supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL TEAMS GOOD LUCK.

NEW SEASON, NEW TEAMS, NEW COACHES, NEW OWNERS. I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT HIT OFF. WE ARE ALL LIKE THEY SAY UNDEFEATED 0-0. YEA PEOPLE PUT THE CRUSH AND THE SHAMROCKS DOWN BECAUSE OF LAST SEASON, BUT COUDA SWORE THE JETS, AND THE DOLPHINS, AND THE FALCONS WAS DOWN IN THE NFL LAST YEAR IN THE DUMPS, AND ALL OF THEM MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS, SO ITS A NEW YEAR SO GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, AND LETS SEE WHAT WILL BE NEW, WHAT WILL BE THE SAME, AND ALL ON THE FIELD. AND I HOPE I CAN MAKE IT TO THE ALL STAR TEAM THIS YEAR AGAIN, CAUSE LAST YEAR BOTH SIDES WERE HECK OF PLAYERS, AND FREINDS, AND ALSO THE COACHES. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND LETS GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

CRUSH7 (CRUSH WR/10 LAST YR) AND ALL STAR 85 FOR THE SOUTH IN THE ALSTAR GAME.

Re: IFL TEAMS GOOD LUCK.

Good luck to you and yours as well see you soon

no all star game this year in ifl

why is this?

i believe it has to do with financial reasons among other reasons....
the all star game in some cases costs the league around 5figures or sometimes less.
another reason is there are teams that do not send players which is not good for the game itself. and after such a long season its tough to get a great turnout of fans/players/revenue
sure its fun and every one likes it
this is just my opionion......

Kurt36

Crap the all star game is the only reason im playing this year i just knew i was going to make it this year

ok well now looks like the Cutters are on their way to a back to back championship we picked up Chuck Foga nd you all know that means we will be picking up numerous players that he is a leader to.
This is going to a great year fro the Cutters everyone is in great shape and that is super because that one reason why we never have injuries everyone works hard to be in the best shape possible and we have never had a key player go down ( and we ain't gonna start this year )
Everyone is looking forward to the scrimmage with the Wildcats on the 27th even though it is just a scrimmage we plan on showing them we still own their butts.

I came to the Cutters by myself. No one is following me. The players who were with the Cobras before, had already moved to the Cutters. So I am a lone player nothing else.
Thank You,
Chuck(my Final year, I promise) Foga

Foga, I just want you to know that it is great to have you here and its a privilage to play with you and if this truly is your final year I promise that we are going to do everything in our power to send you out the right way. As for other players coming with Chuck, I know nothing of this, we had players come out after certain things went down, however Chuck came to us on his own. We do work hard to keep our guys healthy and I for one dont plan on counting my chickens early, we dont want anyone to go down and we will do everything in our power to keep it that way, we have been lucky to have that so far. Like I stated before, we are not looking at any back to back stuff, we are only looking out our preseason game on the 27th, and yes we have beaten them everytime that we have played the Wildcats but each game gets more and more competitive so it should be a good one...Good luck to everybody out there

Yea good luck to the rest of the IFL. I hear the Cutters have 100+ players, most of them from other teams. That means they can keep players fresh throughout the whole season. So If you are not 6 deep at every position I hope you are in shape... lol..

WHATS THE FUN IN THAT?

there is some truth to this post, yes we do have around 100 guys, however anybody that knows anything about semi pro ball knows that about 30 or so of those guys will quit for one reason or another here pretty soon. We have not and I repeat have not had that many guys from other teams around the state of Indiana. If we have 100 guys and we picked up 10 or so guys from other teams, thats not really that many, ppl forget that we ended the season last yr with around 65 to 70 guys on the team last yr...trust me we are in pretty good shape even with those numbers but yes if u dont have a good rotation then it will b a long game, but thats the same in every sport...if you have 30 to 40 guys that play well together and rotate well then u will b fine, we are just blessed that when we have games that ppl need to miss we have the numbers to help make up for it and it helps us travel well too......

