supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raider vs Force

This Saturday the Raiders will travel to the Force for a controlled scrimage. I wanna wish all teams playing this week good luck and stay healhty!!

Raider77

Re: Raider vs Force

The Force showed that they dominated the IFL team. Even though it was a scrimmage(10 plays each team twice, then 2 15min quarters). If you kept score we won 18-6. But you could tell that with the guys they brought(60!) and how many we had(25), it was apparent we were the better team. They played hard and showed some good talent. Our defense was just to good, and we had to many playmakers on offense. Good luck to the Tri-County Raiders for the IFL season. For a first year team they have Awesome numbers.

Thanks to #17 from the Raiders, He is going to Iraq on Thurs. He did score the only TD for them!

lmfao!!! how can u guys keep score when there was no refs!!! the coaches kept order and there wasn't even lines on the field!!! plus from what i hear the raiders only played their starters for the first 3 plays of the whole scrimmage.

i went and watched this "scrimmage" which i figured was going to be a blowout by the raiders, however with this basically being a glorified practice. The raiders even treated this as such. The raiders offense looked explosive but had plenty of dropped balls. i am excited to see how both teams fair in both of their respectible leagues.

Practice? I knew there would be people giving excuses, Nobody treats playing a different team as a practice. you definitely don't do it if you are traveling with 60+. Then after every big play you get you celebrate. Ya what a practice! Like you said everyone expected this to be a blow out, well everyone was wrong. by the way I played on offense the whole time, There starters were in the whole time on D. You are right this was just a scrimmage with there coach calling holding on us, after you guys late hit our quarter back. So dont give me that bulshit, just man up!

i went to the game as well. yes it wasnt a real game. no refs just a controlled scrimmage. whatever the circumstances were, bottomline though both teams acted as if they wanted to win. Competitive spirits were definitly flarin. I dont know how much starters were in for either team, but the raiders had about 3 times as many players as the force. No question though the force looked to be the better team early in the season.

Thanks, I know this team really doesnt deserve any respect because of the last 2 years, But this new team, the Ohio Force, is a completely different team. It would have been great to have refs there so we could have made it a real game but in the end everyone saved a little money but got real game experience. In the end that is what counts. Good luck to everyone the rest of the season!

ok guys this was a controlled scrimage, and yes it was was very competitive! The force played tough, better than i expected actually. With all things aside it was a good fast past practice! By the way i believe your coach called a hold on out right takle on a long run also so who cares! As far as players and starters we rotated our whole team in and out after the first set of 10 plays each way. This early in the season we dont have all our starters set yet! We did bring a lot of players and actualy had about 10 that wasnt there heck we dint even have 2 of our better running backs play that are nursing minor injurys and a db that only played 2 plays and a few guys that had to work or what ever! Please remeber that this was a good scrimage for both teams! Force u guys played harder that i thought u would,u will be a better team than in the past.Also i wanna wish the Force the best of luck this season! Also as i posted before and stay healthy even thou i dint in the scrimage!!

This is a case of Monkey management. See the Raiders got all round up and thought that they had won the championship just from what they have done in practice. It is a whole new ball game when you get hit in the mouth by a different team. It was your first scrimage so you are going to have bumps in the road. Go back and fix your mistakes and get ready for your next game. You also need to get #58 in check. Acting like that in a IFL season game will get him kicked out. Sometimes it's best to just cut the fat off and eat a over cooked steak.

As for the Force, You guys looked good and you guys do have some good ball players butt..... Dont let that scrimage fool you. You have not beat anyone yet in a REAL game. You open up with the Patriots beat them and then still keep your mouth shut and go back and do it agian and agian till you win the championship. If you don't win the ship keep your mouth shut and keep working till you do.

I beleive I was the only one talking on behalf of the Force. I like to give our team credit were credit is do. Not get a big head and say we are going to win a chamionship. All of this is just regarding the game with the Raiders, plus It just felt good to have a descent game against a quality team that some predictors had winning the IFL. You are right, we dont need to think that we have done something special. We know this was a good team effort that will get us ready for the Pats.

congrats to the force on a good game, had we had refs that would have been a whole different game, but whats done is done so good luck to the force

who besides anyone on the raiders think they could possibly win the ifl?

