supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL SCHELDULE

OK THIS NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF WHILE IT STILL CAN. THE COUGARS FOLDED. THANKS ALOT ONE WEEK BEFORE SEASON. SID, JIMMY, THAD, SHROCK, BRENT, MITCHELL AND WHOEVER ELSE IS IN CHARGE. YOU NEED TO GET TOGETHER VIA PHONE OR MEETING ASAP AND MAKE A SCHELDULE WHERE EVERYONE PLAYS EVERYONE ONCE. LEAVE THE FIRST WEEK OF GAMES THE SAME AND EVERY TEAM WILL HAVE ONE BYE WEEK STARTING WITH THE GENERALS. ITS THE ONLY FAIR SOLUTION. CAUSE LETS BE HONEST, DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE GOLDEN KINGHTS OT PANTHERS TEAM. IF THESE TWO TEAMS DO PLAY, ONCE THEY GET BEAT BY A DIVISION OPPONENT BY 40 ARE THEY GONNA SHOW UP FOR THE NEXT GAME??? SOME TEAMS HAD SET GOALS FOR THEMSELVES THIS SEASON LIKE POINTS SCORED AND POINTS AGAINST AND HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN NOW??? AND WHAT IF, JUST WHAT IF THE MUSTANGS GO UNDEFEATED AND THE CUTTERS GO UNDEFEATED, WHO GETS THE TIE BREAKER??? MUSTANGS CAUSE THEY HAVE MORE POINTS SCORED OR CUTTERS CAUSE THEY GAVE UP FEWER POINTS DUE TO FORFITS EITHER WAY NOT FAIR. THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT CAN BE FIXED NOW, KEEP ALL WEEK ONE GAMES SAME AND THEN CHANGE REMAINDER OF SEASON. IT NEEDS TO BE DONE. THIS IS A REALSITC AND SERIOUS POST. IFL REPRESENATIVES GET THIS DONE.

Re: IFL SCHELDULE

u make alot of sense mr bs. lol. mustangs should play the cutters and generals. its only fair. any team that makes it to the champion ship game should have a tougher schedule than what they had the previous year including their championship game opponent. how did they get an easier one? they are turning this in to a bcs system and the league only has 9 teams now not 100+. how do you not make the best teams play each other? analogy: the mustangs are starting the season ranked #2 and they are in the wac conference. all they have to do is beat up on weaker opponents. not only is it not fair to the cutters and generals who play each other twice, but it is not fair to the teams in the north who actually have a legitimate schedule.

thanks for agreeing but its not even the issue of everyone playing eachother once(which is great and what most players want anyways) its an issue of teams having games. thats already 2 more weeks off the teams in the south have. if every team plays eachother once then every team has same chance to compete.

this is definately a GREAT idea and something that can be done as long as the league reps get on it ASAP. at least teake a vote. do it for all the players. they deserve to play same amount of games

yea that will be tough. how will conference rankings come out when some teams in the north dont even play them. what makes it even worse is that everyone plays each other on the same weeks. its impossible to fill these games with interleague play without reconstruction of the conference schedule. i suggested it being but week but that is not fair to the teams in the south. dont know. i honestly didnt think the cougers would be the team to fold. more than likely there will be a team in the north to do the same thing. maybe that is the answer.

well now not surprised about this at all this what happens when there are two many chiefs and not enough indians change the schedule???? that would be next to impossible when you are supposed to open in 5 days the problem here goes back to the schedule to start with everyone wants a schedule that doesn't have lots of travel in it guys at this level you either travel or don't play this is what happens when a smooth talker convinces everyone that division play is the greatest thing since sliced bread the idea of everyone having a bye week is a good one but good luck getting the powers that be in the south to agree to that IT WON'T HAPPEN.
You all are also overlooking the fact that you have two rookie teams that are not proven as of yet and in fact the rumor is that one of them hasn't even got their field situation down yet. The economy is terrible right now are these new teams going to make it if they get blown out at home a couple times and don't have any fan base.
I know there is major friction between the IFL and the MFL but hey the MFL is going with 8 teams and they play each other and still have a north and south division so whats the major issue with everyone in the IFL playing each other once and being done with it. I know many things have been said about the leadership in the MFl but hey I am going to have to say it looks like they have their S*%T together lots more than the IFL right now and lets not take that and turn this into a bitch thread the point is IFL you NEED to ACT and ACT NOW or you are going to have major problems in a few weeks. If there ever was a point in time when an emergency meeting was called for this is it and it needs to be soon say Wednesday night that gives every team the chance to make arrangements to be there but then how many meeting has had everyone there this year anyway.
You know there are 9 of you left and ALL 9 should be the ones who make this league decision not the select few. I'm going to say that the IFL at seasons end will have only 8 teams still playing

this is a good post and its very legit. keep week one the same and change rest of schedule. every team gets one bye week. do this for the players.