It's great to have numbers, but it comes down to the 11 that you put on the field at any given point. Sometimes the back-ups can be just as good as the starters, other times, not so much.
It just shows that the Cutters are doing something that people want to be a part of, even if they know they will be playing a back-up roll.
For most teams, even a 40-45 man roster would be too much for the coaches to try and handle, mainly because you're not going to keep everybody happy if they don't get to see the field when THEY think they should. With an experienced coaching staff that is used to dealing with those numbers and can keep even the third string place kicker motivated, it works.
But, like I said it's all about the 11 on the field.

Wow! 100+ players. Why even bother playing for the Cutters. You will never see the field. Why join just because they won the ship, so what. Go to a team where you have a chance to help win. Rather than ride the pine because 15 guys from the Cobras came & automatically have your spot just because of Name sake. It happened last year with the Cutters. Broncos players came & started in front of original Cutters who were just as talented. But since these guys won 4 championships they automatically get the starting nod. Dont ride the pine for a ring. Take pride in yourself and ability. Go to a team where you have a shot.

I second this response. This in FACT did happen last year, and more than likely will again this year. The Cutters are the Yankees without the payroll. All these players on one team, for what. How about 50 of these guys go and start another team.

I alawys thought that the IFL did not want a AAA team in their league. No matter what you say the Cutters are a triple A team. 100 players,1,000's of dollars, great fan base and on and on. I know DreKey will get on here and say "no we are not blah blah blah". I think the Cutters should be kicked out of the IFL. You want to get on here and brag about all this shit you got, well go play in a league that is up to your 100 players. This is how leagues form & teams fold, you get teams like the cutters coming in a beating teams by 60 every week and they want to play teams that are close to their level. I look for a lot of IFL teams leaving for the MFL next season due to the cutters. IFL make a stand lose one team or your whole league.

who did kurt start over that was betther than him? or bobby? or harvery? or dan? or cameron? give me names that were there already that were better than any of those guys. the cutters had good numbers the first year they were around. is it theyre fault that the broncos, dragons and cobras all folded? i dont see how. all your teams are scared. i know one team that is not scared and thats the generals. i gurantee they show up and give the cutters one of the best games they ever had.

Teams move to the MFL? Ya right. NFL teams limit their roster, so do colleges, Arena, and Indoor. Maybe its time to the IFL to consider the same. If the cutters really have 100 people its a rarity and bet the IFL doesn't see that tooo often.

And didn't the force just bet the "better" raiders team with 60.

The cutters least talented 60 would beat the raiders 60 by 50 on any day!

Who cares how many the Cutters have, only 11 can play on each side of the ball. Besides I think it will make for good competition. But if Slinkard and the boys are allowing players to come in and immediately start thats not good. If its open comp; good & if not bad for the heads of the cutter orgnization. Cut your team to 53 like the NFL & allow the others to go to other teams in the IFL.

I think its awesome that the cutters have over 100 guys. As far as never seeing the field, if you like competition thats some really competition just to start for your team, with competition like that you shouldn't have a problem when you hit the field. As far as being scared, I, myself, and some of the members of the wolfpack, that played for the mustangs last year, had two epic battles with the cutters. We are not scared, and I am sure that my ex teammates from the mustangs are not scared of the cutters. I for one would love to see the cutters stay in the IFL for a long time. I play this game to play the best competition I can at the game of football, and when you play the cutters, you know you get that. So to all you cutters, keep doing what you do, and play good football. Because I can't wait to make that trip to Bloomington to play you guys one more time.

Gross #19
Noble County Wolfpack

What makes you think anyone playing football would be scared? We dont put pads on b/c we are scared GL to the Cutters have a safe season, cant wait to bang heads.

ok this thread is crazy, are we a AAA Team and do we have that kind of talent? At some positions yes, at others no way. I play outside backer once again for the Cutters and in the first 2 years we have had great number, heck or first year we started with 138 players either signing up or showing up to workouts and or practices, by the end of the season we had 40. All open competition...40 players, we had more players than any other team while in the MFL and we still lost 3 games...

