supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Job Search

It's apparent that a lot of people are logging in and reading the threads. (Probably too many in some cases). Supra... How about starting a permanent thread for those looking for jobs? It is apparent that some players, (and now announcers), are unemployed as in the "paying jobs". If guys want to post a quick thread on what kind of job they need someone in their area may see it. And if the person posts their e-mail addy they can make contact and get hooked up. What do you think?

Re: Job Search

Mike, I hate to hear about the job. I will be praying that something comes your way, as well as everyone else that is looking for a job in these hard times. If I hear about any hirings, I will shoot you an e-mail.

Gross #19
Noble County
Wolfpack

Thanks Charles. I really appreciate the thread. It will be rough for a 46 year old guy to find something permanent. Wonder if McDonalds is hiring? Nice thing is that I can find some more county tunes to down load for our first game in July!!!

Dont know what everyones job requirements and resume's look like...

but as a State Employee for the past 13 years, I must say that I have a job (Unless Mitch does something else stupid)
but I would suggest looking into the States Job Bank.
Although some job are froze right now, come the first of June alot of jobs will be available.
http://www.in.gov/spd/2333.htm

I have been working in Corrections for the past 13 years and in the Department of Corrections there are so many different jobs...Custody, Admnistration, maintenance, Clergy, Counselors, Recreation Leaders
hell I am the Fire Chief...so as you can see there are alot of jobs out there....
and the starting pay isnt too bad...and if you stick it out...worth it....

Good Luck to all...
Oh and if you are interested in a job with the Department of Corrections, I would be happy to help anyone out send me an email..
dongambrel@yahoo.com

July 18th I got a can that will need opened and then somebody's gonna have to eat whats in it and they ain't gonna like it. If you want the job its yours?

I will be looking at hiring 1 person in the Indianapolis Area for Warehouse work. It doesnt pay a lot and has no Insurance. If you would like info please send me a email will look to start within the next 2 weeks.

Guys, I know there are more than just the couple jobs that have been posted so far. I really appriciate the responses so far.
I have been off a week and I have 2 interviews next week. Monster and Career Builder are great places to start. But networking is where you will find the jobs. If you post on Monster or Career Builder for an opening 2,000 applications flood in. But word of mouth and networking with others eliminates the flood and businesses are relying on it. I have had 2 "head hunters" tell me they are finding employees this way.
If you don't have a GOOD resume you are screwed. Selling yourself in todays job market is tough. If your resume sucks or you don't have one you will not find anything good. If you need help writing one or if you have one and it sucks find someone who will help you write a better one. I found out through a friend and former boss of mine that the reason I wasn't getting any hits on my resume was because it was not comprehensive enough. I updated, re-sent it to one of the company's I had previously applied to and now I have an interview.
If you need help and don't know where to turn, e-mail me. I will be glad to help you out. (Besides I am getting bored) Anyone who knows me knows I am dead serious about this and I can help you. The jobs are out there.