supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 07/18 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good day, SupaNation. The unseasonably cool weather and the fullness of of my other commitments have again conspired to delay this week's predictions. That delay does not reflect the quality of the games on tap, only my own attempt to cram 35 hours worth of work into a 24 hour day. Enough about me, though. This week features a full menu of great games- so let's get to it!

Indiana Cutters @ Tri County Raiders

One wonders what the off season has brought the Cutters- with retirements and injuries, but rumors of great new talent on the field. The long trip will be no help to the Cutters, but they've got the Raiders outgunned even shorthanded.

Cutters 35
Raiders 14

Grand Rapids Thunder @ Lima Warriors

The Warriors are glad to be hosting the Thunder as the boys from Lima have always underperformed up in Western Michigan. Both teams have changed a good deal since those epic battles of yore, but both are still contenders. The Warrior mojo is strong enough at home.

Warriors 24
Thunder 15

Miami County Blitz @ Ohio River Bearcats

The Blitz might just be the most consistent team in the MFL over the last 4 years, and they've done it largely with solid defense and a no-nonsense offense- and this year appears no different. The Bearcats represent in many ways the opposite- a big play, much flashier team. The very long trip will take its toll on the visitors, but a great game nonetheless.

Bearcats 16
Blitz 8

Elkhart Shamrock @ Classic City Crush

These are two teams due to rebound, but it seems doubtful that both will return to form this year. Both teams have a small group of vets, but we all know that it is depth that makes a team win or lose. The visitors bring with them more speed and a bit more depth- even on the road. The Rock pull away late in this one.

Shamrock 31
Crush 16

East Central Wolverines @ Ohio Force

While it seems unlikely that the Wolverines are as bad as last week's score suggests (or the WCW as good) it's pretty clear that the Force are to be reckoned with this season. It is hard to imagine that the ECW will be in this game after the first quarter, but you can bet that they will fight hard to the closing bell.

Force 58
Wolverines 0

Racine Threat @ Chicago Thunder

You'll have to pardon a second pun here, but it is perfectly reasonable to say that the boys from Racine are the best Threat to end the home field streak of the impenetrable Thunder. Indications are that the skilled position pickups for the Thunder are great this year, but the hogs are not at all where they should be. The Thunder squeak by, but tougher times may be ahead.

Thunder 25
Threat 16

Indianapolis Stampede @ Kankakee Plowmen

The brief and fiery secession of the Affliction has ended and it is clear that the Stampede are in great shape following the eventful off season. In what is always a musical chairs with players in Naptown, it is clear that the Stampede have come out on top. If their numbers do not dwindle, they will challenge the Thunder for the MSFL title, but no such contest this week.

Stampede 28
Plowmen 16

Lincoln Way Patriots @ Lake County Steelers

It's been tough to watch the Steelers flounder all of these years in a region where they should dominate. On top of that, it looks that this year's team is in worse position than any in recent memory. A Patriots team comes in with a pretty good offense, and the Steelers are looking to get rung up two weeks in a row, even at home.

Patriots 44
Steelers 8

Adams County Patriots @ Indiana Cardinals

If you like big hits and great defense, this might well be your game of the week. The Cards have been much like the Blitz in achievement, though very different in approach, over the last several years. The Force have revealed that the Pats were in fact human- and while the visitors are likely to lose again in this tough regular season, they will find a way to be on the right side of a close game this week.

Patriots 14
Cardinals 8

West Central Wildcats @ Madison County Pirates

The scoreboard in Brazil last week got a better workout than did most of the Wildcats this offseason. Anyone who was at the ballgame will tell you that the visiting ECW had many guys playing out of position and found themselves ill prepared to play any game. It's hard to take anything away from the WCW, though, who seem to be a real contender this year. The Pirates will be playing at home and will have learned something from their long trip. This game will be different in the playoffs, but for now, the visitors win the day.

Wildcats 28
Pirates 20

Noble County Wolfpack @ Kosciusco County Mustangs

The Wolfpack have played a great preseason in two close games against two quality teams. Along with the great leadership and organization, the Wolfpack bring trouble to Bourbon. Though the Mustangs leadership know well not to take the the visitors for granted, they will be playing catchup for much of the first half. Look for turnovers to play a big role and for the hometown sweethearts to be victims of the young IFL season's first upset. These two teams will make noise in this league deep into the playoffs, but the visitors win this day.

Wolfpack 27
Mustangs 23

St. Joe County (MI) Panthers @ Indiana Generals

It's difficult to know what the Panthers will bring this season. The efforts to get the ball rolling in southwest Michigan have always come up short, but that is not for lack of talent or effort. It is hard for me to believe that things will be different in 2009, and while the Generals too are an enigma, one has to give the hosts a big advantage. Many reports suggest that the Generals have acquired some big time talent, but the boys in Red have had trouble with chemistry in the past. That said, we can all expect a lopsided victory for the hosts, and while we will find out little about either team from this game, both teams will gain from having played it.