Ok, last yr we started with over 100 guys, we had no returning middle backer, we had no returning Weak side backer, we had no returning fullback, no returning free safety, we had 1 qb. By the end of the season we had 60 or so guys, however we still lost a game to the stangs, we had 2 other games that could have gone one way or the other with the General and the Warriors and we had the championship game that we had to pull out of the crack of our you know what...but we are a triple A Team...Yes we have a great fan base and we do all we can to keep it that way, thats why we are doin a football camp for the kids of bloomington nearby areas this sat, because we need them, however our money is not long like everybody things.....we dont have a team full of college grads with good or even ok jobs, or a team full of guys that played college ball or beyond, we have mad guys that played one or two years in HS, hell we got some that didnt get to play cuz they didnt have football at their school.
I have yet to have a certified backup at my spot of Sam backer yet, i hope that changes this yr but we thought it would last yr so who knows, we had guys that left for another team because they didnt get clock maybe cuz of the position that they played like TE, we didnt have many packages for them but thats cuz we had 6 recievers last yr runnin 4.5 or better so we mainly stayed in 4 wide, things are different as of right now....

If we could travel like the Nado's do then we would move up but we cant..So how about u get us a big sponser that pays for all that stuff and we will bounce...we have 100 some odd guys right now, many guys will drop off and we didnt have anybody that came to us just because they wanted to win a ring, they came either cuz its closer to them or they have such respect for the team and the coaches that they were willing to make the trip...Nobody was sayin that about the Blazers when they were killin teams by 50 last yr, hell everybody on here said we were duckin them until we played them. We are not a Triple A team we just dont tell men that come out to play for us that they are not good enough to play and whether they play alot or a little, O, D or special teams, they get to do somethin that most of them thought they would never get to do again and thats play full contact football

and Gross you know that i love playin against you guys, we shall have fun again bro...

Also, we hold no player, they are free to go and play for whomever they want to play for, if you go to the coaches and say i think it would b better for me to play for the Generals since i live in indy, they will do what they can to help you out and try to keep you because they care about u, but if you say you have made up your mind then thats it, so if 60 guys wanted to leave they could and will.

Ppl think that those players from other teams came over and took starting jobs from other players but the bottom line is from jump we didnt have any player at any position that those guys played who happened to b better than them...No body was a better Wil Backer, in a 3-4 on our team, than Dan was and he didnt start in the beginnin, nobody played ILB better than Kurt, JC, and Cam, and not one of those guys started every game, nor did any combo of those guys start every game and not becuz they missed the game either, if u missed practice time without lettin a captin or coach know then u didnt start...i was the only backer has started every game as a Cutter...

I dont know who these ppl are that are saying the Cutters worst 60 would do this and that, they didnt post a real name so I will say this as I always say, they are fans and they are entitled to say what they want, however this does not reflect the way the Indiana Cutters feel...Once again good luck to all the teams and all players

Write a novel on why you love the Cutters so much

Thats a crap load of players, I personally would hate to be on that team if I wasn't a starter. I have been in semi-pro for 5 years and I have had to play both ways every year. This will be the first year I wont have to because we have descent numbers. When I say descent I mean 25-30. The only team I have seen that had a crap load of players (besides this years Raiders) was the Dragons. that was just 70 or so, and there players didnt play. Add another thirty on that and that is another team! all I can say is WOW! Throw some players our way lol!

I will say this about the Dragons, They did have about 70 guys but all of their backups would be starters on some teams and some of the third stringers lol. Its going to be a fun season hope everyone has fun this season and good luck every week but when you play us the Generals.

