming from me). First half we kicked ass, second half we ran out of gas on a 95 degree day and got shut out. A pre-season game or 2 would have eliminated that problem.
Are the Cutters a quality team? I get the privledge of sitting in the booth, 20-30 feet up, and the ablitiy to see the ENTIRE field. I got to see them twice like this last season. Yes they are that good, when they have to be. Their first game in Bourbon was good. Their second game for the championship was actually not as good until the second half. They played flat in the first half and the Mustangs took full advantage of it. The Mustangs made mistakes in the second half and the Cutters made us pay. THAT is the mark of a quaity team. Play close, make the most of each play, and if the other team makes a mistake make them pay.
If the Cutter's want to pass on pre-season, and if people want to get on here and bash them, then that is their choice. Personally if I was the on the championship team I would be very carefull who I schedule for pre-season. A lot of wannabe teams would love to come to your home, beat your players until they bleed and then come on here and brag about it. It's not worth getting anyone hurt over pre-season and egos.
See you on the field DreKey. If we cross paths again this year I hope you come and search me out. I'll get a tune on for you just like I have one qued up for Gross when he gets to Bourbon in July. (Now where did I put that track of Cotton Eyed Joe?)

Just to let you know Dre, a duck quacks not quakes. LOL

Do not get on here pretending to be me. This will anger me and you wouldn't like me when i'm angry.

You imposter, you wouldnt like me when im hungry.

At the request of a few people, we have started a Register and Moderated message board on our site. This way members of the Indiana Semi Pro community can confidently post topics of discussion or respond to issues without the fear of having impostors use their name. This is very much like the semiprofootball.com website but focus on the State of Indiana.

You know, if you guys didn't take everything so damned seriously it wouldn't be a problem.

Someone can--and probably will--come along and use my username to post some crap about me. *shrug* It's the internet. Deal.

Did I mention also that I'm queer and have a little penis, no balls and a big problem with premature ejaculation. No worries tho my boyfriend is cool with it.

I rest my case.

To a point, the anonymous posts I can stand. Don't like it, but I can deal with it. But stuff like that? Is there not a word filter on this thing that can be used?

Because it really hurts my feelings and I am all emotional since I quit taking my gear and my test has dropped.

Personally don't have a problem with the way anyone chooses to talk, just have a problem with the image it gives all of us. Wouldn't expect you to understand it. You actually help make my point. Thank you.