supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 06/27 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation. I welcome you all back for another season of prognostication and passion for the game that we all love. I've spent the past couple of weeks out in the shed doing my best to get the prediction machine up to speed, but the heat has made it rather difficult to be sure that it is ready to go. I have faith, though, that much like my sputtering Chicago Cubs-- a couple of weeks from now the prediction machine will be humming along toward a great October. I welcome those of you that have been checking in for years as well as those that have just stumbled upon our little corner of the world for the first time. I look forward to a great season of minor league football- there is much promise in the young season. This week's slate of calls will be rather short, but we will build steam as the summer wears on.

Let's get to it!

Lima Warriors @ Northwest Ohio Knights

Lima has in the last 5 years built a dynasty. Early and late season slip-ups have kept the team from staying atop the national radar, but they are certainly squarely on ours. In what looks likely to be the most challenging season in recent memory, they hit the road to face the high powered offense of the 2008 GLFL champion Knights. The Warrior offense will sputter and the defense will struggle.

Knights 26
Warriors 6

Indiana Cardinals @ Noble County Wolfpack

The Cardinals come off of a disappointing 2008 campaign- but learned a lot and certainly have plenty of talent and some solid leadership. Depth will be an issue for the Wolfpack who have their share of playmakers but will get caught behind early and not be able to catch up. This is a good early test for both teams.

Cardinals 18
Wolfpack 6

Tri-County Raiders @ Madison County Pirates

The battle for the Jolly Roger features a Pirates team with Dane Hill back at the helm and yet another post Beef Maloy era permutation of the IN/OH border region team. The Raiders bring plenty of talent and experience to town, but the Pirates are --so far-- a much better TEAM. Lots of big hits and turnovers in this one.

Pirates 23
Raiders 13

Adams County Patriots @ Indiana Generals

Enough noise about this one already. It is certainly a great match up and I think we can call it our game of the week. Wayne and his Patriots make the trip to Naptown with their trophy chest nearly full. The question remains: how hungry ARE the Pats? The Generals have been close to getting over the hump for years and years and they've got some special weapons. None of them strong enough, however, to stop the Patriot machine.

Patriots 22
Generals 0

Jay County Panthers @ Classic City Crush

This is how football is played in northeast Indiana. Lots of really big dudes and some uncomplicated offensive schemes- what I think folks like to call "smashmouth football". The big question in this ballgame is conditioning. Both teams will have shorter benches than they would like and it will be plenty warm. The Crush have the edge in both experience and conditioning.

Crush 18
Panthers 12

Louisville Bulls @ Ohio River Bearcats

The battle for the river will be all about depth and talent. Both teams are well equipped to make noise in their respective leagues and both teams in fact stand a chance to bring home the trophy. Both teams feature defenses that can destroy the morale of opponents- when they play well. The difference is that the Bulls play in the MCFL and week in and week out play teams as good as the Bearcats. In the long run, the boys from Evansville will be glad they played this one.

Bulls 31
Bearcats 13

That's it for this week, gang. Good luck to all of you out there in that crazy heat. Make sure to stay hydrated and bring home some great stories. We all look forward to the details of your games. Remember when you set foot on that field what a blessing it is to play the game we all love. And make sure to make your Mommas proud.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 06/27 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Glad to have the king of picks back. See you patriots on the field. Generals See you 5:15 saturday. No post needed by any Generals, lets just be ready to go come 7:30 saturday.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 06/27 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Hey Supa any prediction on The Indiana Titans & The Elkhart Shamrock??? THE BATTLE AROUND THE BEND...

hey jt good luck to you guys this weekend

what about the indy stampede and louisville Saints?

Sorry to those who were missed. Make sure to get your game posted in the thread early in the week and I will try to make sure yours gets called.

Good luck to all this weekend.

Yeah, because that thread "Titans vs Shamrock" on June 22 was not early enough. Try to get it in 10 minutes after you get home from your game the previous Saturday.

The games have always had to be listed under the "games this week" thread. If it wasn't in that one that's why it didn't get predicted.

Cards 14 ,Wolfpack 13 good game by both teams.

Crush 42 Panthers 0

Good game by the panthers wish them only the best. We are looking forward to the shamrocks in two weeks.

I was at the Wolfpack vs. Cardinals game and I must say it was a fun game to watch with a very exciting ending. I must say it was a hard fought game by both teams. A great goal line stand by the Pack made it seem with only 12 seconds to go in the game that they were on their way to victory being that the Cards were out of timeouts, but a costly mistake gave the ball back to the Cards with 5 ticks left on the clock and they scored the game winning TD. It was a very exciting finish and one I am glad I didn't miss. Great game by both teams and good Luck to both the Cards and The Pack in the upcoming season.

crazy finish. shows why u always play to the end. we were very fortunate to come out of there with a win. i dont get involved to much with the ifl-mfl thing but the shamrock and wolfpack are very solid well coached teams. good luck on you ifl seasons.....oh and thanks clawson. haha just messin wit ya

Miami Valley Warriors 36

Ohio Outlawz 21

Hard fought battle on both sides.

Coach Agee

The first ever "Battle Around The Bend" between The Indiana Titans & The Elkhart Shamrock was a great game to be involved with. Both teams was well prepared for this game & some old freindships were reunited even for a moment.

The score at halftime was...
Shamrock 20
Titans 7

The Titans regrouped at halftime & scored the only points in the second half. The game came down to the wire as the Titans had the ball within two minutes & a chance to win.

Final score...
Shamrock 20
Titans 14

Great game Titans & we thank you for hosting this great game.

Stay healthy Titans & go give it to the M.S.F.L.

mitch you are so right on it was a verry good game hard fought down to the wire you guys go rock the ifl see you again next year

Indiana Generals 36
Adams County Patriots 7

Pirates 31 vs Raiders 6
Thanks to the Raiders for making the trip to the Cove.
I'll have a more on the game tomorrow.

From the Bulls Twitter Account
Final 24 Bulls - 6 Bearcats

Thanks to the Bulls for coming down to the Ville. They are a heck of a team. Supa you were pretty close on this one.

Louisville Bulls 24
OR Bearcats 6

Lima Warriors 37
NWO Knights 7

The reports of the Warriors demise are greatly exaggerated as Lima puts up yet another stellar defensive effort against the conferences top scoring team.

Lima was led offensively by Kaene Runion's three touchdown passes each to Bobby Huttis(9 yds.), Porfirio Sutton(17 yds.) and a 13 yard strike to David Phillips. The Warrior ground game had a solid showing with Drew Cleckly going thirty yards for a score and Jeremy Bott setting a team record with a 95 yard touchdown scamper. Brent Ridenhour added a 29 yard field goal and 5 extra points. The Lima Warrior defense played strong once again not letting the Knights near the endzone except for one missed tackle resuling in a score for Northwest Ohio. The Warriors put up a great goal line stand at the end of the game where the Knights tried 4 times inside the 5 yard line, but could not get into the endzone. With the win the Warriors take a 1 game lead in their division.

Lima Warriors @ Northwest Ohio Knights

Lima has in the last 5 years built a dynasty. Early and late season slip-ups have kept the team from staying atop the national radar, but they are certainly squarely on ours. In what looks likely to be the most challenging season in recent memory, they hit the road to face the high powered offense of the 2008 GLFL champion Knights. The Warrior offense will sputter and the defense will struggle.

Knights 26
Warriors 6

Not so fast my friend!! Supa...a word of advice, if you continue to pick against us then you will continue to be proved wrong! ;)

wheres all the love for the nemo cyclones yet another year of domination! hats off to maybe the best defense in all semi pro football