I thinking I understand the 100 people thing

If you want to do off of just people signing up on our website wanting to play, we have over 150 this year, if you want to base it on people that have shown up to at least one practice or workout, we have over 70. If your talking about the people who actually show up and don't puss out, or quit, or have no money, we have about 45.

finally somebody has said it, the cutters always have over 100 players this time of year but as the year goes on the numbers drop

Every year now for the past three years the Cutters have dominated these message boards and they always let everyone know how many players they have and how great they are they talk about we will lay anybody anywhere anytime and they have yet to play a game in June or an actual pre-season game, scared ??? unorganized??? personal reasons???? who knows better yet who cares.
Players will be told all about the rotation and then when they are beating someone by 30 points and the small receiver with not the best of ability will still be standing on the sideline hoping to get in the game, then the next week at practice he will get the crap ran out of him and be used to get the real players ready for their next outing.
The defense well it speaks for its self doesn't it I came from defense and I know what it is all about and you guys know what you will be facing again this year unless play station has a new sceme out this year, the defense last year had complainants all season long and then almost waiting to late in the ship to get it done and we all know why we changed late in the game and who called the shot to make the changes.
I am not playing for the Cutters this year tired of all the BS that comes with it and being told everyone has a shot and then it is always the same 11 out there now some of you are new and don't know what i'm talking about but those of you who ahve been around know exactly what I'm saying it isn't going to change and you are going to miss family time thinking you are gonna play then get your bubble busted and then get talked into returning to practice cause you are important to the team. There were so many times last year when we was up 30 or so points everyone could have played but look in the mirror and answer this question did you play when you could have last year and do you honestly think it will be different this year.
Things aren't in perfect working order in fact the cutters don't even have their fields listed yet on their web site where are they even playing kind of late to not have this out yet

There is some truth to the post however
The Cutters are 1st class. I do believe we have way to many players. I habe talked to both current & former cutters and they agree that most spots are already set. I just hope to get an honest chance to prove my worth. I know most players will be overlooked I just hope its not me. Because I was told that the former broncos who came over were not that good and they got start. I heard about this one WR they had last year was used and abused. Came to practice all the time he fan scout o qb showed up to every meeting and practice but he Never sees the field. I heard many stories like that about the cutters. Players get used and abused in practice then sat on the sideline while guys hardly ever show up to practice play the whole game. I just hope I don't get used. Hopefully I will get a shot but who knows . Is ther a chance you can join another team once games start because I don't want to ride the bench if I'm worthy of starting.

seems like you have done some research even before reading my ost yes it is true what you hear doesn't matter how many meetings you attend or how many times you get your a$$ ran off in practice come game day you might get to see one play and that is only if you throw a fit on the sideline. The Cutters got lucky in Bourbon last year and frankly I'm glad I'm going to be around this year. I missed many family gatherings last year missed time with my kids and was always pormised I'd se more action and told how valuable I was to the team well at least that part was true I was valuable because without guys like me how could the favored 11 practice

this post is so stupid. bottom line is, every single coach out there has favorites. every one, and of course your core group, your starters are gonna get more attention. we are all grown men. do your feelings get hurt that much? quit being a bunch of cry baby bitches. if you have such a problem wiit it, take a look in the mirror and get step your game up so you can become one of the starters. every player on a team has a role, wethher or not its a starter or back up or practice dummy. any team needs all of these and without them a team is not as successfull. so all of you babies crying about playing time, quit it. be glad your apart of something special, a brotherhood of men who love the game of football.

Mike, You must understand that when these players are lied to by the coaches by them telling the players that they "WILL" get PT and then never do thats what pisses them off. Good coaches tell these play right up front what their role on the team is. You should that your coach is the best at it. Like Coach JT or not he keeps it 100% real with everyone. If you suck he will tell you, If you are a role player he lets you know your role, If you are a baller and will see 90% of the playing time thats what you will do. These are grown men that play and should be treated like such (even if they don't act like it sometimes lol).
Good luck to all this weekend.