Generals 33
Panthers 6

****Special International Edition

Györ Sharks @ Reggio Emilia Hogs

Big #72 brings his Hungarian brothers down to play for the EFAF Challenge cup to Northern Italy to take on the heavily favored Hogs. The Sharks are no strangers to success, but do not have the speed or the size of the hosts. While 72 will not leave Europe with a title, he'll have some great stories that we look forward to hearing and pictures we'll look forward to seeing. Let's hope that he find a sweet Italian Signora to help him forget about the loss. Those interested in watching the game can do so LIVE online beginning at 2:30pm EDT @ http://www.sharks.hu/index.php?cid=1.

Hogs 31
Sharks 18

That is it, folks. So glad to have most every team in full swing and very glad to have the mild weather to watch a game or two this weekend. Make sure to give it your all and make your mommas proud. And remember, your mommas love it when you leave scores and lots of detail- and nothing else- in this thread.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 07/18 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

EVERYONE CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE......................OK IT IS OFFICIAL THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND IS OFFICIALLY A HATER OF THE INDIANA GENERALS.HE CALLED THEM AN ENIGMA. AN THAT THEY LACK TEAM CHEMISTRY. WELL I AM FOR THE PATRIOTS PLAY FOR THE PATRIOTS AND WE HAD OUR ASSES HANDED TO US BY THE GENERALS. NOW DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE THE PATRIOTS AND I AM NOT FOR THE GENERALS BUT FROM WHAT I SEEN FROM THE GENERALS THEY ARE VASTLY IMPROVED FROM THE TEAM WE BEAT LAST SEASON. THIS SEEMS TO BE A TEAM ON A MISSION THERE QB IS THE REAL DEAL AND THEY HAVE ABOUT 7 WIDE RECIEVERS THAT COULD START FOR ANY TEAM IN SEMI PRO. THERE RUNNING BACK IS AN ABSOLUTE STUD AND HAD MANY LONG RUNS IN THAT GAME AND A WARNING TO ALL TEAMS THERE TIGHT END IS THERE MOST DANGEROUS WEAPON TO ME I MEAN THE GUY CAN JUST FLAT OUT PLAY AND THRIVES FOR CONTACT. SO SUPA I THINK YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY TAKE A PERSONAL TRIP TO INDY TO SEE THE GENERALS GAME BECAUSE THEY SHOULD MAKE ALOT OF NOISE IN THE IFL. TO THE GENERALS HOPE WE GET TO PLAY YOU GUYS AGAIN AND THAT WE ARE A MUCH BETTER TEAM THAT DAY. YOU GUYS ARE A GOOD TEAM FULL OF CLASS. BUT MY MAIN REASON THAT I COMMENTED ON THIS WHILE LOOKING FOR PREDICTION ON OUR GAME IS BECAUSE I AM A REALIST AND WHAT SUPA STATED ABOUT THE GENERALS EVEN THOUGH HE PICKED THEM TO WIN IS NOT TRUE BECAUSE IVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. SUPA MAYBE YOU SHOULD TO. ON THE FLIP SIDE THANKS FOR PICKING US AGAINST THE CARDINALS EVEN THOUGH I BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE IMPROVED DRASTICLY ON OFFENSE IN PRACTICE THE PAST FEW WEEKS AND WE WILL SCORE MORE POINTS THAN 14.LETS GO PATRIOTS WE MUST DEFEND OUR CROWN IN THE MFL

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 07/18 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Force win, 53-0. This was a game played with great sportsmanship and I wish Cec and the Wolverines the best of luck. See you guys in a few weeks.

Generals 56
Panthers 0

Mustangs 34
wolfpack 26

Ohio River Bearcats 27
Miami County Blitz 0

Great game bearcats

Damn...The "hometown sweethearts" won. Imagine that. Supa wrong again. Although I will give you we did have to come from behind.
The Pack IS a team to be considered a dark horse. Great job Coach Marsh and the Wolfpack. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Lima Warriors 27
Grand Rapids Thunder 20

Kaene Runion throws 3 more touchdown passes, as two of his strikes go to Corey Clarke (40, 61 yds.) and another touchdown pass of 18 yards to Jeremy Bott. Andrew Cleckley adds the score on the ground. Defensively, Brandt Huttis paced the Warriors with two interceptions, Jason Bott had one to go with his many tackles. Warriors go for their 6th straight division title next week as we host the NWO Knights.

Wildcats win over the Pirates 18 to 14 is a game that came down to the last min of play.

Tornadoes 51 @ Warriors 14
Illinois Pirates 28 @ Great Lake Wolfpack 6
Wolfpack 26 @ Mustangs 34
Shamrock 15 @ Crush 12
St. Joe Panthers 0 @ Generals 56
Cutters 38 @ Raiders 8
Wolverines 0 @ Force 53
Patriots 24 @ Cardinals 7
Wildcats 18 @ Pirates 14
Blitz 0 @ Bearcats 27
Mid State Steel 22 @ Titans 17
Stampede 12 @ Plowmen 13
Lincolnway Patriots 35 @ Steelers 7

Chicago Thunder 39

Racine Threat 13