supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MFL 7/11 RESULTS PUT HERE

Re: MFL 7/11 RESULTS PUT HERE

Or you could look on the prediction page that has the scores posted. Even better go to the MFL website.

Bearcats 35 Pirates 13
Force 17 Patriots 10
Blitz 13 Cardinals 10
Wildcats 70 Wolverines 0

Damn, 70 to nothing? Thats insane.

wow that isnt right i mean i think tht they should have let the clock run or called the game but i dont think its right because i bet they just ran the score up instead of runing out the clock

The MFL Rules stats a running clock can start in the second half after there is a deferential of 40pts or when mutually agreed upon by both coaches. I dunno is this was the case or not at this game.

I was at the game... the wildcats were not trying to run the score up. They had a lot of defensive scores and maybe a special team, i dont remember. There was a running clock in the second half. This game was probably the most classy game i have seen in awhile. Wildcats seem to be a good bunch of guys as well as the wolverines.

honestly... how long is this team gonna stay around... i was at the game.. they have maybe 15 players... NO DEFENSE NO O line and now they lost there starting QB.. the wildcats ran almsot everyplay... no stopping it... i really feel bad for some of the wolverines players

well i was at the game also. I think the wildcats are some good guys too. but i thought going for 2 pt conversions when they have a kicker late in the game was kinda shady

Don't worry, they will get a taste of their own medicine soon enough.....

Yea, I was at the game too and they straight kicked our butts like i've never seen b4, it was humiliating...the score says 70-0 but that does not give justice to how the game went...it was waaay worse than that...they didn't run the score up at all, they ran the ball 95% of the time..the score would be in triple figures if the refs did not call back a few tds...c'mon ppl..if we don't step up on our recruiting and intensity, there would be similar scores like this every week. I was embarrassed at the effort out there, its a disgrace to the sport of ft ball when you don't leave your all out there on the field. Just a damn shame!!!

Chris, great game over the week. I am not taking a stab at you nor your team. I am actually putting this for every team to think about. With the minor comments from anybody, "wait until you meet our team" it doesn't really prove a lot. I have seen many play this year and I have watched your team play also. You all have a lot of talent and maybe some up from last year with the merge. The only thing, it's going to make or break you guys. You are the team to take down this year and being a bearcat fan myself, keep your heads in every game, play as a team, and forget the "I's". I remember last year and all the teams talked about taking down the bearcats or how we were the beartits, sissycats, cheaters, ect. They didn't say anything, just put it to them. They played team ball. I guess where I am getting at is look forward to the force this week. Remember what you posted last year, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man." The man is this weekend. Get the job done bearcats.

p.s. when I played, I respected the man that snapped the ball, put somebody on his ass with his size and talent, not his anger and words. That's respect. Get to the huddle, come back, and give it a shot.

A couple things need to be said about our result. I purposely waited a few days to respond. First, Wolverines players, if you are going to come on this board and talk, do it under a name with which you can by identified. This board is full of anonymous posters who hide behind that anonymity and say what they want. If our players have something to say, we expect them to stand behind it.

Ok, now for the game. It was embarassing. We obviously were not prepared. I cannot honestly say the Wildcats ran up the score. By my count, we had 7 turnovers including 3 interceptions. You don't win that way and guys that intercept the ball aren't going to fall on the ground after they catch it. We blew it big time and we have some major adjustments to make. The Wildcats should be proud of what they have built this year. They are a solid team and given their struggles last year, they are a force to be reckoned with. I spent the last 3 years in the north division and never played the Wildcats. I didn't know much about them, but after meeting Mike I have to say he's one of the best guys I've met in this league.

We have some work to do for sure. We will work hard to fix it.

In Response to Chris Cooke
Chris, great game over the week. I am not taking a stab at you nor your team. I am actually putting this for every team to think about. With the minor comments from anybody, "wait until you meet our team" it doesn't really prove a lot. I have seen many play this year and I have watched your team play also. You all have a lot of talent and maybe some up from last year with the merge. The only thing, it's going to make or break you guys. You are the team to take down this year and being a bearcat fan myself, keep your heads in every game, play as a team, and forget the "I's". I remember last year and all the teams talked about taking down the bearcats or how we were the beartits, sissycats, cheaters, ect. They didn't say anything, just put it to them. They played team ball. I guess where I am getting at is look forward to the force this week. Remember what you posted last year, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man." The man is this weekend. Get the job done bearcats.

p.s. when I played, I respected the man that snapped the ball, put somebody on his ass with his size and talent, not his anger and words. That's respect. Get to the huddle, come back, and give it a shot.

My comment was geared toward the 70-0 game. As being a part of a 101-0 victory once, I don't think that sort of game proves anything. Since that game in 2006, I realized that you can physically dominate a team without doing that sort of thing on the scoreboard. We played everyone on Saturday night or else we could have ran up the score too, but what does that prove? In the second half we worked on plays that had not been working for us in practice. Additionally, everyone who works hard and shows up to practice will get a chance with us and Saturday night was a good example of that.

To put another issue to bed, there was no merger in Evansville, one organization is no more and only seven of us are playing ball still from that former team. I have no idea what the rest are doing and thus the problem with my former team. I guess the way that I hear some teams travel in the MFL, seven would mean a merger, lol. I am just happy that our last game had two well run organizations and was representative of what Semi-Pro Football can be if we all would work as one and put down our own egos.