this post is crazy, i have never seen a team where every player got equal playing time, not one....Bobby Burton is one of our better players but not even he got the same clock that Izzy got. I can tell alot of you didnt play college ball or maybe even HS ball, you have guys on the team that are having their school paid for and all they do is ride the pine and help out at practice or play special teams, and i dont mean for a yr i mean for 4 yrs this is what they do...yes we did a poor job of rotating at certain positions, safety being the man one...we had 6 inside lb and all of them played and 4 different ones started...we had 4 total outside lbs and 3 different ones started....we didnt do a good job with our TE's but thats cuz we werent really TE oriented...we rotated ALL LINEMAN....ALL..maybe not as much as some would like but the fact is we did, however if you get in there and you dont know what the hell you are doin then no you're not goin to play when the game is on the line, no team would allow it so why we catch so much hell for it i dont know....yes you have some ppl in places where u say ok until somebody comes along to unseat him then he is our starter...i have been the outside lb for 3 yrs and not one person has stepped up and out played me there so does that mean im there favorite? at weakside lb, last yr dan was the best one that we had but he didnt start right away because we had a returner there, does this mean that positions are set....? i mean which way do u want it? do you think a returner should just be given his spot or should a new guy be given the nod becuz he is better than the returner off top? you cant have it both ways....we have 3 or 4 good qb's right now however if Aaron was still here they would have to beat him out. Some ppl need to get a clue, if you are not gettin what u think u should how about u start steppin it up, stop droppin passes in practice, stop bein in the back of the line durin conditionin, stop throwin fits cuz truth b told thats not what gets u in the game, learn the plays and how to run them, do your job. Im so sick of all these quote unquote former cutters gettin on here bad mouthin my team and my coaches, if it was soooo bad then why didnt u just quit, why are you not man enough to post your damn name, let it be known who u are, why not tell us who you are playin for this yr if you are playin at all so we can look to see how much u are playin this yr....you wanna drop passes, miss blocks, miss tackles, not know whats goin on, sit on the side and laugh and then when the game comes around u want ppl to trust that u will do what the ppl in front of u will do....wrong...im not even gonna keep talkin about this becuz its stupid, i hope you get whatever it is that u are lookin for...Cam if u at the game this sat i will see u there bro...

As someone who was a first year coach last year one of the most difficult things to determine is playing time. I've played high school and college ball and I'm currently coaching DB's at William Henry Harrison High School in West Lafayette IN. In high school and college there are other situations that factor into determining playing time i.e. academics, disciplinary actions both on the field and off the field. There is a structure. Football is there job, football is there life so I don't expect my starting corner to miss practice all week and attempt to start just like one wouldn't expect to have a job if they didn't show up to work for a whole week.

Semi-pro on the other hand is somewhat like the Wild West. All rules are off. Can you honestly punish a guy that cannot be in attendance because of work commitments? On the same token what about the guy who is just a stud and knows he doesn't have to show up to practice because there is no one on the team that's even close to his potential?

I think it's a coaches job to reward those who show up everyday and push it to the limit. Football is not only made up of offense and defense and those type of players should really be used on special teams.

You should always honor those who play hard for you, but at the end of the day this is football and no matter what anyone says you play to win and within that lies the dilemma.

Ok,well my boy who is playing for the Cutters says it is crazy how many people they have. He also says he has witnessed the coaches telling players he is so important to the team and then never sees the field. I for one have played HS & DII football and this type of thing does happen. But lets remember I wasn't driving an hour or two to practice 3x a week, paying my own travel expenses to away games, $150 player fee, purchase my own equipment JUST to be lied to and fed a bunch of bs. You right we are grown men, tell the guys up front what their role is, dont get their hopes and have them excited to play invite their families to watch and they get 2 snaps with 34secs. left in the game. Just keep it real like our Coach JT.

Hey lets just put all this to rest and play our game on the field it is not long until we get it for real. It was great to see Coach A at practice tonight his stories can make you smile anytime and he really makes a guy want to give his best, I really enjoyed seeing him and talking some,,, haven't seen him much and he wasn't around long does anybody know whats up,,,, is everything ok?? been around the guy since first season and he is usually always around just not this year.