supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picks for 6-27-09

Been a while. Im only going to do 3 games .

GAME #1 RAIDERS @ PIRATES Battle for the seas

The Raiders make the trip from Ohio to the Cove. 50+ Men and a mind set to prove the semipro world what happend with the Force was a fluke. The Raiders "Spread System" will make some waves against the Pirates D that is not as strong as last years. The Raiders will gain yards With a powerful yet fast runner as well. The raiders D will bring pressue all night. Now to the down fall of the raiders. As big as they are they don't speed. The Pirates will gain huge chunks of yards with their speed. Small plays will turn into big gains or TD's. Look for some tunovers to be the factor in this one.

Raiders 27 Pirates 25

Cardnials @ Wolfpack
The cards had some rust knocked off and are ready to get that W this weekend. With some players coming back home they will be a strong contender for the MFL title. The Wolfpack have people talking behind closed doors. How good is this team? Have they taken over the North? Things are not that clear to the Pack just yet. They have talent,size,speed and good coaching but can they put it all together and make it work?
My guess is that they might but not on this day.

Cards 18 Pack 20

Game of the week
Patriots @ Generals
Finaly the game we have all been wait'n for.
Pats & Dragons Round 4!
Oh wait my bad I mean pats and Gen's round 2 lol.
There is no secret to the Pats. They are going to play great Defense to force the Generals to punt and get at least one or two blocks.By this point Clawson is owned by the Pats. They will score on Defense as well with their swarming blitzing D. I know we all know about the QB of the generals. Is he good, well i can tell you he was good but does he still have it?
This will be the first game for both teams. There will be rust from both team but I think less by the Pats. It might sound funny but they have less players. Those players know everything that goes on. They will be ready. Look for the Pats to fluster the QB of the Generals and force him to make costly mistakes. The Generals D will make some good plays but I dont see them stoping the Pats Off. the whole game. The Pats D will shut down the running game of the generals and control the game. Look for this one not to be as good as everyone thinks.
The Adams County Patriots are like the NFL Patriots.
They may not have flashy players or what not but they just get the job done!

Patriots 16 Generals 0

Re: Picks for 6-27-09

I'm confused about the Cards, Wolfpack pick, your statement says one thing, then your score says another. I dont know, maybe it's just me.

Its just you

Wolfpack should be a good team this year esp. for a first year team. They do have some really good talent and a good coach. I just don't think they have much talent after you get past their top 5 or 10 players on the team and I think their gonna have alot of weak spots on their team because of that. In this league it won't take long for teams to see it and expose it. And to say they might be taking over the north is rubish. Have you forgot about the mustangs? I've been hearing the Mustangs have more then replaced those who had left for the pack. In fact have picked up some really good players this offseason. And that the mustangs are no longer a team made up of a few select privledged superstar players. They are more a collection of alot of really good players and of course a great QB, this year. Expect them to still be the team to beat in the north and if they can stay together as a team, expect them to be playin in the title game yet again in 09.

i was just wondering who the powerfull and fast running back is for the tri-county raiders. has he played for any other teams in semi pro before?

the raiders dont have speed??????? that is a statement that will be proven wrong i think. they burnt the force numerous times on deep plays just couldnt hook up reciever to qb

no love for the pede or what? lol good luck Gen. beat the pats ... we should have got them last year

Stampede,
If you shud have had the pats last year you wud hav beat the bearcats. but u didnt.
Don't get down tho, its a new year and y'all are gona be playin the Chicago Thunder, good luck with that! U didn't even finsh 2nd best in tha mfl, how you gona jump leagues for "better" competition?

well if sullivan is playin for the raiders then thats one of them that is a beast for sure powerful and has speed! good luck raiders
Petre

C-note5
I'm confused about the Cards, Wolfpack pick, your statement says one thing, then your score says another. I dont know, maybe it's just me.

Must be me too C-Note..because he said...
" They have talent,size,speed and good coaching but can they put it all together and make it work?
My guess is that they might but not on this day."
but then picked them to win 20-18

lol, I am still kinda stuck on the privelaged superstars the mustangs had, can maybe you let me in on the secret as to who was privelaged. I am talking in general, it don't have to be any that left for the pack. I just personally for the last 2 years don't remember any privelaged superstars on the team and I was at about every practice.

Gross #19

The raiders do have speed. they did burn us deep a few times, but it hurts when you cant catch a ball. I look for the raiders and pirates to be a pretty good game. Maybe even outshine that other game around indy.

Hey Sports Reporter...

What about THE BATTLE AROUND THE BEND???

Between The Indiana Titans & The Elkhart Shamrock???

Any word???

Stampede,
If you shud have had the pats last year you wud hav beat the bearcats. but u didnt.
Don't get down tho, its a new year and y'all are gona be playin the Chicago Thunder, good luck with that! U didn't even finsh 2nd best in tha mfl, how you gona jump leagues for "better" competition?
well we got jewed by some in house refs. Also r stats on off. and def. killed everyone dumb ass, so before u start running ur mouth get the facts right !

What good are stats if you cant make it to the big game. LMAO

Excuses excuses excuses!!! if you wuda been takin care of ur business on the field, the refs cudnt hav been a factor! U lost.
Who givs a shit about ur STATS, the only one that matters in the end is the one that went in "L" column!!!
Face it, u didn't get it done.
if u are a better team this year, maybe you cud play the pats in the post season????