ALL IFL PLAYERS SHOULD READ THIS POST AND RESPOND WITH WHAT THEY THEY THINIK, YES TO NEW SCHEDULE OR NO? LEAVE YOUR NAME AND TEAM

another ifl player
this is a good post and its very legit. keep week one the same and change rest of schedule. every team gets one bye week. do this for the players.

ALL IFL PLAYERS SHOULD READ THIS POST AND RESPOND WITH WHAT THEY THEY THINIK, YES TO NEW SCHEDULE OR NO? LEAVE YOUR NAME AND TEAM

Thank you for your kind words this is a very important topic this league cannot afford to sit back and have the leadership say well you just have to take a forfiet thats BS and not an option at all the league should hold an emergency league meeting that must be mandatory for all teams to have a rep at and get this mess striaghtened out before it becomes bigger than it already is it is about more than pride now gentelmen it is about doing what is right for the PLAYERS the FANS and the SPONSORS put your self centered thoughts on hold for a week and get this worked out we have lost enough this year the all star game is gone and now some teams have lost a home game don't sit on your behinds do something and do it now

Why this is a headache.
Besides the obvious reasons.
1. There are requests for certain days that teams wanted home or away games.
2. Teams have already submitted their schedules to Athletic Directors. Some teams work hard to get these dates and might not be able to change dates.

In a perfect world we could change the schedule in a couple of weeks, but it would be very hard right now, not impossible, just very hard. We will have to see how things shape up. Give it time and we will find out

I am so sick and tired of seeing people bitch on here about the Mustangs schedule. This is going to be more of a rope than an thread but here goes.

1. Sid set the schedule - False. Sid was Vice President when the schedule was created, voted on, and approved by the league reps. He had absolutly nothing to do with it.

2. The Mustangs are ducking going to Bloomington - False. In conversations with Andy Crisp and Sid both told me that they informed the IFL that we wanted and OWED the Cutters a trip to Bloomington. Damn, they drove to Bourbon twice last season so we do owe them. I have not confirmed this with anyone other than from my own team but I have no reason to doubt this.

3. The IFL needs to dump the schedule because apparently the Cougars folded - NO WAY. It isn't that easy. Most of the IFL teams are either on high school fields or school owned property that we rent. We have to turn in a schedule to the AD's as soon as it is set to allow them to schedule THEIR fields for their events. Going back to them now and saying "oops we're sorry, can we change this?" is not a good thing. We might be on their field for 2009 but if we keep changing our minds we have a big problem for 2010. Also some teams requested home dates for reasons such as festivals, weddings, or promotions for home games. Our August 8th home date with the Crush is a very good example. Bourbon has a festival with fireworks after our game. And we are only one team. What about the other 8?

4. The Mustang's have an easy schedule - Remember 2008? There are many documented threads here from people bitching about driving distances and using that as an excuse for losing. My God people. Make up your mind. The IFL divided the teams by regions to make traveling less. Damn, we drove to Dayton Ohio and Mercer County last season when gas was $4.50 per gallon. No one wants to drive so they divided. If you think for one minute that the teams in the North are weaker except for the Mustangs then you should not even have an opinion. All the teams in the North can beat us. I have seen the Wolfpack against the Cardinals. They play to win and I guarentee you they will be coming to Bourbon to prove a point. And when we visit them in August it will not be any better. As a coach of over 20 years I can tell you from expereience, a motivated team is the most dangerous opponent you will ever face.

5. Now everyone is worried about the Panthers and the Knights - Where the hell were you when the Cougars were still here? It sounds like to me you want to make one of these 2 teams the sacrificial lamb because the big bad Mustangs, Cutters, or Generals (teams everyone keeps mentioning) are going to pound these teams into submission. Give me a break. These teams joined the IFL knowing what they were getting into. If we are fortunate enough to have a large lead on either of these 2 teams, I hope Tyler is smart enough to get our starters out of there and play the back-ups. I saw a score from Saturday that was 70-0? WTF???

6. Still on changing the schedule - Players work schedules. The last time I looked all of the players in the IFL have jobs. (Except for the payed players from the Cutters..lol Sorry DreKey you know I don't mean that)A lot of them have to work on Saturdays. I know some of our guys went to their bosses and asked for specific dates off because of day games. Ooops. The Cougars folded and everyone with a computer and knows about Suprafan wants to throw the schedule out and have a "do over" If I was an employer and you kept coming to me to change your days off I think I might be able to accomidate you and give you every day off.