Its was an awsome game both teams were very competative, with that said calls were made by both teams coaches, not to mention that was not our complete roster either. I dont think the amount of starters playing or whatever had anything to do with the outcome either, we were outnumbered bad but that just goes to show you can have a 50 man roster, you only need 11!!! Im proud with the way our guys came out I thought we smacked em in the mouth wore em down and didnt let off, both sides looked great and the hard work definately showed but we understand we havnt done anything yet and still have a lot of work to do in a month this is my 5th year and I havent done anything in semi pro, but this Force team is the hungriest most determined team Ive been apart and we definately plan on winning a championship, all the game against the Raiders for us was a step in the right direction. See you boys on the field!!!!!!!!!!

I have just seen a couple of posts that had them winning, they were probably posts from people that don't like to admit who they are, Any way like Joe said this was a step in the right direction for a 3rd year team. Good luck to the Raiders this season.

how do you win a controlled scrimage????

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANY WHERE ANYTHING WAS SAID ABOUT THE RAIDERS WINNING THE IFL? I KNOW WE HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING! WE HAVE ALOT OF ROOKIES TO SEMI-PRO ON OUR TEAM AND WE KNOW WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BEFORE ANY TALK ABOUT A CHAMPIONSHIP COMES! GOOD SCRIMAGE THIS PAST WEEKEND FORCE, MAYBE SOME TIME WE CAN PLAY A REAL GAME AND THEN U CAN BEAT YOUR CHESTS AS U SEEM TO LIKE DOING!

here is a thought. get over it and prepare for your pirate game or you will get smacked even harder. my prediction

pirates 42
raiders 0

Thanks for the support but we will be focusing on this game as any other, without overlooking any team, big or small, 10-0 or 0-10. We learned our lesson last year against the wildcats.

For those who are wondering, the event will be a full game with refs.

We look forward to the first ever battle for the jolly roger June 27 @ 7:30pm - Pirates Cove

The post I saw was in the "call me crazy thread" sorry it was one person. I take it you are mad because you POSTED IN CAPS. Frankly I dont care, you can't win a scrimmage, and maybe I did get a little over excited about it, but the fact is everyone had you guys kickin our ass and it went the other way. its not my fault you guys didnt show up or what ever reason you will come up with, Plus dont blame the whole team for me beating MY CHEST(notice the caps)JK. The only guys thats have posted for the team are teammates driving 1-2 hours to be with the team. We have been in semi-pro for 5 years and was just a little excited to have some success. I do apologize if I blew it out of porportion.

I think R77 you said you hurt yourself at the scrimmage, I hope that wasn't you at the end cause I heard that guy broke his arm.

Well, I am glad to see that our GM replied to this ridiculous prediction in as repectable a way as could be.

Our first objective will be to learn as much as we can about the progress of our entire team from this contest. I personally DO NOT CARE how some idiots that have nothing to do with our team or the league we play in, have to say or think about it. All of this infantile speculation and conjecture meaans nothing. As my bro used to like to say, if you're not playing on Sundays its amateur football. PERIOD! Most folks on here would come off as being more serious bragging about their fantasy football teams.

I rarely post here anymore. I am one who is disappointed in the direction this board has taken in recent years. In this case, I am posting merely to ATTEMPT TO squash any future "peeing contests" that are likely dependent upon the results of this pre-season contest.

I sincerely hope that it WAS NOT one of our own Pirate players that chose to post anonymously, the rubbish of a blowout against an opponent that as for now we see as a team deserving of our respect and one that could likely "hand us our own heads". This is not the type of attitude that I condone nor do I attempt to instill in our players. I see this behavior as contemptible and dishonorable. Therefore, IF IT IS a Pirate player that has perpetrated this offense, YOU NOW KNOW and have been warned. If it is someone else, you should know that NO ONE DOES OUR TALKING FOR US!

I will save the patronizing beatitudes for another time.