Game of the week
Patriots @ Generals
Finaly the game we have all been wait'n for.
Pats & Dragons Round 4!
Oh wait my bad I mean pats and Gen's round 2 lol.
There is no secret to the Pats. They are going to play great Defense to force the Generals to punt and get at least one or two blocks.By this point Clawson is owned by the Pats. They will score on Defense as well with their swarming blitzing D. I know we all know about the QB of the generals. Is he good, well i can tell you he was good but does he still have it?
This will be the first game for both teams. There will be rust from both team but I think less by the Pats. It might sound funny but they have less players. Those players know everything that goes on. They will be ready. Look for the Pats to fluster the QB of the Generals and force him to make costly mistakes. The Generals D will make some good plays but I dont see them stoping the Pats Off. the whole game. The Pats D will shut down the running game of the generals and control the game. Look for this one not to be as good as everyone thinks.
The Adams County Patriots are like the NFL Patriots.
They may not have flashy players or what not but they just get the job done!

Patriots 16 Generals 0[/quote]

Final Score:

Indiana Generals 36
Adams County Patriots 7

As far as any blocked punts and your comment where you called me out personally, claiming that the Patriots would "own me".... no blocked punts. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

Yo, I was at the Pats vs Generals game and im just going to say right now, the Generals are serving notice that they are not the same ole team. 36-7 Generals....From what I saw they were rather sharp and well coached. A team full of big plays and big play makers. That QB that they have is the real deal, I dont know what they have behind him, but he wasnt touched all that often so you may not ever have to find out...lol Also the recieving core is nice, a few too many drops or the score might have been more than what it was early on. They have a nice D TOO...Im tellin u right now, look out for this team. The Pats came and played hard tho and never quit from what I saw, the only thing they lacked today was timing and a few more numbers. They are the real deal even though the score looked bad you could just tell that they will be at the top, I know they were short a few guys and they had one of their better players go down during the game so thats always tough. Trust me though they are still the truth and i would love to see this game played again in Oct because things might be different. I really enjoyed myself and for the most part it was a rather clean hard hitting game...Good luck to all those taking the field and safe trips to all those heading back home.....

ps...calm down dave....kickers dont talk tough.....lmao...see you guys soon bro, stay healthy

Great Job Generals, sorry I couldn't be there with you guys but with the surgery earlier in the week and with a family member being very ill at the hospital last night I couldn't make it. Glad to see you guys didn't miss me, though. Thanks for all your positive comments DreKey, but you could have left out "I dont know what they have behind him, but he wasnt touched all that often so you may not ever have to find out" with all the bad luck with injured QB's last year we don't need anyone head-hunting to find out what we have behind him. Anyways great job again Generals. See all of that hard work we are putting in does carry over to the games. Keep it up JT. Your doing a helluva job.

generals pats, 36-7 and it wasnt even that close. could have just as been easily been 50-7. one stumbled step by corner on a great throw by pats was only td. funny how pats get so much credit about being so classy, well not in this game. trying to fight the generals any chance they got, how many personal fouls did you guys have? and the generals are thugs, right. esp number 90, absolutely no class whatsoever. redemption is so so sweet. esp when its an ass beating like that, pats are all hurting today, thats a fact.

It does not say much about us if we come on here and leave post like that. Both teams got heated at times this is football. As for Generals being thugs people can think what they want let that stuff role. Thanks for coming and giving us a good gsme Pats. Lets continue to leave our talking on the field. One phase down lets get ready for the Cougars.

I want to say Thank you to Jimmy, JT, and the rest of the generals.
You have done a great job getting your team ready to play. Good luck with the IFL this season. If you play like you did last night, you'll do well!
The Patriots obviously have a lot of work to do, and I hope last night was the wake up call that we needed. Time will tell.

SOUND LIKE THE PATRIOTS STILL HAVE SOME PLAYERS WITH THE SAME POOR ATTITUDES AS LAST YEAR. THEY ALWAYS TALKED SHIT LAST YEAR. WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE GAME AND LEAVE ALL THE POOR SPORTSMANSHIP TO YOURSELVES, NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR SHIT TALK ON THE FIELD, NOR DO THE FANS WANT TO HEAR IT. LOOSE THE DEAD WEIGHT SORRY ASSED ATTITUDE PLAYERS AND PLAY LIKE A CLEAN TEAM SO THAT IF YOU WIN OR LOOSE YOU PLAY WITH CLASS!! THAT IS A CHAIMPIONSHIP TEAM... THEY PLAY WITH CLASS...NOT THERE MOUTH!!! REPRESENT THE MFL WITH PRIDE AND SPORTSMANSHIP...NOT POOR ATTITUDES.....

Hey General 13, trust me, by no means was I telling anybody to headhunt J, personally I like him, as a player I like him, I hope he has a great season, until he plays us, then I hope he stinks.....lol, but that goes for every team....you know what I take that back, I hope everybody plays their best ball all season long, I just hope we play better....i think that sounds more corret...lmao...., but really im taking shots at anybody that crosses my path, but only in between the whistles and only legal shots, i have been tought better than that and I have more respect for the game than to advocate dirty play. Jt knows if there was no Cutters OR I didnt have the relationship with my coaches and the community then i would be a General. As i stated WE, THE CUTTERS, are on notice and I hope everybody around the league takes heed to what i posted lastnight, if not then i promise you that the Generals will only have 2 or 3 good games, that being the 2 against us and the 3rd being in the championship game...now make sure u read what i said before you post somethin crazy about me braggin about the cutters, i say it again, the Cutters have taken notice of what the Generals are doin, therefore we will b prepared for an all out battle in both games that we play, if other teams have not then they will find themselves out early