Ok blast away and have fun. Changing the schedule is not the way. Eliminate "Points For" and "Points Against" as a tie breaker and find another way.

i think the sacrifices of few is worth it if its the best interests of the league. which it definately is. your fine with it cause your team wont have any bye weeks. the cutters and generals have potential to have def 2 maybe even 4-5 depending on whathappens with golden knights and panthers. and other teams from other leagues cant be scheduled in, most leagues in mid west are in season as well. ive looked it up. this is a difficult problem to fix, i know this. but one that can be done if all team heads get together and mash it out. stop thinking about yourselves and think about the guys that make this league work, the players.

Ok...I'll try again. It isn't about the Mustangs!! It's about the IFL and CAN it be done.

i think thats all the players want and we understand its hard for it to happen but can the guys in charge put their heads together and try to find a better solution. i kow your team would most likely like to play the cutters, generals and every team in reg season as well. i know i would. it just need to be worked on asap. the players should have some say, thats what this board is for right? for us to express how we feel. majority of us want this to happen.

Not gonna happen the powers that be in the south are working the phones so hard right now they don't want to travel if you want to play every team in a league this isn't the league for you

A SCHEDULE IS BEING WORKED OUT AS WE SPEAK JUST HOLD ON!

schedule made by who?

This is what gets me about this league someone gets on here trying to be sly and says that there are open dates in the league when it is apparent that something happened over the weekend why in the hell wasn't the damn situation taken care of and a replacement schedule made before anyone ever got on this board and let it be known there is a problem, which brings me to the second part of this situation you say a schedule is being worked on as we speak that is so funny who the hell is making that schedule and are ALL the IFL team being represented in this new schedule or is it just a couple of guys on the phone saying this is it take it or leave it. There is a board for the IFL and that board should be the one making a new schedule and only that board no two or three person decisions here include everyoen and do it at a meeting where everyone can speak

i bet you dont want to change the schedule. if this is a nightmare for any team it is the mustangs. i hope they change it and make you go through bloomington and indy. that is the only way you could shut my mouth.

beach boy with a mohawk
This is what gets me about this league someone gets on here trying to be sly and says that there are open dates in the league when it is apparent that something happened over the weekend

Look I was not trying to be SLY. I was told that the schedule was going to remain the same and I wanted to get these dates out there to see if any teams in other leages had open dates that matched. The MCFL and AFL have teams with bye weeks. I was not being deceptive I was trying to help out teams who need games.
I do not have any more info on another schedule being worked out, but if it is then good for the league. I am just the treasurer, not a team rep.

many of the ifl reps wanted to play everyone once. thats how it should be. there is a team in bloomington whos reps whined and whined about everything until they got their way. the league caved and gave into the these demands. its bs that most of the changes are a result of this team. and now with the folding the south is getting even more screwed. as much as it would be nice to see a schedule change it is very unrealistic to expect it to happen now, but it is possible. how many of you can look at the schedule and try to redo it with minimal changing of whether a team stays home or away. can you do it? post it since everyone is smarter than everyone on here.

This is what you get when you listen to people who don't have a clue same two cried and whined about teh all-star game until it was gone as well just think if everyone hadn't jumped on the band wagon the schedule would have been everyone playing each other once and there wouldn't be a problem now would there. What is so funny is these guys talking about not wanting to travel because of expenses but hey what team is the only one that gets a bus get real this is amatuer football not a college or the pros this is a mens social outing for those who still have the desire to play a game that they love.
Kind of fitting though the whiners don't have a home opener now

Know your facts before posting...

The Proverbs say "Even a fool is thought to be wise until he opens his mouth."

If you were at the meetings you would know better. If you are getting your info from a secondary source then all you are spitting is gossip. If you were in the meetings then you should know better then to discuss anything on this board the way you are. If you are a team rep. then do your job & represent. The League will take care of itself diplomacticly & not on this message board. Believe you me, noone wanted anything to happen the way it did. So to keep on with all this talk the way everyone in the world without a name is doing, is getting nothing accomplished.

Panic not people...

Mitchell Frantz
Shamrock #3
Co-Owner

Do you know what that is??? Its a name before & after a post... Man Up...

lets see how you all feel when these whiners get the league in as much trouble as their own organization is just keep on following and listening to them and this will get very interesting and come up with something that they don't like and watch them start holding their breath