Out

I am not mad, i actally didnt even realize i was typing in capitals. lol. I give the Forec creidt as i did before u all played hard, we kinda walked threw the motions. I truly believe the Force will have success this year. I believe a few of the force players are ex-warriors i remebered a few players. I did not brake my arm but i did tare my ankle up perty good!

I wanna wish the Pirates good luck and am looking foward to an exciting game with them.
Raider77

Yea me TE Walser13, QB Miller 10, S McAlpin 42, LB Ashworth 45, and WR Bosworth 8 all played for the Warriors DE Dusty Snyder didnt play saturday but he also played for the Warriors.

I unfortunately was not able to be at this scrimmage, and as the offensive coordinator, I know that handcuffed my team. I had a QB running the offense from behind the line of scrimmage, and an offensive unit that while large in numbers was also not very well prepared to play obviously. I did not get the opportunity to see the Force play, but from what I have heard from my players, you ( the Force ) have a group of guys that are playing the game for the right reasons, and that is because you love to play, have the desire and ability to play, and fortunately for you have found an opportunity to play. Nothing wrong with being proud of your teams efforts, and nothing wrong with bragging about those efforts as well. The only thing the Raiders have to be proud of at this point is that we have not demeaned your efforts in the game by making comments of the such. As a coach, and as a former player that has played football at a very high level when I was still playing, I can tell you that you will gain more respect from your peers and opponents the like by actually acting like you have been there before. We as a first year team have those challenges ahead of us each and every game, and we will strive to make sure we do not berate or demean our opponents in any manner, how about you try to do the same. Just some advice from someone who HAS been there and done that. To all Raider players, stop posting BS that has nothing to do with the game of football, you had the opportunity to speak volumes on the field and didn't. Force players, well done I think, good luck and MAYBE, just MAYBE we might get to play again next season. Good luck with your season and best wishes that all of you stay safe and healthy.

Hey Raiders, just wanted to say I enjoyed our scrimmage and I count it a honor to have battled against u guys. Have a great season and keep healthy, hope u will recover ok #77. As for our team, like John and Joe said..we are not the vikings any more...I am a original member from the vikings and I have always wanted to be a part of a group of football players who wanted to act and play like true football players should,...with respect first for your own teammates, both on and off the field and then for the opposing team as well. To play hard and have a burning desire to win it all. We have changed alot and we have picked up some awesome players with great attitudes and even greater ability. I can actually say I am proud to be apart of this team. We are hungery for a good season and believe we are getting the team to accomplish great things. I believe it all starts with having the proper attitudes on your team. We finially have that!! It took three years, but we are there. All I can say is I'm 38 years young..(lol) and I love this sport, I hope to keep the true spirit of football alive, not for money, press, or fame, but ....all for the LOVE OF THE GAME!!

Best of Luck and Health this season to all teams,

Mark Wissman a.k.a."pitbull" #20 Ohio Force

OFORCE77,

Is Dusty Snyder the fullback from DCW? If so whats he doing playing Defense? Hes a fucking PUD!!!
Tell him for me !! I was also wondering if Beefs son Tater had anything to do with the team?
Kurt36

Hey Kurt, no your thinking of Brian, Dusty is his younger brother, Brian was going to play but hes in to his body building lol. As for Tater I dont think the talent or dedication would have been there if Tater was, I know Id be playing elsewhere. But good luck to you and yours Kurt have a good season bro!!!

I wll put this out there i believe the Force will be a tough team in the MFL! This team will be better than most expect. They were better than i expeceted.Kinda remeinded me of the old Dark County team a little.My ankle should be fine No activity for 3 weeks. Should be ready for season opener! Thanks for the thought guys.

Raider77

Good Luck to you fellas too... TATER is a Goon!

Kurt36

all i have to say is i cant wait till we collide it is always a clean fun game all the way through one of the best ive had

Thanks for the mad props Raider #77, glad to hear u will be better for the season opener !!!I wish u guys the best of luck in the IFL. Hey wolverine #22, I am really looking forward to our games as well, u guys are a great team to play against and have excellent sportsmanship, and a great group of tallented players. Look forward to our game.

Pitbull