supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 07/25 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good morning, SupaNation. I am pleased to report that the SupaFan express is on time and at full speed this weekend ahead of a great slate of games. August is quickly approaching and we are already coming up on the time when the contenders are separated from the pretenders. The weather promises to continue to be fair across the region, and the quality of football is no doubt warming right up. Let's get to it!

Ohio Force @ West Central Wildcats

There should be no doubt in the minds of minor league observers across the region that the Force are for real and may well be the heirs to the throne of dominance in West Central Ohio. The Wildcats are always tough at home and have had a reputation for big hits and stingy defense since their very inception. That's not enough this day- not even close.

Force 31
Wildcats 10

Indiana Cardinals @ Madison County Pirates

What a great game this will be! The Pirates have taken their licks in the early going, but are the kind of team that only grows from having faced adversity. The Cardinals are a bit like the Generals of the last couple of years- good talent and leadership, but just can't get over the hump. This day, the Pirates find their footing and a bit of opportunistic defense will be enough to clip the visitors.

Pirates 16
Cardinals 6

Ohio River Bearcats @ East Central Wolverines

The only advantage the Wolverines can count on is that they are playing host in this one. Every year sees a team like the ECW and most all of you have played on a team like it. Tough, scrappy guys who are several guys short and playing out of position. Props to the ECW- they'll earn a lot of respect, but no points in this one.

Bearcats 51
Wolverines 0

Classic City Crush @ Noble County Wolfpack

The Wolfpack have taken their lumps and bided their time and are now poised to take care of business. As I have often made the argument in the past, this rough early season will pay of for the boys from the 57. The Crush are a solid team that is good at most every phase of the game, but not great at anything. With a lot of parity in the IFL this season, they are likely to see a lot of losses like this one.

Wolfpack 22
Crus 12

N.W. Ohio Knights @ Lima Warriors

Two great teams here and it is true that a great deal is on the line in this ballgame. The difference will be defense. While the Warriors' defense is not at its best level just yet, it is years ahead of what the Knights bring. Combine that fact with the home-field advantage and Lima ends up a bigger winner than most will expect.

Warriors 38
Knights 16

Indiana Generals @ Tri-County Raiders

All of the haters can officially consider me a convert. I have seen the burning bush, I have come to know the truth. The Generals are the real deal. They've proven it time and again against solid competition. They make big plays on both sides of the ball. While the Raiders are better than many expected thus far, they'll be overwhelmed on defense and get behind early- never to catch up.

Generals 41
Raiders 10

Miami County Blitz @ Adams County Patriots

It seems the reports of the emergence of the Blitz offense were premature. I guess any team named after a defensive stunt is not destined to be an offensive juggernaut. At any rate, the Patriots seem to be getting their bearings after nearly having racked up as many losses in the first few weeks of this season as they had in the last several years. Blitz will bring the D, but little else- and not enough of any of it.

Patriots 20
Blitz 0

Elkhart Shamrock @ St Joe County Panthers

The Rock are hard to read at this point and while the IFL looks like a great race at the top, it is not yet clear that the boys from Etown are in that top tier. The Shamrock defense, in spite of some offseason losses, seems to be playing well early. The offense is still a question. The short trip up over the border should not deplete the roster, and the latest iteration of the White Pigeon/Sturgis based club is likely to provide little resistance. Someone has to be the IFL doormat, and right now it looks like the Panthers.

Shamrock 31
Panthers 12

Indiana Titans @ Indianapolis Stampede

These are two teams not yet where they thought they would be. Having said that, because the Stampede bar was much higher, they are the clear favorite. Even if they were to have to make the long journey northward- I'd like them for a win. The Titans cannot yet find that magic to close the close game and they'll not have the opportunity this week.

Stampede 29
Titans 10

Lake County Steelers @ Chicago Mustangs

All Cubs fans know that every new day, every new season is a new chance to start a streak. The Steelers have to have that in mind because the prospects for 09 are not looking so good right now. A visit to the Mustangs will bring them into a hostile environment with a short bench and no chemistry. Perhaps better days are ahead, but to be honest, the MSFL is looking much tougher overall than what the Mustangs will bring. Long season ahead for the Steelers.

Mustangs 23
Steelers 8

Joliet Buccaneers @ Chicago Thunder

Two words: Hanson Stadium.

Thunder 34
Buccaneers 13

Kosciusco County Mustangs @ Indiana Cutters

How about this rematch of last year's IFL championship? This time the Cutters play host and bring a reloaded team into the fray. The Mustangs have already proven (as expected) to be in the title hunt, but so are the Cutters. The boys from up north are perhaps the most consistent team over the history of the IFL, and one can expect a solid effort even after a long road trip. The difference in this one will be the Cutter ground game and the Mustang turnovers. A good solid preview, no doubt, for a post season matchup- we shall see.

Cutters 27
Mustangs 22

That's all I've got. The cool weather allows the prediction machine to run at full speed for a good hour or two, but it is time to shut her down. Uncle Supa, too, is due for a couple of hours of sleep. It was good to see a couple of you out on the road last week and I plan to see a few more this weekend. Make sure to say hello and save me a good seat! Good luck to each of you and be sure to make your mommas proud!

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 07/25 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Elkhart Shamrock 43- Panthers 7

Panthers have alot of heart and their field is amazing. Number 18 is a GREAT player...Great game on both sides and while it was a run away game class was shown all around. This is the second week I've been witness to great opponents with lots of class.

Shamrock looked Good...but can't wait for them to look GREAT as we have tougher weeks ahead.

Go ROCK!!

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 07/25 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Cutters 21 Mustangs 18 very hard fought battle. Mustangs QB Whitaker suffered what appeared to be a broken collar bone in the third quarter

Patriots 34
Blitz 7

Pats and Blitz scored early and then Patriot Defense held strong. Great game by both teams. The Blitz starting QB got rocked and missed most of the 2nd half. The Blitz pushed down the field late in the game and were stopped at the goalline on 4th and 3.

Generals 42 vs Raiders 0

Ohio Force- 0
West Central Wildcats- 19

Very good game. The sportsmanship was terrific and as well as the first 2 games we played. That's something I couldn't say last season. Hopefully it stays that way. Force we all hope you had a safe trip home, good luck, and can't wait to make that long trip to you guys! :)

Pirates 36
Cardinals 9

Thanks to the Cardinals for making the trip to the Cove. See you all again in a few weeks.

Early Morning Score update:

Mustangs 18 @ Cutters 21
Shamrock 43 @ Panthers 7
Crush 0 @ Wolfpack 44
Generals 42 @ Raiders 0
Blitz 7 @ Patriots 34
Cardinals 9 @ Pirates 36
Force 0 @ Wildcats 19
Bulls 14 @ Mustangs 16
Titans 20 @ Stampede 27
Steelers 8 @ Chicago Mustangs 36

Need scores for the following match ups:

Warriors @ Saints
Tornadoes @ Bulldogs
Red Devils @ Great Lake Wolfpack

Team Update:

The Indiana Rage have folded for the year.

TORNADOS 27 BULLDOGS 7.