supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it to late to join a team

I was wondering if the rosters are set in the IFL and if it was to late to join a team

Re: Is it to late to join a team

The Noble County Wolfpack are still taking players

The roster cutoff is the third game of the season, which is Aug. 1st. If you have been a part of another team in the IFL, you will have to get a release from your former IFL team.

The Raiders still have their roster open!

What about the Generals?

you can def still come out to the generals, we practice every tues and thurs at the ben davis cadet fields. we got a pretty good squad and all though very few spots have a def lock its not gonna be easy to get a starting spot. but be ready to work hard, i can guarantee you no team works as hard and does more cardio than our coach has us do. hope to see you soon. if you need more info go to our webpage, indianagenerals.com and get our coaches number.

Foga
The roster cutoff is the third game of the season, which is Aug. 1st. If you have been a part of another team in the IFL, you will have to get a release from your former IFL team.

By being a part of another team that means that you have payed a player fee for that team for THIS season that does not include teams that you have played for in the past unless of course you are under a contract with that team you are not legally considered a member of a teams roster until you have paid whatever fees the teams has to join them

"By being a part of another team that means that you have payed a player fee for that team for THIS season that does not include teams that you have played for in the past unless of course you are under a contract with that team you are not legally considered a member of a teams roster until you have paid whatever fees the teams has to join them"

Actually we agreed in league meetings that if a person has been practicing with a team after June 1st they have to be released by that team. Paying player's fees is not a consideration. This is to prevent a player learning another team's plays and then jumping teams to give them any information. It is in the league by-laws. So it is binding for all IFL teams until the By-laws are changed.

Thank you teammate for clearing that up because I was just about to do that myself. So the answer is no its not too late and you are free to join any team that you want as long as you are free to do so, if you have ties to another team where you have been attending practices after or since the beginning of last month then you must get a release from that team. Just to be honest about this whole thing, if you are trying to jump from one rival to another then i would say good luck gettin that release lol

I hate the rule about not being able to go to another team without a release. Here's why.
A player who has participated with a team all spring then finds out at pre-season he is not a starter. Then this player finds out he is not good enough to even be a second stringer. There are teams out there who are hurting for players or have a special need for position players. These players should be allowed to move teams. If I am playing over $100 to play then I should play. If the team doesn't have room for me then keep my bucks but let me move. Some of these guys have no chance on teams like the Cutters, the Mustangs, and the Generals who are blessed with good numbers. But teams like the Panthers and the Knights might be needing people. And if this player can alert his new team to all of your plays and insider information that can cause you to lose the game then maybe your team sucks. One scouting trip to watch your team will tell a good coach exactly what he needs to know to beat you. Not some word of mouth BS from a player who has a bad taste in his mouth.
OK...Blast away.

Bad rule, I have nothin bad to say about what you just said because you are right, however, my post was more about guys who are starters and second string guys that really contribute to the team that they were on or leave, if Izzy practices with us in late june and then in July he wanted to go to the Generals then we would have a very effin hard time getting a release from our team due to the fact that we play them 2 times already and were in the same division, he's a freak on the field and to be honest i dont really wanna have to try to tackle him all game....lol and last put not least, alot of teams use play books or sheets and those things can easily be taken home and copied without the team knowing so even when they ask for it back the would get it, but that player would still have a copy...I watch alot of film on teams that we play or played and yeah some teams stay true to form but there is nothin like havin a play book to learn from if u catch my drift. You still have to be good enough to stop the play, but knowing where to line up or shift when u see certain sets is awesome. I for one have never had anybody else's play books but im a student of the game so when i see certain things i alert my coaches. Thats the issue with this, its not that coaches just dont want u to play, they just want to make sure that there is no kind of shady stuff going on

Im sure that most teams would let you leave and go play for another team. The reason why is becuase your a crybaby bitch. See you cant handle the fact that YOUR NOT GOOD ENOUGHT TO PLAY so you want to tuck tail and run. See you was fine to play for YOUR TEAM THAT YOU PICKED TO PLAY FOR up until you found out in a PRESEASON GAME that you might not play. You dumbass it was one game. Did you ever think that you just did not fit into the game plan for that team. Damn some of you guys should go play softball somewhere.

Damn.. Did I say I was a player? Did I say I was affliated with any team at all? I was stating a point and you turned into "Hard Knock - god all mighty - bow your sorry ass down to me". (What an jerk)
The point is if a player is not going to get playing time, he might just quit the team, and join another team and not play. Then what is the team going to do? He isn't playing but he is still standing on someone else's sideline with YOUR playbook, and a bad taste in his mouth and is more apt to inform his new team about you. I agree with DreKey on a point. First and second string guys are valuable and should not be given their releases. But further down the line are not that big of a threat and should be released to be seek other teams.
And Hard Knock....Less caffeine and more intelligence would do you a lot a good on keeping friends.

I would say that if a players is unhappy he should talk to his coach. The player can explain to the coach what he feels and between the two they can come to a conclusion on whats best for the player.

Yeah, JT, but you know how it goes. Some would rather come on here and air all their dirty laundry and all their team's dirty laundry than to address things like a man.

Bill and JT, you both are right, those are the things that players SHOULD DO, but that would be too much like right and we all know it. We know that ppl would rather come on here and say some profound fact about the dirt that goes on within an org that they CHOOSE to be apart of. Crazy. As if there is one team that can say all is peaches and sugar cookies in their camps....Bad luck im not sayin that only the first two line of guys are important, everyman is important to your team, you need the players that are happy with mop up time, those are the guys that really make your team what it is, its not the Jeremy's or the Izzy's that make your team, there are far less of those guys than it is everybody else, its those guys that bind your team together, we have had good teams every yr because of these guys, hell i just found out this yr on HERE that we have such a huge issues within our ORG...and its still news to me....most of the guys on our team have been with us since the beginnin 3yrs ago and i know thats not that long but in semi pro you are lucky to still have a team 3 yrs later let alone a good one...I only had one head coach since i started playin semi pro and right now there is only one other one that i would even consider playin for and most ppl know whom that is and i know that player 40 is just as important on his team as player 1 is.....

best advice....

you have plenty of time dont make you mind up after just seeing one team... go check out as many practices as you can. hell you have until the 1st of August so why not keep your options open.
if you want NO BULLSHIT answers talk to Brent Slinkard Mike Cameron Matt Steele Josh Terheune Dane Hill. These guys are good guys and will set you straight.
Remember watching one practice will not in most cases make you decide in one day...

Keep your options open and these fellas named will definiely give you the coaching you need to succeed

Kurt36
4time IFL Champ

kurt email me an let me kno wuts goin on man